PDA

View Full Version : Exactly 4 years ago.....

goswannie14
24th September 2009, 05:52 PM
I was sitting on the edge of my seat hoping....

Then I was crying, laughing and singing "Cheer, cheer the red and the white" until I was hoarse. I also kissed and hugged many people that I didn't know. If any of them are on here, thank you for the memories!!!

Plugger46
24th September 2009, 05:57 PM
Was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today.

dread and might
24th September 2009, 08:11 PM
In New Zealand having caught a plane the morning after the PF:frown

ScottH
24th September 2009, 08:39 PM
Singing and swearing, no crying.

Jewels
24th September 2009, 09:39 PM

You must be the only one.....

ScottH
24th September 2009, 09:42 PM
You must be the only one.....

No. Mochaholic didn't either.
Who I sat with.

Bazman
25th September 2009, 09:05 AM
Wow just finished watching the game and all i can say is ....
When i got home from the game that day i deleted it and had no interest in ever wanting to watch it, so yesterday/today it was like a game i hadnt seen.
And wow we were so close.:frown

BeeEmmAre
25th September 2009, 12:37 PM

Watched the last play again on YouTube last night. Cried again.

top40
25th September 2009, 01:32 PM
I was sitting at the G in the brand new section, level 1, between the Great Southern Stand and the Members area at the Punt Road side of the ground.

I remember that when Cousins kicked the goal early in the last quarter, I turned to my 6 year son, and quietly said to him: "I don't think we're going to win me, mate"

By the time Amon put us in front, I was so nervous that I felt sick, very sick. The bloke next to me, (who I remember was South African), said to me: "Are you OK?"

For the last 3 minutes or so I keep turning to the guy behind, (who was listening to the radio), asking "how long to go?". I must have turned around to enquiry every 20 seconds or so. (How could a quarter with just 4 goals and no serious injuries have lasted nearly 33 minutes!)

I recall getting really aggressive when Adam Goodes got the fifty metre free, and unfairly having a go at nearby Eagles supporters, who were actually very well behaved.

I don't really remember the Leo Barry mark.

I do remember hearing the final siren, whereupon my son screams: "They won because of my birthday" (He was turning 6 in three days time)

I then remember crying, really bawling, and hugging those around me, including Kenny's Mrs, who I didn't know, (and still don't know her).

The only negative moments came when I met my parents-in-law outside the ground. They are from Perth and are West Coast Eagles supporters. My gracious mother-in-law says to me: "Why are you so happy, you are only be supporting the Swans for 10 years?" . And my usually nice father-in-law was complaining. (whilst we were on the tram to the City), about Barry Hall having been permitted to play.

The next morning I woke up. After a few seconds of awakening, I realised that the Sydney Swans had just won the flag! Wow!

Bazman
25th September 2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry i was thinking 06.

BSA5
25th September 2009, 09:30 PM
I was sitting at the other end of the ground to the Leo mark, but remember it clear as day. I was on the edge of my seat, and I saw the ball hoisted high, and a massive pack form. Desperately, I looked up at the screen to see what had happened, and saw Leo walking back with the ball in hand, and I felt hugely relieved. I guess I looked back at the play before Tadhg jumped on Leo's back when the siren went, because I didn't hear the siren at first (most people around us didn't), just heard this roar erupt from further up the field. I turned to the people I was with and said "What's happening? Did we win? We won! WE @@@@ING WON!", and so on, and we started jumping and swearing (well, really just me) and hugging each other. It was amazing, but absolutely nerve-wracking.

The walk around Melbourne that night was amazing. People were just coming up to us and congratulating us (we were still wearing red and white), and I really couldn't believe we'd won! From when I started following footy properly, my experience was that Essendon, Brisbane and Port won Premierships. The Swans weren't meant to. But we @@@@ing did, and what a day it was!

Darren Thomson
25th September 2009, 09:43 PM
I was one of the unfortunates who had to watch 05 on tv, at a mates place because he had a 50 inch tv.He also had a new baby, which he gave me to hold. Lovely baby, who very nearly went flying accross the room when NOG kicked that ball to Cousins. Shortly thereafter a cup of coffee (I'm a non drinker), disappeared into the previously white shag carpet. It was a day to remember for more than one reason hehe