PDA

View Full Version : Hall under scrutiny - Again

ScottH
4th August 2008, 07:38 AM
Surely not again? Sydney sweat on Hall review (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/sydney-sweat-on-hall-review/2008/08/03/1217701857673.html)

TROUBLED Swans full-forward Barry Hall could again be in trouble with the tribunal for a clash with Lindsay Gilbee in the third quarter of yesterday's game against the Bulldogs.

Hall appeared to swing a left forearm and strike Gilbee to the head in the third quarter, leaving the Dogs defender on the ground.

The guys chatting on SEN this morning, reckon there was not much in it.

NMWBloods
4th August 2008, 10:03 AM
It did appear that he made unnecessary contact but there looked to be nothing in it and I actually thought it may have been contact with a second Swan (from the grassy knoll...?) who actually knocked Gilbee down.

Q...
4th August 2008, 10:15 AM
Surely the doggies man that elbowed Jack in the head has more to worry about.

AnnieH
4th August 2008, 10:24 AM
I've gotta feel sorry for Blind Barry today.

At Manuka, the players rooms are enclosed in glass and the poor buggers had about 100 people getting a good look at them being attended to by the medical staff (and Colless - who didn't look too happy!!).

Poor Blind Barry was down to his reg grundies getting ice taped to his hammies. Dead set it was scary to watch. Two 5kg bags of ice, gaff tape and three blokes trying their best to make it all work.

Quite a few of them had hammy ice treatment after the match.

Industrial Fan
4th August 2008, 11:46 AM
I'd be surprised if b2 wasn't one of those.

Didn't seem to move freely at all.

AnnieH
4th August 2008, 12:14 PM
I'd be surprised if b2 wasn't one of those.

Didn't seem to move freely at all.

I saw that Bird, McVeigh & Ablett all had ice as well (although not 2 x 5kg bags of it). There were a few others over the other side of the room that I couldn't see.

ScottH
4th August 2008, 01:48 PM

Why, is his name Hall? :p

It was a similar incident to Halls last suspension. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

gossipcom
4th August 2008, 01:55 PM
And also Brad Johnson for the upper cut on B2 that forced him off the field a couple of times.

573v30
4th August 2008, 02:25 PM
Probably nothing in it, I hope...

Legs Akimbo
4th August 2008, 02:36 PM
They have the replay on The Age website. It actually doesn't look great. He had a clenched fist and it could be construed as deliberate.

hammo
4th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Talk about trial by media. If incidental contact such as that attracts a suspension then the game is in trouble.

4th August 2008, 03:47 PM
If Barry goes for that as Hammo said the game is in trouble

If a Luke Brennan did that to Lindsay Gilbee yesterday would a replay been even shown ??

Plugger46
4th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Absolutely nothing in it.

ugg
4th August 2008, 06:04 PM
Official Website of the Australian Football League > NEWS ARTICLE > Match review panel: round 18, 2008 (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=64786)

Hall cleared. CBolts cleared.

Milburn 2 games with an early plea, will miss the R20 matchup if he pleads guilty.

ScottH
4th August 2008, 06:06 PM
Media fixated on Hall: Roos (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=64783)

SYDNEY Swans coach Paul Roos said he was "pretty disappointed" that an incident involving Barry Hall and Bulldog Lindsay Gilbee on Sunday has been raised in the media.

"Incidents that happened with Hally probably happen ten times in a game. So it's all getting a little tedious and boring," Roos said on Monday.

goswannie14
4th August 2008, 06:21 PM
Official Website of the Australian Football League > NEWS ARTICLE > Match review panel: round 18, 2008 (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=64786)

Milburn 2 games with an early plea, will miss the R20 matchup if he pleads guilty.Good to see they actually comment on the "dubious" ones as well, even if they are cleared.

Interesting with the Milburn incident, same sort of thing that one of the Cornes booys did to Jack ( I think it was) earlier in the year. About time they cracked down on this sort of thing. When you pin a guys arms, how is he supposed to protect his head when you throw him to the ground.

connolly
4th August 2008, 06:52 PM

Milburn 2 games with an early plea, will miss the R20 matchup if he pleads guilty.

Good news, we definitely need Big Beamish against the anchors. The Whiz is out which should let the Bevonator off the chain to play up front, particularly if Moore is still injured. Was it my imagination but did the little flea Chamberlain start giving us a fair go after Bolts cleaned up his mate?

MarshallG
4th August 2008, 06:58 PM
SEN's Ox said today that his contacts (take SEN, Ox and his contacts with as many grains of sand as you wish) that it is not a happy camp b/n Hall & the playing group and, Hall and Roos.

"Apparently", Hall feels let down by his team mates in that they abandoned him when he needed them the most.

Matt79
4th August 2008, 07:23 PM
SEN's Ox said today that his contacts (take SEN, Ox and his contacts with as many grains of sand as you wish) that it is not a happy camp b/n Hall & the playing group and, Hall and Roos.

"Apparently", Hall feels let down by his team mates in that they abandoned him when he needed them the most.

Hmmmm "IF" there was any element of truth to this, perhaps Hally would like to explain whether he was 'thinking' of the team when he hit Staker and Wakelin when the team needed him most?

Ox is a fool.

Bas
4th August 2008, 07:28 PM

Song from the 80's about that.

MarshallG
4th August 2008, 07:32 PM
Song from the 80's about that.

Pray tell, the suspense is killing me.

Doctor J.
4th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Pray tell, the suspense is killing me.

Randy Vanwarmer. You left me just when I needed you most.

Putrid chick music song.

Seagoon
4th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. In typical Jack family style he thought nothing of it and got on with his play... Go you Jack people!

573v30
4th August 2008, 08:52 PM
That's great news. Milburn got what he deserved after he somehow got a free kick for that incident.

dread and might
4th August 2008, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm "IF" there was any element of truth to this, perhaps Hally would like to explain whether he was 'thinking' of the team when he hit Staker and Wakelin when the team needed him most?

Ox is a fool.

absolute tool. Hates Sydney so much

MarshallG
4th August 2008, 10:41 PM
Randy Vanwarmer. You left me just when I needed you most.

Putrid chick music song.

A ditty that will no doubt come in handy at a trivia night.

Industrial Fan
5th August 2008, 11:09 AM
Good news, we definitely need Big Beamish against the anchors. The Whiz is out which should let the Bevonator off the chain to play up front, particularly if Moore is still injured. Was it my imagination but did the little flea Chamberlain start giving us a fair go after Bolts cleaned up his mate?I'm not sure letting Bevo off the chain is a good idea. After all, we need someone to mind Pav.

Lucky Knickers
5th August 2008, 11:09 AM
Roos has had a gutful of Barrygate (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hall-row-laughable-roos/2008/08/04/1217701950632.html).

Best bits for me:

In brighter news, Roos said Leo Barry and Adam Goodes were on track to return from injury against Fremantle at the SCG on Saturday night.

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 11:28 AM
At the time it happened I thought there was something in it.

I was hoping he (wouldn't) get rubbed out for the rest of the season.

A Blind Barry-centric team is not going to win many more games this season.

NMWBloods
5th August 2008, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure letting Bevo off the chain is a good idea. After all, we need someone to mind Pav.
Yep - with Beamish brandishing his flotsam and jetsam, more Bevopercenters will be the order of the playbook adding to the quarterbacking first possession release against the tide of the anchors and the tiny tots will have to motor along to consolidate the sausage sizzle unleashed by the Bevonator leash and chain up any versatile pretenders to run in a pack drill all over the paddock where the leadership group deliver for the defensive mids...

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 11:45 AM
Yep - with Beamish brandishing his flotsam and jetsam, more Bevopercenters will be the order of the playbook adding to the quarterbacking first possession release against the tide of the anchors and the tiny tots will have to motor along to consolidate the sausage sizzle unleashed by the Bevonator leash and chain up any versatile pretenders to run in a pack drill all over the paddock where the leadership group deliver for the defensive mids...

... and the quarterbacks!!

You're funny!!:)