PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its not a 2 horse race

Pace To Burn
4th July 2009, 07:17 PM
After the Blues and Wollongongs efforts today, maybe East Coast and Wests wont have it all there own way come Sept?

Norris Lurker
4th July 2009, 08:27 PM
There seem to have been a lot more upsets this year. And for the overall health of the competition, that's a good thing.
I thought I was looking at a potential upset at the Village Green when the lead changed 6 times during the last quarter - but then UNSW-ES kicked 7 goals in the last 15 minutes to blow the result out. But to come home to the news that Wollongong held Wests to a draw, and then the result from Bruce Purser - and it shows that the competition is evening up.
A nightmare weekend for the tipsters, but an even competition has to be good for the game.

michaelvettas
4th July 2009, 10:35 PM
interesting week indeed

Remember Me
5th July 2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats to Birdy and C/Town, they have been doing exceptionally well and yesterdays result shows that when this team plays together they can beat anyone. Even a team that thinks there @@@@ hot!!!! but proves MONEY cant buy everything. Rumour has it ECE finished training early on thursday night..11pm. Back to the whiteboard and videos boys.

ShortHalfHead
5th July 2009, 12:22 PM
Been a tough week for the poor old Eagles. Wonder if their lead up to the game was interrupted by:
1) The last week of the GM's tenure
2) The news that 18's "zoning laws" will probably take effect in 2010 and on past experience will be very detrimental to them
3) The loss by the 18's (again) to Penrith in the CC ;)

I really do feel sorry for them.

Note: The last sentence is untrue :D

tara
5th July 2009, 12:26 PM
Been a tough week for the poor old Eagles. Wonder if their lead up to the game was interrupted by:
1) The last week of the GM's tenure
2) The news that 18's "zoning laws" will probably take effect in 2010 and on past experience will be very detrimental to them
3) The loss by the 18's (again) to Penrith in the CC ;)

I really do feel sorry for them.

Note: The last sentence is untrue :D

Your post is almost accurate.

TheRefrigerator
6th July 2009, 11:01 AM
After the Blues and Wollongongs efforts today, maybe East Coast and Wests wont have it all there own way come Sept?

I think that's a fair call to make.

Sometimes
8th July 2009, 04:29 PM

You do realise that, geographically, ECE is the closest Premier Div club to Penrith?

tara
8th July 2009, 04:32 PM
You do realise that, geographically, ECE is the closest Premier Div club to Penrith?

Except that Penrith are now zoned to Campbelltown as are a number of interstate clubs.

Sometimes
8th July 2009, 04:43 PM
Except that Penrith are now zoned to Campbelltown as are a number of interstate clubs.

I'm afraid Campbelltown have drawn a blank there. Having proven themselves in the Challenge Cup as a breeding ground of superstars, Penrith's current crop of young players will actaully be forming the basis of the new Western Sydney side...

tara
8th July 2009, 04:52 PM
Its the zoning looking forward that will have the effect mentioned above. Other Prem D clubs will no longer we able to target the U16 crop in the region. Those kids obviously have the choice of playing at Penrith, Camden or Moorebank if they dont want to go to Cambelltown - they cannot go to other clubs without a justified reason.

Sometimes
8th July 2009, 05:00 PM
Its the zoning looking forward that will have the effect mentioned above. Other Prem D clubs will no longer we able to target the U16 crop in the region. Those kids obviously have the choice of playing at Penrith, Camden or Moorebank if they dont want to go to Cambelltown - they cannot go to other clubs without a justified reason.

Whoa whoa whoa?!? Penrith are running 3rd in Challenge Cup, they've got All-Australian U16 and U18 players lining up to pull on the jumper. I don't see them wanting to play anywhere else.

tara
8th July 2009, 05:04 PM
Whoa whoa whoa?!? Penrith are running 3rd in Challenge Cup, they've got All-Australian U16 and U18 players lining up to pull on the jumper. I don't see them wanting to play anywhere else.

Go back to your original comment regarding ECE - thats all im commenting on - not where the kids want to play.

Sometimes
8th July 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have quoted your post, it wasn't so much in reply to you as it was to poke a bit of fun at other entities.

blueone
8th July 2009, 05:26 PM
not at all a 2 horse race, you will see on our last boundary line edition far from a two horse race, the mighty balmain dockers are coming...... stand by .....and watch out all you teams above us.

boris
9th July 2009, 09:44 AM
i love the optimism at the Dockers, even though they are outright last by a game and a half, they should of been 3rd by now and Hally is doing a magnificent job.

boris
9th July 2009, 10:19 AM
Rumour has it ECE finished training early on thursday night..11pm. Back to the whiteboard and videos boys.

Your above post was close Remember Me, from all reports ECE were at training until 10:30pm tuesday night. I had heard that there coach loves a video session but thats ridiculous. Seeing as half the team live in Campbelltown they wouldnt of got home until 11:30pm.

Cracks are starting to appear people!!

northernspy
9th July 2009, 07:33 PM
Cracks are starting to appear people!!

Well picked up on Boris...

Amazing to see that a team that has suffered a loss on the weekend is willing to work hard on the track and put in a bit of extra time to try and improve their game!

who are they kidding - should probably give up now after the disastrous season they are having

The Purse
10th July 2009, 12:07 PM
Rumour has it, that a 6am training session Saturday morning as well for the ECE boys.

blueone
10th July 2009, 12:32 PM
6am wow.... hally hasnt got our guys to do that and we have lost more games, but as it has been said we could of won a lot of them and its a long season ahead, so stand by , we are proud loyal and passionate

The Purse
10th July 2009, 12:33 PM
what blue pills are you on blue one!

Gambler
12th July 2009, 06:38 PM
Looking at the scores from Henson, I think the Eagles might have found some crack filler on their 6am starts... Anyone at the game able to elaborate on the turnaround? Heartbreaking for Wests with a close loss in the two's as well.

shinerunner
12th July 2009, 07:16 PM
yes gambler i can help you out there
this game i witnessed this arvo was perhapes one of the best football turnarounds/ comebacks i have seen ever.
at half time east coast were litreally down and out up @@@@ creek staring down a thumping in the face. however for some unknow reason wests didnt switch the brains on in the second half and east coast fought out a good win from where they pulled the win in anyones guess. but in the first half of footy wests dominated and ece couldnt man up turnovers cost them almost everytime they disposed of the footy and during the second half ece applied great defencive presure all over the ground wests turnover the ball every chance they got. and it came down to ece straight kicking that got them back into the game. wests were in front with 2 mins to go and mark skuse took the ball from a hitout after a boundry throw in and ran his measure and kicked a goal from 45 to put ece up by i think 3 points
ball went back to centre of ground the ball was bottled up three times resulting in three bounces and the siren sounded on a hard fought out win for the EAGLES

Norris Lurker
12th July 2009, 07:53 PM
Good summary Shinerunner. I'll have a review of the game and some pics up later tonight; but one of the more remarkable games I've seen in Sydney AFL.
At one stage in the second quarter the Magpies led by 61 points. Surely that's a record for the biggest comeback ever.

shinerunner
12th July 2009, 08:15 PM
thanks norris at least you choose not to pay out on my awful spelling/ gramma < wrong ) like i normally seem to get. but yeh i think it would have to be up there with one of the higher margins ever comeback from.

Doormat
12th July 2009, 11:23 PM
You failed to mention about the king hit behind play Shinerunner:mad: Wonder if the you will go to the vidoe tape this week!!

thanks norris at least you choose not to pay out on my awful spelling/ gramma < wrong ) like i normally seem to get. but yeh i think it would have to be up there with one of the higher margins ever comeback from.

Norris Lurker
13th July 2009, 01:03 AM
This week's RWO Sydney AFL report (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=448691#post448691), featuring pics and a report from East Coast's comeback against Wests, is now online.

Pace To Burn
13th July 2009, 12:13 PM
You failed to mention about the king hit behind play Shinerunner:mad: Wonder if the you will go to the vidoe tape this week!!

Who on Who?

shinerunner
13th July 2009, 08:12 PM
dunno wat he would be refering to pace. i may have missed it. if i had to guess maybe bowles on clout that may be wat hes refering too