PDA

View Full Version : Who makes way for Goodes?

ugg
6th July 2008, 12:25 AM
In alphabetical order,

Ablett - Very frustrating because he can be so much more. I don't think he has had much impact this year.
Barry - His propensity at trying to beat his man is definitely resulting in a negative expected return.
Bird - Would be harsh to drop him, but given he's the most inexperienced of the lot, he may make way
Buchanan - has gradually declined over the past 2 years. Stuffed into the forward pocket where he has been quite ineffective.
Everitt - too old, too slow.
Hall - Undisciplined acts were costly when the game was in the balance. Perhaps needs to learn in the magoos Nick Davis style.
Malceski - hasn't been the same Eski we came to love last year. Maybe needs a run in the ressies.
LRT - a liability in the defence, watched the man and not the ball too much.
Playfair - goalkicking is atrocious
other - please name

gossipcom
6th July 2008, 12:27 AM
I'd omit Playfair, only because we need all the midfielders we can get against the Hawks because of their speed. Plus Bevo can match Hawks' Williams for speed, so he'd get a reprieve. Plus I doubt they'd drop Spida against his old club. If not Playfair then one of the guys carrying an injury, since it seemed like there were a few out there tonight.

ETA: What are the chances that Fossie's hammy will be better by next week? Because if there's a chance, I'd throw him into the team since he loves playing in Melbourne.

hammo
6th July 2008, 12:27 AM
Paul Bevan = hopeless

TheGrimReaper
6th July 2008, 12:31 AM
Paul Bevan = hopeless

Ditto! Too many turnovers.

I would like to see Nick Davis given another go.

NMWBloods
6th July 2008, 12:32 AM
I really think Malceski and Buchanan both need a run in the reserves.

At some point it would be good for Ablett to have a run in the reserves to learn some attack.

Not sure what we're going to do with LRT and Playfair.

573v30
6th July 2008, 12:40 AM
In: Goodes and Davis
Out: Buchanan and Bevan

ugg
6th July 2008, 12:41 AM
I can't believe that posters are advocating that Bevan be dropped. I'm definitely no Bevo fan but he's been terrific so far this season and he was far from the worse tonight.

6th July 2008, 12:42 AM
Out : Spider,Playfair,Ablett
In: Goodes , Vespremi , Davis (If Fit)

NMWBloods
6th July 2008, 12:42 AM
I thought Bevan was hopeless tonight, but I wouldn't drop him.

Glenn
6th July 2008, 12:44 AM
Out: Hall (susp), Ablett, LRT
In: Goodes,Davis,White

swan_song
6th July 2008, 12:45 AM
There were about 19 out there tonight who would qualify for a trip to Canberra, but as bad as the 2s played tonight, an infusion of seniors I fear would only weaken them further.

Jeffers1984
6th July 2008, 12:46 AM
I don't know if Veszpremi has the match fitness to go in a seniors game atm. Saying that though, i would love to see an early debut from the Prez. Guy will be a cult hero.

Out:

Spida, Playfair, Bucky

In: Goodes, Currie, Schmidt

Jewels
6th July 2008, 12:48 AM
There were about 19 out there tonight who would qualify for a trip to Canberra, but as bad as the 2s played tonight, an infusion of seniors I fear would only weaken them further.

Ding, ding, ding, post of the night!!!!

Glenn
6th July 2008, 12:49 AM
Wouldn't rush Ves in with little or no match fitness, esp against the Hawks at the G. :eek:

ugg
6th July 2008, 12:51 AM
Wouldn't rush Ves in with little or no match fitness, esp against the Hawks at the G. :eek:
Yep agree with that. As good as Veszpremi was in a few passages of play, he has to offer more. Played mostly at FF today.

BSA5
6th July 2008, 12:56 AM
Playfair has to be the one.

Wouldn't mind Spida going out and either Currie or White coming in. Not sure if Currie is ready yet (how did he play today?), but White did OK in his one match so far, and another run probably wouldn't hurt. He might be a good defensive option to help cover the numerous Hawthorn tall forwards.

Also, Bird, as far as I'm concerned, has earned his spot for the rest of the season. One of our only players who actually gave it a dig. Only Kirk, Mattner and Jude Bolton can hold their head higher than Dickie. I was really impressed with him.