PDA

View Full Version : Collingwood a shambles - drink driving charge

NMWBloods
4th August 2008, 12:30 PM
Heath Shaw charged with drink driving - realfooty.com.au (http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles/2008/08/04/1217701906008.html)

Collingwood star Heath Shaw has been charged with drink driving following a car crash last night.

573v30
4th August 2008, 02:23 PM
Being a Collingwood player, he won't be suspended by the club.

goswannie14
4th August 2008, 02:36 PM
The club has already said he will be fined but not suspended.:rolleyes:

NMWBloods
4th August 2008, 02:49 PM
Should he be suspended? Most employers wouldn't even fine, let alone suspend their employees for actions outside the workplace.

CureTheSane
4th August 2008, 04:11 PM
Being a Collingwood player, he won't be suspended by the club.

Nor should he.

Should he be suspended? Most employers wouldn't even fine, let alone suspend their employees for actions outside the workplace.

No he shouldn't.
We have a legal system to deal with things of this matter.
The only grey area as far as I'm concerned is police involvement with on field violence.

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2008, 04:24 PM
I saw Eddie's press conference on FSN. He is absolutely spitting. He looked like he could barely contain himself. I would not want to be young Mr Shaw.
He confirms he won't be dropped. Eddie says that he doesn't agree with all this touchy feely leadership stuff. Heath owes the club, the fans and the sponsors and should go out and prove that he wants to be part of the Collingwood football club by putting in a huge game or words to that effect.

CureTheSane
4th August 2008, 04:31 PM
I hate Eddie so much, he's such a parody of himself these days.
But what he says is 100% spot on.
The TAC no longer sponsor the Wobbles do they?
Would have been a whole different ending if they did I'd say.

Drink, drive - bloody Collingwood player :)

reigning premier
4th August 2008, 04:43 PM
I think they should make an example of him and trade him.

Preferabley to an interstate team with a good reputation for reforming malcontents. A team that also wears red and white, Name begins with an S, and has two Y's in it.

Dogzbody
4th August 2008, 04:43 PM
I am dumbfounded!!!

Official Website of the Australian Football League > NEWS ARTICLE > McGuire 'furious' with Shaw (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=64754)

I know BBBH has been a bit of a goose belting blokes, but honestly....DUI is far far worse as its out in the community, and completely antisocial, irresponsible behavior.

I can't believe he will get a 10K fine only (which is nothing to these blokes)

"Macguire furious" my shiny white @@@@@

This is a joke! Collingwood are a joke! I don't really care about what Collingwood do footy wise, but it sets a rotten human example. The only thing that deters footy players, is not being able to play! Trimming his milk money will do absolutely nothing.

The TAC should put blokes like him on their adds for what not to do....and remove all sponsorship! If there is any left after all the others that have gone before him! Imagine if he had hit a person instead of a parked car.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lohengrin
4th August 2008, 05:21 PM
Dropping a player just hurts the supporters.

CureTheSane
4th August 2008, 05:36 PM

Holy crap?!?!?!

Do you know where you are?

This is the realm of RWO, where so called 'brain snaps' SHOULD result in being not just being suspended, not just being delisted and publicly humiliated, but hung drawn and quartered :p

Going on the reactions displayed by Hall's retaliation, Shaw should never play AFL again!

swantastic
4th August 2008, 05:50 PM
$10000 fine to Shaw and he should have to pay for the young girls car he hit.

IMO thats a fair whack and he will also lose his licence for a while he blew.105 over double the limit.

humphrey bear
4th August 2008, 06:25 PM

Complete rubbish.

Hawthorn dropped Luke Hodge ( or not turning up to training after his 21st), Geelong dropped Stevie Johnson and the culture at both clubs improved and success came on the ground. Its no coincidence.

Collingwood never drop anyone and now in 4 years they have had Tarrant & B Johnson fighting, Wellingham DUI, Didak shooting guns with bikies, Brodie Holland arested for hitting a women and now this.

The thing these blokes love more than anything is playing footy and you take that away from them and you see a change in behaviour.

The longer Eddie does nothing the better for us all because Collingwood will be the same feral bunch of crap that there supporters deserve.

Dogzbody
4th August 2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Humphrey;)

May as well just make Joffa President and coach now, and get Didak's mates as sponsors.

Get Mick out of there....any other club he was coaching would have had several flags by now, the culture of that place is a slur on the AFL

Im sure if there wasn't the army of cash that the Maggies bring in, big AD would probably take a harsher stance.

Maybe the AFL could fine Collingwood an amplified amount everytime one of their "stars" does something completely unacceptable

Lohengrin
4th August 2008, 06:54 PM
Complete rubbish.

Hawthorn dropped Luke Hodge ( or not turning up to training after his 21st), Geelong dropped Stevie Johnson and the culture at both clubs improved and success came on the ground. Its no coincidence.Hardly any need to respond like that.

Probably is a coincidence seeing that Hodge was dropped for one game in 2005. and they only won 9 of their next 30 games.

Seems a bit of a stretch to attribute Geelong's success solely to suspending Johnson. They didn't suspend him this year after speeding during the off-season and they're still going well.

CureTheSane
4th August 2008, 07:57 PM
Complete rubbish.

Hawthorn dropped Luke Hodge ( or not turning up to training after his 21st), Geelong dropped Stevie Johnson and the culture at both clubs improved and success came on the ground. Its no coincidence.

Collingwood never drop anyone and now in 4 years they have had Tarrant & B Johnson fighting, Wellingham DUI, Didak shooting guns with bikies, Brodie Holland arested for hitting a women and now this.

The thing these blokes love more than anything is playing footy and you take that away from them and you see a change in behaviour.

The longer Eddie does nothing the better for us all because Collingwood will be the same feral bunch of crap that there supporters deserve.

As my year eleven English teacher used to say all the time (to me) "that's a rash generalization"
You had lots of them.

Damien
4th August 2008, 09:45 PM
Collingwood just found out the Shaw lied, and that Didak was with him.

Collingwood now reviewing the sanction and will hold a press conference tomorrow.

Source: On the Couch.

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2008, 09:45 PM
Healy is reading a press release now on OTC that Didak was in the car with Shaw and the club are now going to rethink their decision on punishment and make an announcement tomorrow.

cruiser
4th August 2008, 09:49 PM
It could be the end of Didak as a Pie, maybe Shaw too.

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2008, 09:53 PM
Given that Eddie looked like he was ready to rip someone's head off it's easy to believe that could happen.

ugg
4th August 2008, 09:56 PM
It could be the end of Didak as a Pie, maybe Shaw too.
No chance.

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2008, 10:03 PM
Yes I agree Ugg - unlikely.
More likely they will take a combination of
a) couch therapy to deal with the drinking/aberrant behaviour/lack of desire to be a professional footballer
b) johnson therapy with bans from training/playing and lots of community service
c) new contracts including behaviour clauses

cruiser
4th August 2008, 10:10 PM
I can't get onto Big Footy at the moment. Meltdown!!

ScottH
4th August 2008, 10:11 PM
Umm Aahhh.

573v30
4th August 2008, 10:13 PM
Didak's been playing the best footy of his career, there's no way the Magpies will kick him out of the club.

swantastic
4th August 2008, 10:24 PM
It seems like Heath is a @@@@ talker for lying to the club.I wonder how Eddie's feeling at the moment.

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2008, 10:27 PM
Sheahan is calling for his head (he is such a dick) and Walls too.

reigning premier
4th August 2008, 10:34 PM
When can I start the Davis for Didak thread????

Or even better, Bevo for Shaw?

Bas
4th August 2008, 10:35 PM
Eddie is in a major dilemma. He came out tonight saying there was no point in standing players down for the weekend.

Here is didak, multiple indiscretions and recently signing a contract that removed his previous penalty clause. Then lies to the Club.

However Club is waivering in the eight and Sat night's game becomes the game of the year.

I have to agree with Sheehan and Shaw. Sack didak and Shaw as it's his first should be penalized and stood down for a few games.

Looks better for us in Rd 21.

Eddie, do you want to phone a friend!!!

CureTheSane
4th August 2008, 11:14 PM
Shaw has made the whole club look stupid.
Blatantly speaking @@@@ at the press conference and having others unknowingly do the same.
Eddie said "they'll be blaming the Kennedy assassination on Didak if they get the chance" when asked if Didak was involved.
Also his teammates were there SWEARING that Didak was not in the car.

I would be pretty pissed off with him if I was his team mate.
How do you trust either of them from now on?
Respect. Honesty. Trust.
All have been breached.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club :D

NMWBloods
4th August 2008, 11:30 PM
After the latest revelations you'd think that Didak's finished at Collingwood, or should be, and Shaw needs a week or two holiday.

ShockOfHair
5th August 2008, 01:35 AM
Must say Collingwood's troubles have helped me forget ours. Thanks Pies.

ScottH
5th August 2008, 07:34 AM
"Next thing, Didak will be accused of the Kennedy assassination." Big Ed.

He could have something there.

ScottH
5th August 2008, 09:46 AM
If Shaw and Didak, get the big KO, I reckon that will be season over for the Pies.

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 10:26 AM
Umm Aahhh.

Ha.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

If Shaw and Didak, get the big KO, I reckon that will be season over for the Pies.

It was season over for the pies before this.
As per tradition, the pies have already begun their descent.
This is just icing on the cake.;)

Lucky Knickers
5th August 2008, 11:07 AM
Or cream on the pie(face).
I feel a bit sorry for Eddie. He does give his heart and soul to that club and has backed Didak before. Making the boss look stupid is a good career move.
How can you sack one and not the other and the one that wasn't driving?
Of course, Didak would say to Shaw "don't dob me in mate I'm gone".

Industrial Fan
5th August 2008, 11:14 AM
Felt a bit sorry for Scott Burns, even if he does look like a rat. He jumped in Mark Thompson style - Leave him alone, all of you...etc.

Hard to see what the problem was for Didak if he'd just said he was with Shaw in the first place?

NMWBloods
5th August 2008, 11:26 AM
Hard to see what the problem was for Didak if he'd just said he was with Shaw in the first place?I think he's under a curfew (although strangely they excluded behavioural clauses from his recent contract).

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 11:31 AM
I think he's under a curfew (although strangely they excluded behavioural clauses from his recent contract).

How stoopid are the contract writers over at the Pies??

;)

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 12:13 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Not sure for how long though. If there's a budda in the Hippy's house, it'll be for the rest of the season.

Magpies Suspend Shaw & Didak. (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/magpies-suspend-shaw-and-didak/2008/08/04/1217701950635.html)

ShockOfHair
5th August 2008, 12:18 PM

If they drop Thomas and Cloke as well we might even beat them in round 21.

NMWBloods
5th August 2008, 12:22 PM
If they drop Thomas and Cloke as well we might even beat them in round 21.
Only if they don't replace them...!!! :p ;)

Xie Shan
5th August 2008, 02:48 PM
I never know where the line is with players and off-field indiscretions anymore, the punishment (if any) seems to depend on the club and the individual these days. Eddie looked pretty mad, so I'd suggest Didak is in big trouble.

NMWBloods
5th August 2008, 04:12 PM
Didak and H Shaw suspended for remainder of year (H&A and finals).

R Shaw suspended for 2 matches.

And for those who suggested that the media always pick on the Swans and ignore things from the big Melbourne clubs, take a lot at the extensive media coverage on this!

ScottH
5th August 2008, 04:21 PM
I had to laugh at the radio this morning.
A guy rang up to talk about this issue, and then had the hide to say that they are only talking about it because they are pies players. Grubby and DeeDee then pointed out that they have had a go at many other players indescretions including from their own team. He thanked them after arguing his point fruitlessly.
I loved the fact he thanked them for making him look like an idiot.

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 04:26 PM
Didak and H Shaw suspended for remainder of year (H&A and finals).

R Shaw suspended for 2 matches.

And for those who suggested that the media always pick on the Swans and ignore things from the big Melbourne clubs, take a lot at the extensive media coverage on this!

It's only getting the coverage because everyone likes to stick it up Eddie Everywhere!!
;)

Other than that ... FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

Dogzbody
5th August 2008, 04:26 PM
season for both....thats gonna hurt.

Colliwobbles just turned into tremors :D

CJK
5th August 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh noes! My fav club is sooo much trouble!

/crys

ShockOfHair
5th August 2008, 05:17 PM
The Pies also got a big bake for their performance ON the field by the Macedonian himself. Says they've have had the best of everything - Lexus Centre, altitude training, etc. - and still haven't achieved.

(Probably a bit unfair as they nearly beat Geelong in the prelim last year, but hey, it's Eddie's team. Unfair is what they deserve.)

Pies have no flair on field: Daicos - AFL - Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24130558-23211,00.html)

573v30
5th August 2008, 05:22 PM
Does this mean that the Swans will finally beat Collingwood?

CureTheSane
5th August 2008, 05:27 PM

Yes.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

You heard it here first.

I predict a 200+ margin :D

DeadlyAkkuret
5th August 2008, 07:50 PM
Ha bloody ha! It keeps getting better n better:D

AussieAnge
5th August 2008, 08:09 PM
Or cream on the pie(face).
I feel a bit sorry for Eddie.

You're getting soft LK, I can't recollect a time I've ever felt sorry for the chap.

Bas
5th August 2008, 10:05 PM

Naaaah! We'll find another creative way to lose.

hot potato
5th August 2008, 10:34 PM
Eddie calls Didak a SCALY FRIEND, now Eddie has gone underground.
I hope there is a special edition of ON THE COUCH with Eddie as special guest. I'd like to see that.
Then Mike or Gerard can say

Eddie, would you like phone a friend?

Shaw driving driving at that level of intoxication is very bad form and he's lucky he only hit parked cars.

Bob Neil
5th August 2008, 11:02 PM
Naaaah! We'll find another creative way to lose.

Our game plan should ensure we look silly.

Can't wait to lose - now THAT will be depressing.

Wardy
6th August 2008, 08:11 AM
Am I correct in reading that Eddie said something to the effect that he has missed out on four or five gold Logies because of his association with Collingwood ? I thought it was the fact that most people consider him to be a self centered arrogant prize dickhead that they didnt vote for him - perhaps I'm wrong?

Must say though - he has really been made a complete fool of. I saw on Today Tonight (I know its the worst show on the teve - but when I saw they were going to have a go at the Edmyster - I had to tune in!;) ) anyway - after the first press conference where he said "some mate who allowed Heath to drive etc" that they filmed Edster chatting back at a reporter after the interview had finished and Edster was intimating some quite unsavoury things about an Essendon player - its all on tape - geez - hope the Essendon boy has a good lawyer - it would be worth the legal fees to take Eddie to task just to see him crap his oh so expensive trousers!

Lucky Knickers
6th August 2008, 12:35 PM
You're getting soft LK, I can't recollect a time I've ever felt sorry for the chap.
I know I know.
I've washed my mouth out with soap.
Shall we expect to see a whole lot of leadership grouping at the Lexus Centre from this day forward?

Wardy
6th August 2008, 12:37 PM
I know I know.
I've washed my mouth out with soap.
Shall we expect to see a whole lot of leadership grouping at the Lexus Centre from this day forward?

yeah toughen up!!!;) I just liked seeing Eddie turn purple on the teve - it made my day!!!

peony
6th August 2008, 03:06 PM
surely didak will be gone at the end of the year.

connolly
6th August 2008, 03:35 PM
surely didak will be gone at the end of the year.

Yep. Breach of contract. Will be traded probably to Freo. They love Collingwood rejects.

hammo
6th August 2008, 04:11 PM
Yep. Breach of contract. Will be traded probably to Freo. They love Collingwood rejects.

He's not in breach of his new, upgraded contract.

ROK Lobster
6th August 2008, 04:25 PM
He's not in breach of his new, upgraded contract.Have you forgotten the implied essential term of all employment contracts not to ride in cars with drunks.

573v30
6th August 2008, 04:36 PM
Have you forgotten the implied essential term of all employment contracts not to ride in cars with drunks.

The good ol' contract debate, who won that BTW?

AussieAnge
6th August 2008, 06:45 PM
he has really been made a complete fool of.

Have to ask, does he need any assistance in this? I was under the impression he did quite a good job of it himself!

Wardy
7th August 2008, 08:29 AM
Have to ask, does he need any assistance in this? I was under the impression he did quite a good job of it himself!

Good point - I was trying to be reasonsably kind before actually sticking the boot in!;)

In todays Real Footy there is a Carolin Wilson article (yeah I know...) - and Eddie just seemed to be digging himself into a deeper hole and referring to himself in the third person George Costanza style - hilarious - keep going Eddie, hopefully you will be out of the media spotlight altogether by 2010 -and that will contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions!

ScottH
7th August 2008, 09:13 AM
The plot thickens.
Police reveal Didak driving twist (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/police-reveal-didak-twist/2008/08/06/1217702145804.html)

In a bizarre twist to the saga, Police Commissioner Christine Nixon said police would investigate claims that it was in fact Didak who was driving on Sunday night.

You have to read alomost the entire article to find what the headline is about. But this could get even worse.

CJK
7th August 2008, 12:19 PM
Underbelly; Season 2 is writing itself!

573v30
7th August 2008, 12:23 PM
If Didak was indeed driving, the footy club would sack him immediately.

Wardy
7th August 2008, 12:26 PM

You'd think so - however some would still would reckon the pies should keep him because he is a good footy player!:rolleyes:

TheHood
7th August 2008, 01:52 PM

That's quite funny, imagine Didak remaining on the register at Collingwood whilst playing for the first 22 at Pentridge (probably closed by now). I reckon that's a breach of contract from Dids ala Money Bill Millions.

ROK Lobster
7th August 2008, 02:02 PM
Would be interesting if he was, as I doubt he would have been breath tested at the time. Not that lying to the police is not a serious offence in itself...

TheHood
7th August 2008, 02:02 PM
Begs another questions for us bush lawyers out there, if The Dak is found to have been the driver, what punishment will the courts dish out:

* 2 years suspended sentence
* Weekend detention
* Home detention
* Group home detention with Dicky P at Raaaaaaheem
* 6 months with Hudo in old stoney lonesome

Was he driving? I know a lot of booze was on board, but the likelyhood of crashing a car you've never driven before is high. I think it's a real possibility.

If proven, then he would face an additional charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice on top of the driving charge causing damage to several people's private property and it will also void Heath's insurance policy leaving the boys to fork out for $100,000 in damage to at least 4 cars.

Fortunately they only got modest pre-tax fines from Collingwood and they will be praying for a new club to pick them up. Mick has already said they have IQs of sub 30, so footy is all they have got.

Wardy
7th August 2008, 02:05 PM
Begs another questions for us bush lawyers out there, if The Dak is found to have been the driver, what punishment will the courts dish out:

* 2 years suspended sentence
* Weekend detention
* Home detention
* Group home detention with Dicky P at Raaaaaaheem
* 6 months with Hudo in old stoney lonesome

Was he driving? I know a lot of booze was on board, but the likelyhood of crashing a car you've never driven before is high. I think it's a real possibility.

If proven, then he would face an additional charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice on top of the driving charge causing damage to several people's private property and it will also void Heath's insurance policy leaving the boys to fork out for $100,000 in damage to at least 4 cars.

Fortunately they only got modest pre-tax fines from Collingwood and they will be praying for a new club to pick them up. Mick has already said they have IQs of sub 30, so footy is all they have got.

hmm interesting - oh well we have to wait and see what transpires I guess!

Triple B
7th August 2008, 04:07 PM
...and it will also void Heath's insurance policy leaving the boys to fork out for $100,000 in damage to at least 4 cars.

I'd have thought being pissed would void the insurance policy anyway, regardless of who was driving.

Would it not?

Wardy
7th August 2008, 04:20 PM
I'd have thought being pissed would void the insurance policy anyway, regardless of who was driving.

Would it not?

It was void as soon as he was declared over the limit.

Triple B
7th August 2008, 04:33 PM
It was void as soon as he was declared over the limit.

As I thought. Thx Wardy

Pace To Burn
7th August 2008, 05:09 PM
I think it covers the other cars so the people get there money straight up, then the insurance would probably sue him i guess

Dogzbody
7th August 2008, 06:55 PM
His insurance will pay for the damage to the other cars, but he wont be covered and will have to fork out (pay his insurance company) for all those damaged, no premium or anything just cold hard cash.

AussieAnge
7th August 2008, 06:55 PM
I think it covers the other cars so the people get there money straight up, then the insurance would probably sue him i guess

Unless it was a Company car then no that isn't the situation. Unfortunately the other owners will have to seek redress from the driver and/or owner direct.

AussieAnge
7th August 2008, 06:58 PM
Pentridge (probably closed by now).

I believe it is being developed into one of those closed gate communities with swanky apartments and the like, oh the irony!

JF_Bay22_SCG
7th August 2008, 07:19 PM
The thing I find crazy in all this is the fact that the Collingwood club official seem to think that lying to save the reputation & career of a team-mate is deemed as far worse than drinking & driving & potentially injuring either themselves or somebody else. This to me indicated how much of a power freak Eddie Maguire is, because news that embarrasses him after the things he said about 'scaly friends' on Monday is seen as more damning that the fact they were out drinking in the first place.

To me this whole saga shows how much power & authority Eddie has in the way the club is run. He can wholly & solely make decision on behalf of the whole football club & nobody dares stand in his way. What sort of democracy is that!He huffs & puffs in front of the media on the Monday as if he were spruiking a bloody game show. By ranting off the cuff rather than thinking about what he should have said & trying to keep things in-house, he has made comments that make him look more the fool than he was originally.
And then when he has been made a fool of by Shaw lying to him, he trots poor Gary Pert out to face the music. Pathetic Eddie! He is a president only when it suits him. Weak as piss Collingwood! :o

Say what you like about Myles Baron-Hay Paul Roos the Swans leadership group & its Bloods culture. But you compare the way the Swans dealt with the Barry Hall saga & compare it with the soap opera you see at the Pies at the moment.

When a player lying to a CEO is considered worse than driving at .14 5 nights before another big game of footy, you know there is a seriously warped cultural problem at the Lexus Centre.

Collingwood, you are officially a disgrace!:mad:

Dogzbody
7th August 2008, 07:51 PM
Love the anger JF, exactly how I felt when I posted earlier in the week about the disgust in the abhorrent disregard for human and social values demonstrated by these players & as it turned out the Collingwood Football club. I'm a parent, and if one of these idiots had hurt a child or some childs parent, which could have happened...no need to go any further (the mod would kick me out)

I actually think that the subsequent suspensions resulted from a rethink, rather than because of the "lies." They knew that the initial fine wasn't enough, and I also reckon that they knew about the Didak connection but hoped it would "go away." So the sanctions are about community appeasement because they (eddie & co) couldn't organize themselves to communicate the issues properly, publicly.

Lucky Knickers
7th August 2008, 10:06 PM
I don't agree that the Pies rate lying over drink driving but I definitely do about Eddie's rant.

I wonder what is going on with Eddie that would force such a slick media person to be lured into that ill thought emotive barrage.

He must be so embarassed. What I found bizarre is that before the Didak link came about he was furious at "the so called friend" of Shaw's that let him drive. It was almost as if this wasn't really Shaw's fault that he made a choice to drive, get pissed and then drive home. Then following that up with a massive sledge at club's with leadership groups like Swans and Cats (guess who has a premiership) was bizarre.

ROK Lobster
7th August 2008, 11:19 PM
The thing I find crazy in all this is the fact that the Collingwood club official seem to think that lying to save the reputation & career of a team-mate is deemed as far worse than drinking & driving & potentially injuring either themselves or somebody else. This to me indicated how much of a power freak Eddie Maguire is, because news that embarrasses him after the things he said about 'scaly friends' on Monday is seen as more damning that the fact they were out drinking in the first place.If I went DUI my employer would call me an idiot and give me a bus timetable. If I lied to them and embarrassed them and the firm publicly I would get my arse kicked. Same thing. Not very hard to work out what is going on.

TheHood
8th August 2008, 11:05 PM
It was almost as if this wasn't really Shaw's fault that he made a choice to drive, get pissed and then drive home. Then following that up with a massive sledge at club's with leadership groups like Swans and Cats (guess who has a premiership) was bizarre.

Amazing scene when you put it like that. The disturbing part is that Heath was .14 by the time the sobering incident had occured, the police arrived, the delays at the scene, the trip to the station, the mandatory 10 minutes and then the final test showed .14.

Imagine what he would have blown as the keys turned the ignition...0.2 maybe?

The final "decision" to drive from the hotel is another interesting one. Must have been pretty desperate to get somewhere!

The first error was driving to the hotel. The second was to drink knowing the car is outside. The last error...well thats obvious.

Lohengrin
8th August 2008, 11:07 PM
Amazing scene when you put it like that. The disturbing part is that Heath was .14 by the time the sobering incident had occured, the police arrived, the delays at the scene, the trip to the station, the mandatory 10 minutes and then the final test showed .14.

Imagine what he would have blown as the keys turned the ignition...0.2 maybe?

Not necessarily. Often blood alcohol keeps rising for a while after you stop drinking.

Bleed Red Blood
9th August 2008, 07:11 PM
How much do you have to drink to show a .14?

CureTheSane
9th August 2008, 09:02 PM
How much do you have to drink to show a .14?

I'm lucky.
I reckon that would be about a half a bottle of vodka.
And that will keep me at .14 all night.

But then I never drive when I drink anything, so I'm AOK :)

JF_Bay22_SCG
10th August 2008, 01:10 AM
If I went DUI my employer would call me an idiot and give me a bus timetable. If I lied to them and embarrassed them and the firm publicly I would get my arse kicked. Same thing. Not very hard to work out what is going on.

If you killed someone whilst driving drunk you'd not only have lost your job but would be considered a murderor. There are more important issues here than Eddie's bruised ego.

I hope some people remember Darren Millane & Ben Alexander. :rolleyes: It seems Eddie's ego is so big that people are being blinded into a warped sense of reality in all this.

JF