PDA

View Full Version : Free beer!

CureTheSane
13th August 2009, 10:26 AM
I've been selling some of my Sydney Swans 2005 Premiers Carlton Draught beer online and came across a couple of cans with small dents in them.
Since I am not going to sell them with imperfections, I thought I'd give them away to anyone here who wants them.

I have two cans to give away, both are in excellent condition aside from the small crease like dents.
Both cans are unopened - still full of beer.
Well past the expiry date, these are souvenirs only - better not to drink them.

They can either be collected from my place in Knoxfield, Vic, or if you want them posted, postage is $5.60

First couple of people to reply can have them

Cheers :)

CureTheSane
13th August 2009, 10:27 AM

ScottH
13th August 2009, 10:33 AM
No thanks. I have a couple of slabs (emptied) gathering dust somewhere.

Go Swannies
13th August 2009, 10:37 AM
What are they selling for per can - I have a couple of full slabs in storage, too?

Cardinal
13th August 2009, 11:39 AM
Did anyone buy a premiership footy ??

j s
13th August 2009, 12:53 PM
Did anyone buy a premiership footy ??
I'm pretty sure Des bought everything available - except the beer.

Go Swannies
13th August 2009, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Des bought everything available - except the beer.

Should I put some on ice?

Big Al
13th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Very disappointing CTS. When I first saw the thread topic it was the fastest I've ever moved to open up a thread and only to find free undrinkable beer was a tad disappointing.. :( ;)

CureTheSane
13th August 2009, 03:42 PM
Well, it IS free beer.
Just not drinkable.
Sorry about the mild heart attack. :)

Go Swannies, the cans are selling for around $15 each usually, which makes the $40 slabs a worthy purchase.

Two cans still available peoples.....

CureTheSane
13th August 2009, 04:19 PM
One gone, one left.

Go Swannies
13th August 2009, 04:38 PM
One gone, one left.

Drink faster!

I was planning on drinking one of mine to celebrate our next flag. Would that be wrong?

CureTheSane
13th August 2009, 05:21 PM
Nah.
Probably a best before date so you can basically have it whenever you like.
The key would be to have had (quite) a few beforehand so that you didn't really taste it.
:)

Triple B
13th August 2009, 05:47 PM
Two cans still available peoples.....

As I suspected......Carlton Draught, can't give it away :p

redunderthebed
13th August 2009, 05:52 PM
Nice of him really.Here it is
'My apologies for the delay in responding. I frankly underestimated the size of the task.

Thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. Let me try and address the issues you raised.

I again apologise for the delays in you receiving your membership pack. A major review of all aspects of Membership will shortly be completed and I am obviously hopeful that these problems will be eliminated in 2010 and beyond.

During the 2008 season we undertook an extensive choice modelling survey which was driven by a well renowned international market research organisation. This was initiated in an attempt to better meet the changing needs of our membership base. As a result of this survey, it was decided that seats would be graded based on their location within both stadia. This was in an attempt to make pricing more equitable for all members. Consequently, some members did experience an increase of up to 30 per cent in the price of their membership. With the value of hindsight we underestimated the number of members that had been adversely affected. This was a serious error of judgement and one that I sincerely regret. I can assure you there will be no price increase in 2010.

I appreciate your comments regarding ANZ Stadium. During our Membership review we will be looking at extending our SCG only packages across all seat categories.

I thank you again for taking the time to respond to my letter, and assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration by myself, the Board and management.

The Board recognise the importance of maintaining an open dialogue with you and all Sydney Swans members, and as such you will receive a further opportunity to tell us about your experience in our annual member satisfaction survey, which you can expect to receive very soon.

I appreciate your commitment to our great Club and I sincerely hope you will join us again as a member in 2010.

Best regards

Richard

AnnieH
13th August 2009, 05:55 PM
But is Richard giving away free beer???

I complained about that!!!

redunderthebed
13th August 2009, 06:00 PM
i guess I posted in the wrong place.
It was supposed to be a new topic.
That's life,pass the beer.

RedRosie
13th August 2009, 07:39 PM
we underestimated the number of members that had been adversely affected.

No the I think that posting here is relevant, I think he is talking about the beer queues :)