PDA

View Full Version : Read This

CureTheSane
14th February 2003, 07:23 PM
What is wrong with everyone?
Aren't the rules spelt out plainly enough?

I have just closed 3 more threads.
Why?
Because they all turned into arguments.

LondonSwan - learn to make a point and move on.
Replying to everyones little attacks on you only makes the board got to ****.
Repeating your points over and over (Roos and Maxfield etc) only incites everyone and brings on trouble.
We all know how you feel.
Why are there 3 threads containing arguments regarding you?

Everyone else - It does not matter if someone posts something that you don't agree with.
What did everyone do wrong?
Weren't you all simply sticking up for our coach and captain?
What you should have done is simply PMed me or one of the other admins/mods and asked us to do something about this.

The rules are there for all to see, yet people constantly get personal.

Is this how you want this board to look?
We are all Swans supporters, but looking at the f\orum today, you'd thing this was a general AFL forum, with people supporting 16 different teams posting.

Now, here is MY warning.
Next time I see this sort of thing, I'm just gonna ban everyone involved for a few days.
That simple.
Don't like it?
Then post somewhere else.
Des has made it VERY clear that NO PERSONAL ATTACKS SHALL OCCUR.

Respect that.

LondonSwan
14th February 2003, 07:29 PM
I have not personally attacked any poster and I resent the implication and I was informed that you were going to in your own words "edit the crap out of me"

It seems as though the rules are applied somewhat discriminately and arguments only occur when I disagree with the party line.

I am also catholic and a strong one and I do not like the word bejesus allowed to remain in a thread which was done. You allowed a fairly nasty campaign to go on unchecked last year and I let it go but not this time - so ban away.

Why on earth did you lock the injury thread it was harmless. Just making your point I guess and picked the wrong thread to do it.

Charlie
14th February 2003, 07:39 PM
Am I going to be banned? Go to SR4E's thread for what I said.

Is that construed as a personal attack? It's not attacking his right to an opinion. But it does attack the way he expresses that opinion. I think that's reasonable, in that it's the way he expresses his opinion (slanderous, ungrounded, rumour-filled, with a liberal dose of antagonism towards other posters thrown in for flavour), that causes the friction between LS and about a dozen people here.

CureTheSane
14th February 2003, 07:45 PM
I don't consider that a personal \attack, he is complaining.

LS, re-read what I said.

Simply, if you get into arguments that degrade to personal attacks, you AND anyone else will be edited, deleted, banned or whatever.

It's really that simple.
It takes 2 (or more to argue) and sine all the arguments of late cetre around you, I made a comment directed at you.

Differences of opinion will happen.
Say what you feel and move on.

LondonSwan
14th February 2003, 07:47 PM
I've reread it and I am not a happy chappy! Read the others and see why.

14th February 2003, 07:59 PM
We really need someone like pionono to pop in at this time and sort a few things out.

Sorry, I'm bored tonight. GF gone to parents and I got a free long weekend. So I thought, seeing as I'm bored, and this isn't a footy related topic, I'd stick my nose in here and say hi.