PDA

View Full Version : Swans Member Survey ...

RedRosie
19th August 2009, 05:15 PM
Just got mine via email. Going through the questions, player performance, satisfaction with packages, even opinions about the SCG and Homebush atmosphere !!! Looks like it gets down to the nitty gritty but if only the club would read RWO. :)

ugg
19th August 2009, 05:18 PM
Did the survey, clicked submit, and it takes me back to the login page. Login again and all my answers are gone. Not sure if it went through, but I can't be stuffed filling out the whole thing again.

AnnieH
19th August 2009, 05:26 PM
I got it twice (two adult memberships).

I don't like the fact that if some of the "answers" provided aren't that applicable, there's no room to write in an answer that suits more.

I never, ever, ever did that when I was writing market research questionnaires. A good marketer doesn't know all the answers.

Donners
19th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Individual player performance or the team in general?

AnnieH
19th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Individual player performance or the team in general?

Like I said ... it doesn't give you room to be more specific.
I doubt that they're going to trawl through "other comments" - especially if you've written more than 20 words!!

ScottH
19th August 2009, 06:06 PM
Just got mine via email. Going through the questions, player performance, satisfaction with packages, even opinions about the SCG and Homebush atmosphere !!! Looks like it gets down to the nitty gritty but if only the club would read RWO. :)

Oh, but they do!!

stellation
19th August 2009, 06:18 PM
I got it twice (two adult memberships).

I don't like the fact that if some of the "answers" provided aren't that applicable, there's no room to write in an answer that suits more.

I never, ever, ever did that when I was writing market research questionnaires. A good marketer doesn't know all the answers.
Surely that would create a huge extra headache? 83 questions to 20k+ members, even if only 50% respond and of those 50% say 10% are opinionated enough to write in additional responses that's 1k... if they only do it to 5 questions each out of the 83 then someone has to eyeball and try to comprehend 5k entries.

I imagine all they want is very high level figures from it.

Legs Akimbo
19th August 2009, 07:15 PM
Surely that would create a huge extra headache? 83 questions to 20k+ members, even if only 50% respond and of those 50% say 10% are opinionated enough to write in additional responses that's 1k... if they only do it to 5 questions each out of the 83 then someone has to eyeball and try to comprehend 5k entries.

I imagine all they want is very high level figures from it.

Annie H is correct, they should allow 'specify' on their 'others'. Coding 5k open endeds is not that big a deal. The general rule is if you have more than 5% under other, then you have @@@@@@ up your pre-codes.

Primmy
19th August 2009, 07:21 PM
I got frustrated by the single answer too.
How do I get to game?
SCG: car, and walk.
ANZ: car if I can get A park. Bus and 2 trains if I can't, walk, and then bus on return.

Same flat answers with other questions too.....much better but not good enough yet.

bedford
19th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Has anyone got this in Melbourne ?

ScottH
19th August 2009, 08:51 PM
Has anyone got this in Melbourne ?

No.

Nico
19th August 2009, 09:56 PM
If we get a Melbourne one I wonder if they will ask, "do you want us to play at Skilled Stadium in 2010 for the umpteenth year running".

j s
20th August 2009, 12:03 AM
If we get a Melbourne one I wonder if they will ask, "do you want us to play at Skilled Stadium in 2010 for the umpteenth year running".

For some members it's just a stroll to the game - crap venue otherwise though

Wardy
20th August 2009, 08:28 AM

I dont understand whats wrong with playing at Skilled Stadium? (apart from being a crap venue - but then it isn't alone in that department thats for sure) depending on the luck of the draw most other clubs play there once a year as well, so whats the problem?

I thought the question about their complaints handling was a pearler!

goswannie14
20th August 2009, 08:33 AM
I dont understand whats wrong with playing at Skilled Stadium? (apart from being a crap venue - but then it isn't alone in that department thats for sure) depending on the luck of the draw most other clubs play there once a year as well, so whats the problem?

I thought the question about their complaints handling was a pearler!It's in Geelong, you have to book seats or get there when the gates open. Let the Melbourne based teams play there, we only get 6 games in Vic a year and when one of them is at Skilled, for the majority of Swans members that means they can only get to 5 games in a season (barring finals). It is one of the reasons we have down graded our membership for the last 2 seasons.

Wardy
20th August 2009, 08:39 AM
It's in Geelong, you have to book seats or get there when the gates open. Let the Melbourne based teams play there, we only get 6 games in Vic a year and when one of them is at Skilled, for the majority of Swans members that means they can only get to 5 games in a season (barring finals). It is one of the reasons we have down graded our membership for the last 2 seasons.

Sorry I was obviously barking up the wrong tree!! fair enough - I thought that it was just a general whinge about having going to Geelong, and the Geelong team itself (yes I was right off track) and I thought that was a bit rich. Now I see Nico's point - so sorry to you and Nico (I had just finished doing the survey and steam was coming out of my ears!)

I guess our club is unique in that way - 2 membership bases - one town gets more games than the other. Will there ever a happy medium?

Cheer Squad
20th August 2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry I was obviously barking up the wrong tree!! fair enough - I thought that it was just a general whinge about having going to Geelong, and the Geelong team itself (yes I was right off track) and I thought that was a bit rich. Now I see Nico's point - so sorry to you and Nico (I had just finished doing the survey and steam was coming out of my ears!)

I guess our club is unique in that way - 2 membership bases - one town gets more games than the other. Will there ever a happy medium?

Oh, our club is a little more unique than just two membership bases. Don't forget the divisions within the Sydney membership over playing games at the SCG and Homebush. There's far more heat over that than whether we play Geelong at Skilled Stadium.

Wardy
20th August 2009, 09:08 AM
Oh, our club is a little more unique than just two membership bases. Don't forget the divisions within the Sydney membership over playing games at the SCG and Homebush. There's far more heat over that than whether we play Geelong at Skilled Stadium.

Indeed - there is that too - but as far as admin goes - there are two membership bases. I just hope that the club gets it @@@@ together for next year - a repeat of the membership fiasco this year and things could become terminal.