PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on 300 "Magic" Games!

Matt79
3rd August 2009, 10:50 PM
The first Sydney Swan's player to reach 300 games!!

Congratulations Micky 'O' on an oustanding career and thanks for all the magical memories!

Kick a bag on Sunday!

eggbeater
3rd August 2009, 11:06 PM
:adore :adore:adore:adore

alison.z
3rd August 2009, 11:19 PM
The man's called Magic for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain
3rd August 2009, 11:20 PM
Yep, what an absolute legend. Gutted I can't be there for the big game.

Armchair Coach
3rd August 2009, 11:34 PM
Going to be at this game. Last time we'll see him in Melbourne. Will have tears in my eyes.

DeadlyAkkuret
3rd August 2009, 11:37 PM
What a Champion, it's a shame we haven't really seen his best this year but if he wanted to play another 2 years I wouldn't object to it. It'll be so weird seeing our forward line next year, with no MickyO.

Matt79
3rd August 2009, 11:38 PM
Going to be at this game. Last time we'll see him in Melbourne. Will have tears in my eyes.

Fitting that his last Melbourne game is on the 'G'! Will indeed be an emotional afternoon. I just hope the lads give their all for him.

I think in William's 300th we played the Tigs at the Dome and won by 100+ points...similar would be nice!!

Rod_
3rd August 2009, 11:56 PM
Well done Micky O
To be able to keep up to the game for this length of time is a fantastic feat.

Have a good one.

Rod_

Bloody Hell
4th August 2009, 12:40 AM
Absolute Club Champion.

Thanks Micky O!!!

liz
4th August 2009, 02:23 AM

Collingwood game?

goswannie14
4th August 2009, 08:55 AM
We'll all be going. It will be young Benjamin's first time at the footy.

Jeffers1984
4th August 2009, 09:14 AM
Sir Michael O'Loughlin!

What a dead set champion. Congrats on being the first born and bred Swan to reach 300 games!

Primmy
4th August 2009, 09:32 AM
And he is on 497 goals. We just have to nurse him over the next couple of weeks to get another three. He was awful getting to I think 400. 500 would probably kill him.

Hugs and kisses my lovely.

doctor swan
4th August 2009, 09:45 AM
a absolute legend and most deserving player to play 300 games for the swans. now for 500 goals.
good on you magic, my favourite memory is still after the goal at subi in 06.

Trickster
4th August 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm going to miss Micky O, he is exactly what the Swans Code is about and a great role model for everyone. Hope he gets his 500 goals and a win for his 300th !
I just heard the news that Kirky is 'considering his career options' and will make an announcement sometime this week-Ireland has said strongly that the Swans want him to play on and I really hope he does, I?m not sure if any of the younger guys can quite match his ability to limit his opposition, and I will just plain miss watching him play if he goes

dimelb
4th August 2009, 10:55 AM
Congratulations Micky - age might be catching up but the magic is still there.

Margo
4th August 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm going to miss Micky O, he is exactly what the Swans Code is about and a great role model for everyone. Hope he gets his 500 goals and a win for his 300th !
I just heard the news that Kirky is 'considering his career options' and will make an announcement sometime this week-Ireland has said strongly that the Swans want him to play on and I really hope he does, I?m not sure if any of the younger guys can quite match his ability to limit his opposition, and I will just plain miss watching him play if he goes

Would be devestated to see Kirky go just yet, but he will make the right decision, always does.
Is there an email address to send farewell messages to MOL ? So many kind wishes, he should know how much Mickey Love there is out there.

Trickster
4th August 2009, 11:51 AM
Would be devestated to see Kirky go just yet, but he will make the right decision, always does.
Is there an email address to send farewell messages to MOL ? So many kind wishes, he should know how much Mickey Love there is out there.

That is a brilliant idea! I am so glad his last game is at the SCG!

ShockOfHair
4th August 2009, 11:55 AM
A legend. Win it for Mickey, please.

I've been bracing for MOL's departure all year. I'm not ready yet to say goodbye to Kirk.

Go Swannies
4th August 2009, 12:07 PM

How about:

[email protected]

and they can forward it on. It's worked for me in the past. And maybe RWO could do something for him at the end of the season - a book of Magic threads, perhaps?

Big Al
4th August 2009, 12:16 PM
One of my favourite Swans of all time.

Congratulations Magic and many thanks for all the wonderful memories over the years.

You're a legend.

:adore :adore :adore

Trickster
4th August 2009, 12:19 PM
How about:

[email protected]

and they can forward it on. It's worked for me in the past. And maybe RWO could do something for him at the end of the season - a book of Magic threads, perhaps?

Great idea about using the Swans Membership-though they may give up after the first few hundred messages!

A book of magic threads & fav Magic Moments?

johnno
4th August 2009, 12:32 PM
Anyone else going to the pre game function at MCG on Sunday at 12:30pm, my friend has booked tickets for us, so I am going. Was wondering what people know about the pre match function and who will exactley be there?

swansrob
4th August 2009, 01:39 PM
i'll be at the game on sunday - can't wait.

congratulations magic - thanks for the memories!

Doctor
4th August 2009, 02:11 PM
And he is on 497 goals. We just have to nurse him over the next couple of weeks to get another three. He was awful getting to I think 400. 500 would probably kill him.

Hugs and kisses my lovely.

The scoreboard listed him as having kicked 512 on Saturday night. It wouldn't surprise me if it was wrong but I have a feeling it's right this time.

Primmy
4th August 2009, 02:46 PM
The scoreboard listed him as having kicked 512 on Saturday night. It wouldn't surprise me if it was wrong but I have a feeling it's right this time.

Fine by me!!!! I just quoted the lists.....Happy to be wrong. Did I miss it? Anyone?:eek:

Primmy
4th August 2009, 02:47 PM
How about:

[email protected]

Great idea. So, who has about six months spare to work on this....well we had better cull the thing then.;)

ScottH
4th August 2009, 02:54 PM

No, 512 is correct, got the 500 against Cats in Rd 7, I think.

BeeEmmAre
4th August 2009, 04:23 PM
A true legend and one of the all time greats of the South Melbourne/Sydney Swans.
I shed a tear when you announced your retirement, Mick, and I certainly will on Sunday and again at Round 22.
Play a blinder against the Tigers and hopefully your 21 mates won't let you down.

GO SWANS AND MAGIC MICKEY O!

hot potato
4th August 2009, 07:15 PM
Loved the story of him coming to Sydney and after a week he rang his Mum and said,
"Mum I'm comin home, I don't like this big smoke, it's all too much."
"You stay there son, you'll be allright, don't come home yet."
After another week, he phoned home again.
"Mum, it's still no good, too many cars, too many people, I'm coming home now Mum."
"You can't come home son."
"Why Mum, I need to come home."
"I've sold your bed to your cousin, son."

THANK YOU MRS MAGIC, AND THANK YOU MAGIC.
IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL CAREER, AND WE HAVE ALL LOVED YOU FOR IT.

HP

Blood
4th August 2009, 07:23 PM
Nothing i type can do the man justice.

Onya Micky!!

Lucky Knickers
4th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Oh Mickey you're so fine!
A deserved legend of the club. The milestone made more incredible through the injuries he's overcome to keep getting out there and being one of the most exciting forwards in the league. Full of flair and excitement - the highlight reel is incredible.
It's been an absolute pleasure watching his 300 games, not least for his passion and competitive spirit that was so important in 2005 and 2006.
I can't go past Hungry Jacks without thinking about that moment at Subi.
We'll all be talking about him for years to come!

Hazcam
4th August 2009, 07:44 PM
I love you Magic!! I've followed the bloods for the entire length of your career. Since 1995 you've been in the side and I don't know a swans side without you in the squad.

Hope you make it to round 22, I hope it's not Kirky's last game either, many tears will be shed for sure my friend.

I hate farewelling players. Dale Lewis, Plugger, Kells, Maxfield, Bazza. Now it'll be Leo, Mick, Crouchie and possibly Kirky

:(

How fitting that it is the channel 7 game and Bruce will be commentating it :)

Jewels
4th August 2009, 08:28 PM
Anyone else going to the pre game function at MCG on Sunday at 12:30pm, my friend has booked tickets for us, so I am going. Was wondering what people know about the pre match function and who will exactley be there?

What is the pre-game function and where can I find out more information about it?

ScottH
4th August 2009, 08:53 PM
Past players and officials pre-match function

Celebrating Michael O'Loughlin's milestone of 300 AFL/Club games!

We are pleased to announce a limited number of tickets are available for the past players and officials pre-match function at the MCG on Sunday, where we will be celebrating Michael O'Loughlin's outstanding achievement of 300 games for the Sydney Swans.

Event details:
Date: Sunday 9 August
Time: 12.30pm
Your MC will be Gold 104's Peter 'Grubby' Stubbs
Cost: $35 per person

This event includes a reserved seat and finger food, with drinks available at bar prices.

To book, please phone the Melbourne office on 03 9682 4333. Numbers are strictly limited.

Please note tickets to this event do not include entry into the MCG. Please use your Swans membership card, or purchase a general admission ticket to the match by calling Ticketek on 132 849, or click here to purchase online.

troyjones2525
4th August 2009, 11:52 PM
I'll be there to hopefully celebrate a big win on a special day for one of AFL footballs all time legends! :)

stellation
5th August 2009, 07:49 AM
It's a shame he couldn't do it at the SCG, or even over in Adelaide, but at least we're a chance of winning this one for him!

alison.z
5th August 2009, 10:00 AM
Check out th highlights video on the AFL website ... a nice summary of some magic moments!!

juliec
5th August 2009, 06:50 PM
Congratulations Magic on reaching the 300 games

Thank you for all the memories, mine will always be you running along the boundary line into the faces of those West Coast supporters:) :)

It will be so sad to see you retire:(

I just hope we can win for you

Emerald Hill
5th August 2009, 11:03 PM
Sunday will be a huge occasion for Mickey AND the club.

The first Swans player to play all of 300 games in the red and white. A true club legend!

Let's hope the team can do the right thing for him!!!!

Blood
6th August 2009, 03:23 AM
I love you Magic!! I've followed the bloods for the entire length of your career. Since 1995 you've been in the side and I don't know a swans side without you in the squad.

Hope you make it to round 22, I hope it's not Kirky's last game either, many tears will be shed for sure my friend.

I hate farewelling players. Dale Lewis, Plugger, Kells, Maxfield, Bazza. Now it'll be Leo, Mick, Crouchie and possibly Kirky

:(

How fitting that it is the channel 7 game and Bruce will be commentating it :)

Yep, it's bound to be 'delicious' :D

i'm-uninformed2
6th August 2009, 10:23 AM
Some friends and I got together and dressed up at my house to compile our own little tribute to the man we've enjoyed watching more than any Swan

YouTube - Toni Basil Hey Mickey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CyNvEfWoE&feature=fvw)

Plugger46
6th August 2009, 10:42 AM
Well done Micky. One of my favourites.

timbo
6th August 2009, 10:58 AM
Have some great memories of him and Barry Hall, one of our best ever forward combinations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotXGpd_owg

Hartijon
6th August 2009, 12:30 PM
What an achievement 300 games! MOL is a tribute to himself but also the medical staff. He had some chronic knee problems and overcame them with expert medical help from the Swans team. Those ice baths took some discipline!!! I just think this milestone was in no way easy,,it took enormous effort and sacrifice and determination beyond most individuals. Let's recognise a great man!

AnnieH
6th August 2009, 12:35 PM
Micky.
Please don't go.
Please.

DeadlyAkkuret
6th August 2009, 03:02 PM
God that passage of play and Micky's goals was breath taking, I'm still bitter we didn't go back to back against my most hated team.

31 hard at it
6th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Mickey is a living legend at the Swans and I am sure will one day be inducted to truly reflect this.
He makes going to the football "special".
I hope to be there Sunday to contribute to the applause I am sure all will give him.
The Swans look to the next generation for the spark that he provided.

That clip in Perth showed the Swans at their outstanding best. So many contributed and ran after 4 long quarters.

Mick will be remembered as a Premiership legend.

BigD
6th August 2009, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the 300 Mickey.
You're a true Swannies legend.:adore

I'm just sorry i won't be able to watch it live on TV (I'm working:( )
I'll be setting the VCR before i go though.

573v30
7th August 2009, 09:44 AM
A champion and legend of the club. :adore :adore :adore

Let's get the win for Mickey O. :D

Benny&thejets
7th August 2009, 11:18 PM
A champion and legend of the club. :adore :adore :adore

Let's get the win for Mickey O. :D

Will be there on Sunday and all Swans fans need to fire up and give Micky the best send-off from the G that is humanly possible. Bring banners, flags but most importantly bring yourselves and your voices. It's gonna be big

Glenn
8th August 2009, 06:35 PM
Wish I could be there but with only one day off this weekend, and working Monday it sadly counts that idea out.
Congrats to Micky O not only reaching the 300 game milestone, but creating history as the first player of Sydney to reach the milestone. :adore :adore :adore

Primmy
8th August 2009, 06:59 PM
The dollars just don't allow me to attend (spending them on Club Champion Dinner, and expect a hug from the lad), but we are having a get together at my place with desert cake at half time.
At this point I also expect to be celebrating

Do the man proud boys. We owe him.

Allymay
9th August 2009, 01:13 PM
Congrats Mickey O. One of my favourite players for many years. Fire up boys and give him the win that he so richly deserves. GO SWANNIES!!!:D

cruiser
9th August 2009, 07:30 PM
A magnificent achievement from a true club champion. One of my all time favourite Swans players.

Dave
9th August 2009, 08:05 PM
Glad the boys could give such a spirited performance for Magic.:D

Congrats on a sensational milestone Micky O'!

pinkemu
9th August 2009, 08:12 PM
The dollars just don't allow me to attend (spending them on Club Champion Dinner, and expect a hug from the lad), but we are having a get together at my place with desert cake at half time.
At this point I also expect to be celebrating

Do the man proud boys. We owe him.

I hope you enjoyed a lovely desert wine with that cake P?

31 hard at it
9th August 2009, 08:58 PM
A great game for the 300.
Several goal assists, and a classic contested mark and play on.
Made for a Magic day :) :)

Bazman
9th August 2009, 09:14 PM
How good were the 2 Richmond boys (Newman and Tambling) at the end of the game giving Micky O the ball and a gift. I couldn?t believe Kirky at the end he must have run a 100 meters after the siren to be the first to get to Micky he was so pumped for him. Absolutely brilliant day or you could say it was just Magic???.

pinkemu
9th August 2009, 09:39 PM
How good were the 2 Richmond boys (Newman and Tambling) at the end of the game giving Micky O the ball and a gift. I couldn?t believe Kirky at the end he must have run a 100 meters after the siren to be the first to get to Micky he was so pumped for him. Absolutely brilliant day or you could say it was just Magic???.

The Tigers were very cool with their respect to Mick.

ScottH
9th August 2009, 09:39 PM

Ah, I did not see that. And I wondered where the box came from.

And Yes, Kirk ran straight up the ground before anyone else thought about it.

GoSouth33
9th August 2009, 10:02 PM
Well done Magic but as you said in the press conference it's not just about you: it's the club, the people that went before, the struggles in the move to Sydney.
We need 300 gamers in the club's history: shows strength, stability, loyalty, pride......and that's what we're continuing to build.

Mike_B
9th August 2009, 10:32 PM
Loved the show of pride and emotion from Magic after the game. Once he was interviewed and got the tribute from the Tigers, he started heading towards pockets of Swans fans to acknowledge the cheers and the last and probably biggest group was around the Cheer Squad at the Ponsford Stand end. He initially was about 35m out then jogged down to the goal line, and then held out his guernsey, ala Cressa in 2003 QF, a couple of times before joining the coaching and fitness staff to then be chaired off.

A memorable day for him and for the club. Great to see him have a good game and for the team to make sure it was a fitting result for a club legend.

Young Blood
9th August 2009, 11:39 PM
Great to see the team have a big win and Mick have his best game for the year in his 300th. Loved Kirk running to him after the siren, and Mick recognising the crowd after the game.

Haven't enjoyed a game so much since the 2006 PF against the Dockers.

Well done Magic, one of the greatest Swans of all.

gossipcom
10th August 2009, 12:27 AM
Congrats Magic on a fantastic milestone and game to go with it. :)