PDA

View Full Version : AFL:Carlton and Matthew Allan

Troy G
17th February 2003, 02:01 PM
From The AFL.

"The Commission considered the payments made to Matthew Allan last season, for which there was a full and open disclosure by the Carlton Football Club.

"In relation to this matter, the AFL has imposed a sanction of $50,000 on the Carlton Football Club, suspended until December 31 2006 against future breaches of the TPP provisions or conduct prejudicial to the draft.

"This brings to a close the Commission?s consideration of this issue involving the Carlton Football Club."

desredandwhite
17th February 2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Troy G

"This brings to a close the Commission?s consideration of this issue involving the Carlton Football Club."

THIS issue, that is :) They're really copping it from all sides aren't they? and isn't it good to see? :D :D

Skells
18th February 2003, 03:15 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

Apparently Fraser Brown could be banned from attending AFL games due to not co-operating with the investigation.

Skells
18th February 2003, 03:17 PM
Eccept maybe Collingwood.

robbieando
18th February 2003, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't wish this on Collingwood because of 1 reason. They stood up for us in 1992 when Carlton tried to close us down and move in on Sydney. We should forever be thankful for what Collingwood then and NEVER forget what Carlton tried to do.

Charlie
18th February 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
I wouldn't wish this on Collingwood because of 1 reason. They stood up for us in 1992 when Carlton tried to close us down and move in on Sydney. We should forever be thankful for what Collingwood then and NEVER forget what Carlton tried to do.

Nah... let em bleed. They didn't do it for us, they did it to stop Carlton.

robbieando
18th February 2003, 03:49 PM
I know that but still they did it. Doesn't mean I like them but I'm greatful for what they did, no matter what their reason was