PDA

View Full Version : Swans beat Eagles with 13 secs to spare

ScottH
12th June 2008, 10:32 AM
Errors Time after Time (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23844691-19773,00.html)

In the Eagles-Swans match, 13 seconds was lost while a 50m penalty was being awarded to Sydney full-back Leo Barry in the final quarter.

Timekeepers mistakenly allowed the clock to run from 2min 13sec to 2.00 while the ball was being returned to Barry.

They appeared to quickly realise their mistake, as in the next play, the countdown clock was frozen for about eight seconds after West Coast full-back Darren Glass was told to play on after receiving an out-of-bounds-on-the-full free kick.

Sydney won by five points, with the ball in their forward half at the final siren.
Oops, seems the AFL have more problems, than 19 men on the field.

3rd time time errors have occurred this year.

And then,
There was the mystery point added to the MCG scoreboard, when no behind was kicked.

And we won't talk about the I/C farce.

Industrial Fan
12th June 2008, 10:35 AM
First Goodes, then this.

Once again, the AFL is determined for us to win. :rolleyes:

stellation
12th June 2008, 10:44 AM
I did read that, and saw that some BF posters jumped on it as further evidence the AFL wants us to win; weren't we losing when the time dissapeared?

ScottH
12th June 2008, 11:22 AM
I did read that, and saw that some BF posters jumped on it as further evidence the AFL wants us to win; weren't we losing when the time dissapeared?

Considering we were in front for about 20 secs, and it happened when Leo got the 50m penalty, yes.

Mike_B
12th June 2008, 11:46 AM
Errors Time after Time (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23844691-19773,00.html)
Oops, seems the AFL have more problems, than 19 men on the field.

3rd time time errors have occurred this year.

And then,
There was the mystery point added to the MCG scoreboard, when no behind was kicked.

And we won't talk about the I/C farce.

Maybe the AFL should get umpires to hold up giant post it notes when they want the timekeepers to record time on/time off???

swansrock4eva
12th June 2008, 12:22 PM
Nah Mike you'll get issues with the oldies processing them - too slow and too disruptive to the flow of the game ;)

Xie Shan
12th June 2008, 12:41 PM
Didn't this happen in the last quarter of Freo v Geelong a few weeks back? Stupid Perth timekeepers!!

Edit: Bugger, now I look stupid for not having read the article.

Triple B
12th June 2008, 01:02 PM
It happens regularly. I remember the one on Saturday night, I was screaming at Tadhg, well at the TV anyway, to stop playing on and get the ball back to Leo so the timekeepers would get with the program and stop the clock.

AnnieH
12th June 2008, 02:04 PM
Does this mean we get an extra 13 seconds in the next game against the budgie criminals???

I hope so. :)

ScottH
12th June 2008, 02:10 PM
Does this mean we get an extra 13 seconds in the next game against the budgie criminals???

I hope so. :)

Only 5, they "deducted" 8 secs a little later in the game, if you read the article.

j s
12th June 2008, 02:14 PM
And then,
We haven't played at the MCG yet this year - so who cares?

ScottH
12th June 2008, 02:17 PM
We haven't played at the MCG yet this year - so who cares?

The AFL!

TheGrimReaper
12th June 2008, 03:55 PM

How is the AFL helping us to win because the time-keeper stuffed up? God, I hate bigstupid. Waste of internet bandwidth. :mad:

TheMase
12th June 2008, 06:04 PM
So basically there was still 2 minutes to go in the game (the heading is a little misleading).

No conspiracy this time.