PDA

View Full Version : Cooky's Sad Exit

TheHood
1st September 2003, 09:04 AM
Before Des moves this on, I just thought I would check to see if anyone else thinks this is a tragedy for Freo and Troy Cook himself.

We have watched Cooky work very very hard this year and being an ex-Swan was sadened to see him miss the finals like this.

Cooky is as unconditional and as honest as they come. Hard Luck Cooky, we're thinking of you back here in Sydney!

floppinab
1st September 2003, 09:50 AM
Looks like Brissy, Freo and ourselves are going in next weekend with a pretty rotten run of injuries.

Still looking to see Tarrant go up to the Tribunal for that cheap shot in Friday night.

desredandwhite
1st September 2003, 09:53 AM
This is more of a general AFL topic, but it's certainly a shame if he's out (I'm not sure what happened?). I always had a lot of time for cookie.

I'm pretty sure he played a final or two for us in 98/99 though?

j s
1st September 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
This is more of a general AFL topic, but it's certainly a shame if he's out (I'm not sure what happened?). I always had a lot of time for cookie.

I'm pretty sure he played a final or two for us in 98/99 though?
If it turns out we play Freo in the next few weeks I'll be a bit more relaxed knowing none of our players will suffer one of his shirtfronts.

I always loved them when he was on our side though.

Triple B
1st September 2003, 10:13 AM
I'll never forget that hit on Rohan Smith at the SCG.

One of the all-time best, fair shirtfronts.

brit411
1st September 2003, 10:48 AM
I'll never forgive Eade for letting Cook go.You can work on a players disposals and teach him to kick better. But you can't teach a player to go in as hard as Cook and hip 'n' shoulder as good as Cooky.

Mike_B
1st September 2003, 12:13 PM
Agree there brit - and the same thing has been mentioned many times on here about Jude Bolton, and to a lesser extent Paul Kelly. Both hard nuts at the ball, with skills that started off very ordinary, but improved as time passed.

Mike_B
1st September 2003, 12:22 PM
Was just reading an article on realfooty - poor Cookie, has not missed a single match for Freo since he went over there in 2000, where the Dockers did not finish higher than 12th in his first 3 seasons. They finally make the finals, and he misses out.

Sanecow
1st September 2003, 12:46 PM
Saw him take out Jess Sinclair (sp?) at Subi a few years ago. Sweet shirtfront! I guess we let him go to Freo because we still had Kel' at the time but I was disappointed.

Bad news for Cookie.

penga
1st September 2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Saw him take out Jess Sinclair (sp?) at Subi a few years ago.

i thought it was mcmanus, all i remember is long blonde hair flying from the collision :D

Triple B
1st September 2003, 02:33 PM
Definately Sinclair.

Maybe he could have used delayed concussion as a defence at the tribunal 2 weeks ago!!

Rob-bloods
2nd September 2003, 06:21 PM
Late post, however I travleled from Sydney to the first ever Swans v Port game at footy park and Cooky as it happens was sensational, I think he got possessions in the mid 20s and the Swannies got ahead early and held their nerve. This is the way for Saturday night.....this is a time for legends to be born!