PDA

View Full Version : Cressa and Micky

Plugger46
1st September 2003, 06:29 PM
Just heard something on Ch10, that Micky and Cressa, will both miss this week's game. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it sounded like.

Anyone know anymore?

monopoly19
1st September 2003, 06:44 PM
They're both out. Apparently Cressa hurt his groin last Wednesday and played with the aid of multiple injections on Saturday. They both had scans today and will not play on Sunday.

Oh no.

Beaussie
1st September 2003, 06:44 PM
Both will definately miss this weekends game. Cressa with a groin strain and micky with the hammy. Can it get any worse in terms of our injuries?

daniel f
1st September 2003, 06:46 PM
Im shattered,what you heard micks a 2 to 3 week prospect,and cressa will miss at least 1

SWANSBEST
1st September 2003, 06:55 PM
If one of the other posters is correct then Seymour may also be out with a groin strain.

liz
1st September 2003, 07:33 PM
Shame that neither Bevan nor McGlone can play if Cressa misses - both seem to have been consistently in the best in the reserves.

If Seymour is out, must be a chance of James returning unless he is, indeed, injured. And maybe Noggin will finally get the chance he's been waiting a couple of months for.

Cher
1st September 2003, 07:45 PM
Just heard that Cressa needs his groin massaged - jumps on the first plane to Sydney

monopoly19
1st September 2003, 08:02 PM
Replacements:

I'd go for Powell and Nicks (if he's not injured), simply because Nicks has more experience than any of the other young guys, and Powell becuase he has played some games this year and seems hard at the ball with good marking power across the half-back line.

If Seymour is also injured, James should replace him.

I think the 5 man forward structure could work (Hall, Nicks, Schneider, O'Keefe and Goodes/Doyle [share rucking duties with LRT who could also be used in the half-back line]). There is certainly the talent there, and as long as enough of them are firing, I don't think should be a huge problem. Davis could cover midfield, and move forward throughout the game.

Then again, I could (and probably am) be very wrong...

desredandwhite
1st September 2003, 08:27 PM
Well, we have no one in the side who can quite replace micky... I'd say slot in Nicks and either one of Powell, James or Ablett. No sense throwing in all the kids, we need someone with the experience in finals.

Fact is, if the midfield does a good job, the defence looks airtight and the forwards look unstoppable. It all starts at the bounce. I reckon we looked a better team when Doyle was taking the taps on the weekend - hopefully he's able to play more than he cycles this week!

Nico
1st September 2003, 08:31 PM
If Cressa had to have multiple pain killers to get on the ground on Sat. then you have to say it was a decent groin injury, and hence it may just tip his mind into giving it away, particularly if he needs an operation.

Dpw
1st September 2003, 08:59 PM
Mcviegh any chance?.

SWANSBEST
1st September 2003, 09:16 PM
McVeigh is a long term proposition who will get his opportunity next year . At the moment he is very slight and it is best to wait until he fills out a bit.

gloveski
1st September 2003, 09:52 PM
What hve we done to the football gods..........cresswell done the groin earlier in the year and missed 3 weeks so things don't look good

dimelb
1st September 2003, 10:06 PM
May be time to bringon the Klingon.;)

penga
1st September 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by gloveski
What hve we done to the football gods..........cresswell done the groin earlier in the year and missed 3 weeks so things don't look good

that was a calf IIRC

Bron
2nd September 2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by gloveski

The boys need to see how deep they can reach .... they win in Adelaide .... they realise that this year is not a dream, set their expectations for the ultimate goal .... push the envelope and take a massively confident and focused ride through the preliminary and into the GF .... my mantra "I am celebrating the sydney swans winning the 2003 GF at the MCG". Believe. Send the right vibes. Send your messages of encouragement and support to all the players.

Frosty_13
2nd September 2003, 09:36 PM
Nicks will defenatly come in. I also think Frosty will be back. He is a midfielder has been in the best in the 2's for weeks and also has finals experance. I just hope he has not missed to much of the big time and is a bit slow.

Dpw
2nd September 2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Frosty_13
Nicks will defenatly come in. I also think Frosty will be back. He is a midfielder has been in the best in the 2's for weeks and also has finals experance. I just hope he has not missed to much of the big time and is a bit slow.

From what beens posted here before he has been struggling for a kick in the two's:confused: