PDA

View Full Version : Hall gets 2 weeks

annew
29th June 2009, 06:27 PM
On SMH site

Glenn
29th June 2009, 06:29 PM
Less than what it could have been, and possibly saved him from getting the axe from Sydney

hot potato
29th June 2009, 06:40 PM
That would have been his last chance, he's used up all nine lives...

HP

Chow-Chicker
29th June 2009, 11:18 PM
Blimey, how did he get away with it so lightly?

:confused:

laughingnome
30th June 2009, 12:02 AM
Blimey, how did he get away with it so lightly?

:confused:

From AFL.com:

"Hall can accept a two-week ban for his actions, which were assessed as intentional, of low impact, and of high contact.

His offence drew a total of 225 demerit points, which was increased to 395 after the panel took into consideration his total of eight matches suspended within the last three years and his 57.50 carry-over points."

SimonH
30th June 2009, 12:24 AM
I'm not even slightly surprised. Unless the MRP decided to 'go him', it was always going to be assessed as low impact. Largely because it was, um, low impact.

(Sure, if I was in Ben Rutten's shoes I might say differently, but the fact is Rutten was more mystified/pissed off, than hurt.)

As long as he can offer an on-bended-knee apology to Roos and pass some kind of half-arsed psychological test, I believe we should let BBBH play out the last 7 weeks. Let the boy off the leash and see how much fun he can have! No chance of a 2010 contract, though. Which barely needs saying.

laughingnome
30th June 2009, 02:36 AM
As long as he can offer an on-bended-knee apology to Roos and pass some kind of half-arsed psychological test, I believe we should let BBBH play out the last 7 weeks. Let the boy off the leash and see how much fun he can have! No chance of a 2010 contract, though. Which barely needs saying.

If he does hang up the boots at the end of the year - by choice or by push - is it poor form to rue that we are playing Brisbane in rd 22 and not, say, Carlton? Hall wouldn't be the first player to leave the career laying a heavy hand on the opposition.

timthefish
30th June 2009, 09:34 AM
No chance of a 2010 contract, though. Which barely needs saying.

wouldn't say none. if he gets through the rest of the year okay, they might put him on base + a healthy match and incentives package with a stack of conditions.

unless they manage to scoop a big forward from elsewhere.

snajik
30th June 2009, 10:48 AM
Though it means that our next 2 games will probably move from the "winnable" to "borderline" category as a result of his absence. Lose one or both of these then our season is sunk (if that hasn't already happened). The only ray of sunshine is that they are both at the SCG, but even that may not impede the Bombers.