PDA

View Full Version : Round 20 - Geelong

Cheer Squad
11th August 2008, 08:40 AM
Let's get real about this week's poll.

Since the break we've tended to err on the side of unjustified optimism about the result - especially when it comes to the size of the margin, not just winning.

Is there any evidence we can beat Geelong this week? Objectively, no. One of our biggest problems, which Roos alluded to in this morning's press, is that due to injuries, we are an unsettled team, especially the backline. We can't really do anything about that in time for Saturday night.

Our only wins since the break have been against two bottom-eight sides and they were not exactly convincing - especially the miracle against Freo.

We'll be lucky if we can keep Geelong to winning by less than the seven goal defeat they inflicted back on us in Round 5. Cats by 38.

Cheer Squad
16th August 2008, 10:12 AM
Only eleven responses to this week's poll - the average number of respondents during the season has been about sixty.

As we're playing the Cats, it must be a case of "all hope abandon ye who enter here". :rolleyes:

CureTheSane
16th August 2008, 10:23 AM
I voted.

Guess what for?

hammo
16th August 2008, 10:29 AM
The poll is closed :confused:

Cheer Squad
16th August 2008, 10:52 AM
The poll is closed :confused:

It was open between August 11th and this morning.

connolly
16th August 2008, 11:00 AM
Only eleven responses to this week's poll - the average number of respondents during the season has been about sixty.

As we're playing the Cats, it must be a case of "all hope abandon ye who enter here". :rolleyes:

Voting should be compulsory

satchmopugdog
16th August 2008, 02:36 PM
I voted for a big margin...think it will be my age ...52 points.

Big Al
16th August 2008, 03:15 PM
We are going to get a good old fashion ass kicking.

BloodsInMyVeins
16th August 2008, 04:57 PM
Hopefuly the Swannies are going to Surprise us tonight;) ;) ;)

Seagoon
16th August 2008, 05:05 PM
Jack's not playing, all hope is gone. Nah, just joking, I love watching him play, and im dissapointed that he's not playing tonight, cause ill be there to watch our loyal sons.

Swans by 7.

No 14
16th August 2008, 06:16 PM
We have played some memorable games against teams that were hotfavorites agianst us...

Swans Versus Port Addelaide when Port were minor premiers and 'unbeatable'in Adelaide
Swans vs the Evils when they were 'unbeatable' in Perth

have faith ye all

We are equal 3rd for 1st quarters won
We are 2nd for 3rd quarters won
We are equal 3rd for 4th quarters won

Not too good in the second quarter. I predict a tough game.

reigning premier
16th August 2008, 06:31 PM
Sydney by 8....

NMWBloods
16th August 2008, 08:12 PM
With Scarlett and Milburn out the Swans' chance of winning has improved.