PDA

View Full Version : Wait for it ...the Melbne Press

Rob-bloods
7th September 2003, 10:06 PM
What a day...I do not want to hear the Melbne press ( I am sure we will) talking about Port choking, because what we saw is a young team having a red hot go and following the game plan for a sensational first half of football, then battling for half with a wwealth of both injuries and free kicks.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bloooooooooooooods

hammo
7th September 2003, 10:13 PM
I think the Swans will get the credit they deserve. Port threw everything at us, got some soft frees, and despite being down to 19 men, we held on. Goodes has risen to superstardom with that game, Hall and Kirk aren't that far behind.

nicko18
7th September 2003, 10:31 PM
there is no doubt they choked in the first half. no flowing football. second guessing every kick/handball. very nervous tentative start. but we played absolutely awesome footy. 19 men o'loughlin, ball, saddo out... playing a team 3 games clear of anyone... nobody beats that.

SYDNEY ARE NOW RANKED SECOND!!!

1. Collingwood
2. Sydney
3. Port Adelaide
4. Brisbane
5. Adelaide
6. Essendon

dawson
7th September 2003, 11:38 PM
1) Wait for Mike Sheehan in tomorrow's Hun. He will be savage on Port and Choco and will come in off the long run and give them both barrels.

Many in the media hate Port due to their arrogance - schadenfreude?? You better believe it!!!

2) Talking Footy - Bruce will wet his pants re the Swannies and Roos. Caro will be just Caro.

3) Kevin Sheedy will have a field day giving it to Port. They lost there this time a year ago after the Pies rolled Port but I wouldn't put the Bombers this weekend - curse or not with Hird in sublime form.

4) Footy Show will get stuck into Port as well - more so given that they are due to play the Pies in Melbourne if they win.

gossipcom
7th September 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by dawson
4) Footy Show will get stuck into Port as well - more so given that they are due to play the Pies in Melbourne if they win.
One thing's for sure Shane Crawford's going to have the last laugh in terms of his tips.

They thought he was crazy when he tipped the Bombes and the Swans :)

I can't stand the guy but hoped he would get revenge especially when Sam said the Power would beat us by 12 goals ;)

SwansBloke
7th September 2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by gossipcom
One thing's for sure Shane Crawford's going to have the last laugh in terms of his tips.

They thought he was crazy when he tipped the Bombes and the Swans :)

I can't stand the guy but hoped he would get revenge especially when Sam said the Power would beat us by 12 goals ;)

I thought the EXACT same thing at various stages throughout the game. The only certaintity it seems, is there are no certainties in finals.

dawson
7th September 2003, 11:57 PM
The Footy Show has had some coups over the years like when Doug Hawkins correctly tipped a draw for the initial Anzac Day game between the Bombers and the Pies.

NMWBloods
8th September 2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SwansBloke
I thought the EXACT same thing at various stages throughout the game.

LOL - so did I!!!! :D

no1swan
8th September 2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by gossipcom
....especially when Sam said the Power would beat us by 12 goals ;)

That means we should have kicked ONE goal ;) ;)

CureTheSane
8th September 2003, 10:34 AM
I was watching the game, and I said to friends "Port are playing pretty bad, but the Swans are playing REALLY well"

And I expect that to be reflected in the papers.

I think there will be a fair bit of pro Swans talk.

Gonna go get the HSun later :D