PDA

View Full Version : Who from Melbourne?

Plugger46
14th September 2003, 07:27 PM
Who of us Melbourne based supporters will be going to Sydney next weekend, to cheer the boys on?
Or any other supporter who doesn't live in New South Wales.

I'll be there.

Charlie
14th September 2003, 07:35 PM
Yup... I'll be there.

swans_premiers
14th September 2003, 09:17 PM
I'm from Adelaide and there is a chance a might be there, i hope i can and i think i will b, cant wait :)

Reggi
14th September 2003, 09:29 PM
booked

Doctor J.
14th September 2003, 09:40 PM
I'll be there. Planes booked, tickets bought.

Plugger46
14th September 2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
Yup... I'll be there.

How are you getting there Charlie?

Grant
14th September 2003, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world.All booked and ready to go.
5 more sleeps:D

Doctor J.
14th September 2003, 10:56 PM
I am so certain that my 0 from 10 finals record will be broken. This will be it.

Cher
14th September 2003, 10:56 PM
Me too -
It sure is going to be a long week

swansrock4eva
14th September 2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Doctor J.
I am so certain that my 0 from 10 finals record will be broken. This will be it.

It's certainly the right year for it - i broke my 8 season interstate jinx, des broke his interstate jinx, julian broke his adelaide jinx, mike continued his away match anti-jinx... the signs are looking good!

Doctor J.
14th September 2003, 11:07 PM
Jinx Schminx!!!

Who needs em!

anniswan
14th September 2003, 11:19 PM
yep, I'll be there with Cher and Wendy

Dr J, what time u flying up??

Doctor J.
14th September 2003, 11:34 PM
Friday night at about 9.

Will catch up with Reggi and watch the Pies/Port slogfest (hopefully) in some pub in town, before making our way out to homebush

Reggi
15th September 2003, 08:05 AM
Hey Anni - we were going to find a pub - along with BBB and watch the other slugfest.

After Dr J broke his travelling Jinx in July we hafta be a chance.

I'm actually staying out at Homebush.

I'm on the 8pm friday flight

Charlie
15th September 2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Plugger46
How are you getting there Charlie?

Flying to Canberra on Friday, staying with my sister. We'll drive up before the game and go back to Canberra that night.

Ajn
15th September 2003, 09:34 AM
I'll be there, I think I'm behind the goals in Siberia, not that I got a choice when I booked. But don't be suprised if you hear me going off my nut! No matter how far away they put me. Going to bring a little melbourne flavour to the Sydney crowd, we'll give the boys the lift they'll need. It'lll be good to see that "Sydney, Sydney,..." chant from the packed house, though.

SXP
15th September 2003, 09:43 AM
Yep, I'll be there too, flying out on Saturday afternoon.

anniswan
15th September 2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Reggi
Hey Anni - we were going to find a pub - along with BBB and watch the other slugfest.

After Dr J broke his travelling Jinx in July we hafta be a chance.

I'm actually staying out at Homebush.

I'm on the 8pm friday flight

We don't arrive until 3.30 on Saturday, going straight to the ground from the Airport

Triple B
15th September 2003, 01:32 PM
I just spoke to Reggi and we think it best to watch the Wobbles-Port game at the Brewery.

Lots and lots of screens and you can cook yourself a nice steak when it's over before wandering over to the game (or go to the new Macca's next door). I see a fair few others intend getting there as well, so we should be able to commandeer a whole lot of tables and chairs down one end of the bar (away from the TAB).

DrJ, I will ring you later in the week.

jixygirl
15th September 2003, 01:58 PM
Am I the only one that can't go to Sydney. I found out last night that my whole entire extended family will be up in Sydney for the game. If only I had money to buy myself an airfare and a ticket, then I might have been able to go. Sitting in front of the telly, watching the game will all be worth it if we win, because I will go the grand final!

Mel_C
15th September 2003, 02:43 PM
I am flying up Saturday morning and coming back Sunday morning. Don't know where I am sitting yet as I haven't received the tickets. All I know is that it is Prime seating. I just hope it isn't behind the goals!!

I am feeling nervous :(

Snowy
15th September 2003, 05:13 PM
I will be staying with friends in Randwick near Centennial Park, a nice area and they have secured me good tickets as they are Stadium Oz members and have assured me I have good seats.

Doctor J.
15th September 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BBB
I just spoke to Reggi and we think it best to watch the Wobbles-Port game at the Brewery.

Lots and lots of screens and you can cook yourself a nice steak when it's over before wandering over to the game (or go to the new Macca's next door). I see a fair few others intend getting there as well, so we should be able to commandeer a whole lot of tables and chairs down one end of the bar (away from the TAB).

DrJ, I will ring you later in the week.

Sounds good to me.

Reggi
15th September 2003, 07:41 PM
Dr J - with your history we can rely on my 100% winning record in Sydney Preliminary finals to get us by :)

Mark
15th September 2003, 07:46 PM
Reggi, is there a (decent) restaurant in the novotel ?

Marge keen to eat first and cant think of anywhere near

Reggi
15th September 2003, 07:49 PM
Erm - well - let me put it this way.

You get to BBQ your own steak - need I say more?

I ain't kidding about the BBQ your own steak thing

Mark
15th September 2003, 07:53 PM
Ahhh, thanks

Thought the hotel (rather than pub) might have one. Back to the drawing board

desredandwhite
15th September 2003, 07:57 PM
You don't HAVE to bbq your own steak - they usually have a fine selection of dodgy food there already cooked ;) Or there's macca's around the corner. Or if you seriously have nowhere else, then there are normally a number of food stalls between the pub and the stadium on big game days - and this WILL be a big game day

Mark
15th September 2003, 08:01 PM
Ill suggest macca's and see how that goes !!!!!

Grant
15th September 2003, 10:34 PM
I have a 6:15am flight up on sat morning,9:15am flight home on sunday.Sitting 2 bays away from the cheer squad,now just left is accommodation.

robbieando
15th September 2003, 11:06 PM
I'm there

Fly out Friday Morning at 10.15am and get in around Midday. Stay the night at JF's, go to the Footy on the Saturday Night, watch us win, get drunk, fly out Sunday Morning 7.15am. Get into bed around 11am

anniswan
16th September 2003, 12:43 AM
This is looking like the Brewery will be the place to head b4 the game, I don't know any other ritual anyway. From memory there is a TV in the left corner of the place, this is far enuff away from the Bar, and I think this is where BBB was pointing to. The usual RWO groupees congregate outside this area. Should we invest some time in a sign of some sort????????

SXP
16th September 2003, 10:03 AM
Sorry, for my ignorance, but where is The Brewery?

anniswan
16th September 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SXP
Sorry, for my ignorance, but where is The Brewery?

Across the concourse from Stadium Australia

Signatious
16th September 2003, 06:41 PM
I'm leaving by car on Friday morning (around 7am)!! Anyone else driving up to the game, and if so, how long are you banking on it taking to get from Melbourne to Sydney??

Also, I'm sitting in Section 621 (top of stand, half-forward flank, 3rd row). Anyone know what the viewing is like from there. I had the choice between that, or 6 rows from the back on the lower level in the forward pocket. Thought i'd see more of the game from section 621!

Plugger46
16th September 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Signatious
I'm leaving by car on Friday morning (around 7am)!! Anyone else driving up to the game, and if so, how long are you banking on it taking to get from Melbourne to Sydney??

I'm driving by car, with the rest of my family. I'm leaving about 9am Friday, stopping at Goulbourn on the way, and staying there on Friday night. Driving the rest of the way, early Saturday morning. Overall I think it's about a 10 hour drive.

Benevolent Ert
16th September 2003, 08:26 PM
I will BE THERE
didn't think the money gods were going to be kind to me at first - but I WILL get there
Even tho it means spending 12 hours on a cramped bus - but ah well - small price to pay!