PDA

View Full Version : McVeigh - what an insult !

Swansinger
26th March 2009, 02:45 PM
How pathetic that the club could not find a photo of McVeigh showing his face on the membership ticket.

What idiot chose that photo of his back ??

That's assuming it IS McVeigh - because you can see only half of the number.
And it does not even state the name of the Club Champion.

Incredible !

AnnieH
26th March 2009, 02:50 PM
How pathetic that the club could not find a photo of McVeigh showing his face on the membership ticket.

What idiot chose that photo of his back ??

That's assuming it IS McVeigh - because you can see only half of the number.
And it does not even state the name of the Club Champion.

Incredible !

I thought that a bit odd as well.

Jewels
26th March 2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, I agree. I've never been a fan but he was sensational last season and deserved the B & F. I think it's very insulting to not have a clear photo of him on the card.

i'm-uninformed2
26th March 2009, 02:56 PM
Does it show his bald patch?

BSA5
26th March 2009, 02:58 PM
How is it insulting? It's just meant to be a little artistic. Whether they succeeded in making it artistic or not is another point entirely, but it's hardly an insult.

jono2707
26th March 2009, 03:03 PM
Get over it - who cares - I'm sure Jarrad doesnt.

AnnieH
26th March 2009, 03:04 PM
Does it show his bald patch?

Half of his bald patch.

It's like they just snipped the photo that was on the m/ship renewal in half.

Dalai Lama
26th March 2009, 03:26 PM
hooray Hooray for Toupee McVeigh

magic.merkin
26th March 2009, 03:28 PM
i liked it :/

alison.z
26th March 2009, 04:26 PM
I like it - i think it looks really good but can understand the point about his face not being shown although i really like the image of his back with his arm up!!

satchmopugdog
26th March 2009, 04:38 PM
I like it - i think it looks really good but can understand the point about his face not being shown although i really like the image of his back with his arm up!!

Me too....I like arty farty. My daughters portraits that she does (honoursVCA painting) don't show the whole face but they still display the character of the person..usually through a gesture. McVeigh's gesture is great in this photo as it shows triumph but also shows a tinge of exhaustion as if he has tried his damnest and got there. Just my interpretation.

AnnieH
26th March 2009, 04:38 PM
They could have at least put "McHack 2008 Club Champion" on it like they did for Kirky last year.

If you didn't know better, you could say the "3" was an "8".

bedford
26th March 2009, 04:57 PM
It should have been Kirk on it !

alison.z
26th March 2009, 05:24 PM
Not it shouldn't ... it should be the club champion of the year before - McVeigh!!

desredandwhite
26th March 2009, 07:11 PM
It's just from the membership renewal prospectus!

I actually think it's a great shot - though I also would have gone and sourced another photo for the membership card!! They have all been action shots back as far as I can remember, with the players' name printed

BigD
26th March 2009, 09:31 PM
I like it, but you would have thought they could have found a decent action shot of him. As Des stated for as long as I can remember the card has featured an action shot of the previous years club champion

Big Al
26th March 2009, 09:40 PM
At least you guys have your membership tickets.

If it's the same photo from the brochure then it's hardly an insult. I liked the picture.

Cheer Squad
26th March 2009, 09:48 PM
Previous membership cards have had the player clearly identified with his name and title as club champion. It's not right that Jarrad has been treated differently.

goswannie14
26th March 2009, 10:06 PM
At least you guys have your membership tickets.

If it's the same photo from the brochure then it's hardly an insult. I liked the picture.I agree Al, it's a good photo. However.....

Previous membership cards have had the player clearly identified with his name and title as club champion. It's not right that Jarrad has been treated differently.
That he has been treated differently to past winner of the B&F is not right.