3 MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
4 MOOREBANK SPORTS
5 PENRITH
6 HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA
7 CAMDEN

Pekay
30th September 2009, 04:07 PM
Seems the logical fit in all grades.
From what i can gather, the Sharks are keen on forming a third grade senior team, so they could slot into Div 4, and a team from Randwick/Maroubra is in the formative stages of being created, with their aim to field a team next year, so perhaps Div 4, maybe 3. Randwick Saints AFL (http://www.randwicksaints.com/#/seniors/4533971980)
All others seem to be a reasonable fit, pretty much got it on the head, although i can't imagine Campbelltown being happy to drop down again, but their results in Div 2 have not been the best. We'll see how it pans out.

Hawknik
30th September 2009, 04:19 PM
I imagine St George will put up a fight also - considering strength of their U18's this year.Agree with UTS and Manly to Prem Div also, and do not think the league would disagree, but question is if the Club wants to?

shearer
30th September 2009, 04:21 PM
can i ask WTF are Southern Power doing in Div 1 when they didnt even make the GF AND why should St George have to make way for them if they are going to expand the number of teams?

Makes a lot of sense in developing juniors with a view to making them senior players and then having them play in div 2. When they do make there senior debut there is a huge gulf in class and they wouldnt be prepared.

OLDMATE
30th September 2009, 04:44 PM
Cant see how st george 2s can stay up there about 20 goals off beating anyone in div 1. Probably finish mid table in div 2!!!
I think Manly would find it tough in prem they haven't got anywhere near the depth of uts?
When do the official decisions get made?

Matty
30th September 2009, 04:47 PM
Although Ctown were very poor this year I think dropping their reserves is a bit harsh. Would be a bit of a joke having a Prem Div side having their twos playing in the fourth best comp!
This is a results based system though and as Ctown are getting dropped then St George should be dropped to div 2 as they only won ONE game this year! When their juniors are good enough to play seniors/reserve grade their results will improve and they will go back up a division.

shearer
30th September 2009, 04:48 PM
considering we played finals the year before it shows things can change a LOT in one season and i know we wont be as depleted as the season just gone.

tara
30th September 2009, 04:49 PM
can i ask WTF are Southern Power doing in Div 1 when they didnt even make the GF AND why should St George have to make way for them if they are going to expand the number of teams?

Makes a lot of sense in developing juniors with a view to making them senior players and then having them play in div 2. When they do make there senior debut there is a huge gulf in class and they wouldnt be prepared.

Shearer I think that this is someone thoughts not an official proposal.

Pekay
30th September 2009, 04:56 PM
can i ask WTF are Southern Power doing in Div 1 .
The same could be said for the Jets moving up to Div 2, we finished first and like Sharks, straight sets out, but we will be applying to go up nonetheless.

chaz
30th September 2009, 06:35 PM
there is no way manly are good enough for prem div

Pace To Burn
30th September 2009, 10:15 PM
there is no way manly are good enough for prem div

Def not. The only side that would be a chance is UTS, and i still reckon they would be in the lower half of the ladder. I know they won 1st Div Easily but play East Coasts Reserves against any of the bottom 4 Sides in Premeir Div at full strength and they would towel them also. I def think/hope that they should go up, they are obviously well run, have the player depth etc so the more the merrier i say. But realistically Manly, Sharks, Mac Uni, Parra, i dont think will ever be good enough as their just isnt enough good players around to fill that many 1st Grade sides. In terms of the Lower grade movements, i think the only sensible thing for the league to do is judge each club on their list for next year and nominate and then decide. Eg St George will obviously be stronger again as their 18s come up, and if we were to recuit another say 5 First graders the guys dropping back to play 2nd Div from our seniors would make a big diff to that side as well as the 18s coming through. As Shearer said you cant always judge what will happen next year on what happened this year, im sure their wouldnt have been one person on here 12 months ago saying we would play finals this year

Pace To Burn
30th September 2009, 10:26 PM
What are your thoughts on the a structure that would look like -
Note: Bold is a changed grade

Premier
1 EAST COAST EAGLES
2 WESTERN SUBURBS
3 UNSW/ES
4 PENNANT HILLS
5 CAMPBELLTOWN
6 SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
7 NORTH SHORE
8 ST GEORGE
9 WOLLONGONG
10 BALMAIN DOCKERS
11 UTS

]Div 1
1 EAST COAST EAGLES
2 SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
3 UNSW/ES
4 PENNANT HILLS
5 WESTERN SUBURBS
6 WOLLONGONG
7 NORTH SHORE
8 ST GEORGE
9 MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
10 UTS
11 MANLY
Div 2
1 SOUTHERN POWER
2 HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA
3 SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
4 BALMAIN DOCKERS
5 MANLY-WARRINGAH
6 CAMDEN
7 EAST COAST EAGLES
8 NOR-WEST
9 UNSW/ES
10 UTS
11 CAMPBELLTOWN
Div 3
[1 NOR-WEST[/B]
2 MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
3 MOOREBANK SPORTS
4 PENNANT HILLS
5 PENRITH
6 SOUTHERN POWER
7 HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA
8 SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
9 UNSW/ES

[B]Div 4
1 MANLY-WARRINGAH
2 UTS
3 MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
4 MOOREBANK SPORTS
5 PENRITH
6 HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA
7 CAMDEN

For What its worth

Norris Lurker
1st October 2009, 06:57 AM
I can't see any argument for promoting Manly to Premier Division. UTS would be competitive, but I can't see that Manly would be.
But I'm not keen on having an 11-team Premier Division. Unless we're going to play through the long weekends, and catch up on any postponed games midweek, there's not really any scope to extend the season - and with 18 rounds with 2 byes we're cutting each club back to 16 games.
So I wouldn't be keen on promoting UTS unless Balmain were relegated.

Tom Wills
1st October 2009, 09:56 AM
With all the discussion regarding teams being promoted and would they be match it in the next grade (ie UTS, Manly, Mac Uni, Sharks, Nor West etc) IMO we are aiming our expectations too high.

In other promotion / relagation comps around Australia when you get promoted your first objective is stay in the next level comp for your first year. You consolidate then prepare your club to improve over a couple of years.

Discussions on this board seem to be if a team would match it with the top sides and make the finals.

Specifically in the case of Manly IMO it should be will they be competitive against the bottom 4 sides (NORTH SHORE, ST GEORGE, WOLLONGONG & BALMAIN DOCKERS). If they happen to also, in a few games, push the better sides that is a great first year up. The same applies to all sides we are discussing about promotion - will they be competative against the bottom 4 sides?

I, and many others, see the new strucutre a success but we must fix up a comp where at the end of the home and away sides in Div 1 UTS and Manly loose 0 and 3 games, in Div 2 Sharks and Mac loose 0 and 2, Div 3 NorWest and UNSW loose 1 and 1 games. Winning streaks like these stuff the comp they are in; as do loosing streaks where you only 1 or 2 games for the year (St George and Campbelltown).

The Insider
1st October 2009, 11:35 AM
In response to Tom Wills, i think it is way too early to call this new structure a success. In the next few years the true impact of the change will be felt, when clubs are playing at different grounds and resources are pushed to the limit. Also, a huge number of players will become disheartened when they are dropped from first grade and end up playing against fat old men and young boys in division 2 or 3. In 5 years time if, and when, no clubs have had to fold due to the change, this experiment can be labelled a success.

Pace To Burn
1st October 2009, 09:52 PM
With all the discussion regarding teams being promoted and would they be match it in the next grade (ie UTS, Manly, Mac Uni, Sharks, Nor West etc) IMO we are aiming our expectations too high.

In other promotion / relagation comps around Australia when you get promoted your first objective is stay in the next level comp for your first year. You consolidate then prepare your club to improve over a couple of years.

Discussions on this board seem to be if a team would match it with the top sides and make the finals.

Specifically in the case of Manly IMO it should be will they be competitive against the bottom 4 sides (NORTH SHORE, ST GEORGE, WOLLONGONG & BALMAIN DOCKERS). If they happen to also, in a few games, push the better sides that is a great first year up. The same applies to all sides we are discussing about promotion - will they be competative against the bottom 4 sides?

I, and many others, see the new strucutre a success but we must fix up a comp where at the end of the home and away sides in Div 1 UTS and Manly loose 0 and 3 games, in Div 2 Sharks and Mac loose 0 and 2, Div 3 NorWest and UNSW loose 1 and 1 games. Winning streaks like these stuff the comp they are in; as do loosing streaks where you only 1 or 2 games for the year (St George and Campbelltown).

You musnt have read my earlier post;) No they wouldnt