PDA

View Full Version : Please help me win a bet!!!Paul Kelly?

originalswan
11th July 2008, 07:21 PM
I would appreciate it if as many of you as possible could answer the following question (only if you are certain of the answer).

I have a substantial bet with someone who believes that Paul Kelly had dislocated his knee during a match and had to smack it back into place. My understanding is that this only ever happened to Daryn Creswell and Tadhg Kennelly (don't know if he got it back into the socket though). Does anyone know if this ever happened to Paul Kelly???

Plugger46
11th July 2008, 07:43 PM
Nah, I think your mate's confused with Creswell. I'm pretty sure Kel dislocated his knee-cap in the '99 QF final against Essendon. I can't recall him knocking it back into place though.

bedford
11th July 2008, 08:13 PM
it was cresswell playing against Geelong down at that @@@@ hole

WASwansFanatic
11th July 2008, 09:00 PM
Paul Kelly never dislocated his knee.... From memory he did have substantial knee surgery and made his long awaited comeback over here against the Eagles..

573v30
11th July 2008, 09:24 PM
Is this person you had a bet with a Swans fan?

DST
11th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Paul Kelly never dislocated his knee.... From memory he did have substantial knee surgery and made his long awaited comeback over here against the Eagles..

It was Freo and I think he kicked four goals playing forward but we lost the game.

DST
:D

WASwansFanatic
11th July 2008, 09:34 PM
DST I am fairly sure it was West Coast.........shall we have a wager!?!?!?! ;)

Plugger46
11th July 2008, 09:38 PM
Definitely Freo. Would put the house on it.

Damien
11th July 2008, 09:44 PM
DST I am fairly sure it was West Coast.........shall we have a wager!?!?!?! ;)

It was Freo, the game came on 2 minutes late due to something on C7 that day and it opened with Kelly on the bench. I remember being in massive shock!

We got fined as we didn't name him in the team.

cruiser
11th July 2008, 09:52 PM
I have a substantial bet with someone who believes that Paul Kelly had dislocated his knee during a match and had to smack it back into place. My understanding is that this only ever happened to Daryn Creswell and Tadhg Kennelly (don't know if he got it back into the socket though). Does anyone know if this ever happened to Paul Kelly???Congratulations, you will collect a substantial sum of money.

573v30
11th July 2008, 10:00 PM
Kelly's Return - Round 15 2000 vs. Fremantle (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=1218)

/thread

cruiser
11th July 2008, 10:31 PM
Kelly's Return - Round 15 2000 vs. Fremantle (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=1218)

/thread
31 frees to Freo, 12 to Syd - WTF!! 26 scoring shots Syd 23 Freo and they win! Reminds me of the game v the Dogs earlier this season.

reigning premier
11th July 2008, 11:14 PM
The knee was Cressa.. Vs Adelaide at AAMI...

Well that was one of the occassions..

ScottH
12th July 2008, 12:11 PM
Cresswell!!

DeadlyAkkuret
12th July 2008, 02:11 PM
31 frees to Freo, 12 to Syd - WTF!! 26 scoring shots Syd 23 Freo and they win! Reminds me of the game v the Dogs earlier this season.

IIRC we came back from a huge deficit late in the 2nd quater or early in the 3rd, but ran out of legs in the end and lost by about 26 points?

swansrock4eva
12th July 2008, 06:16 PM
The knee was Cressa.. Vs Adelaide at AAMI...

Well that was one of the occassions..

The most highly publicised episode was against Geelong at Skilled in 97 from memory. The irony is that if Cressa had just straightened his leg instead of belting it back in, he'd have saved some of the cartilage that had to be removed due to damage incurred during the belting of the kneecap! :p

sprite
12th July 2008, 09:30 PM
The most highly publicised episode was against Geelong at Skilled in 97 from memory. The irony is that if Cressa had just straightened his leg instead of belting it back in, he'd have saved some of the cartilage that had to be removed due to damage incurred during the belting of the kneecap! :p

I still cringe when I think about it.