PDA

View Full Version : Where are Swans supporters sitting at the Hawks game

Mattyt
9th July 2008, 01:14 AM
Heading down from Sydney for it, and would rather not be surrounded by feral dawks supporters, so where are the legions of swans fans likely to be situated?

Thanks in advance

goswannie14
9th July 2008, 08:05 AM
IIRC the cheer squad are at the city end.

BTW, the Hawks supporters are some of the better supporters in the AFL. Not every teams supporters are feral. That description should only be used for Collingwood, St Kilda and the likes.

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 10:19 AM

BTW, the Hawks supporters are some of the better supporters in the AFL. Not every teams supporters are feral. That description should only be used for Collingwood, St Kilda and the likes.

Yeah.

We had a great time at last year's game.

My bestie's an ex-poos & wees cheer squad president. He's also a premiership club member of the swans.

We're sitting on Level 2 of the ponsford stand. Behind the goalposts.

ScottH
9th July 2008, 11:41 AM
I'll be there, maybe. I'll find out on Friday, then I'll have to pass get approval from the match committee. Oh, and tear my arse out of the couch I've been stuck on, for a week now.

Mel
9th July 2008, 11:45 AM
Agree that Hawks fans are some of the best. Had a lovely encounter with a number of them some years back after a particularily savage beating at Waverly in Rnd 22.

As for Collingwood supporters - after Friday I can completely understand why they are the most hated in the league.

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be there, maybe. I'll find out on Friday, then I'll have to pass get approval from the match committee. Oh, and tear my arse out of the couch I've been stuck on, for a week now.

If you go, you'd better come and say hello.

I'll PM you.

Xie Shan
9th July 2008, 12:33 PM
Couldn't make it down this weekend...anyone else joining the World Youth Day-inspired exodus from Sydney next weekend (hehe) for the Carlton game?

Plugger46
9th July 2008, 12:36 PM

Really? Every club has bad supporters but I've had some shocking days with Hawthorn supporters. 2001 EF and the last game at Waverley.

Probably my most hated side in the comp along with Geelong.

I'll be standing on the southern stand wing with Nico and others.

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 12:36 PM
Couldn't make it down this weekend...anyone else joining the World Youth Day-inspired exodus from Sydney next weekend (hehe) for the Carlton game?

Nah, I'm going to stay at home with the doors and windows locked.

hammo
9th July 2008, 12:39 PM
I will be coming down. Will probably find a seat at the city end somewhere.

Bear
9th July 2008, 12:54 PM
Heading down from Sydney for it, and would rather not be surrounded by feral dawks supporters, so where are the legions of swans fans likely to be situated?

Thanks in advance

Everywhere!

There will be 10-15,000 Swans supporters, assuming weather is fine.

Xie Shan
9th July 2008, 12:56 PM
Nah, I'm going to stay at home with the doors and windows locked.

Haha, good one! Why didn't I think of that! ;)

NMWBloods
9th July 2008, 12:59 PM
This isn't ticketed is it? We'll probably find somewhere down the city end too.

ScottH
9th July 2008, 01:10 PM
We should have e meeting point before the game and/or at 1/2 time, so we can meet each other!!

How about the walkway behind the cheer squad, everyone can find that??

Lucky Knickers
9th July 2008, 01:11 PM
Guts up on the lounge probably peeking out between my hands to check it's safe to look.

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 01:14 PM
We should have e meeting point before the game and/or at 1/2 time, so we can meet each other!!

I'll be there!!:)

sprite
9th July 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm taking my grandson to his first game - courtesy of Auskick.

Not sure where seats are.

Looking forward to seeing a live game.

MarshallG
9th July 2008, 01:33 PM

Looking forward to seeing a live game.

Going care of my little Auskicker too.

Given the match is not ticketed, does that mean we can sit anywhere in the General Public Reserve?

MCG map

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/Football%202008%20seating%20plan.ashx

ScottH
9th July 2008, 01:40 PM

Looking forward to seeing a live game. From what I've heard those seats are usually in or near the AFL Members section, near the race, in the southern stand.

Going with my care of my little Auskicker too.

Given the match is not tiocketed, does that mean we can sit anywhere in the General Public Reserve?

MCG map

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/Football%202008%20seating%20plan.ashx

Pretty much, yes.

goswannie14
9th July 2008, 02:10 PM

How about the walkway behind the cheer squad, everyone can find that??I'll plan to be there too. Although Lily is sick so Mrs gs14 and Lily may not make it to the game.

anniswan
9th July 2008, 02:15 PM
I'll be sitting at Boardman Oval in Sunbury in the car listening :mad: Why do the AFL suddenly this year decide to fixture the Swans in Melbourne on Sunday afternoons. Surely they know I am busy at junior footy:rolleyes:

DST
9th July 2008, 03:20 PM
Most Swans supporters will be sitting behind the goals in the Ponsford Stand.

It is where the cheersquad will be and where the aftermatch will be held straight afterwards on the second level.

Hawthorns member reserve is at the Punt Road end of the stadium in the Southern Stand, so best to avoid this section unless you are planning on sitting amongst the opposition for a bit of argy bargy.

DST
:D

goswannie14
9th July 2008, 03:37 PM
Hawthorns member reserve is at the Punt Road end of the stadium in the Southern Stand, so best to avoid this section unless you are planning on sitting amongst the opposition for a bit of argy bargy.

DST
:DInteresting that you should say that. We were in level 2 of the Ponsford last year and were 2 rows behind the Hawthorn reserves players.:confused:

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th July 2008, 03:46 PM

I recommend people all head straight for the new (ie right of screen) Ponsford grandstand. Would be great to have that area 70-80% Swans as it has been as some MCG Swans games over the last few years.

Whilst we are at it, I may as well guage interest in getting a group together for a cheap & cheerful breakfast at the Golden Tower on Swanston St at around 9-10am. I am aware that several of the Sydney-based travellers will have been on overnight trains & buses or crack-of dawn flights, so 9am may be good for them.

Anyone up for this? Then we can have a couple of drinks at Young & Jacksons or whereever on the way to the game.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th July 2008, 03:48 PM
I'll be sitting at Boardman Oval in Sunbury in the car listening :mad: Why do the AFL suddenly this year decide to fixture the Swans in Melbourne on Sunday afternoons. Surely they know I am busy at junior footy:rolleyes:

Is it normal to play junior football on a Sunday Anni? In Sydney you only ever see juniors playing on Saturdays,right? :confused:

JF

Glenn
9th July 2008, 04:09 PM
The breakfast sounds good, will be getting into Melb Saturday afternoon around 3pm.

Captain
9th July 2008, 04:12 PM
Going with my care of my little Auskicker too.

Given the match is not tiocketed, does that mean we can sit anywhere in the General Public Reserve?

MCG map

I thought the 'N' sections were ticketed?

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 04:23 PM

It is where the cheersquad will be and where the aftermatch will be held straight afterwards on the second level.Hawthorns member reserve is at the Punt Road end of the stadium in the Southern Stand, so best to avoid this section unless you are planning on sitting amongst the opposition for a bit of argy bargy.

DST

YAY!!!!!!
That's behind us. Great, I won't have to walk too far for another drink!!:)

Cher
9th July 2008, 04:52 PM
Ponsford end is the best end to meet up, nice bars with lots of tables and chairs. See you there before game and half time Annie.

hammo
9th July 2008, 04:56 PM

I'll be in the red and white :p

AnnieH
9th July 2008, 05:04 PM

No .. I'LL be in the red & white!!:D

johnno
9th July 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm walking there and will be on ground level behind the goals at the city end.

Allymay
9th July 2008, 05:16 PM
Guts up on the lounge probably peeking out between my hands to check it's safe to look.

Me too. Although will probably have the young ones climbing all over me and the dog sitting on my feet.

Grant
9th July 2008, 07:30 PM
I will be in ponsford bottom deck as per usual. Will try a bit harder to meet a few more RWO'ers this time.

Is there definitely an aftermatch on sunday? I don't recall there being one thats all.

ScottH
9th July 2008, 08:35 PM

But the "I luv Davo" badge will give you away!!

ScottH
9th July 2008, 08:36 PM
I will be in ponsford bottom deck as per usual. Will try a bit harder to meet a few more RWO'ers this time.

Is there definitely an aftermatch on sunday? I don't recall there being one thats all.If not it is going to be very lonesome at the 'G then.

swantastic
9th July 2008, 10:06 PM

How about the walkway behind the cheer squad, everyone can find that??Good idea Scotty,i'll be sitting in the cheer squad as per usual with mrs swantastic and the little swantastics.

bloodboy
9th July 2008, 10:14 PM
Anyone here an AFL member?

NMWBloods
9th July 2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone here an AFL member?
I am.

bloodboy
10th July 2008, 12:02 AM
Nice, where u sit usually NMW? Better enjoy the game this week...only game at the G for the year...soak up the AFL members seating!

NMWBloods
10th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Nice, where u sit usually NMW? Better enjoy the game this week...only game at the G for the year...soak up the AFL members seating!
We've sat in a few different places - GSS wing, behind the goals at each end. Not sure what we'll do this time.

Plugger46
10th July 2008, 12:10 PM
I am.

Me too. I normally cross back into general admin to catch up with family and friends.

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 12:15 PM
Me too. I normally cross back into general admin to catch up with family and friends.

Go and visit the "little people", eh??;)

swantastic
10th July 2008, 12:17 PM
Nice, where u sit usually NMW? Better enjoy the game this week...only game at the G for the year...soak up the AFL members seating!You must be joking bloodboy,he wont tell you excatley where he's sitting because he wont show his face to fellow RWO's or where scott suggested we meet or at the after match thingy.

Even tho i do owe NMW a beer..LOL...lets see if that entices him out .

NMWBloods
10th July 2008, 12:28 PM
You must be joking bloodboy,he wont tell you excatley where he's sitting because he wont show his face to fellow RWO's or where scott suggested we meet or at the after match thingy.

Even tho i do owe NMW a beer..LOL...lets see if that entices him out .
Why do you say that? I've met a couple of people from RWO and I'm always happy to do so (I find that face-to-face meetings really do a lot to improve on-line interactions). There are certain things I can't make it to though. I'll try to get down for the half time meet up.

swantastic
10th July 2008, 12:44 PM
Why do you say that? I've met a couple of people from RWO and I'm always happy to do so (I find that face-to-face meetings really do a lot to improve on-line interactions). There are certain things I can't make it to though. I'll try to get down for the half time meet up.I dont know you just seem very elusive,and it not that hard to come down at half time behind the cheer squad to meet more RWO people.

That beer is still waiting for you to collect.

hammo
10th July 2008, 12:49 PM
How will I know who's who without going up to complete strangers asking "are you from RWO", "Are you Swantastic??" etc...

ScottH
10th July 2008, 12:50 PM
I dont know you just seem very elusive,and it not that hard to come down at half time behind the cheer squad to meet more RWO people.

That beer is still waiting for you to collect.

He doesn't exist. It is actually a computer bot, that posts under the pseudonym NMWBloods.

swantastic
10th July 2008, 12:56 PM
How will I know who's who without going up to complete strangers asking "are you from RWO", "Are you Swantastic??" etc...Trust me hammo you will know who i am,when you see brad pitts twin bang thats me.Most likley i'll have the two little swantastics with me if that helps.

Dont be shy hammo just ask.

NMWBloods
10th July 2008, 01:01 PM
He doesn't exist. It is actually a computer bot, that posts under the pseudonym NMWBloods.
I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 01:09 PM
Trust me hammo you will know who i am,when you see brad pitts twin bang thats me.Most likley i'll have the two little swantastics with me if that helps.

Dont be shy hammo just ask.

Look for Brad Pitt's twin nostril.
:)

sprite
10th July 2008, 01:24 PM

It is where the cheersquad will be and where the aftermatch will be held straight afterwards on the second level.

DST

Is the after match members only? Haven't been to a game for a while.

Would be nice to get some autographs on grandsons jumper.

sprite

ScottH
10th July 2008, 01:25 PM
Is the after match members only? Haven't been to a game for a while.

Would be nice to get some autographs on grandsons jumper.

sprite

Yes it is members only.

sprite
10th July 2008, 01:26 PM
Any other way to get in?

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes it is members only.

Scotty, is it Melbourne members only??
If it's not, do I need my little badge to get in or will my member card do the trick?

goswannie14
10th July 2008, 01:33 PM
If it's not, do I need my little badge to get in or will my member card do the trick?I think it's for all members, although your membership should tell you if you have access to melbourne aftermatches, you will definitely need your card or you won't get in.

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 01:37 PM
I think it's for all members, although your membership should tell you if you have access to melbourne aftermatches, you will definitely need your card or you won't get in.

Sydney membership says nothing about Melbourne aftermatch functions.
I am entitled to attend the Sydney aftermatches.
If they don't let me in ... I'm not shy - I'll complain to management. It worked in Canberra!!:)

swantastic
10th July 2008, 01:38 PM
If it's not, do I need my little badge to get in or will my member card do the trick?I wish it was only melbourne based members,ppfftt who wants sydney based members there any way there all a buch of tossas.

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 01:51 PM
I wish it was only melbourne based members,ppfftt who wants sydney based members there any way there all a buch of tossas.

You are looking down the barrel of being dropped .... again.
For that, now you can buy me AND NMW premium beers. :)

ScottH
10th July 2008, 01:56 PM
Sydney membership says nothing about Melbourne aftermatch functions.
I am entitled to attend the Sydney aftermatches.
If they don't let me in ... I'm not shy - I'll complain to management. It worked in Canberra!!:)

I know some of the Sydney based members been to AM's in Melb, maybe they have a membership that allows this, not too sure, but I'm sure you can talk your way in!!

swantastic
10th July 2008, 02:53 PM
I know some of the Sydney based members been to AM's in Melb, maybe they have a membership that allows this, not too sure, but I'm sure you can talk your way in!!Annie talk her way in,no @@@@ sherlock.;)

Melbourne based members can attend Sydney functions so i dont see why Sydney based supporters cant attend Melbourne functions.

Cher
10th July 2008, 02:57 PM
Annie talk her way in,no @@@@ sherlock.;)

Melbourne based members can attend Sydney functions so i dont see why Sydney based supporters cant attend Melbourne functions.

To get into an aftermatch in Melbourne all you need to do is show your membership card, they don't read them to see what level of membership you have.

Not all Melbourne based members can attend Sydney aftermatch functions, to get in the Noble area you have to show a membership medallion, not all Melb memberships have medallions.

ScottH
10th July 2008, 03:04 PM
Annie talk her way in,no @@@@ sherlock.;)

To get into an aftermatch in Melbourne all you need to do is show your membership card, they don't read them to see what level of membership you have.

Not all Melbourne based members can attend Sydney aftermatch functions, to get in the Noble area you have to show a membership medallion, not all Melb memberships have medallions.

What she said, sherlock.

reigning premier
10th July 2008, 03:21 PM
YAY!!!!!!
That's behind us. Great, I won't have to walk too far for another drink!!:)

You're not being let loose in Melbourne are you Annie? Isn't that injunction still in place?

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 03:26 PM
You're not being let loose in Melbourne are you Annie? Isn't that injunction still in place?

Nah.
It got lifted three days ago. We timed it perfectly!!:)

reigning premier
10th July 2008, 03:28 PM

No medallion = NARF

ScottH
10th July 2008, 04:01 PM
Swans Email.

MEMBERS ONLY AFTER MATCH FUNCTION
All members are invited to attend our After-match function on Sunday 13 July after the game.

There will be interviews, autographs from the team and merchandise available to purchase.

MCG - Level 1, Rear Atrium, Ponsford Stand <BR>
Please note 2008 membership cards will need to be presented to gain entry. Entry is subject
to capacity

DeadlyAkkuret
10th July 2008, 04:14 PM
But the "I luv Davo" badge will give you away!!

So Hammo and Davo will be in matching badges?

DeadlyAkkuret
10th July 2008, 04:17 PM

That's gold:D

swantastic
10th July 2008, 04:17 PM
Not all Melbourne based members can attend Sydney aftermatch functions, to get in the Noble area you have to show a membership medallion, not all Melb memberships have medallions.To get into AMF's in Sydney i think you have to be at least a Full club member.

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 04:53 PM
To get into AMF's in Sydney i think you have to be at least a Full club member.

True.
We're a very picky lot.

Cher
10th July 2008, 05:01 PM
No medallion = NARF

NARF =?????

reigning premier
10th July 2008, 05:21 PM
To get into AMF's in Sydney i think you have to be at least a Full club member.

And you have to be able to bowl at least 150.....

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 05:22 PM
NARF =?????

C'mon Cher .... not a real fan!!!

(I must admit that I did look it up in the acronym finder first, found it wasn't there, had a good think about it and I think I've got it right.)

reigning premier
10th July 2008, 05:30 PM
C'mon Cher .... not a real fan!!!

(I must admit that I did look it up in the acronym finder first, found it wasn't there, had a good think about it and I think I've got it right.)

Elephant stamp for you Annie....

AnnieH
10th July 2008, 05:33 PM
Elephant stamp for you Annie....

Fanks pal.
(BTW did you give your Mrs my message??)

Glenn
12th July 2008, 12:20 PM
Just here in the Qantas Club lounge (got to love free upgrades to Business class :D)
Quitely confident of a good showing vs the Hawks. :cool:

JF_Bay22_SCG
12th July 2008, 01:05 PM

Is there definitely an aftermatch on sunday? I don't recall there being one thats all.

Bring your memberships you travellers , as you'll need them to get through the doors into the Aftermatch area.

Glenn, I have a spare one for you if you are stuck, but the Undertaker might need it.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
12th July 2008, 01:09 PM
as per usual all are welcome for pizza & shenanicans at Patonys in South Melbourne after the game.

If you are lost & don't know the way, look for the Cheer Squad posse & we can go together on the train & tram.

JF

Glenn
12th July 2008, 04:54 PM
Actually remembered my card this time..:eek:
So should be able to get in on that, cheers JF.

Mrspebbles
12th July 2008, 08:33 PM
I recommend people all head straight for the new (ie right of screen) Ponsford grandstand. Would be great to have that area 70-80% Swans as it has been as some MCG Swans games over the last few years.

Whilst we are at it, I may as well guage interest in getting a group together for a cheap & cheerful breakfast at the Golden Tower on Swanston St at around 9-10am. I am aware that several of the Sydney-based travellers will have been on overnight trains & buses or crack-of dawn flights, so 9am may be good for them.

Anyone up for this? Then we can have a couple of drinks at Young & Jacksons or whereever on the way to the game.

JF

What about us tassie based supporters ???
Breaky sounds good since I'll be starvin after gettin up at 3am leavin home at 4am an on a 6am flight.

See you there

sprite
12th July 2008, 09:25 PM
What about us tassie based supporters ???
Breaky sounds good since I'll be starvin after gettin up at 3am leavin home at 4am an on a 6am flight.

See you there

That's what happens when you live so far from Australia:D

Mrspebbles
12th July 2008, 10:50 PM
That's what happens when you live so far from Australia:D

I use to live in Australia only moved here just over 2yrs ago so I aint 2 headed b4 u comment lol

JF_Bay22_SCG
13th July 2008, 12:05 AM
I use to live in Australia only moved here just over 2yrs ago so I aint 2 headed b4 u comment lol

Why don't you leave the car in Devonport & get a small row boat with Simey? I'm told Bass Straight is rather pleasant this time of year. You'll be at Portsea in no time! :D

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
13th July 2008, 12:07 AM
Latest reports. Hatley has reached Yass & has watched ET on the Firefly. Even said everyone was crying when he died.

Um, fellas, he ISN'T real you know! )Except he looks like Bob Carr!):D

JF

Nico
13th July 2008, 01:20 AM
No sitting for us, we stand on the wing under the Southern Stand right next to the AFL members.

jenky28
13th July 2008, 03:49 AM
Ill be the 1 in the cheersquad! im really hard to pick cos i have 28 on my back and crouch written above it like that is nearly every1 lmao!

Come say hi!

Jenky28

Glenn
13th July 2008, 08:00 AM
Latest reports. Hatley has reached Yass & has watched ET on the Firefly. Even said everyone was crying when he died.

Um, fellas, he ISN'T real you know! )Except he looks like Bob Carr!):D

JF

Hatley going by Firefly...:eek:

JF_Bay22_SCG
13th July 2008, 09:22 AM
Hatley going by Firefly...:eek:

And Boofhead & Scratch on Countrylink.

Wonder if they'll get lost today getting to the ground today again. :rolleyes:

"Ribbett ribbett! :o

JF

Glenn
13th July 2008, 09:43 AM
Probably head to the Dome and turn up at the 'G about the 10min mark of the third quarter.:D