PDA

View Full Version : Photos - Norwest vs UTS (Div 4), 09/05/09

desredandwhite
13th May 2009, 05:45 PM
For the hell of it, I went out to Bruce Purser on Saturday to watch the Jets reserves (a favourite pastime of mine from back in the day when I knew a lot of the guys playing) and grabbed a few pics:

Photo Gallery Here (http://losfp.smugmug.com/gallery/8151903_72MNt)

Unfortunately had to dash off after the first game, otherwise would have loved to have checked out the full day's program at Rouse Hill. The ground scrubs up real well for footy!

Dunger
14th May 2009, 10:34 AM
They're good quality photos desredandwhite, nice work!

BeeEmmAre
14th May 2009, 10:34 AM
Those look absolutely fantastic Des.
Despite the fact it was an early start and we lost the game, it was a fantastic day for both the Nor-West Jets and the East Coast Eagles, and I'm sure it is something we will look at doing again.
We also look forward to the occasions later in the season when ECE's Div 2 and 18 Challenge teams join us for our own version of Super Saturday at Bensons Lane.
Cheerz mate

desredandwhite
14th May 2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the comments guys :)

Yeah, I am hoping to get out to at least a couple more games at Rouse Hill and/or Bensons Lane this year. Good spot to practice taking footy photos, no SCG or ANZ stadium goons wandering over with "No commercial cameras, mate"

stellation
14th May 2009, 12:02 PM
Some pretty suspect looking kicking actions there, if you send them along to one of our Auskick sessions we'd be happy to help the tackers learn how to guide the ball onto their foot.

ScottH
14th May 2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :)

Yeah, I am hoping to get out to at least a couple more games at Rouse Hill and/or Bensons Lane this year. Good spot to practice taking footy photos, no SCG or ANZ stadium goons wandering over with "No commercial cameras, mate"

Is it possible to get Amatuer Accreditation?

stellation
14th May 2009, 12:08 PM
Is it possible to get Amatuer Accreditation?
I recall reading ages ago about a group of American photography buffs who proposed to gain access to basketball games at their college with their fancy cameras by signing agreements that any photographs would be made available under the GPL, no idea what happened from there (I assume it was a no go as free high quality photos is probably precisely what the pro photographers don't want!).

Oscar
14th May 2009, 01:04 PM
With photo quality like that Des, we'll have you back anytime for future Eagles' matches.

Especially those Premier Division twilight games starting at 4.00pm. Should be spectacular as the lights take effect.

michaelvettas
14th May 2009, 03:48 PM
nice work des

BeeEmmAre
14th May 2009, 03:50 PM
Some pretty suspect looking kicking actions there, if you send them along to one of our Auskick sessions we'd be happy to help the tackers learn how to guide the ball onto their foot.

Looks don't always equal results Stella, but that's why we're in Div 4 SAFL and not running around the SCG.

desredandwhite
14th May 2009, 09:33 PM
Cheers Oscar, I will certainly come along to a couple more games.. Rouse Hill is actually just 5 mins away from me (which is a pleasant change to driving an hour to get to the SCG!!!)

Michael, I thought I'd find you in here :)