PDA

View Full Version : Debutants

TheMase
18th February 2003, 09:53 AM
I wasn't at the match on the weekend, but from what everyone saw, do we expect any of the new players to debut this year.

These are the players I mean.

Thewlis (Sounds good from what I have heard)
Malceski
McVeigh (I know he probably wont)
Dempster
Powell
Schneider

There are a few.

Rizzo
18th February 2003, 11:26 AM
Dempster kicked 2 at NSO so we may see more of him.

robbieando
18th February 2003, 12:08 PM
Powell should get a chance at some stage, the others are doubtful but if they show good form early on there is no reason why they can't. Also I see LRT getting a run early on when he gets over his injuries.

jude_boltons_babe
18th February 2003, 12:19 PM
i think josh thewlis played great at north sydney oval so i hope he plays some this year

robbieando
18th February 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i think josh thewlis played great at north sydney oval so i hope he plays some this year

this list grows :D :D

TheMase
18th February 2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
this list grows :D :D

:p

Cheer Cheer
18th February 2003, 02:06 PM
I think we will have a better idea after the wizard cup game(s) and following practice matches. Its too hard to answer at the moment after one game. Reserve your judgement a week before roound 1.

Norris Lurker
18th February 2003, 07:53 PM
I'll have to agree with Cheer Cheer. It's too early to really tell after one game; but if they play well with the Redbacks during the season they may get their chance.
The Redbacks side will be together playing in the ACTAFL, with their home games as curtain raisers to the Swans games at the SCG. It may be worth coming in early if you want to have a look at how they're progressing.

liz
18th February 2003, 10:45 PM
The thing in Thewlis' favour is that he already has a strong enough build to play senior footy. Powell, Dempster, Malceski, McVeigh, possibly Hunt if we ever get to see him, are all much skinnier. Lack of bulk didn't prevent Sunny debuting last year but they'd have to show very good form to warrant a chance.

I reckon Schneider might be another one who stands a chance. He's not exactly big yet but it probably matters less in his position. After all, Kirk has very little bulk about him but is still effective at senior level.

Ajn
19th February 2003, 10:22 PM
thewlis impressed, can't ask for more than that. A new coach favourite?