PDA

View Full Version : Round 16 - Carlton

Cheer Squad
14th July 2008, 11:41 PM
I suppose if we're to have any chance of a top 4 finish, we must win Sunday's game against Carlton.

For some reason, the move north has done wonders for our competitiveness against the Blues. We've won the past 10 consecutive matches, our most successful winning streak against them, and since 1995, we've won 14 out of 17.

Please win on Sunday! Swans by 9.

573v30
15th July 2008, 12:02 AM
Swans will bounce back against the pretenders. Carlton are fairly one-dimensional when it comes to kicking to the forward line. B2 will line up on Fev and should win the contest, Judd's influence will need to be controlled and the forward line must make amends.

Swans by 35.

mcs
15th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Im not feeling good about this game, but because I booked flights down and am not going now, I reckon we will win just to rub it in. I dont care how we win, we just have to find a win this week.
The next 4 weeks decide our season- win only 2 and imo we are nothing but also runs, win 3 and we have a shot at the 4 and win all 4 and we give ourselves a very good chance of making the 4. They are all winnable games- even though 3 of the 4 will be tough (Freo shouldnt provide too much of a challenge).

hot potato
15th July 2008, 12:16 AM
We will have to tackle Judd to a standstill to win this game. He's almost back to his best.

Jewels
15th July 2008, 12:49 AM
I'm off to Melbourne for the weekend and I'm more than a tad worried as I've never, ever witnessed a Swannies win at the Dome. Really, really hoping that changes this weekend.

Allymay
15th July 2008, 01:33 AM
We really really have to win this week. Not only am I surrounded by Wet Toast supporters (not a problem this year) but I am also surrounded by Carrrlton supporters. They are starting to get a bit cocky lately so we need to take them down a peg or two.

If B2 can annoy Fev enough, maybe Fev will pout, stamp his foot a few times, crack the @@@@s, throw himself on the ground, then go sit in the naughty corner for a few minutes like he did last Friday.

Bloody Hell
15th July 2008, 06:47 AM
I suppose if we're to have any chance of a top 4 finish, we must win Sunday's game against Carlton.

For some reason, the move north has done wonders for our competitiveness against the Blues. We've won the past 10 consecutive matches, our most successful winning streak against them, and since 1995, we've won 14 out of 17.

Please win on Sunday! Swans by 9.

Season defining game against Carlton?!?

Who would have thought it 3 rounds ago?

smasher
15th July 2008, 06:58 AM
Carlton have some very talented,fast midfielders in Judd,Murphy,Gibbs,Stevens,Headland and possibly others.
We should do well in the ruck with Jolly and Spida being far better than the developing Cloke and Cruiser.
They have a fairly good forward line but most say their backline is their nemises.
I saw them on Fridays night and although they were beaten they did put in a good effort.
I think we have the ability and experience to beat them on the weekend.

swantastic
15th July 2008, 08:04 AM
The Swans will win.

BTW if you are coming to the game get down behind the CS at half time to meet other RWO's.

hot potato
16th July 2008, 08:56 PM
We really really have to win this week. Not only am I surrounded by Wet Toast supporters (not a problem this year) but I am also surrounded by Carrrlton supporters. They are starting to get a bit cocky lately so we need to take them down a peg or two.

If B2 can annoy Fev enough, maybe Fev will pout, stamp his foot a few times, crack the @@@@s, throw himself on the ground, then go sit in the naughty corner for a few minutes like he did last Friday.

I hope Fev doesn't hug everything that isn't nailed down like he did after last weeks game. :eek:

DeadlyAkkuret
16th July 2008, 09:07 PM
O'Loughlin to kick 7, all off his left boot.

Bevan to lay sheppard and tackle of the year simultaneously, but in doing so will give a free kick to the opposition.

Spida to turn...eventually.

Leo will duck and weave his way past 17 players and gallop into the forward 50, only to be tackled by the fullback.

Sydney will win by 133 points.

17th July 2008, 02:49 PM
What end are the Cheersquad sitting at this weekend ??
Thanks

reigning premier
17th July 2008, 03:28 PM
What end are the Cheersquad sitting at this weekend ??
Thanks

Opposite end to Carlton cheer squad....

cruiser
17th July 2008, 10:08 PM
We've won the past 10 consecutive matches, our most successful winning streak against them, and since 1995, we've won 14 out of 17. So so sweet. May it continue for at least another 10. :D

Cheer Squad
19th July 2008, 05:26 PM
We are very confident about the result tomorrow. Our tipping record for this year's Melbourne games has not been good, with most people expecting wins against St. Kilda, Geelong, North Melbourne, and Hawthorn. Hope everyone is right this time.

albrotha
19th July 2008, 07:09 PM
Matthews is back. This has got to be a joke!!

albrotha
19th July 2008, 07:17 PM
Game Day Live is not showing Malceski in the starting line up.

573v30
19th July 2008, 07:47 PM
Game Day Live is not showing Malceski in the starting line up.

There's still 18.5 hours before the first bounce. Game Day Live doesn't update the list until ~15 minutes before the start.

GoSouth33
19th July 2008, 11:06 PM
This game worries me as well. Everyone is tipping the Swans to win from what I can see (including all the panel on the Ch 9 footy show last Thursday night which is surprising). North have done us a massive favour by beating the Pies therefore we must win this game to take advantage of this. Ignore the fact that we have a tremendous recent record against the Blues. we also had a good recent record against the Hawks and look where that got us. Oh, BTW, the Sainters just beat the Hawks....yay.....

The Big Cat
20th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Oh, BTW, the Sainters just beat the Hawks....yay.....

I wanted the hawks to win. We can't make the top three and if you check ST K's draw it is super soft. It's very possible they could finish fourth!