PDA

View Full Version : Luke Ablett

Swanner
4th July 2008, 12:18 PM
Interested in views on Luke Ablett. He would seem to be the one of the smalls most under the pump. What has been his value this year. i am bit unclear on his role. he has been named in the forwards so i assume he is their to apply pressure.

I have been previously a big fan because of his kicking skills but am comcerned about his intenstiy and pace. What do ya reckon?

Chookbilly
4th July 2008, 12:34 PM
what kicking skills?

He kicks like a mule, but never looks where he's kicking to.

johnno
4th July 2008, 12:37 PM
he can kick the ball a mile, but then, anyone with the name Ablett, past and present can kick the ball a mile.

Lucky Knickers
4th July 2008, 01:02 PM
I think his extractor abilities and contested footy has really improved this year - maybe a reflection of the change in game plan to play on quicker and more often. He's been instrumental, particularly in the tight games agst PA and WCE, in getting hands on the ball, getting it out and moving it forward.

swansrule100
4th July 2008, 01:49 PM
in the leadership group isnt he?

he tries hard thats all that matters

AnnieH
4th July 2008, 02:29 PM
Kick it to mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ernie koala
4th July 2008, 10:24 PM
I think his extractor abilities and contested footy has really improved this year - maybe a reflection of the change in game plan to play on quicker and more often. He's been instrumental, particularly in the tight games agst PA and WCE, in getting hands on the ball, getting it out and moving it forward.

I agree, his role is in tight, playing hard contested footy, getting the ball moving forward...and he does it well. I hope he plays out his career in Sydney.

NMWBloods
4th July 2008, 10:58 PM
He's rarely had a role of getting the ball moving forward in the past. But, like LK, I think he has improved in that area this year and has played a few very good quarters. Still, I wouldn't be fussed if we traded him - no big loss - but I doubt we'd get much for him or he would be highly sought after.

Primmy
5th July 2008, 07:26 AM
I have been watching Luuuuke this year (actually I watch Noggy a Lot) and his role appears to have been defined as tagging and lurking while waiting for the hand off and then belting the ball into the forward line. He appears to be getting harder to tackle and I think his game is being changed. It would appear that he is a midfield progression from stoppages. Well I know what I mean.

He won't be traded. He is just extremely low key.

Oh, and yes, I forgot about Chambers. That was Years ago. And as Roosy said in the last day or so, all of the coaching staff have been on a learning curve. Nice kid actually, could kick goals in the 2s, just.....oh well, out of his depth. Felt sorry for him.

Chookbilly
5th July 2008, 11:11 PM
I don't know what you people see in Ablett...

In the game tonight, he was ordinary!
He fumbles the ball way too often, kicks blindly, and always gets caught in a tackle when in close. (he never seems to be able to get his arms free, they get pinned).

Yes, he's a battler, and a hard nut, but, I'm seeing no improvement at all in luke over the last few years. And unfortunately can't see any in the future.

I hope he proves me wrong.

5th July 2008, 11:35 PM
I don't know what you people see in Ablett...

In the game tonight, he was ordinary!
He fumbles the ball way too often, kicks blindly, and always gets caught in a tackle when in close. (he never seems to be able to get his arms free, they get pinned).

Yes, he's a battler, and a hard nut, but, I'm seeing no improvement at all in luke over the last few years. And unfortunately can't see any in the future.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Always admired Noggy though giving us nothing for a while now.
One of those tradeable sort of players.

Jeffers1984
5th July 2008, 11:35 PM
The sooner Schmidt replaces Ablett in the team, the more creative we will be.

He will be no big loss at all.

hudsta
5th July 2008, 11:41 PM
The sooner Schmidt replaces Ablett in the team, the more creative we will be.

He will be no big loss at all.

Trade him to Geelong.

Chow-Chicker
5th July 2008, 11:44 PM
He hears footsteps.

Lucky Knickers
5th July 2008, 11:48 PM
In Nogs defence he was first in to at least fumble the ball. For 3 qtrs everyone else sat back and watched!

brooke20
10th July 2008, 07:19 PM
Luke Ablett is going no where. stop bagging him. atleast he gives us 110% everyweek unlike some of our other players.
Just because Luke isnt kicking us goals everyweek and geting heaps of possesions doesnt mean he is crap. he does heaps of 1 percenters that no one gives him credit for.

reigning premier
10th July 2008, 07:24 PM
Luke Ablett is going no where. stop bagging him. atleast he gives us 110% everyweek unlike some of our other players.
Just because Luke isnt kicking us goals everyweek and geting heaps of possesions doesnt mean he is crap. he does heaps of 1 percenters that no one gives him credit for.

You mean he's good about 1 percent of the time don't you???

Robbo
10th July 2008, 07:26 PM
As Jack Dyer used to say....

He's a good ordinary player.

TheMase
10th July 2008, 07:42 PM
Noggy is great, puts in 110% all of the time, thats all you can ask for.

Are you serious? Awesome! I will turn up at the club tomorrow with my football gear, and I should be able to line up in a couple of weeks.

I always give 110%.

NMWBloods
10th July 2008, 07:44 PM
I'll give 115% if they put me in the side and pay me a lot.

Robbo
10th July 2008, 07:50 PM
"X player deserves his spot in the side because he tries hard"

One of the silliest things anyone can say.

DeadlyAkkuret
10th July 2008, 08:04 PM
As Jack Dyer used to say....

He's a good ordinary player.

I think he's an ordinary average player.

hammo
10th July 2008, 08:06 PM
At least we have some Ablett genes being passed down for future F/S selections.

Lucky Knickers
11th July 2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think the psychologist has any free appointments right now. ;)

givekidsakick
11th July 2008, 11:36 AM
swap him for cousins

swantastic
11th July 2008, 12:12 PM
I rate Noggy the equal of his cuz in their own team structures and game plan.

ScottH
11th July 2008, 01:36 PM
Nice to see people so welcoming of new posters!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Ignore the idiots Brooke20.

TheMase
11th July 2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome to RWO Brooke20. :o

connolly
11th July 2008, 01:58 PM
And welcome to the How Dare You Express An Opinion Club

ROK Lobster
11th July 2008, 02:35 PM
Bugger that. I will double most players' efforts and take it 2 weeks at a time.

AnnieH
11th July 2008, 02:41 PM
Bugger that. I will double most players' efforts and take it 2 weeks at a time.

:)

bedford
11th July 2008, 08:15 PM
well said Brooke you know your footy not like others