HB: Craig Bolton, Ted Richards, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Matthew O?Dwyer, Jarrad McVeigh, Craig Bird
HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Adam Goodes, Luke Ablett
F: Henry Playfair, Barry Hall, Jarred Moore
Foll: Darren Jolly, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
I/C: Peter Everitt, Kieren Jack, Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy
EMG: Luke Brennan, Ben Mathews, Nick Smith

In: Hall, Malceski
Out: Leo Barry (hamstring), Michael O'Loughlin (ankle)

Official Website of the Australian Football League > NEWS ARTICLE > Teams: round 17 (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=64058)

TheMase
24th July 2008, 06:17 PM
SYDNEY SWANS v ADELAIDE
Sydney Swans
B: Paul Bevan, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Martin Mattner
HB: Craig Bolton, Ted Richards, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Matthew O?Dwyer, Jarrad McVeigh, Craig Bird
HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Adam Goodes, Luke Ablett
F: Henry Playfair, Barry Hall, Jarred Moore
Foll: Darren Jolly, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
I/C: Peter Everitt, Kieren Jack, Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy
EMG: Luke Brennan, Ben Mathews, Nick Smith

In: Hall, Malceski
Out: Leo Barry (hamstring), Michael O'Loughlin (ankle)

TheMase
24th July 2008, 06:19 PM
Just noticed Hammo posting this at the same time. Please delete this duplicate.

ugg
24th July 2008, 06:21 PM
wow, Adelaide dropped Johncock

Adelaide

B: Massie, Rutten, Bassett
HB: Symes, Bock, Doughty
C: van Berlo, Goodwin, Vince
HF: McLeod, Gill, Douglas
F: Porplyzia, Tippett, Knights
R: Maric, Thompson, Edwards
Int: Shirley, Mackay, Stevens, Campbell
Emerg: Moran, Otten, Petrenko

In to 22: Porplyzia, Gill, Mackay
Out of 22: Jericho (hamstring), Johncock, Moran

Claret
24th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Hmmm, Porplyzia - good for my Dream Team at least.

Dangerous player though, great hands.

573v30
24th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Great to see Hall cured. :D

Will the selectors stop choosing Mathews?

DeadlyAkkuret
24th July 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm glad Grundy is getting another game. I'd like to see him in the side for atleast a month so we can see what he's got.

sharp9
24th July 2008, 06:39 PM
I agree, I'd really like top see him have a proper run at fullback.

Good to see MOD get two in a row....hopefully he gets more of the football this week!

ShockOfHair
24th July 2008, 06:40 PM
Dangerous player though, great hands.

But weak shoulder. I hope it gets a thorough testing.

573v30
24th July 2008, 06:45 PM
But weak shoulder. I hope it gets a thorough testing.

That's the job for Goodes, but I don't think he's a protected species anymore... :(

ugg
24th July 2008, 06:46 PM
Field umpires: Vozzo, Armstrong, McInerney

Robbo
24th July 2008, 06:48 PM
So if a midfielder pulls out, Mathews is in?

Surely there's someone else we could name as an emergency instead of him. The man should not even get a sniff of playing another game of AFL footy.

TheMase
24th July 2008, 06:53 PM
So if a midfielder pulls out, Mathews is in?

Or Smith..

robbieando
24th July 2008, 07:21 PM
Or Smith..

Considering Smith replaced Malceski two weeks ago against the Hawks my money would be on him if there were to be any late changes regarding midfielders or running defenders. Mathews was only in Melbourne, dressed and ready to play last weekend in case of someone getting injured during the on ground warm up rather than Smith because they rather have Smith play in the reserves rather than miss a week of football "just in case" like Mathews did.

Doubt Mathews would get picked over Smith as the late call up this weekend because the game is in Sydney and they can have him play in the reserves until Half Time if need be (has been done once already this year)

liz
24th July 2008, 07:36 PM
Considering Smith replaced Malceski two weeks ago against the Hawks my money would be on him if there were to be any late changes regarding midfielders or running defenders. Mathews was only in Melbourne, dressed and ready to play last weekend in case of someone getting injured during the on ground warm up rather than Smith because they rather have Smith play in the reserves rather than miss a week of football "just in case" like Mathews did.

Doubt Mathews would get picked over Smith as the late call up this weekend because the game is in Sydney and they can have him play in the reserves until Half Time if need be (has been done once already this year)

Except that Smith was also in Melbourne last week. (He spent the game sitting next to Baz in the coaches' box.) And there is no reserves game this weekend.

Industrial Fan
24th July 2008, 07:51 PM

Doubt Mathews would get picked over Smith as the late call up this weekend because the game is in Sydney and they can have him play in the reserves until Half Time if need be (has been done once already this year)I thought if a player got injured during the warm up it was tough titties?

Bradshaw missed a game against West Coast (2004?) when he got injured before the game. I think he did a hammy?

TheMase
24th July 2008, 08:06 PM
I thought if a player got injured during the warm up it was tough titties?

Bradshaw missed a game against West Coast (2004?) when he got injured before the game. I think he did a hammy?

You're allowed to replace players within our emergency list. Outside of that, we can, but we'll be fined.

Industrial Fan
24th July 2008, 08:07 PM
I dont think that's correct if they take the field (and get injured during the warm up).

TheMase
24th July 2008, 08:17 PM
I dont think that's correct if they take the field (and get injured during the warm up).

Warmup is regarded as in the sheds, rather than once on the ground. That is what I meant anyway.

Industrial Fan
24th July 2008, 08:24 PM
To clarify - I believe if a player gets injured during the on field warmup, then they cannot be replaced.

goswannie14
24th July 2008, 08:40 PM
I think, a player can be injured and replaced if they are injured during the onfield warm up that is 30 minutes before the game. IIRC the team lists are lodged after that warm up.

sharp9
24th July 2008, 08:43 PM
To clarify - I believe if a player gets injured during the on field warmup, then they cannot be replaced.If you mean the kicks after the banner run through you are right. If it's the longer "proper" warm up then he can be replaced. Happened plenty of times.