PDA

View Full Version : Kennelly - hamstring?

liz
16th June 2008, 09:21 PM
On FS' The Winners they just noted that Kennelly had a hamstring issue during the game. I didn't notice him come off, or have it iced. Did anyone else.

Mind you, his shoulder fell out again during the game. I haven't seen it commented on elsewhere (though haven't read the entire game thread) and I don't believe it was picked up by the cameras. But I am pretty sure I saw him holding his dangling arm, Doc Gibbs run onto the ground to shove it back in, and then Kennelly trot off to the next contest. Did anyone else see this (second quarter, I think it was) or was it my imagination?

stellation
16th June 2008, 09:31 PM
Presumably it didn't fall right out? Tough as Tadhg is, that's at least earning of a 5 minute "stop on the bench and drink something with a magic sachet".

wyatt
16th June 2008, 09:31 PM
It looked like he was heading off in a lot of pain, holding his shoulder/arm. I looked away and then looked back and there he was running off to the next contest looking quite comfortable. I pointed it out to my wife at the time and immediately thought the worst, but it didn't seem to leave any lingering effects. The Swans medical staff weaving their magic again!

Triple B
16th June 2008, 09:52 PM
Did anyone else see this (second quarter, I think it was) or was it my imagination?

First quarter. Trainer had a bit of a play without success. Gibbs arrived, popped it back in and off he went.

BSA5
16th June 2008, 09:56 PM
Kennelly obviously has hyper-mobility in his joints. He has dislocated different parts of his body so many times it is ridiculous. Unfortunately, this puts him in the firing line of minor-moderate ligament damage as well. Not sure it's enough to cause ACLs or anything like that, but I have hypermobility in my joints, and as a result I suffered damage to my rotator cuff. I did it bowling in cricket. It was my left shoulder, but I'm a right handed bowler, which shows just how innocuous an action can be to cause damage. Something to watch out for.

You're right, it did look like he popped his shoulder out on Saturday night. He was staggering to the bench surrounded by the trainers. I got pissed off, looked somewhere else (probably at the scoreboard or something), and next thing I knew the trainers were jogging off towards the benches and Kennelly was back in the defensive 50.

Anyway, I didn't hear anything about a hammy.

stellation
16th June 2008, 10:04 PM
I have hypermobility in my joints, and as a result I suffered damage to my rotator cuff. I did it bowling in cricket. It was my left shoulder, but I'm a right handed bowler, which shows just how innocuous an action can be to cause damage. Something to watch out for.
I suffered damage to my rotator cuff by something as obscure as constantly dislocating my shoulder. ;)

BigBarryRound25
16th June 2008, 10:10 PM
Sports Tonight also mentioned it yesterday afternoon after discussing the Hawks' Chance Bateman hamstring injury. I've been waiting anxiously all day for some further news

Mountain Man
16th June 2008, 10:26 PM
I see his time on ground was 86%, which compared to 92 last week and 86 the week before. So, it didn't stop him much

liz
16th June 2008, 10:42 PM
I see his time on ground was 86%, which compared to 92 last week and 86 the week before. So, it didn't stop him much

What a wuz he's become. ;) 2005 he played 100% of every single game. All 26 of 'em.

BSA5
16th June 2008, 11:44 PM
I suffered damage to my rotator cuff by something as obscure as constantly dislocating my shoulder. ;)

Haha! Well, I'm no doctor, but dislocating your shoulder? Surely that's just a band-aid job, right? :p

Seriously, though, I did damage, albeit fairly minor, simply by repeatedly lifting my left arm. The joint shook around a bit, due to the hyper-mobility, and this wore away at a tendon, causing a partial tear. If I had bowled much longer without checking it out, I would have had to have had surgery. It took me out of cricket for a couple of weeks, and I had to go down to the 3rds when I returned, from the 2nds, because I couldn't possibly bowl 20+ overs in a match, which was what was needed in 1st/2nds. 6 was all I could reasonably manage, and that was with a strict physio regime (which I have since completely abandoned).

So it is something to worry about in regards to Kennelly.

ROK Lobster
16th June 2008, 11:51 PM
I did damage, albeit fairly minor, simply by repeatedly lifting my left arm.Surely ripping you left arm down in front of your body would have given you an extra yard or three of pace?

hot potato
16th June 2008, 11:57 PM
Maybe he wants to visit him Mum. :rolleyes:

swansrule100
17th June 2008, 01:56 AM
kennelly is going through a lot of tape this year, looks like it holds him together.

He also seems to be pulling his hair out over the injuries

ScottH
17th June 2008, 07:48 AM
Don't need him for 3 weeks. Have a good rest son.

Wardy
17th June 2008, 08:31 AM
Haha! Well, I'm no doctor, but dislocating your shoulder? Surely that's just a band-aid job, right? :p

Seriously, though, I did damage, albeit fairly minor, simply by repeatedly lifting my left arm. The joint shook around a bit, due to the hyper-mobility, and this wore away at a tendon, causing a partial tear. If I had bowled much longer without checking it out, I would have had to have had surgery. It took me out of cricket for a couple of weeks, and I had to go down to the 3rds when I returned, from the 2nds, because I couldn't possibly bowl 20+ overs in a match, which was what was needed in 1st/2nds. 6 was all I could reasonably manage, and that was with a strict physio regime (which I have since completely abandoned).

So it is something to worry about in regards to Kennelly.

Might be an idea to start stocking up on the arthritis tablets now its going to come sooner than you think!. I broke every finger about 5 times, sprained left ankle more times than I remember and wrecked knees during 25 years of playing netball - I am now at the stage where I have nobbly old lady index fingers (like my 81 year old mother), netball knees and I can feel it in my bones when its going to rain and I'm only 44!!!. Tadhg should take out shares in Elastoplast - its whats keeping him together - I'd reckon he'd have a good supply of dencorub as well!

stellation
17th June 2008, 08:34 AM
Might be an idea to start stocking up on the arthritis tablets now its going to come sooner than you think!. I broke every finger about 5 times, sprained left ankle more times than I remember and wrecked knees during 25 years of playing netball - I am now at the stage where I have nobbly old lady index fingers (like my 81 year old mother), netball knees and I can feel it in my bones when its going to rain and I'm only 44!!!. Tadhg should take out shares in Elastoplast - its whats keeping him together - I'd reckon he'd have a good supply of dencorub as well!
I've been feeling the cold weather in my shoulder since I was in my late teens :(

Primmy
17th June 2008, 09:12 AM
Yep that shoulder was dropped and Tadhg looked all "wrong". Doc came running and just prodded and Tadgh was off and running.

As is my want, I used my binocs to examin what on on earth he was doing on the ground during a break where a trainer looked to be doing something unmentionable to his left groin. For most of the break. So I would say its a groin strain rather than hammie.

Wardy
17th June 2008, 09:18 AM
Yep that shoulder was dropped and Tadhg looked all "wrong". Doc came running and just prodded and Tadhg was off and running.

As is my want, I used my binocs to examin what on on earth he was doing on the ground during a break where a trainer looked to be doing something unmentionable to his left groin. For most of the break. So I would say its a groin strain rather than hammie.

It seems the poor lad is falling apart!!!

stellation
17th June 2008, 09:26 AM
A modern day Samson?

jono2707
17th June 2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe he should borrow some of the paddle pop sticks and sticky tape that have been keeping Magic together for the last few years - they are certainly working a treat this season......

dimelb
17th June 2008, 12:46 PM
A modern day Samson?
Well, he can certainly bring the house down. :)

BSA5
18th June 2008, 02:02 AM

Sooner than I think? Unfortunately, it's already come! I have arthritis in my back. One of the lower discs, I forget which one. I damaged the disc either snowboarding or playing union, I'm not sure which actually did it. That's on top of my shoulder injury. I'm 18, and I literally have the body of a 60 year old.

Oh, and I also suffer from sinusitis. I wish I could say I'm a hypochondriac, but it's all @@@@ing real. I had surgery for it a few years ago, which eased it, but it still bothers me. :( Well, at least I've never broken a bone! Soft tissue injuries are more my style! :cool: :o

Wardy
18th June 2008, 07:47 AM
Sooner than I think? Unfortunately, it's already come! I have arthritis in my back. One of the lower discs, I forget which one. I damaged the disc either snowboarding or playing union, I'm not sure which actually did it. That's on top of my shoulder injury. I'm 18, and I literally have the body of a 60 year old.

Oh, and I also suffer from sinusitis. I wish I could say I'm a hypochondriac, but it's all @@@@ing real. I had surgery for it a few years ago, which eased it, but it still bothers me. :( Well, at least I've never broken a bone! Soft tissue injuries are more my style! :cool: :o

18 my god !!!!! oh well you have so much to look forward too!!!:eek:

Haz
18th June 2008, 02:22 PM
I didn't notice kennelly's injury...however at one point i saw mal limp from the field and feared the worst....he ended up alright, back on the field in 5 or 10 minutes but i remember thinking a the time 'just leave him off...he can rest all he likes...just make sure his bionics dont blow!'

Lucky Knickers
18th June 2008, 02:31 PM
What about the bump on Ryano when he grabbed his shoulder. Feared the worst then 2 minutes later he's up and bangs it through for goal!

TheGrimReaper
18th June 2008, 02:33 PM
What about the bump on Ryano when he grabbed his shoulder. Feared the worst then 2 minutes later he's up and bangs it through for goal!

I thought he had done a serious injury myself. :eek:

ROK is one tough cookie.

bedford
22nd June 2008, 09:51 AM
Tige will be replaced by Matthews against Melbourne

eggbeater
22nd June 2008, 09:58 AM
Tige will be replaced by Matthews against Melbourne

Please tell me you're taking the piss?? Source?

Matthews and Kennelly arent even similiar types of players, surely it would've been Brennan to replace Kennelly?

Missy
22nd June 2008, 10:09 AM
Brenna played ressies yesterday.

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd June 2008, 10:29 AM
FFS. They could have atleast thrown Schmidt in there!

eggbeater
22nd June 2008, 10:37 AM
I guess the upside is that, if there ever was a game to rest players, this would be it.

Kennelly needs a two week break anyways.

connolly
22nd June 2008, 01:09 PM
Benny edges closer to the 200!

TheGrimReaper
22nd June 2008, 01:11 PM
Oh dear god no!

Wait, does this mean, we'll get hated on more by Jim Main? :confused:

NMWBloods
22nd June 2008, 01:23 PM
Given that "marks, kicks and handballs don't matter in the modern game" Mathews is the perfect replacement...

TheGrimReaper
22nd June 2008, 02:02 PM
Kennelly is playing.

573v30
22nd June 2008, 02:26 PM
Kennelly is playing.

Great sigh of relief.

Jeffers1984
22nd June 2008, 05:34 PM
Looked extremelly proppy though. Has lost a bit of speed. Probably should of rested him.

TheGrimReaper
22nd June 2008, 05:37 PM
Looked extremelly proppy though. Has lost a bit of speed. Probably should of rested him.

Probably won't matter since we have a week off, next week.