PDA

View Full Version : Buddy reported!

DeadlyAkkuret
14th June 2008, 10:06 PM
I didn't see the incident. How bad is it?

ScottH
14th June 2008, 10:11 PM
I didn't see the incident. How bad is it?

According to SEN, nothing in it. But you never know.

Bateman done a hamstring as well.

Mike_B
15th June 2008, 12:17 AM
Having just seen it, it was not as bad as Goodes, so would expect to see an assessment of 4 activation points for a 75 point penalty, take the early plea and cop 56.25 carry-over pts.

gossipcom
15th June 2008, 12:30 AM
Has Buddy been suspended in the past 12 months - trying to figure out if he's got any carry-over points that might throw him over to become ineligible for the Brownlow (that's if the Tribunal don't throw it out the window before Monday).

Mike_B
15th June 2008, 12:44 AM
Has Buddy been suspended in the past 12 months - trying to figure out if he's got any carry-over points that might throw him over to become ineligible for the Brownlow (that's if the Tribunal don't throw it out the window before Monday).
Carryover points incurred last year but still active this year that would result in a suspension would not make him ineligible for the Brownlow.

There needs to be an assessment on a charge of over 100 points this year (before discounts) for a player to be ruled ineligible.

For instance, Goodes is ineligible coz he was charged with an offence at 125pts, but by taking the early plea, this gets reduced to 93.75pts meaning he doesn't miss a game.

Big Al
15th June 2008, 12:54 AM
I thought it was at least a 3 week hit;)

gossipcom
15th June 2008, 12:57 AM
There needs to be an assessment on a charge of over 100 points this year (before discounts) for a player to be ruled ineligible.
Gotcha. So if they deemed it to be over the 100 points and he had carry-over points but took an early guilty plea then technically he'd be ineligible for the Brownlow even if he didn't have enough to miss a game?

Mike_B
15th June 2008, 01:00 AM
Gotcha. So if they deemed it to be over the 100 points and he had carry-over points but took an early guilty plea then technically he'd be ineligible for the Brownlow even if he didn't have enough to miss a gam?
Yep!

AnnieH
15th June 2008, 02:25 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo.
He and Goodesy are the only two keeping my dreamteam from total humilation!!

ScottH
15th June 2008, 12:38 PM
Having just seen it, it was not as bad as Goodes, so would expect to see an assessment of 4 activation points for a 75 point penalty, take the early plea and cop 56.25 carry-over pts.

I think you may be right Mike, or even thrown out. The big difference between Goodes and Buddy is that Buddy's was front on where as Goodes was a "glancing" blow.

The player buddy hit was upright as he prepared for contact and fell at the last second causing the head high contact.

But the way the MRP works he could get anywhere between a slap on the wrist to 44 weeks.

reigning premier
15th June 2008, 05:02 PM
Did the player get up and take the kick? If he did, well he'll probably end up with a reprimand only. I've only seen the replay once so I'll leave the detailed comments to others, but the fact that the player Goodes hit got up and took his kick saved Goodes from being out for a couple of weeks.

573v30
15th June 2008, 05:22 PM
There wasn't much in it. It should be a reprimand given his good record but there was some front-on contact and will be looked at, no doubt.

dimelb
15th June 2008, 05:37 PM
I thought similar to Goodes, 100+ points, discount and reprimand. But as Scott sys, who knows? Not us. Footy Show (the real one) agreed.

Industrial Fan
15th June 2008, 06:00 PM
Nothing in it.

Shouldn't even be looked at.

Reggi
15th June 2008, 06:58 PM
Similar to Goodes, may be deemed Reckless or medium, negligent most likely

gossipcom
16th June 2008, 06:02 PM
He's been offered a reprimand 125 points.

Okay I think I've got this right (been up since 6am so am a tad out of it), since it goes with what Mike put above, that if Buddy accepts the reprimand with the discount, he'll be eligible to play next weekend but would be ineligible for the Brownlow because it was above the 100 points?

Robbo
16th June 2008, 06:41 PM
It was a pretty soft report IMO. It's good that he won't miss any games over it.

31 hard at it
16th June 2008, 06:46 PM
Yes. If he accepts and pleads guilty then he gets a 25% discount which drops the points to 93.75.

Gilty so no brownlow but under 100 so no match loss.

Mike_B
16th June 2008, 06:52 PM
He's been offered a reprimand 125 points.

Okay I think I've got this right (been up since 6am so am a tad out of it), since it goes with what Mike put above, that if Buddy accepts the reprimand with the discount, he'll be eligible to play next weekend but would be ineligible for the Brownlow because it was above the 100 points?
Yep. Exact same situation as Goodesy.

Industrial Fan
16th June 2008, 07:06 PM
Protected species or what?

ugg
16th June 2008, 07:13 PM
LRT cleared of his bump on Hayes.

TheGrimReaper
16th June 2008, 08:00 PM
Protected species or what?

Wonder what Matthews thinks of this? :confused:

573v30
16th June 2008, 08:42 PM
Not much in it and got what it deserved, a reprimand if early guilty plea is taken.

Buddy = protected species. :p