PDA

View Full Version : Kieren Jack (merged)

ScottH
22nd July 2008, 01:33 PM
Many people have spoken about the players that lifted and carried us across the line on Sunday.

I thought Jack was one of the lesser lights, but his work rate picked up in during the games, and was another player who gave us a bit more during the game, but hasn't seemed to cop the same praise.

Nothing special, just hard work, tackles, loose ball gets etc.

ShockOfHair
22nd July 2008, 02:22 PM
I think he was on Murphy, kept him to about 10 possessions which is a good result.

A lot has been said about Gibbs' job on Goodes. The real story was how Kirk, Jack and Ablett shut down Judd, Murphy and Stevens. That won the game.

A couple of Jack's (and Moore's) footpasses were sensational.

mcs
22nd July 2008, 02:45 PM
Jack has been quiet the last month or so but I thought he was very very good on Sunday. He keeps showing moments of absolute quality (Pinpoint passes, good tackles etc) that make me think he will be an absolute top notch player. Also seems to have a good motor and will only improve with every game that goes on. I reckon we have a real gem in him, and Moore and Bird may not be too far behind- once they get to 50 odd games we will have a nucleus for our next flag push (And possibly a future leadership group). I just hope that we can over the rest of this season/next year find another 2 or 3 young blokes that can establish themselves int he side so that we can bring 5 or 6 quality youngsters through together.

Goal Sneak
22nd July 2008, 03:11 PM
A couple of Jack's (and Moore's) footpasses were sensational.

And a really great mark in the second half when he got crunched from behind

eggbeater
22nd July 2008, 07:24 PM
Often gets confused for O'Keefe, if he ends up half the player Pebbles is, he will be a star.

NMWBloods
22nd July 2008, 07:26 PM
A lot of I50s too IIRC.

Seagoon
23rd July 2008, 02:34 PM
Hi all, nice to be on this forum. Im not an AFL expert but I love the swannies and this game.

I'm a league convert, and was a Balmain fan who loved watching Gary Jack play - that is Kierens Jack's old man. He was a tough player and a great fullback, who had this ability to not only make a point-saving tackle, but to smash the opposition player in the process. And a great ball runner. Great to watch. And so I love watching Jack jnr play- he just goes hard - like big Merv Hughes did.

With the Carlton game last w/e, I thought Kieren Jack played better when he was involved in the clearances after the centre bounce. Thats what it seemed like anyhow. He really had a chance to do some attacking rather than tackling and tagging, and seemed really effective in that position/ Any thoughts, or was i dreaming?

Cheers,
Jon

Triple B
23rd July 2008, 03:44 PM
I have little doubt that Kizza will eventually become the dynamic midfielder we hope, but at the moment he's in a learning phase and being given the tagging jobs as so many elite midfielders in the past have been given at the beginning of their career.

I just wish that Roosey would give him a break from those responsibilities occasionally when the opposition is right and let him run loose as an attacking midfielder for a game. This week seems one of those weeks he could be let off the chain, the Crows don't have a whole host of midfielders who need to be closed down.

Let's hope.

hot potato
23rd July 2008, 06:34 PM
I like his GABLETT like kicking style, he is starting to hit targets.
Good story about him and his Dad on 60 mins recently.

hot potato
23rd July 2008, 06:44 PM
Hi all, nice to be on this forum. Im not an AFL expert but I love the swannies and this game.

I'm a league convert, and was a Balmain fan who loved watching Gary Jack play - that is Kierens Jack's old man. He was a tough player and a great fullback, who had this ability to not only make a point-saving tackle, but to smash the opposition player in the process. And a great ball runner. Great to watch. And so I love watching Jack jnr play- he just goes hard - like big Merv Hughes did.

With the Carlton game last w/e, I thought Kieren Jack played better when he was involved in the clearances after the centre bounce. Thats what it seemed like anyhow. He really had a chance to do some attacking rather than tackling and tagging, and seemed really effective in that position/ Any thoughts, or was i dreaming?
Jon

You don't have to be an expert to join this forum altho' many of us think we are.:D

satchmopugdog
23rd July 2008, 08:34 PM
I love it when Kieran plays on Gary Ablett jr....both SOLGs...sons of Legend Garys.

goswannie14
23rd July 2008, 08:40 PM
I love it when Kieran plays on Gary Ablett jr....both SOLGs...sons of Legend Garys.I though it was going to be Sons of living gods!

Goal Sneak
24th July 2008, 12:41 AM
he just goes hard - like big Merv Hughes did.

I reckon that's the first time Keiran has ever been compared to big Merv! I love it!

ScottH
24th July 2008, 07:12 AM
I reckon that's the first time Keiran has ever been compared to big Merv! I love it!

I hope he is not as affectionate towards his captain(s) as big Merv was.

Triple B
24th July 2008, 01:24 PM
I hope he is not as affectionate towards his captain(s) as big Merv was.

I don't think his tongue is long enough :p

Seagoon
24th July 2008, 02:50 PM
haha the old tounge in the ear trick...! errrh hahaha