PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Sydney Mr Seaby

pig@fullforward
5th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Good get i think & will be gold now given the departure of Jolly.
If by some miracle jolly stays then awesome ruck duo!

goswannies
5th October 2009, 06:57 PM
If by some miracle jolly stays then awesome ruck duo!

If Jolly stays, how can our list cope with Pyke, Currie, Orreal, +- White (though he'll cope as a forward, obviously), Playfair (who hasn't been mentioned much). Surely with Seaby coming, that's the preparation for Darren departing? I hope Steve Taubert can work his magic with Seaby like he did with Ball and Jolly before him.

liz
5th October 2009, 07:10 PM
If Jolly stays, how can our list cope with Pyke, Currie, Orreal, +- White (though he'll cope as a forward, obviously), Playfair (who hasn't been mentioned much). Surely with Seaby coming, that's the preparation for Darren departing? I hope Steve Taubert can work his magic with Seaby like he did with Ball and Jolly before him.

Playfair - if he survives - and White are clearly forwards. And given Roos thinks he wants another ruck, you'd presume so. Orreal and Pyke are still very much projects, while it remains to be seen whether Currie will start getting a better run from the injury gods.

hammo
5th October 2009, 07:13 PM

You might be able to add another one to the list

Swans would trade for experienced ruck - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=85758)

I think Playfair will be delisted and not expecting Orreal to be anywhere but the rookie list next year.

Robbo
5th October 2009, 07:17 PM
I thought it would be Seaby and Currie next year, with Pyke and Orreal as backup.

pig@fullforward
5th October 2009, 07:20 PM
expect Chris Bryan or Paul Johnson to arrive @ sydney then

Primmy
5th October 2009, 07:41 PM
I am sure our faaaabulous rucking coach can up Mr Seaby's ante. BUT I am not sure I can cope with an Eagle in the Swans Nest. Its all wrong. I am not actually complaining, just whinging a bit. Hmmm. Not sure what to think. Good sure, but Hes A Flipping (Ex) Eagle!!

ugg
5th October 2009, 07:43 PM
I am sure our faaaabulous rucking coach can up Mr Seaby's ante. BUT I am not sure I can cope with an Eagle in the Swans Nest. Its all wrong. I am not actually complaining, just whinging a bit. Hmmm. Not sure what to think. Good sure, but Hes A Flipping (Ex) Eagle!!
Jason Ball just cried a little.

I really hope we don't go all out chasing another ruckman, and end up using the pick 28 we managed to finagle for Monty.

Jewels
5th October 2009, 08:10 PM

Does the name JASON BALL ring any bells.

dimelb
5th October 2009, 09:52 PM
Pleased to have him. He'll do OK.

laughingnome
5th October 2009, 09:57 PM
Pleased to have him. He'll do OK.

I approve of these sentiments.

I don't like change so in principle I hate trade week, but in light of Jolly's wants Seaby is a good acquisition.

573v30
5th October 2009, 10:13 PM
Seaby gets his 2nd chance, I hope he does well for us.

DeadlyAkkuret
5th October 2009, 10:36 PM
Seaby joins us at the right time. With Leo Barry having retired this year, Seaby wont have to go through the trauma of seeing the back of him.

Primmy
6th October 2009, 07:53 AM
Does the name JASON BALL ring any bells.

Jason Ball was Great. He also came over to the light side before the battles began in earnest. ;)

Reggi
6th October 2009, 07:59 AM
Seaby joins us at the right time. With Leo Barry having retired this year, Seaby wont have to go through the trauma of seeing the back of him.

LoL :D - a flash before his eyes

Trickster
6th October 2009, 09:35 AM

If we can welcome an ex pie surely an ex weevile is easy

AnnieH
6th October 2009, 10:02 AM
If we can welcome an ex pie surely an ex weevile is easy

It's a little bit more difficult ... and he's a bible basher - we need a new one now that Crouchy's gone.

reigning premier
6th October 2009, 10:57 AM
Great deal for Sydney. Kudos to those responsible.

I'll gladly take the ruckman that's 2nd to Cox.

SwansFan1972
6th October 2009, 11:10 AM
If recent history can be repeated, we could be very pleased with Seaby.

Jolls came to us without much fanfare after struggling to get game time from a dominant ruckman (Jeff White). In a new home, and safe in the knowledge he held the number 1 tag, he thrived. Seaby has experienced much the same at the weagles, so as the top dog in his new home hopefully he will thrive too.

Lucky Knickers
6th October 2009, 11:12 AM
Hello Mark Seaby,
Even though your name is not Jarrod/ryd/red or some other combination of this, it's great to have a Mark on our list.
Welcome to the red and white family. Let's kick some arse in 2010!

Blood
6th October 2009, 11:18 AM
This deal gains value exponentially if Jolly goes (which is looking likely), given that Buchanan was stagnating.

How long do you guys reckon we'll get from him - 3 seasons perhaps?

Robbo
6th October 2009, 11:23 AM
Seaby could be around for another 6 or 7 years yet....he doesn't get injured much.

Blood
6th October 2009, 11:30 AM
Seaby could be around for another 6 or 7 years yet....he doesn't get injured much.

Yes, but will he be a MOBILE and EFFECTIVE ruckman in 6 years time?

I mean, surely the last thing we want is another Spida, barely dragging himself around the ground and playing 25 minutes a game.

Realistically, i reckon if we get more than 4 years as a top notch ruckman it's a super trade.

Robbo
6th October 2009, 11:32 AM
He has never been given an extended chance as a number 1 ruckman in an AFL side. He could really flourish.

Jewels
6th October 2009, 11:59 AM
How long do you guys reckon we'll get from him - 3 seasons perhaps?

He only turned 25 in May so I reckon we can reasonably expect 6 to 7 seasons

AnnieH
6th October 2009, 12:14 PM
Damn. It started.
The budgie criminal fan who called me early this morning (really, really freaking early their time) telling me how much they've been robbed, blah, blah, etc. etc.
My answer ... I hope the big Cox doesn't get injured in Round 1. Criminals would be up @@@@ creek without a ruckman.

dread and might
6th October 2009, 01:05 PM
^^
Nic Nat?

hammo
6th October 2009, 01:11 PM
The reason Seaby asked to be traded is because he was effectively the Weagles' fourth choice ruckman behind Cox, Natanui and even Lynch.

reigning premier
6th October 2009, 02:58 PM
^^
Nic Nat?

Perhaps I'm being harsh but..... I reckon he's a spud. Jack Watts like. All the hype, and just ordinary. Mr Hannebery looks a much better player than both of these clowns.

reigning premier
6th October 2009, 03:00 PM
The reason Seaby asked to be traded is because he was effectively the Weagles' fourth choice ruckman behind Cox, Natanui and even Lynch.

Strange though. Clearly Woosha has no intention of ever playing two dedicated rucks otherwise Seaby would be getting a game. Either that or there's a bit of something going on in the background ala Kent Kingsley and Mark Thompson. ;)

Lucky Knickers
6th October 2009, 03:32 PM
Perhaps I'm being harsh but..... I reckon he's a spud. Jack Watts like. All the hype, and just ordinary. Mr Hannebery looks a much better player than both of these clowns.

Ouch! Harsh on first year KPPs.

reigning premier
6th October 2009, 03:52 PM
Ouch! Harsh on first year KPPs.

Harsh, but very, very fair...... :D

DeadlyAkkuret
6th October 2009, 04:45 PM
According to most WCE supporters he has the "potential" to be the best player ever.

:rolleyes:

royboy42
6th October 2009, 06:20 PM

This could be a prime candidate for ' let's look back on pessimistic posts about Watts and Natanui', in a few years.
Only kids still, but enormously regarded. Watts completely out of his depth this year and Nat battled away. We're just lucky that Hanna had a stronger, more developed body!. Wish we had all 3!!!

IrishSwanPerth
7th October 2009, 12:24 PM
My God Im still in shock we gave pick 22 for Seaby, he was 4th-5th on the eagles list. They played Lynch in the rook before him.
Eagles supporters are laughing, again another average player.
great work Swans,
I'd rather give a kid ago and keep our draft.
I hope Seaby proves me wrong

BSA5
7th October 2009, 12:36 PM
My God Im still in shock we gave pick 22 for Seaby, he was 4th-5th on the eagles list. They played Lynch in the rook before him.
Eagles supporters are laughing, again another average player.
great work Swans,
I'd rather give a kid ago and keep our draft.
I hope Seaby proves me wrong

We didn't: we downgraded pick 22 to pick 28 for him. We upgraded pick 47 to pick 39 for Buchy. We did OK. I thought we could have gotten more for Buchy in isolation, but in the context of the three way deal, we did OK.

laughingnome
7th October 2009, 12:39 PM
Quite right BSA5, I'm pretty sure every club in that deal has come out pleased with the result.

ep2006
8th October 2009, 01:21 AM

A lot of his ruckwork, particularly towards the end of the season, some of it was truly freakish.

He kicks like a horse though, he will need to work on that a lot.

Red
8th October 2009, 11:39 AM
We didn't: we downgraded pick 22 to pick 28 for him. We upgraded pick 47 to pick 39 for Buchy. We did OK. I thought we could have gotten more for Buchy in isolation, but in the context of the three way deal, we did OK.

So we do have pick 39?

If so, that is the best explanation of this deal I've seen so far.

wearebloods
8th October 2009, 11:57 AM
So we do have pick 39? If so, that is the best explanation of this deal I've seen so far.Yes we do

johnno
8th October 2009, 02:09 PM
I too welcome you to the Sydney Swans Mr Seaby. I just have one bit of advice for you though....If/When you get moved into the forward line at various stages in 2010, dont you EVER let a smallish full back drift from the side to take a mark in front of your outstreched arms:eek: . You have been picked up by the swans to TAKE those marks;) .

BeeEmmAre
8th October 2009, 07:19 PM
I too welcome you to the Sydney Swans Mr Seaby. I just have one bit of advice for you though....If/When you get moved into the forward line at various stages in 2010, dont you EVER let a smallish full back drift from the side to take a mark in front of your outstreched arms:eek: . You have been picked up by the swans to TAKE those marks;) .

:D :eek:

Dave
8th October 2009, 10:13 PM
Welcome Seabs. Go Hard son.;)