PDA

View Full Version : Bazz, it's time.

Beer Baron
26th July 2008, 10:38 PM
Bazza, Bazza, Bazza,

Mate all I can do is shake my head sadly. I hate to do it, but I have to compare you right now to a non playing Fraser Gehrig. Mate you suck and blow, you distract the rest of the team for actually trying to play like a, hmmmm wait for it, "a team". Wow thats a different thought now isn't it? Dont try and come back from the dead... just settle down and write some articles or commentate frome the sidelines, I would suggest the box, but we all know that does take at least a little bit of brains. So actually why dont you just pursue your brain dead boxing dream like another of the countries "greats", mundine for instance, he's an absolute dead head wanker... and he somehow still has a name for himself, just do it and do the Sydney Sweans fans a favour. The swans do soooo much better without you, because they actually know how to catch, kick, handball.... well why sum it up, surely you know what you can't do? Or is it denial thats stopping you from doing what is right? I mean let's face it. You got hand, thigh and eye surgery in the off season and you still cant play well, look at the in loss ratio without you...... so from a die hard swans fan... I say @@@@ off.

Robbo
26th July 2008, 10:43 PM
Pretty harsh but I agree with the sentiment.

He needs to go but won't.

CureTheSane
26th July 2008, 10:45 PM
Bazza, Bazza, Bazza,

Mate all I can do is shake my head sadly. I hate to do it, but I have to compare you right now to a non playing Fraser Gehrig. Mate you suck and blow, you distract the rest of the team for actually trying to play like a, hmmmm wait for it, "a team". Wow thats a different thought now isn't it? Dont try and come back from the dead... just settle down and write some articles or commentate frome the sidelines, I would suggest the box, but we all know that does take at least a little bit of brains. So actually why dont you just pursue your brain dead boxing dream like another of the countries "greats", mundine for instance, he's an absolute dead head wanker... and he somehow still has a name for himself, just do it and do the Sydney Sweans fans a favour. The swans do soooo much better without you, because they actually know how to catch, kick, handball.... well why sum it up, surely you know what you can't do? Or is it denial thats stopping you from doing what is right? I mean let's face it. You got hand, thigh and eye surgery in the off season and you still cant play well, look at the in loss ratio without you...... so from a die hard swans fan... I say @@@@ off.
........ok.......

A scape goat for the game.
Well done.

Robbo
26th July 2008, 10:46 PM
........ok.......

A scape goat for the game.
Well done.

Do you think he deserves a spot in the 22 next week?

Foreign Legion
26th July 2008, 10:52 PM
Join date Jul 08

reeks of credibility.

He'll get better, he was too scared to touch anyone tonight. Don't forget he has kick 550 goals and is not too old yet.

I'll back him to come good within 2 weeks - possibly next week.

sWAns63
26th July 2008, 10:52 PM
I would wait see what he does against the Dockers in 2 weeks time if he fails there give someone else a go...............but no wouldn't drop him yet.

Kaptain Kouta
26th July 2008, 10:54 PM
You'd be better off trading him at the end of the year while he still has value. Looks like he's reached the end of the line there, and he's well and truly stretching Roos' "no dickhead" rule.

Ship Goodes while you're at it too. Poor game tonight, especially after having his pants pulled down by a 19 year old last week.

I agree with the sentiment that you're better without him, I would have been way happier for my guys to have faced yours with Hall in. You're far more unpredictable without him.

Glenn
26th July 2008, 10:55 PM
Looked ok pre brain snap 1, wouldn't write him off just yet.

Foreign Legion
26th July 2008, 10:58 PM
You'd be better off trading him at the end of the year while he still has value. Looks like he's reached the end of the line there, and he's well and truly stretching Roos' "no dickhead" rule.

Ship Goodes while you're at it too. Poor game tonight, especially after having his pants pulled down by a 19 year old last week.

I agree with the sentiment that you're better without him, I would have been way happier for my guys to have faced yours with Hall in. You're far more unpredictable without him.

Thanks Kaptain and who would you suggest we make President?

Yep, Goodes is finished. I don't think he will ever get a Brownlow vote again! BTW are you on Betfair?

How did the 19yo go at the 28min mark of the last qtr against a man who is injured? GOAL....easy at that too.

Hope you enjoyed it. By the way - when you beat us their is an eclipse of the Sun due.

lwjoyner
26th July 2008, 11:05 PM
I dont know if anyone here understands the game you need the ball delivered properly in the forward line and we dont. Play BH at CHF and let him run around and not be the focal point. You cant blame him.

sWAns63
26th July 2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe Hall will go but Goodes has a bad groin he probably shouldn't of even played.

Nico
26th July 2008, 11:13 PM
I dont know if anyone here understands the game you need the ball delivered properly in the forward line and we dont. Play BH at CHF and let him run around and not be the focal point. You cant blame him.

But when it is delivered to him he drops chest marks. Barry is very overrated.

Someone said he had a brain snap, correct. Sometimes when a brain snaps it is never the same again. He is over 30, the odds of him capturing his 2005 form are very long indeed. He had genuine trouble bending over to contest a ball on the ground.

Kaptain Kouta
26th July 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks Kaptain and who would you suggest we make President?

Yep, Goodes is finished. I don't think he will ever get a Brownlow vote again! BTW are you on Betfair?

How did the 19yo go at the 28min mark of the last qtr against a man who is injured? GOAL....easy at that too.

Hope you enjoyed it. By the way - when you beat us their is an eclipse of the Sun due.

I didn't say Goodes is finished, I opined that he is going through the sort of extended poor patch which even the great motivator himself Paul Roos can't pull him out of.

He plays like a man frustrated, taking the easy options and cheap shots over the hard work consistently this year.

Anyway, that's for another time, this thread is about Hall.

You're hilarious. Next time, though, look up the difference between "their" and "there" (and "they're", while you're at it)

573v30
26th July 2008, 11:15 PM
Judd's not looking too good eh?

pig@fullforward
26th July 2008, 11:17 PM
I think that poor Hall was trying to fight through 2 guys to get to the ball & also he has to concentrate on not being angry!

i'm-uninformed2
26th July 2008, 11:19 PM
I will allow a little bit for the poor delivery but he looked too robotic - much like RP McMurphy at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest after the electric shock therapy

Kaptain Kouta
26th July 2008, 11:21 PM
Judd's not looking too good eh?

Looking better than Hall;)

AlexC
26th July 2008, 11:27 PM
everyone has just got to relax, I understand you need to vent your anger out on someone or something but this is sport and sometimes this is how it goes. Hall's first game back, pointless but you can't blame the guy for being tag teamed and having to lead outwide. He will probably hit form soon... well some form anyways, and then everyone will love him, as mentioned he probably didn't play as well as we would of liked because he was kept under such tight control and most likely wasn't trying to get angry, but we will see, he's got maybe a couple of years left, hopefully he tries to make the most of them

mcs
26th July 2008, 11:32 PM
Im sure Goodes shouldnt have played. Seemed to barely be interested, I expect because he is simply not fit. We desperately need him right for next week as it really is now a must win.

As for Hall, was lucky to have two or 3 occasions tonight where it wasnt about 17 on 1. I was worried he might crack again. Certainly was a poor performance, but that goes for almost everyone on the field imo.

liz
26th July 2008, 11:33 PM
He was playing in a forward line with 8 or 9 pairs of players, thanks to Craig's love of flooding and Roos love of matching up spare men in defence. The delivery to him was abominable. He didn't have a good game but did anyone in the forward line have anything remotely approaching a good game tonight?

Nico
26th July 2008, 11:41 PM
everyone has just got to relax, I understand you need to vent your anger out on someone or something but this is sport and sometimes this is how it goes. Hall's first game back, pointless but you can't blame the guy for being tag teamed and having to lead outwide. He will probably hit form soon... well some form anyways, and then everyone will love him, as mentioned he probably didn't play as well as we would of liked because he was kept under such tight control and most likely wasn't trying to get angry, but we will see, he's got maybe a couple of years left, hopefully he tries to make the most of them

He almost always leads wide but doesn't have the nous to do numerous leads, back track etc. He is not able to adjust his game to any degree whatsoever and does not have the speed to get more than a centimentre on his man on a lead, and when he does he drops chest marks.

Lucky Knickers
26th July 2008, 11:45 PM
He was playing in a forward line with 8 or 9 pairs of players, thanks to Craig's love of flooding and Roos love of matching up spare men in defence. The delivery to him was abominable. He didn't have a good game but did anyone in the forward line have anything remotely approaching a good game tonight?
Thank you Liz. Craig proves that the flood is alive and well. I was screaming for Moses to part the waters or even Noah to build a freakin ark to float us into our F50!
Skills were pathetic from the opening bounce.
Let me start by trying to be positive and find one player that was clean with their disposal tonight.....ahmmm....uhmmmm.......ermhhhh........I can't.
We would have got smashed by 50+ if not for ROK.
He must be a smokey for Charlie?

26th July 2008, 11:46 PM
People are idiots with short memories. Baz played some of his best footy at the start of the year. Way ahead of where he was last year. Now people want him culled?

Idiots.

Give the guy a break and wait to see what he does come finals.

mulfa
26th July 2008, 11:51 PM
PI** HIM OFF

his problem is application and responseabillty, he has zero at the moment and little at the best of time's.

Robbo
26th July 2008, 11:56 PM
People are idiots with short memories. Baz played some of his best footy at the start of the year. Way ahead of where he was last year. Now people want him culled?

Idiots.

We have to make the finals first mate.

Goal Sneak
27th July 2008, 12:01 AM
Unbelievable! Why would we even think of dropping Hall when we have no one to replace him? He was in his first game back, marked by one of the best defenders in the game, with terrible delivery into our F50 all night. I only recall him dropping one chest mark all night (though even then he had to slide into a catching position). The midfield stopped and propped all night which allowed crows to get back and block up all his space. This loss was not Barry's fault.

Foreign Legion
27th July 2008, 12:02 AM
I didn't say Goodes is finished, I opined that he is going through the sort of extended poor patch which even the great motivator himself Paul Roos can't pull him out of.

He plays like a man frustrated, taking the easy options and cheap shots over the hard work consistently this year.

Anyway, that's for another time, this thread is about Hall.

You're hilarious. Next time, though, look up the difference between "their" and "there" (and "they're", while you're at it)

You "opined", are you sure you barrack for Carlton? Yes, I made a mistake with they're you got me there (hope I'm right).

Anyway what cheap shots did he take tonight oh wise one?

You're pretty hilarious too Kaptain - how are the Blues tracking at the minute? Maybe top 10 is a chance or should you start tanking now?

Seeya next year.

Beer Baron
27th July 2008, 12:22 AM
Well, well, well,

A spark of life I see from my fellow bloods lovers. Perhaps some of you miss my point in starting this thread so I will ellaborate on my examplery biased opionated argument... heh, i like that.

For starters I wish to state that I do not hold big sloppy bad bum bazza as the be all and end all of the failure of the swans to get over the line.... not at all. He just sucked, so did all the swannies out on the field. It was sloppy. It was reserve grade footy. There was no real accuracy, courage, discipline or consistency from any of the players. And yes I tag each and every one of them with a harsh accusation. Plain and simple they both sucked and blowed tonight... end of story.

But what I was aiming at was Barry Hall, played like sloppy warm @@@@..... Big bad Barry Hall played like sloppy warm @@@@ 3 weeks ago against Collingwood, got frustrated and couldnt even throw a decent punch, and seriously thats really bad for him. The week before, sure he kicked a bag of 5 against Melbourne, but @@@@ my little Maltese dog could kick a bag of 5 against Melbourne. I know I could kick at least 1.

What I am saying is he's gone. Eye surgery can't even help him take a chest mark.... A chest mark?!?!? the most easy 'contested' mark to take in the comp. What the hell is the go with that????

As far someone (and I cant be bothered quoting to humilate them) saying wait until he plays against Fremantl. Hmmm yeah Fremantle, well hell thats like playing against Melbourne!! Who cares?!?!?

Seriously Baz... go home dude... please just go home open the cupboard, get behind the racks of clothes and hide.... hide for 12 weeks and then come out and annoucne your retirement..... If you love the swans, if you love the code then do it. For the greater good man, im begging you.

Foreign Legion
27th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Well, well, well,

A spark of life I see from my fellow bloods lovers. Perhaps some of you miss my point in starting this thread so I will ellaborate on my examplery biased opionated argument... heh, i like that.

For starters I wish to state that I do not hold big sloppy bad bum bazza as the be all and end all of the failure of the swans to get over the line.... not at all. He just sucked, so did all the swannies out on the field. It was sloppy. It was reserve grade footy. There was no real accuracy, courage, discipline or consistency from any of the players. And yes I tag each and every one of them with a harsh accusation. Plain and simple they both sucked and blowed tonight... end of story.

But what I was aiming at was Barry Hall, played like sloppy warm @@@@..... Big bad Barry Hall played like sloppy warm @@@@ 3 weeks ago against Collingwood, got frustrated and couldnt even throw a decent punch, and seriously thats really bad for him. The week before, sure he kicked a bag of 5 against Melbourne, but @@@@ my little Maltese dog could kick a bag of 5 against Melbourne. I know I could kick at least 1.

What I am saying is he's gone. Eye surgery can't even help him take a chest mark.... A chest mark?!?!? the most easy 'contested' mark to take in the comp. What the hell is the go with that????

As far someone (and I cant be bothered quoting to humilate them) saying wait until he plays against Fremantl. Hmmm yeah Fremantle, well hell thats like playing against Melbourne!! Who cares?!?!?

Seriously Baz... go home dude... please just go home open the cupboard, get behind the racks of clothes and hide.... hide for 12 weeks and then come out and annoucne your retirement..... If you love the swans, if you love the code then do it. For the greater good man, im begging you.

Right, so a bloke who has kicked 550+ goals should give it away because of 2 indiscretions and one bad game. Really!

Beer Baron
27th July 2008, 12:38 AM
550 goals, so what? Everyone has their time, he has had it. Its performance now. He can't perform, drop him. Make him retire, he's not a gun. He's gone, the dream is over. Give it up. stop clutching at straws.

Any more expressions I can use here??

Foreign Legion
27th July 2008, 12:40 AM
Join date July 2008 BB? - Maybe you've been supping into too much of your favorite beverage.

Very peculiar I would have thought. You don't have a barrow to push re: Hall do you?

So how many times do you give someone who has kicked that many goals a chance?

I await your response with interest.

dendol
27th July 2008, 12:43 AM
Well, well, well,

Seriously Baz... go home dude... please just go home open the cupboard, get behind the racks of clothes and hide.... hide for 12 weeks and then come out and annoucne your retirement..... If you love the swans, if you love the code then do it. For the greater good man, im begging you.hope the alcohol wears off by tomorrow morning..

Matt79
27th July 2008, 12:45 AM
Join date July 2008 BB? -

Beer Baron = Mr Staker!!??!! :p

Swansinger
27th July 2008, 12:50 AM
Hall will be out next week.
Some promising bloke called Grant Brecht is coming in for him.
Haven't seen Brecht play , but apparently Roos rates him highly -
reckons he's almost TOO good at what he does:D

bloods2005
27th July 2008, 12:56 AM
nah Barry will play i reckon, give him a chance i reckon, he will come good. he showed signs of it before his big suspension early this year, i might add that it didnt help him tonight when the whole team was playing crap (bar OKEEFE)

Foreign Legion
27th July 2008, 01:00 AM

Wish I knew but he's probably best ignored from here on.

Beer Baron
27th July 2008, 01:11 AM
Join date July 2008 BB? - Maybe you've been supping into too much of your favorite beverage.

Very perculiar I would have thought. You don't have a barrow to push re: Hall do you?

So how many times do you give someone who has kicked that many goals a chance?

I await your response with interest.

Ok let's go....

Barry Hall 2005

Kicks HandBalls Disposals Marks Goals Behinds
299 91 390 206 80 41
hmmm pretty damn good baz for a premiership season

283 82 365 216 78 38
Well nearly as good, but defending premiership player their is some excuse.

176 62 238 135 44 30
ooooh.... ouch.

2008 so far
93 14 107 70 18 22
hmmm trend??
- (stats from finalsiren.com)

Ok so let's see. Well Bob Skilton as we cann all no doubt say one of our pasts best. He retired because its the way of things, the old has to make way for the new.

What about; Bedford? Quade? Teasdale? Lockett? Kelly? They made way for the new.

My final point here is Mikey-O. There's talk of him retiring next year, but yet he's kicking goals. He plays well and plays like a team member. He doesn't have a bad attitude that rub off on other younger players. He will leave the Swans on a good note, on a high note that will sing his praise as one of our best. The only chance Bazz has of meeting such a note is leaving, maybe not now but definetly at the end of the season.... agin I say just go Baz...

You've done a good job in the past, but like all things in the past thats over now.... your like a memory, you can't provide any new information. It's gone.......

Beer Baron
27th July 2008, 01:13 AM
Wish I knew but he's probably best ignored from here on.

Probably, yes. That'd help your argument now wouldn't it.

;)

TheMase
27th July 2008, 01:19 AM
this loss is making people talk a little crazy.. Hall was very obviously not himself tonight. Was very wary of how he approached the contest. Lets give him a week or two before he is written off.

SassySwan
27th July 2008, 01:20 AM
You boys might like to take it outside!! I hear Bazza is giving boxing lessons!!

Mike_B
27th July 2008, 01:52 AM
Not saying that he should go, but even Luffy gave Baz the 3 MMM votes for @@@, with Goodes 2 and Bevan 1.

Robbo
27th July 2008, 02:20 AM
Right, so a bloke who has kicked 550+ goals should give it away because of 2 indiscretions and one bad game. Really!

One bad game?

You're joking.

Beer Baron
27th July 2008, 11:46 AM

Yeah like Staker would be the only AFL players that hates Barry Hall.

Goal Sneak
27th July 2008, 01:31 PM
Ok let's go....

Barry Hall 2005

299 91 390 206 80 41
hmmm pretty damn good baz for a premiership season

283 82 365 216 78 38
Well nearly as good, but defending premiership player their is some excuse.

176 62 238 135 44 30
ooooh.... ouch.

2008 so far
93 14 107 70 18 22
hmmm trend??
- (stats from finalsiren.com)

Interesting that you have proved yourself to have no idea with your own argument.

These stats are missing one vital piece of information, games played. Of course Barry's stats are down on 2005 when he has played 26 games compared to 8 games in 2008.

Lets look at average Kicks, Handballs, Disposals, Marks, Goals and Behinds rather than totals and compare them to when you admit Hall was at his best.

2005 - 2008
Kicks - 11.5 - 11.63
Handballs - 3.5 - 1.75
Disposals - 15.0 - 13.75
Marks - 7.9 - 8.75
Goals - 3.1 - 2.3
Behinds - 1.6 - 2.75

So, he is getting more kicks, less handballs, more marks and less than one less goal per game in 2008 compared to 2005.

Everyone knows he had a shocker in 2007, mainly due to injury. No one is defending his discipline which has kept him from playing this year. But even with his poor games against Collingwood and Adelaide, he is doing o.k.

From what I can see, Halls only downside this year is that he is not converting as many scoring shots into goals. This is something that can easily be fixed, especially with a bit more game time.

Jewels
27th July 2008, 10:18 PM
I will allow a little bit for the poor delivery but he looked too robotic - much like RP McMurphy at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest after the electric shock therapy

Hahaha, I made that exact same analogy at the game last night.

Beer Baron
28th July 2008, 10:12 AM
Everyone knows he had a shocker in 2007, mainly due to injury. No one is defending his discipline which has kept him from playing this year. But even with his poor games against Collingwood and Adelaide, he is doing o.k.

Once a shocker always a shocker. Take your man crush elsewhere.

:p :p

cressakel
28th July 2008, 10:50 AM

Idiots.

The only good post - along with Liz - re this thread. Those bagging Bazza have seriously no idea. The guy starred against Port & Brisbane (in Brisbane) in Rounds 2 & 3 when the ball was delivered at least half decently, did OK in his comeback game from suspension against St.Kilda and starred against Melbourne next game where he should have kicked 8 or 9 but ended up with 5.6 and two assists. He played terrible against Collingwood and couldn't get in the game on Sat night - but Fevola or Franklin would have struggled with Adelaide's @@@@e game plan and the non-delivery of the Swans midfield.

I'm predicting eight this week against that imposter Lake and then hopefully you ill-informed rabbits will SHUT THE @@@@@@@ UP FOR AT LEAST A WEEK !!

Beer Baron
28th July 2008, 01:27 PM
The only good post - along with Liz - re this thread. Those bagging Bazza have seriously no idea. The guy starred against Port & Brisbane (in Brisbane) in Rounds 2 & 3 when the ball was delivered at least half decently, did OK in his comeback game from suspension against St.Kilda and starred against Melbourne next game where he should have kicked 8 or 9 but ended up with 5.6 and two assists. He played terrible against Collingwood and couldn't get in the game on Sat night - but Fevola or Franklin would have struggled with Adelaide's @@@@e game plan and the non-delivery of the Swans midfield.

I'm predicting eight this week against that imposter Lake and then hopefully you ill-informed rabbits will SHUT THE @@@@@@@ UP FOR AT LEAST A WEEK !!

ROFL

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 01:37 PM
Join date Jul 08

reeks of credibility.

He'll get better, he was too scared to touch anyone tonight. Don't forget he has kick 550 goals and is not too old yet.

I'll back him to come good within 2 weeks - possibly next week.

I'm sorry.
How long do you have to post for before you are "credible"??
I forgot.

ernie koala
28th July 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry.
How long do you have to post for before you are "credible"??
I forgot.

Your right Annie, it's of no relevance when he joined here, but........
Foreign Legion should take his own advise ...ignore him.

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 03:13 PM
Your right Annie, it's of no relevance when he joined here, but........
Foreign Legion should take his own advise ...ignore him.

Beer Baron has admitted to being a die hard swans fan.
Give the guy a break.
Barry should sit down and take a good hard look at himself.
At one stage on saturday night, he stood there having a hissy fit at the umpire (when it wasn't warranted) whilst his direct opponent got the ball, ran away with it and they ended up scoring a goal.

If you can't kick a goal Blind Barry, it's time for less hissy fits and more chasing and tackling.

ernie koala
28th July 2008, 03:27 PM
Beer Baron has admitted to being a die hard swans fan.
Give the guy a break.
Barry should sit down and take a good hard look at himself.
At one stage on saturday night, he stood there having a hissy fit at the umpire (when it wasn't warranted) whilst his direct opponent got the ball, ran away with it and they ended up scoring a goal.

If you can't kick a goal Blind Barry, it's time for less hissy fits and more chasing and tackling.

I agree BBBH's form/ attitude has been up and down at best. But I also agree with others, that let's let him string a few more games together before righting him off. One thing he has got, on recent form, is plenty of upside if he gets going.

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 03:32 PM
I agree BBBH's form/ attitude has been up and down at best. But I also agree with others, that let's let him string a few more games together before righting him off. One thing he has got, on recent form, is plenty of upside if he gets going.

Well he'd better hurry up and get going ... there are only 5 games left.

NMWBloods
28th July 2008, 03:36 PM
One thing he has got, on recent form, is plenty of upside if he gets going.Still not sure about that - like last year he has only beaten up crappy teams.

ernie koala
28th July 2008, 03:43 PM
Well he'd better hurry up and get going ... there are only 5 games left.

He's played 3 games since April 12, he's since been stitched up by a psych, had it all played out in the media. And your telling me to give that other BBBB( Boofheaded Boffin Beer Baran) a break.:confused:

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 03:48 PM
He's played 3 games since April 12, he's since been stitched up by a psych, had it all played out in the media. And your telling me to give that other BBBB( Boofheaded Boffin Beer Baran) a break.:confused:

Blind Barry only has himself to blame.
He should learn to keep his fists to himself.

ernie koala
28th July 2008, 03:54 PM

Once again I agree with you...but I still hold hope for him playing well again.....soon.

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:04 PM

Hey Einstein's - let's not forget Beautiful Brilliant Beguiling Barnstorming Barry Hall is a PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN, three time All-Australian, six time leading goalkicker and match-winner with a couple of indiscretions (GRANTED - big one's at that although, all gifted people have glaring faults) this season.

It is only a matter of WHEN he will regain his touch and form - I predict this weekend against that lemonnnnnnnnnnnn (just singing U2's version as I type...) Brian Lake.

Bazza has let us down this year, but no more than Goodesy's inconsistency (drives me crazy), O'Keefe's goalkicking (now he should consult a psych), LRT full stop, playing Playfair of Davis (joke - Playfair couldn't catch a cold, let alone chase which is what they accused Davis of not doing and consequently dropped him for that reason. Davis is the only bloke I have confidence in kicking for goal as well) and not so Leaping Leo trying to dance around opponents and getting caught holding the ball at critical moments in games.

NB: I'd hate to see what you guys would do to your kids, family, friends and/or work colleagues if you treated them the way you are treating an absolute champion of this club and one who has brought so much joy (ie. the flag in '05 WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT BARRY HALL).

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 04:07 PM
NB: I'd hate to see what you guys would do to your kids, family, friends and/or work colleagues if you treated them the way you are treating an absolute champion of this club and one who has brought so much joy (ie. the flag in '05 WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT BARRY HALL).

Rubbish.
***CHOKE****Wouldn't have happened without Davo.***CHOKE***

The only reason Blind Barry was captain that day is because it was his turn.

Blind Barry alone DID NOT win us a premiership.

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:20 PM
Rubbish.
***CHOKE****Wouldn't have happened without Davo.***CHOKE***

The only reason Blind Barry was captain that day is because it was his turn.

Blind Barry alone DID NOT win us a premiership.

Correct - Barry Hall's contribution that season (not on the day itself) got the Swans to a GF and a premiership. Although, Barry's two goals did prove to be the difference as the result would have been an 8pt win to Wet Toast without Barry.

Correct - it was his turn (I do know that). BUT HE WAS THE CAPTAIN ON THE DAY AND IS A PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN - FACT. FACT - STEVE BRADBURY IS A GOLD MEDALIST.

ROK Lobster
28th July 2008, 04:25 PM
Correct - Barry Hall's contribution that season (not on the day itself) got the Swans to a GF and a premiership. Although, Barry's two goals did prove to be the difference as the result would have been an 8pt win to Wet Toast without Barry.

Correct - it was his turn (I do know that). BUT HE WAS THE CAPTAIN ON THE DAY AND IS A PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN - FACT. FACT - STEVE BRADBURY IS A GOLD MEDALIST.Steady on Cressa - don't want to fall out of your wheelchair.

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:28 PM
Steady on Cressa - don't want to fall out of your wheelchair.

Thanks ROK - good to see someone remembers the exchanges betw Luffy and I.....

I like your style as well - stirring up all comers with your posts over the years....

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 04:30 PM

Correct - it was his turn (I do know that). BUT HE WAS THE CAPTAIN ON THE DAY AND IS A PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN - FACT. FACT - STEVE BRADBURY IS A GOLD MEDALIST.

Or a 2 point win if you're not counting the goal that disgraced ex-west coast budgie criminal fallen star ben cousins got from Ablett kicking it to him in the goal square.

You can't say that ONLY one person's contribution to the day won us the game. One person's contribution could have easily lost us the game. One "contribution" that could have possibly won us the game was the mark Leo Barry took.

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:35 PM
Or a 2 point win if you're not counting the goal that disgraced ex-west coast budgie criminal fallen star ben cousins got from Ablett kicking it to him in the goal square.

You can't say that ONLY one person's contribution to the day won us the game. One person's contribution could have easily lost us the game. The "contribution" that won us the game was the mark Leo Barry took.

Yep, I am. Because the game (ie. the GF) wouldn't have happened without Bazza's contributions/stellar season and therefore Davis' effort in the Semi and Leo's mark would have been null and void.

In the game itself, the single contribution that won us the game was Buchanan's goal as it put us in front.

ROK Lobster
Thanks ROK - good to see someone remembers the exchanges betw Luffy and I.....

I like your style as well - stirring up all comers with your posts over the years....Mate, I only raise it because it was one of my all time favourite RWO exchanges. I was going to add a little face thing to show I meant no harm but did not know which one to use.

FWIW, I agree in principle with your comments regarding Hall. Not with the Premiership captain bollocks, but that he is too good a player to be dropped. His form is bad, but he is the best forward in our team and potentially still one of the best forwards in the comp.

Lohengrin
Why do people keep referring to how many goals Hall has kicked in the past? Lockett kicked over 1,000 and won a Brownlow - should we bring him back too then?

AnnieH
28th July 2008, 04:37 PM
Mate, I only raise it because it was one of my all time favourite RWO exchanges. I was going to add a little face thing to show I meant no harm but did not know which one to use.

FWIW, I agree in principle with your comments regarding Hall. Not with the Premiership captain bollocks, but that he is too good a player to be dropped. His form is bad, but he is the best forward in our team and potentially still one of the best forwards in the comp.

Mighty big word "potentially".;)

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:38 PM
Why do people keep referring to how many goals Hall has kicked in the past? Lockett kicked over 1,000 and won a Brownlow - should we bring him back too then?

Nah - I was thinking Pratt and when he got rolled by the tram before the GF of '36......

SimonH
28th July 2008, 04:38 PM
... just do it and do the Sydney Sweans fans a favour. ... so from a die hard swans fan... I say @@@@ off.Honestly, Beer Baron, given your long history of moderate and reasoned comment on issues, I have no reason why anyone would question your genuineness as a die hard Sweans fan.

If only the interweb had been invented when Skilton were playing, you would have been able to point us to the thread where you suggested, as his form curved off near the end of his career, that he "@@@@ off". As a die hard Sweans fan would, of course.

Sometimes people are so unkind.

Beer Baron
28th July 2008, 04:42 PM
Am I credible? Who cares? Should you ignore me? Who cares?
:p I'm sorry, but I have an opinion and as its the internet I can flaunt it all I want. *sighs wistfully about the internet*

So firstly, I'd like to say thanks to those of you that can actually see the facts with your minds and not your hearts. Secondly I have never said Barry has never done the Swans any good, yes he has done well. Yes he was a brilliant player. All I am saying it's time.

But hows'a about this. Every week that big bumbling bazz can't put in a decent effort I'll have a rant about him. Why? Because I can. :D

When he does have a good game however I will appluade him, when / if he has a string of consistently good games I might even retract my statements. But until then I still say its time to go big bumbling Bazza.
:cool:

cressakel
28th July 2008, 04:49 PM
Mighty big word "potentially".;)

OK, OK, OK - you're right Annie !!!

Let's drop Hall to the ressies to gather some form and/or discipline. While we are at it, do the same with O'Keefe so that he can get his goalkicking accuracy above 22%, Playfair so he can learn to chase and also kick accurately, Goodesy so that he dominate with 57 possies and get some consistency in his game and LRT so that he can at least compete.

The Swans hierarchy wont and nor should they as these guys best is better than their worst and/or players in the reserves at present.

Until we get a Lockett/Dunstall/Ablett/Wade/Franklin clone for Hall, a Wayne Johnston clone (never missed) for O'Keefe, a Paul Chapman clone for Playfair, a Judd clone for Goodes and/or a Silvagni clone for LRT the Swans will play these blokes - so lets deal with it and concentrate on their good points

PS. Don't see anyone else potentially better than Hall at this present time.

NMWBloods
28th July 2008, 04:53 PM
I think he's certainly not gone as a contributor to the team, but his days as a dominant power forward on a regular basis appear to be over. Nevertheless, as I said in the other thread, he can still be valuable to the team if we fix our offensive structures.

Mr Magoo
28th July 2008, 05:05 PM
Hall looked very tentative on the night and almost seemed scared to go in hard for fear of getting in trouble. Very disconcerting to see him being bodied out of numerous contests before the defender marked on him (at least allow the crumbers a go) and seemed to lack a lot of touch. Silly IMO to be saying he is finished and hopefully he improves over next few weeks with a bit of match practice.

He had a very good start to the year before the implosion against West Coast but has been traditionally crap in night games for a few years now.

There is noone to replace him and with the injury toll even less so. Forget white , grundy etc. Rutten would have wiped them off the map. Unfortunately without Oloughlin and playefair (for most of the game) we lacked any structure up forward but the painfully slow ball movement helped no one.

bandwagon
28th July 2008, 05:22 PM
I think he's certainly not gone as a contributor to the team, but his days as a dominant power forward on a regular basis appear to be over. Nevertheless, as I said in the other thread, he can still be valuable to the team if we fix our offensive structures.

Exactly. He also has not played much in the seniors this year, and is of the age where picking up touch will take more time. Hopefully this will happen within the next couple of weeks.

Kanga
28th July 2008, 05:42 PM

Comparison to Nick Davis anyone?

Darren Thomson
28th July 2008, 10:56 PM
Give Hall a fair go. He's been battered from pillar to post by all and sundry, and in his position it would be difficult to go out and play his usual physical style of footy. Confidence is a big thing and I agree with most people, get him away from the goal posts and let him run fullbacks off their legs. It's also true that gthe delivery to the forward line was poor against the Crows, credit the Crows for pushing our forwards(such as they were) wide for difficult shots. No speed up the midfield, drop Everitt, Matthews, Playfair injured, no Mick or Goodes we need runners in the midfield, ROK, Crouchy, Fosdike if fit, or some young blokes who can run games out. Kick long and down the middle and we'll see how Barry does, instead of giving the opposition time to three out him.

DT