PDA

View Full Version : Goodesy Up Again?

Emerald Hill
22nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
Didn't see today's game and just tuned in to see the Channel 7 Melbourne news highlighting a bump by Goodesy that they said may "come under scrutiny." To me, it looked like he bumped the Melbourne guy's shoulder but I only saw it once. Can anyone who saw the game tell me if they think Goodesy will go up - again - and what the commentators thought?

TheGrimReaper
22nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
6 weeks they'd be calling for at bigstupid and NMWBloods!

Soft as water.

shaun..
22nd June 2008, 07:46 PM
Was going for the ball and then slightly changed his movement to brace for impact, as he realised he couldn't get it. Looks worse on replay then it actually was. No major fuss, but the media love to blow up anything they can get a hold of.

BSA5
22nd June 2008, 07:46 PM
Nothing in it at all. Shouldn't come under scrutiny. If that's the sort of thing that starts getting reported, then you just have to ask yourself where this game is going.

22nd June 2008, 07:54 PM
Goodseys in trouble.

He should of made the tackle or just gone past, there isnt much contact though he does make contact to the head.

Could be wrong as he has got off in the past , though it was avoidable.
I know it was soft and not much in it, though he just has to pull his head in.
Goodseys mind wasnt on the job today,reminded me of his early season form

Glenn
22nd June 2008, 07:58 PM
Goodes is treading a very fine line trying to bump the player off the ball.
That said in this case nothing in it, but will probably be scrutinised frame by frame.

31 hard at it
22nd June 2008, 08:14 PM
I thought he was about to be sandwiched and just braced to protect himself!

GoSouth33
22nd June 2008, 08:39 PM
I wish Goodesy would change his ways! I don't think there was much in this but it seems to crop up so often. Tim Watson on Ch7 suggested that with his record (implication..protected species) there's nothing to worry about.

573v30
22nd June 2008, 08:41 PM
I thought he was about to be sandwiched and just braced to protect himself!

Don't worry, he's got the AFL to protect him. ;)

TheHood
22nd June 2008, 08:47 PM
Nothing in the bump and not a lot more in the actual game from Adam.

Tried to get in the game a number of times but a bunch of fumbles and was tagged hard and well apart from a couple of frees to him for holding very early.

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd June 2008, 08:49 PM
@@@@ there's some @@@@wits on Big Footy. I swear they just call for his head without even looking at the incident. @@@@ing pack of sheep!

gossipcom
22nd June 2008, 10:51 PM
Regarding Goodes when they replayed the incident after it happened, from a different angle you actually see that Goodes actually hit him at the shoulder not the head, so in terms of high contact there wasn't actually anything there (well it wasn't as bad as the last one). But that's just me. :)

Someone from the Demons did one worse after his on I think it was on Buchy.

hammo
23rd June 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure it is as simple as saying there was nothing in it. If Buddy can get a reprimand for his hit last week then the Tribunal will have a close look at Goodes' hit yesterday.

AnnieH
23rd June 2008, 11:57 AM
Goodesy's protected!!;)
He'll be right.

swantastic
23rd June 2008, 02:02 PM
Goodesy's protected!!;)
He'll be right.He needs a week to pull his @@@@ing head in.

He is fast becoming known as a dirty player.

ScottH
23rd June 2008, 02:17 PM
He needs a week to pull his @@@@ing head in. Yeh, give him this week off, so he can play the following week. ;)

He is fast becoming known as a dirty player.

I don't think it was dirty, just stupid, careless...

bloodbloods
23rd June 2008, 02:21 PM
I just saw a laughable youtube posted by wce fan criticizing the swans and afl for leting us off, selling home games to us, goodesy/ hall protected species. Its rubbish and we are not half as dirty as most other clubs. Weve still gotta be tough, but I dont think we or goodesy are anywhere near dirty. in most of the recent footage of goodesy it just looks as if hes gone through the pack hoping to collect the ball, its dropped a little short and hes made a frustrated lunge. Check out the Dermot show reel for deliberate hits. And even if he has an average game hes still one of the first there to congratulate a fellow swans goal. I dont think we need to worry about him hes going along just fine this season and when hes on he dominates

Snake
23rd June 2008, 03:49 PM
I just saw a laughable youtube posted by wce fan criticizing the swans and afl for leting us off, selling home games to us, goodesy/ hall protected species. Its rubbish and we are not half as dirty as most other clubs. Weve still gotta be tough, but I dont think we or goodesy are anywhere near dirty. in most of the recent footage of goodesy it just looks as if hes gone through the pack hoping to collect the ball, its dropped a little short and hes made a frustrated lunge. Check out the Dermot show reel for deliberate hits. And even if he has an average game hes still one of the first there to congratulate a fellow swans goal. I dont think we need to worry about him hes going along just fine this season and when hes on he dominates

Where's the link?

bloodbloods
23rd June 2008, 04:18 PM
Where's the link?

YouTube - Sydney Swans - The Protected Species of the AFL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCrsDu9Lck)

NMWBloods
23rd June 2008, 04:41 PM
Regarding Goodes when they replayed the incident after it happened, from a different angle you actually see that Goodes actually hit him at the shoulder not the head, so in terms of high contact there wasn't actually anything there (well it wasn't as bad as the last one). Looked like the head to me, but it may have been both.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6105692,00.jpg

gossipcom
23rd June 2008, 04:50 PM
Looked like the head to me, but it may have been both.

Okay that angle it definitely looks like head - but the other angle looked like shoulder then head.

bedford
23rd June 2008, 05:22 PM

What have you got against Goodes,your so biased you probably shouldn't even comment on him in fact you would be right at home on the main board of BF

goswannie14
23rd June 2008, 05:34 PM

From that angle is looks like he has missed him. There is no contact being made at all in the shot. There is sunlight on Goodesy's arm, that would not be possible if he were making contact.

swan_song
23rd June 2008, 06:04 PM
Why hed put himself in that position is beyond me... A one week ban or if he fights it, and loses 2 weeks.
I say he should fight it and see what happens....it looked pretty insignificant, less so than the one before. He may fight and get off. Miss him for one or two hardly matters which...

NMWBloods
23rd June 2008, 06:07 PM
What have you got against Goodes,your so biased you probably shouldn't even comment on him in fact you would be right at home on the main board of BF
Stupid post of the day two days in a row?

He's been cited by the MRP for exactly what I said.

NMWBloods
23rd June 2008, 06:07 PM
From that angle is looks like he has missed him. There is no contact being made at all in the shot.
That's like saying that in this (http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w04/img.108889_t.jpg) shot Gilchrist has missed the ball as it is nowhere near the bat.

There is sunlight on Goodesy's arm, that would not be possible if he were making contact.The Melbourne player's head has jerked back at a strange angle, which looks like contact, as it did in the video.

swantastic
23rd June 2008, 06:15 PM
The Melbourne player's head has jerked back at a strange angle, which looks like contact, as it did in the video.I'll tell you why NMW,that bloke has been watching to many soccer games that dive deserves an acadamy award.

NMWBloods
23rd June 2008, 06:17 PM
I'll tell you why NMW,that bloke has been watching to many soccer games that dive deserves an acadamy award.
As I said yesterday there wasn't much to it and I didn't think it was reportable, but Goodes definitely made contact to his head and it would have been enough to push it back.

shaun..
23rd June 2008, 06:19 PM
He was definitely going for the ball, and then changed as he realised he wouldn't get to it.

bedford
23rd June 2008, 06:19 PM
Stupid post of the day two days in a row?

He's been cited by the MRP for exactly what I said.
Stupid reply,answer the ? why do you hate him

NMWBloods
23rd June 2008, 06:20 PM
Stupid reply,answer the ? why do you hate him
Another stupid question that doesn't deserve an answer.

Claret
23rd June 2008, 06:22 PM
I say he should fight it and see what happens..... Miss him for one or two hardly matters which...

I don't know about you but I wouldn't mind having him against Hawthorn, particularly since they should have most of their midfielders back on the park. They've been going alright this year, too.

Pot Kettle Black

NMWBloods has an ability that most of us on here don't seem to possess - the ability to take emotion out of his observations and posts.

Is he not allowed to share his opinion? Aside from the fact that 97% of the footballing world agrees with him, he has just as much right to be here as anybody.

Captain
23rd June 2008, 06:29 PM
He's been cited by the MRP for exactly what I said.Where did you read this?

Claret
23rd June 2008, 06:31 PM
Where did you read this?

Here (http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=62036)

bedford
23rd June 2008, 06:48 PM
Another stupid question that doesn't deserve an answer.
Your not worth it,take the bloods out of your name you don't deserve it

TheMase
23rd June 2008, 06:52 PM
Your not worth it,take the bloods out of your name you don't deserve it

Nobody 'hates' anybody, and I can bet that most will be wondering what you're even on about.

I don't think Mathews offers anything in the seniors anymore, and if he is selected I will be angry. I will cringe each time he gets the ball... BUT ... I don't hate him!

Stop being ridiculous.

bedford
23rd June 2008, 06:54 PM
I don't know about you but I wouldn't mind having him against Hawthorn, particularly since they should have most of their midfielders back on the park. They've been going alright this year, too.

Pot Kettle Black

NMWBloods has an ability that most of us on here don't seem to possess - the ability to take emotion out of his observations and posts.

Is he not allowed to share his opinion? Aside from the fact that 97% of the footballing world agrees with him, he has just as much right to be here as anybody.
All i asked is why he hates Goodes,thats not hard to answer.Of course he can have his opinion.
What really pisses me off is how soft AFL has become,that was also said by Dermie this afternoon on SEN,he said absolutely nothing in it which there wasn't
Yes i have got emotional because i just want to smash Collingwood and we need Goodes

cruiser
23rd June 2008, 07:26 PM

Is he not allowed to share his opinion? Aside from the fact that 97% of the footballing world agrees with him, he has just as much right to be here as anybody. Where'd you get 97% from? :confused:

Claret
23rd June 2008, 07:53 PM
Where'd you get 97% from? :confused:

Ok, it's more like 97.3% and it came from a thorough poll I commissioned the AEC to conduct. :rolleyes:

Of course it's not an exact number but almost all (neutral) football followers and experts believe a) that there wasn't much in it but b) it looked like he got him in the head (which is a no-no this year) and c) Goodes' reputation and recent history probably suggests that he deserves to go and d) if nothing else, he needs to look at his bumping technique. Being a bigger fella he needs to lower his CoG and hit them in the side of the back, not the side of the head.