PDA

View Full Version : Swans bid for Fevola

Bas
3rd July 2008, 11:38 PM
Just announced on AFL Footy Show, Swans to offer a four year deal at 3 million dollars.

Sydney to be savage at trade table.

Fevola denies. Hutchinson adamant. Fevola refuses to discuss contract.

Fevola travelling to Sydney tomorrow but says his wife is shooting Anthony Mundine, on film that is.

Sam pressed him and Fev blundered.

My my my my my yeh, my Fevola!

Bring it on!!!

Matt79
3rd July 2008, 11:40 PM
Not sure how he will fit under our salary cap, but would be happy to have him up here. Not too confident of getting his services though.

NMWBloods
3rd July 2008, 11:41 PM
Either Hutchy is full of crap or Fevola is a liar (sentence is true without the either-or part).

swantastic
3rd July 2008, 11:44 PM
Hutchy is full of @@@@,i wouldnt want Fev.

573v30
3rd July 2008, 11:44 PM
Fev is as much chance of coming to Sydney as Brown is coming to Collingwood.

Bas
3rd July 2008, 11:45 PM
Happy to break this story from NSW Central Coast. Thank God for 9HD.

You'd expect Carlton would want a bit for him. But who?

Established and up and coming player. Who do you give up?

Is this a Melbourne player beating up his contract or are Sydney possibly serious?

573v30
3rd July 2008, 11:49 PM
Carlton would want at least Sydney's 1st round draft pick and someone like ROK, Malceski, B2, etc. if they'd even consider trading away Fev.

dawson
3rd July 2008, 11:55 PM
We could have drafted him in 1998 but we took Nic Fosdike, Ryan Fitzgerald
Jude Bolton and Heath James instead....

Matt79
3rd July 2008, 11:57 PM
We could have drafted him in 1998 but we took Nic Fosdike, Ryan Fitzgerald
Jude Bolton and Heath James instead....

Yep and 2 of those players are now premiership players...Fev is not.

ugg
4th July 2008, 12:00 AM
He's just using us to inflate his contract, Aker-style.

mcs
4th July 2008, 12:04 AM
cant see it happening but gee also wouldnt say no either. Why he would want to leave Carlton who surely will be right up there for the flag soon enough Im not sure. How about + Jared Crouch+ Ben Matthews + Nick Davis for Fev sounds good to me :D

swantastic
4th July 2008, 12:07 AM
cant see it happening but gee also wouldnt say no either. Why he would want to leave Carlton who surely will be right up there for the flag soon enough Im not sure. How about + Jared Crouch+ Ben Matthews + Nick Davis for Fev sounds good to me :DBeautiful kill 3 birds with one stone.

MarshallG
4th July 2008, 12:11 AM
Hutchy is not wrong often, this thing most likely has legs.

The Swans would not be making a move if there were salary cap issues, perhaps they intend to unload some players.

This would be an interesting acquisition given the Swan's No @@@@@head Policy.

JUDO
4th July 2008, 12:16 AM
Not a bad foward line

FF----Davis-Fevola-Oloughlin
CHF--Cousins-Hall-Okeefe

iigrover
4th July 2008, 12:16 AM
I think there is definately some legs to this story as I heard a few weeks ago that the swans were shopping Barry. Didnt beleieve it at the time but it now makes sense. So perhaps they have found a buyer for Barry and Fev is the replacement. Without Bazza, Fev would fit in our Salary cap....

Plugger46
4th July 2008, 12:19 AM
I'd say there's something in it but I'd be surprised if Baz is involved.

Difficult to tell what he's worth, in terms of a trade.

swantastic
4th July 2008, 12:19 AM
I think there is definately some legs to this story as I heard a few weeks ago that the swans were shopping Barry. Didnt beleieve it at the time but it now makes sense. So perhaps they have found a buyer for Barry and Fev is the replacement. Without Bazza, Fev would fit in our Salary cap....Are you joking or what,Bazza is one of those un-touchables he isnt going any where.

ugg
4th July 2008, 12:25 AM
You have to question why Fev would want to come here. If it's money, then Carlton can offer him more, because next year he will qualify for the veteran's list and they would only have to count 50% of his salary under the cap. The lifestyle? Seems like he's enjoying himself down in Melbourne.

Makes no sense.

Bas
4th July 2008, 12:25 AM
The talk was Fev at FF and BBH at CHF.

makes your knees tremble.

bloods2005
4th July 2008, 02:45 AM
I would love to see fevola at the swans, he is a dominant forward

Imagine... Kenelly handball to mattner, big kick through the corridor to hit Hall on the chest 70m out. then Hall passes to Fevola for a goal...

DeadlyAkkuret
4th July 2008, 02:54 AM
Don't care if he's a tosser, I want him in red and white. (Only if we get a good deal)

ShockOfHair
4th July 2008, 03:44 AM
Pure fantasy. He fails the d----d test, and Hall is going to be around for the next two years, by which time Fev is 29. Not to mention the fact that the Blues are somewhat attached to him.

More interesting I thought was Baz singing the praises of Cousins. He's

smasher
4th July 2008, 07:08 AM
We don't need Fev atm,good as he can be.Hutchy said that the Swans were offering their first three draft picks as part of the deal.We cannot afford to give them away for anyone.Is this year the last 'open Draft" year before the gold coast move in and get the bulk of top picks.We need to keep drafting and developing youngsters as we have quite a few ageing players and Fev is no spring chicken at 27.
I sincerely hope it is all rumours.

Donners
4th July 2008, 07:15 AM
That would be a terrible move. I don't recall a year in Sydney's history where we have successfully had two goalscoring key forwards in the same side. The closest we have ever come is Strooper and Minton-Connell in '92, and that was hardly earth-shattering. O'Loughlin and Hall last season at a stretch, but again they were not hugely dominant.

Getting Fevola would cost us a good player for salary cap pressure, if not through a direct trade, and if we have to use salary picks it would be simply ridiculous with so many players finishing up their careers and future drafts to be significantly weakened. That's not even considering Fevola's character, which is questionable at best.

sfan
4th July 2008, 07:52 AM

Tend to agree. Other clubs may offer the same cash plus better trades to Carlton. If the Blues decide he is a lost cause can they take a better trade deal elsewhere against Fev's wishes.

goswannie14
4th July 2008, 08:12 AM
I'd take him and Cousins too. With a few retiring (hopefully) there should be room in the cap. If Kennelly wants to go back to Ireland, we could trade him and then he could gice Carlton the finger and go home any way.

cruiser
4th July 2008, 08:25 AM
That would be a terrible move. I don't recall a year in Sydney's history where we have successfully had two goalscoring key forwards in the same side. Huh? Lockett and MOL. Hall and MOL.

I'm not at all surprised by this news and I would love to see Fevola in the red and white. Exciting full forwards bring crowds through the gates in Sydney - Capper, Lockett, Hall. Lockett and Hall were both recruited from other teams and prior to their transfer to Sydney, there was doubt about whether we could afford them or whether wanted them due to their reputations. Does anyone now regret either playing for us?

Come to Sydney Fev! The perfect replacement for BBB when he retires. And when we secure Roughead as a replacement for MOL .... ;)

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/fevola-clams-up-on-contract-talks-20080703-31dq.html

ROK Lobster
4th July 2008, 08:36 AM
Does he tackle well enough?

mcs
4th July 2008, 08:41 AM
why do people want Couso? He will only bring his party boy lifestyle with him. I think Fev could be reformed, but Couso is past help. He is past his best as well. No way do I want the drug taker at Sydney. Fev however is another story. He is a dickhead and a bit of an idiot but not so different to Hall before he got here and overall he's been very good for us.

eggbeater
4th July 2008, 08:58 AM
Isn't there talk of Daniel Kerr also being out of contract at the end of the season?

I would rather make a play for Kerr than recruit Cousins

cruiser
4th July 2008, 09:16 AM
Isn't there talk of Daniel Kerr also being out of contract at the end of the season?

I would rather make a play for Kerr than recruit Cousins Why stop at one? Why not get both? And Fev!! With a number of anticipated retirements at the end of this season we might even be able to afford them all.

Already I can see the Sydney Swans name on the 2009 premiership cup ;) :D

Donners
4th July 2008, 09:22 AM
Huh? Lockett and MOL. Hall and MOL.

O'Loughlin is not a true key forward in the same sense as Fevola and Hall. He was a flanker in the 90s, and a pocket player for most of the recent years, aside from the years between Lockett and Hall.

Donners
4th July 2008, 09:23 AM
why do people want Couso? He will only bring his party boy lifestyle with him. I think Fev could be reformed, but Couso is past help. He is past his best as well. No way do I want the drug taker at Sydney. Fev however is another story. He is a dickhead and a bit of an idiot but not so different to Hall before he got here and overall he's been very good for us.

Cousins would be cheaper - only costing a draft pick and probably relatively low wages (depending on the competition) and would fill an area of far greater need.

Jeffers1984
4th July 2008, 09:25 AM
Can only see this happening if ROK goes the other way.

TheMase
4th July 2008, 09:35 AM
You have to question why Fev would want to come here. If it's money, then Carlton can offer him more, because next year he will qualify for the veteran's list and they would only have to count 50% of his salary under the cap. The lifestyle? Seems like he's enjoying himself down in Melbourne.

Makes no sense.

Doesn't he need to be 30?

TheMase
4th July 2008, 09:37 AM
That would be a terrible move. I don't recall a year in Sydney's history where we have successfully had two goalscoring key forwards in the same side.

Lockett and O'Brien?

Bas
4th July 2008, 09:38 AM
We don't need Fev atm,good as he can be.Hutchy said that the Swans were offering their first three draft picks as part of the deal.We cannot afford to give them away for anyone..
I sincerely hope it is all rumours.

This is incorrect. I taped the show and just quickly re-watched the segment after your comment about giving away for three draft picks.

Hutchy said that they have nade Fevola priority 1,2 and 3 in obtaining players for next year. No mention of draft picks. However, you would think carlton would be asking for ROK as trade. Both the same age. I can live with that.

Remember MOL is about a year from retirement and BBH not far behind. Who replaces them?

Oh I forgot, White and Grundy.

Donners
4th July 2008, 09:44 AM
Lockett and O'Brien?

In '96 it worked well, with 121 and 34 goals respectively, but never again after that. Again, O'Brien is a very different player to Hall and Fev.

Bas
4th July 2008, 10:07 AM
Doesn't he need to be 30?

His debut was 1999.

Norf had Carey and Longmire in combination for many years, so it would work. We just have never had the luxury.

If Fev is rumoured for Sydney, I'm sure it would either be to boost his contract with Carlton. Have you forgotten the out of contract talks with Matthew Lloyd and how he was coming to Sydney OR it's because work opportunities for Mrs Fev, being a photographer, are greater in Sydney.

Look at Judd going back to Melbourne.

Another thing. FEv has a healthy ego. He will be living in the shadow of Judd and a whole lot of rising stars in Carlton in the future. He goes to Sydney. Becomes number 1 boy and plays out to retirement. Just a thought

hammo
4th July 2008, 10:10 AM
Tend to agree. Other clubs may offer the same cash plus better trades to Carlton. If the Blues decide he is a lost cause can they take a better trade deal elsewhere against Fev's wishes.
Why couldn't we come up with the best trade? If this story is true - a big if - then Sydney will go into trade week knowing they'll need to come up with Carlton's demands. Hopefully the Blues remember how they more or less got Judd for a steal.

Cousins would be cheaper - only costing a draft pick and probably relatively low wages (depending on the competition) and would fill an area of far greater need.
A pre season draft pick which we usually wouldn't use anyway.

Can only see this happening if ROK goes the other way.
At 28 by the start of next season, ROK might be too old for Carlton.

However, any trade for Fevola would almost certainly require a third club as we'll need to get hold of a top 10 pick which it doesn't look like have, and ROK would be attractive to plenty of clubs other than Carlton.

I have to say though I can't see ROK being traded under any circumstances unless he wants to move.

That would be a terrible move. I don't recall a year in Sydney's history where we have successfully had two goalscoring key forwards in the same side.
I don't think that's a valid reason not to pursue Fevola considering Hall may only have two years left in him.

swansrule100
4th July 2008, 10:12 AM
i tend to think the rumour came from the fev management to up his contract at carlton

theyd want a hell of a lot for a guy they kick to 9/10 times they go forward.

Id take him though if he didnt have a problem with moving out at age 17 and tries hard

we have the perfect trade too a player who goes forward back rucks and roves. He Jumps higher than any man ever and attacks the ball with never before seen effort.

Prolly get fev and a draft pick for bevan

NMWBloods
4th July 2008, 10:24 AM
Bizarre argument.

C-Train
4th July 2008, 10:24 AM
ok, my inside word is... Take it or leave it. You'll read this in the weekend papers anyway...
- Fevola has agreed in principal to the terms Sydney are offering...
- Alex is a stumbling block as she does not want to move to Sydney...
Possibly the "bingle" factor
- Sydney will Trade but will not give up "Star" players such as ROK
- Fevola has threatend carlton he will nominate for the draft if he doesn't get 4 years

The feel is Sydney has launched a serious bid for Fev and will either secure him or Carlton will be scared into offering him the 4 years he wants

Anyway this is from what i have been told... take is as you will...

Cheers

JUDO
4th July 2008, 10:34 AM
I don't recall a year in Sydney's history where we have successfully had two goalscoring key forwards in the same side.

What about Capper and Morwood in 86-87

annew
4th July 2008, 10:37 AM
Courtesy of The Age

It reported the Swans had already approached Fevola and were keen to trade aggressively because they identified the forward as a major priority.

Swans coach Paul Roos has called a news conference for Friday morning at the club's SCG headquarters to discuss the report.

Bas
4th July 2008, 10:55 AM
- Alex is a stumbling block as she does not want to move to Sydney...
Possibly the "bingle" factor

I was guessing the reverse but it was a guess.

RED RAG
4th July 2008, 10:57 AM
Brendan Fevola was on the Footy Show last night and looks like the Swans are after him. 3 million over four years. Do we want him. Would he fit into the Bloods way of behaviour. How would he handle being out of the spotlight that he is used to in Melbourne. Is four years too long.:rolleyes:

TheHood
4th July 2008, 11:10 AM

Thanks Woosh :p

Mr Magoo
4th July 2008, 11:11 AM
Based on current articles (including the inside connection of having a godfather at carlton) it wouldnt suprise if Davis was offerred as part of the trade???

(Just couldnt resist getting him into this thread).

TheHood
4th July 2008, 11:21 AM
I agree there is a 75% chance that this is Fev's management courting big offers to bluff Carlton back to the ATM for the rest of the cash he's after.

The other 25% chance that they are serious, would work in our favour because although Mick is maybe keen to play on next year, maybe he isn't! I see O'Loughlin retiring at years end.

Barry Hall would certainly play much further up the ground than Brendan and that might suit the forward structure till Baz retires in say 2010 or 2011.

The negatives are many and although Kirky is old in terms of age (not heart and ability), I can not imagine Brendan Fevola grown up enough to get his head around Kirk and the Swans culture for the next 3 years Kirk is Captain. I think Swans culture would bore Fevola into depression and ultimately bad form. I would love to be proved wrong, but Fevola is a kid and won't mature till he's 35 or maybe even 40.

south_dimmies
4th July 2008, 11:32 AM
Would explain the strange promotional release issued by Nick Davis's management earlier this week.

Cue newspaper centimeters highlighting Davis's "matchwinning abilities".

Would also explain Roosy talking Nick Davis up.

TheGrimReaper
4th July 2008, 11:33 AM
Nick Davis plus first round draft pick for Fevola, sounds good to me, but that may not be enough for Carlton. They would lack tall options up forward if Fevola goes, so I'm thinking that, they want at least Ryan O'Keefe sadly. :o

I hate to give up ROK!

Beer Baron
4th July 2008, 11:33 AM
I think Fev is keen to move to different club because of the clause in his current contract set by Greg Swan? (correct me if I am wrong) saying. "One more stuff up and he's off the list."

Unless that clause is removed I reckon Fev is as good as gone from the blues.

Donners
4th July 2008, 11:40 AM
What about Capper and Morwood in 86-87

Not a bad argument.

Still, Morwood was only 185cm and a fair bit more mobile than Hall and Fev. Bayes really played the second key tall forward role in '87, and Edmond and Daniher did to some extent in '86.

Bas
4th July 2008, 11:42 AM
Based on current articles (including the inside connection of having a godfather at carlton) it wouldnt suprise if Davis was offerred as part of the trade???

(Just couldnt resist getting him into this thread).

Forget abput Davis and Fev, a godfather at Carlton? Is his name Vinnie? Part of the Carlton Crew?

Much more interesting story.

However, Davis trade would make sense. Roos saying he is still wanted etc etc.

What about LRT as a tall trade? Spud Murphy fills LRT's role or Grundy.

Lucky Knickers
4th July 2008, 11:55 AM
Swans coach Paul Roos has called a news conference for Friday morning at the club's SCG headquarters to discuss the report.
-Source (http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/fevola-clams-up-on-swans-contract-talks-20080704-31i2.html)

Sounds remarkably similar to Spida gate. Any news from Roos?

RogueSwan
4th July 2008, 11:57 AM
I think it is more a case of pumping himself up Aker style.
Personally, I don't really want him, maybe if he was 3yrs younger.
Bring on Jessie!

Wardy
4th July 2008, 12:06 PM
Ok my guess is it will be announcements of retirements - perhaps Everitt, Crouch, Matthews & maybe Leo (only because he is already working part time with a stock broking firm in readiness for retirement) - so that frees up some money so maybe Fev is in the mix - and Kennelly will go back to Ireland at the end of next year. Oh well as good a guess as any!!

robamiee
4th July 2008, 12:20 PM
4 years....big call....
I guess they are looking at that they can extend the premiership window out to another 3 years...
If you also take into Baz's comments on Cousins, (and when you look at him he will go another 2-3 years at full tilt with the way swans manage injuries)

As long as he doesn't carry on like years before, aside from the window issue he has been pretty well behaved, i think his wife's coming back into his life this year has also had a big part in that as well.
It could work...

As far as trade...I dont think Nick Davis will come back into Sydney's line up, as much as i like him as player so he will be up for trade for sure.
Maybe a few fringe players, but again a big call with the last open draft for 2 years.

Chookbilly
4th July 2008, 12:32 PM
We'll give them Davis, Bucky and our first rounder.

That should free up enough room in the salery cap when you factor in likey retirements.

Wardy
4th July 2008, 12:41 PM
any news yet???

AnnieH
4th July 2008, 12:59 PM
I haven't read anything past the first post (sorry, I'll get back to it... I'm flat out today).

Fevola????
In red & white????

No way jose.

gossipcom
4th July 2008, 01:17 PM
This has just popped up courtesy of SMH.

Swans have made no offer to Fevola: Roos - Breaking News - Sport - Breaking News (http://news.smh.com.au/sport/swans-have-made-no-offer-to-fevola-roos-20080704-31i2.html)

Wardy
4th July 2008, 01:20 PM
This has just popped up courtesy of SMH.

Swans have made no offer to Fevola: Roos - Breaking News - Sport - Breaking News (http://news.smh.com.au/sport/swans-have-made-no-offer-to-fevola-roos-20080704-31i2.html)

well thats an anti climax - oh well !!

DeadlyAkkuret
4th July 2008, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't read too much into what was said on TFS or by Roos today. Even if Sydney were interested, they wouldn't announce it ahead of one of their most important games of the year.

Plugger46
4th July 2008, 01:24 PM
Roos just trying to settle everything I'd say. He was never going to come out and publicly say that "we want Fev", especially given the stage of the season and where we're placed.

hammo
4th July 2008, 01:30 PM
Ducks and drakes.

ShockOfHair
4th July 2008, 01:50 PM
Roos just flat dened this story:there've been no discussions whatsoever between Fevola and the Swans. Full stop.

His denial makes it clear the original story was completely untrue and that it came from the Fev camp for their own purposes.

Roos said, hypothetically, if Fev exited Carlton, the Swans would sit down and think about whether they wanted him -- as they would for any leading forward in the comp.

And then they'd say no, he's not worth the trouble.

THis whole story is a non-starter. Fev is not going anywhere near the Swans.

ash3
4th July 2008, 02:08 PM
anyway, back to the Cousins playing in our mid field again........... ;)

Wardy
4th July 2008, 02:10 PM
Maybe it was started by Eddie Everywhere and he said to his former FS colleagues "The Swans are after Fev" knowing full well that the knobs on the show would do anything that Ed wanted knowing its crap - so this would create a distraction for the Swans - well stupider things have happened.:)

swansrule100
4th July 2008, 02:19 PM
fev is a good player but id rather try to steal a good tall defender if we are looking at players around that age.

Whens Scarlett free?

cruiser
4th July 2008, 02:24 PM
well thats an anti climax - oh well !!
I think much the same thing was said about Hall during the season as the rumours began to grow prior to his coming to Sydney. I'm not saying that I think Fevola is as certain a trade as Hall was, rather, I dont think that anyone would be showing their hand just yet.

Wardy
4th July 2008, 02:28 PM
I think much the same thing was said about Hall during the season as the rumours began to grow prior to his coming to Sydney. I'm not saying that I think Fevola is as certain a trade as Hall was, rather, I dont think that anyone would be showing their hand just yet.

True - Lockett was considered a bit of a knob too - and look at how wonderful those two turned out! Perhaps Fev could be a "work in progress" But you are right - nothing will be said until the season is over. However, retirement talk might start pretty soon for some.

C-Train
4th July 2008, 02:37 PM
Trust me... more will come out soon enough...
Just wait the the media track down his exact where abouts this weekend...
Interesting to see who he has coffee with!

4th July 2008, 02:38 PM
FFS Fev is a knob, wouldnt want him at all.

I say BRING BACK DAVO QUICKLY

Rather Davo than him, , you just might be able to accomadate one tool.
Imagine this site with Fevola at the Swans, Davo wouldnt get a mention.!!

Id rather push for Cousins as we need some SPEED in the midfield
and we must make ROK our priority at the moment.

PLEASE DAVO : Come back and tow the line !

TheGrimReaper
4th July 2008, 02:58 PM
FFS Fev is a knob, wouldnt want him at all.

I say BRING BACK DAVO QUICKLY

Rather Davo than him, , you just might be able to accomadate one tool.
Imagine this site with Fevola at the Swans, Davo wouldnt get a mention.!!

Id rather push for Cousins as we need some SPEED in the midfield
and we must make ROK our priority at the moment.

PLEASE DAVO : Come back and tow the line !

Dangerous saying speed and Cousins in the one sentence. :cool:

But I got a gut feeling, all parties may not be telling the whole truth just yet.

annew
4th July 2008, 03:17 PM
The article on the Swans page says that Alistair Lynch is Fev's manager.

Donners
4th July 2008, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't read too much into what was said on TFS or by Roos today. Even if Sydney were interested, they wouldn't announce it ahead of one of their most important games of the year.

And particularly when such negotiations mid-season are very much frowned upon.

hammo
4th July 2008, 03:54 PM
I would rather take a punt on Cousins over Fevola because he'll offer us more during our current window - i.e when we MOL, Kirk, Hall and Goodes are still at their best.

The next key forward to change clubs will be Justin Koschitzke. St Kilda will rebuild next year and he's the most expendable of their big name players. I think given his potential he's been pretty disappointing overall, but I'd expect he will be the subject of some discussions at Moore Park.

ash3
4th July 2008, 04:14 PM
Could love to see Kerr come to us, watching that game last Friday, he was awsome in a team which was pretty average.

Bas
4th July 2008, 04:39 PM
Roos just flat dened this story:there've been no discussions whatsoever between Fevola and the Swans. Full stop.

His denial makes it clear the original story was completely untrue and that it came from the Fev camp for their own purposes.

Roos said, hypothetically, if Fev exited Carlton, the Swans would sit down and think about whether they wanted him -- as they would for any leading forward in the comp.

And then they'd say no, he's not worth the trouble.

THis whole story is a non-starter. Fev is not going anywhere near the Swans.

I didn't read that they would say no. Roos said; WE haven't approached him. HOWEVER, if he is interested we could have a talk at season end.

Lockett, Hall were a lot more trouble at than Fevola.

Bas
4th July 2008, 04:43 PM
The article on the Swans page says that Alistair Lynch is Fev's manager.

Now, who was he team mates with at Fitzroy?

Recruited by whom to Brisbane?

Donners
4th July 2008, 06:01 PM
Lockett, Hall were a lot more trouble at than Fevola.

Less trouble off the field though, and with better attitudes on the ground. Their main problem was too much aggression, which can be shaped into determination and power without the risk of suspension.

Hall and Lockett also came at points when they were not performing at their peak, unlike Fevola, which cut their prices to an extent. There was also a far greater gap for them in the side.

None of those conditions are present here, and I maintain it would be a bad move.

No 14
4th July 2008, 06:10 PM
Fevola has is playing well now that he was threatened by Carlton the next incident was the end of him. Can he sustain it beyond his current contract period? He is a big bet and I wouldn't want to bet on him.

I doubt he is worth what would be demanded by Carlton.

Also as I have said before Hutchinson likes the story to be around himself. he grates on me.

mcs
4th July 2008, 08:46 PM
I still cant believe there is so many people that would love to have the drug cheat at our club :frown I for one could never cheer him in the red and the white.

There is legs to the Fevola story I think, probably not a great deal at the moment but I think there is more to it then just a rumour from left field and come the end of the season it might get very interesting.

givekidsakick
4th July 2008, 09:37 PM
keep crouch get fev & cousins.....

Robbo
4th July 2008, 10:10 PM
We should have a serious crack at getting him IMO. The future of our forward line is looking pretty bad atm.

woo
5th July 2008, 01:19 AM
every rumour has a bit of substance....I reckon roos could bs us all and the contract is under way.and I am not saying this as a negative on his character, this could be like the ole wayne bennett and roosters thing...and it getting into the papers has ended all talks..and damn it I hope not.

lets face it...if fev is playing at his best who wouldn't want to see him in red and white and if you say no you are not thinking straight. Bazza and plugger came to the club with horrendous pasts in comparision. and we need to think future, we have quite a few players leaving either this year or next...

TheMase
5th July 2008, 03:28 AM
every rumour has a bit of substance....I reckon roos could bs us all and the contract is under way.and I am not saying this as a negative on his character, this could be like the ole wayne bennett and roosters thing...and it getting into the papers has ended all talks..and damn it I hope not.

There was no way we were going to come out and confirm we'd be talking.
It is against AFL rules.

We won't know until seasons end. Are they talking? Who knows. If anything Fev may well have asked his manager to contact certain clubs. They contacted us, and we are either talking or not.

It would explain why he looked like he was lying, and that Sydney were quick to shut it down. He may have contacted us and us not replied even?

JF_Bay22_SCG
5th July 2008, 03:28 AM

I think it is more a publicity stunt started by the Swans office to get people talking about the club & AFL this week.

Nothing like a bit of publicity before a big home game, is there? ;)

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
5th July 2008, 03:31 AM

And get people talking about AFL in the same weekend as State of Origin & a Wallabies test when there are seats to sell tomorrow night.......

You don't get sport in Sydney, do you?

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
5th July 2008, 03:38 AM
I still cant believe there is so many people that would love to have the drug cheat at our club :frown I for one could never cheer him in the red and the white.

Cousins was hard a drug 'cheat'. He was a guy with a harmful addiction that would have harmed his footy career rather than helped it. There is no advantage on the field in taking Ice (the gay clubbing scene in Sydney has been largely decimated by it to be honest, so this topic is rather close to home)

The fact he played as well as he did despite it all shows you what a complete freak the guy must be physically.

Technically I'd LOVE to welcome him to Sydney. But he STILL refuses to lose than smug smirk and general cockiness. His comments when interviewed the other day were "Well, who wouldn't want me?" :mad: :rolleyes:

If he came here the no dickheads policy would be well and truly thrown out the window. But only the other hand he could give us the impetus and ball-winning skill we have lacked with our onballers. He COULD win us another flag whilst Hall O'Laughlin & Goodes were still in the team.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
5th July 2008, 03:53 AM
any news yet???

Brendan Fevola eyes Swans&squo; bad boy reform school | The Daily Telegraph (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23969934-5001023,00.html)

JF :eek:

connolly
5th July 2008, 04:43 AM
Cousins was hard a drug 'cheat'. He was a guy with a harmful addiction that would have harmed his footy career rather than helped it. There is no advantage on the field in taking Ice (the gay clubbing scene in Sydney has been largely decimated by it to be honest, so this topic is rather close to home)

The fact he played as well as he did despite it all shows you what a complete freak the guy must be physically.

JF

Can't comment on what ice has done to the gay community but amphetimine is certainly a performance enhancing drug and is banned by WADA.
Cousins achieved a dramatic spike in his performances in 2006.
Ben on thin ice as WADA threat looms | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21465307-2722,00.html)

DeadlyAkkuret
5th July 2008, 04:59 AM
And get people talking about AFL in the same weekend as State of Origin & a Wallabies test when there are seats to sell tomorrow night.......

You don't get sport in Sydney, do you?

JF

It appears you don't get Roos.

CureTheSane
5th July 2008, 08:31 AM

Oh, I remember many many people saying the same thing about Plugger after the Caven incident.
They all turned and made him one of our own.....

Bas
5th July 2008, 01:50 PM
I think this DH policy thing needs to be put to rest.

Sure they might be that before they come to the Swans however they change once here.

Rather we recruit Dh and then change them. Pretty much what women do to men in a relationship.

My first wife led me to the demon liquor. I'll be forever grateful!!

I'm going to go and hide quietly now.........

hammo
31st July 2008, 06:02 PM
All irrelevant now.

Fev has re-signed for the Blues.

Lucky Knickers
31st July 2008, 06:20 PM
I enjoyed this Hun Blogger (http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/afl/fanforce/index.php/heraldsun/comments/carlton_set_to_cheat_the_cap_again1)

573v30
31st July 2008, 07:34 PM
We never wanted him anyway... :p

ScottH
31st July 2008, 07:37 PM
Didn't think he'd leave the blues anyway.

Donners
1st August 2008, 11:07 AM
Best news I've heard all week.

cruiser
1st August 2008, 08:16 PM
So what about Mark Williams? ;)

satchmopugdog
1st August 2008, 08:22 PM

Now we're talking...how good a kick for goal is he?????

ScottH
2nd August 2008, 11:16 AM

Is name came up in an article in the paper the other day about players likely to be up for trade. Raised my eyebrows. He is the #3 fwd at the Hawks and will not move up the chain very far, would be an excellent pick up for us.

cruiser
2nd August 2008, 12:13 PM
Is name came up in an article in the paper the other day about players likely to be up for trade. Raised my eyebrows. He is the #3 fwd at the Hawks and will not move up the chain very far, would be an excellent pick up for us. He was the AFLs leading goalkicker in 2006. Has some dickhead tendencies but they can be dealt with.

573v30
2nd August 2008, 12:43 PM
He was the AFLs leading goalkicker in 2006. Has some dickhead tendencies but they can be dealt with.

And he has re-signed with Carlton for the next 3 years...

schwattasboots
2nd August 2008, 01:16 PM
he has already sing a contract with carlton

and he said he want to be a one club player

3 yr deal with carlton
i do not where the afl footy heard that swans were bidding for fev
regards schwattas boots aka tim peace

liz
2nd August 2008, 01:21 PM

Mark Williams has signed for Carlton?:eek:

Pace To Burn
2nd August 2008, 01:40 PM

They are talking about Mark Williams not Fevolva

573v30
2nd August 2008, 02:11 PM
Mark Williams has signed for Carlton?:eek:

Mark Williams was the AFL leading goalkicker? :eek:

liz
2nd August 2008, 02:21 PM
Mark Williams was the AFL leading goalkicker? :eek:

He was up to around two thirds of the way through the season, when he got injured.