PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Warm Up Round 2

swansrock4eva
13th February 2003, 03:34 PM
Ok same deal, you have until Sunday night to send me your answers via PM or email :)

Round Two
1. Which country once went by the name of Mesopetamia?

2.True or false: The female goldfish blows bubbles to attract a male for mating purposes.

3. What was Maxwell Smart's agent number?

4. Who was the club's vice-captain in 1994?

5. Who was known as The Maid of Orleans?

j s
13th February 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva

2.True or false: The female goldfish blows bubbles to attract a male for mating purposes.

1) I don't think there has ever been a country called Mesopetamia

2) Don't know about goldfish but male crows make bubbles in spa baths

3) 34

4) Kenny

5) Des

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:38 PM
Just wait for the expert.......................................come on Liz, we're waiting!

Grant
13th February 2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by j s
1) I don't think there has ever been a country called Mesopetamia

2) Don't know about goldfish but male crows make bubbles in spa baths

3) 34

4) Kenny

5) Des

LMAO:D :D :D
Especially the answer to number2

swansrock4eva
16th February 2003, 10:02 PM
Round Two Answers
Iraq (also, further research shows TWO spellings - the one i used, plus one with an 'e' instead of the 'o', but you all god it right anyway so we're laughing!)

False - it's the bloke making the bubbles as usual

Dermott Brereton (congrats Snajk - only one who got it!)

Joan of Arc

Score Update
NMW, Ert, Norris Lurker and Snajk - 4 points
Liz - 3.5
JS - 0.5 for making with the funny :p

Come on the rest of you! There will actually be a prize for this so get thinking now and you may walk away a winner on the night no matter which table you are on (or you can be eligible for a prize despite being absent from the night in the first place!

NMWBloods
17th February 2003, 08:05 AM
Dermott Brereton (congrats Snajk - only one who got it!)

How funny. I was going to guess this, but thought it was too absurd, and surely I would have remembered something so ridiculous!! :)

Charlie
17th February 2003, 08:26 AM
When I saw that question, I thought immediately of Mark Bayes. I'd have taken a 2-1 bet that it was him.

snajik
17th February 2003, 09:46 AM
I'd like to lodge a protest. I happen to be a male. It's also true that I tend to get a tiny bit excited when those female goldfish start blowing bubbles. I didn't realise this question pertained to male goldfish. I thought that it just referred to males generally.

NMWBloods
17th February 2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
When I saw that question, I thought immediately of Mark Bayes. I'd have taken a 2-1 bet that it was him.

That was my guess in the end.

Norris Lurker
17th February 2003, 10:21 PM
You did better than me then. I guessed Neil Brunton - I remember '94 was his last season and there weren't too many even remotely experienced players around then.
The goldfish was a lucky guess, but I knew the other 3.

j s
18th February 2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by snajik
I'd like to lodge a protest. I happen to be a male. It's also true that I tend to get a tiny bit excited when those female goldfish start blowing bubbles. I didn't realise this question pertained to male goldfish. I thought that it just referred to males generally.
But snajik - the question did say "for mating purposes". If you can contemplate mating with a goldfish then some might start speculating about your....err.....dimensions?

snajik
18th February 2003, 12:12 PM
They breed mighty big goldfish out my way. But seriously, no one has ever complained.

robbieando
18th February 2003, 12:15 PM
Even though I didn't do any on this weeks question, the captain one I knew. Gee he made it a condition of joining us that he was named v-captain

Benevolent Ert
18th February 2003, 11:48 PM
He should've made it a condition that he get on the park and play some games!
He could have been a very handy get for us if he hadn't been so busy knocking peoples heads off