PDA

View Full Version : McVeigh extends contract

Dave
10th September 2009, 11:00 PM
From the Swans Membership Dept:

"Three more for Jarrad McVeigh

Last year's Club Champion, Jarrad McVeigh has this week signed a three-year contract extension with the Sydney Swans.

The 24-year-old has played 123 games, kicked 88 goals and firmly established himself within the Club as a hard-running midfielder."

Nice one.;)

ScottH
11th September 2009, 07:28 AM
Captain-in-waiting signs deal | The Daily Telegraph (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/captain-in-waiting-signs-deal/story-e6frexx0-1225771675699)

Also,

In other Swans news, Western Bulldogs defender Brian Lake, who was deemed a perfect fit by some club greats, seems likely to remain in Melbourne where several clubs have offered him big money while West Coast ruckman Mark Seaby is still on the radar.

eggbeater
11th September 2009, 08:39 AM
Great news!

Although, I've never really thought of McVeigh as a future captain.

Trickster
11th September 2009, 10:13 AM
Great!!

Does anyone know who is left to sign as yet?

cruiser
11th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Great news re McVeigh. I've always been concerned that he may want to play in the same team as his brother. Maybe it'll work out the other way around.

Trickster
11th September 2009, 12:08 PM
Great news re McVeigh. I've always been concerned that he may want to play in the same team as his brother. Maybe it'll work out the other way around.

I know a guy who played with both the McVeigh's at Penno-he has mentioned (frequently :rolleyes: ) that Mark always wanted to be Swan, not sure if we would sign up a 28 year old though. Personally I would not complain about haveing the complete set

swansrob
11th September 2009, 02:10 PM
I seem to remember a year or two ago Jarrad bringing up the possibility of Mark moving to the Swans. Mark might have been out of contract, but I guess there was no interest from the Sydney camp.
If any team gets the 'complete set', it would be Sydney for sure over Essendon.

Trickster
11th September 2009, 08:12 PM
I seem to remember a year or two ago Jarrad bringing up the possibility of Mark moving to the Swans. Mark might have been out of contract, but I guess there was no interest from the Sydney camp.
If any team gets the 'complete set', it would be Sydney for sure over Essendon.

There have been a couple of brief mentions this year about Mark & Sydney, I know both when he was injured and suspended he spent fair amount of time in Sydney with his brother.
Big question is who would we trade for him?

AnnieH
14th September 2009, 12:15 PM
There have been a couple of brief mentions this year about Mark & Sydney, I know both when he was injured and suspended he spent fair amount of time in Sydney with his brother.
Big question is who would we trade for him?

Ablett.

caj23
14th September 2009, 01:20 PM
Dont think Mark will come up - some quote in the paper recently saying something along the lines that he wanted to stay with the bombers as they are on the up while swans in decline

twerp

ScottH
14th September 2009, 01:32 PM
Dont think Mark will come up - some quote in the paper recently saying something along the lines that he wanted to stay with the bombers as they are on the up while swans in decline

twerp

We don't need another tribunal junkie.

BSA5
14th September 2009, 01:35 PM
Ablett.

Plus a 5th rounder! Some realism, please! :cool:

laughingnome
14th September 2009, 06:51 PM

A lot of ink has been used this year saying how much Mark wants the Essendon captaincy. I don't think he'll get it - Jobe Watson is a shoe in - but it highlights the value he puts on being at Essendon. Won't move.