PDA

View Full Version : Channel 7two = FOOTBALL

laughingnome
2nd November 2009, 11:14 PM
Heaven knows I'm not alone in my distaste over Channel 7's coverage of the AFL. Nothing new to gripe about, but there has been a long list of grievences, especially in the northern states. So sure, the replays are on in the middle of the night, but the fact is Channel 7 has a backlog of VFL/AFL content and 7two is screening it every night.

Tonight is the 1984 Grand Final (Essendon v Hawthorn) followed by the 2007 2nd Semi Final (West Coast v Collingwood).

It starts at 1am and goes till 6, with both matches screened in full. So if you can't stay up it might be worth recording them, if like me you just want to fill your off-season footy fix (or see a good old-fashioned punch up).

RogueSwan
3rd November 2009, 12:24 PM
No joy though if you get Prime. They have not even confirmed they will broadcast it. Guestimates are it may start Jan 2010

AnnieH
3rd November 2009, 01:06 PM
Heaven knows I'm not alone in my distaste over Channel 7's coverage of the AFL. Nothing new to gripe about, but there has been a long list of grievences, especially in the northern states. So sure, the replays are on in the middle of the night, but the fact is Channel 7 has a backlog of VFL/AFL content and 7two is screening it every night.

Tonight is the 1984 Grand Final (Essendon v Hawthorn) followed by the 2007 2nd Semi Final (West Coast v Collingwood).

It starts at 1am and goes till 6, with both matches screened in full. So if you can't stay up it might be worth recording them, if like me you just want to fill your off-season footy fix (or see a good old-fashioned punch up).

Here's the really exciting bit ... they play TWO classic games every night.

Why doesn't Foxtel have the new 7.2 station???

laughingnome
3rd November 2009, 01:28 PM
Why doesn't Foxtel have the new 7.2 station???

They will eventually, but they can see a reason to be deliberately slow about it. Look how long it took them to broadcast One, and I'm pretty sure Go! isn't on their list yet.

goswannie14
3rd November 2009, 01:49 PM
No joy though if you get Prime. They have not even confirmed they will broadcast it. Guestimates are it may start Jan 2010Yeah, I was looking for it this morning....:mad:

AnnieH
3rd November 2009, 02:08 PM
They will eventually, but they can see a reason to be deliberately slow about it. Look how long it took them to broadcast One, and I'm pretty sure Go! isn't on their list yet.

Maybe on 15/11 when they update everything else.

Here's hoping.

ScottH
8th November 2009, 07:22 PM
1999 Round 3: Essendon v Sydney Swans

1am ? 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 9 November 2009

Frantic Finishes:
1996 Round ?: Sydney Swans v Essendon

1am ? 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 11 November 2009

Mike_B
8th November 2009, 10:16 PM
1999 Round 3: Essendon v Sydney Swans

1am ? 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 9 November 2009

Wouldn't bother with this one - we got belted and Lloyd kicked double figures...

laughingnome
8th November 2009, 10:29 PM
Frantic Finishes:
1996 Round ?: Sydney Swans v Essendon

1am ? 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 11 November 2009

Round 6 or the preliminary final? They were both crackers.

ScottH
9th November 2009, 06:20 AM
Wouldn't bother with this one - we got belted and Lloyd kicked double figures...I didn't. ;)

Round 6 or the preliminary final? They were both crackers.Round 6.

j s
10th November 2009, 03:00 PM
Frantic Finishes:
1996 Round 6: Sydney Swans v Essendon

1am ? 3.30am 7TWO
Monday 11 November 2009

IIRC this game was notable for being a mudbath (the Little Leaguers had great fun sliding around) and for the scoreboard being wrong (by one point) at the end of the game.

I'm looking forward to watching it again.

Triple B
10th November 2009, 03:15 PM
js, I missed this game, I was in Noosa with a bridge group and remember trying to get scores. I think u are correct about the mud, with Hird kicking a point late in the match for a draw.

I'm pretty sure it's not the scoreboard wrong game however. I was at that game and I clearly remember Matty Nicks riskily clearing the ball from the goal line when he could have rushed it over for a behind. The details are sketchy in my mind and I can't remember the significance of that particular piece of play, but I remember it as confirmation at the time that the players themselves were aware the scoreboard was wrong.

j s
10th November 2009, 03:44 PM
js, I missed this game, I was in Noosa with a bridge group and remember trying to get scores. I think u are correct about the mud, with Hird kicking a point late in the match for a draw.

I'm pretty sure it's not the scoreboard wrong game however. I was at that game and I clearly remember Matty Nicks riskily clearing the ball from the goal line when he could have rushed it over for a behind. The details are sketchy in my mind and I can't remember the significance of that particular piece of play, but I remember it as confirmation at the time that the players themselves were aware the scoreboard was wrong.
Yeah - I think it might be R15 1997 that I'm thinking of.

laughingnome
15th November 2009, 10:39 PM
AFL Superstars
1998 Round 9: Sydney v Hawthorn

1.30am ? 3.45am
Monday 16 November 2009

I can't remember how this one played out off-hand. "Superstars" probably implies a Lockett v Dunstall type match...

Wardy
16th November 2009, 07:27 AM
They have Footy Flashbacks on every Saturday & Sunday Morning as well and I was treated to two of the best Grandfinals between Carlton and Collingwood -1970, with "The" Jezza mark, a very skinny kid called Robert Walls along with John Nicolls who had the biggest thighs & matching shorts I have ever seen, and of course there was coach Barassi. The second was the 1979 granny - which was my fave as I had a chance to perv on my teenage crush once again - Carltons Mark McClure - god he was georgous then - but like all of us who are getting on a bit - he's gone to seed - there was Harms, Doull (who I swear has had that bald bit his entire life!), Marcou, Jezza, Southby and the list goes on. I have to say our current AFL chairman & former Blues ruckman, Mike Fitzpatrick had the best set of guns - whoa!!!! They also showed the 1996 Grand final on Saturday as well (but I couldnt watch the second half!) - So I guess if you want to have a lazy cuppa infront of the box on a Saturday and Sunday morning - switch over to Seven2. At the very least its a bit of a footy nostalgia fix and you get to see what the fans were like back then - beer CANS in hand and you could light up a fag as well.

ScottH
19th November 2009, 08:38 AM
See Puffing paddling Plugger

IIRC this was the start of a very special season.

AFL Frantic Finishes

1996 Round 4: Richmond v Sydney
3.30am ? 6am 7TWO
Wednesday 25 November 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Richmond Tigers take on the Sydney Swans at Waverley Park. Hosted by Sandy Roberts.

Triple B
19th November 2009, 03:08 PM
See Puffing paddling Plugger

IIRC this was the start of a very special season.

Yep.

Couple of other highlights were Hayden Kennedy giving us a gift when he awarded Dunks a softish free with minutes left after Richo took him out/illegally shepherded him on the goal-line. Aaron Sandilands wouldn't have been tall enough to touch the ball. Pretty dumb by Richo, but that sort of mirrored his career I guess. I'm still waiting for Kennedy to give us another soft free......14 seasons and counting :p

This was also the game that Scott Direen's AFL career effectively finished after Troy Gray delivered a hospital crossfield pass and Direen caught a very heavy hip and shoulder and missed the next 2-3 months. Never really came back the same player imo. I would love to clone his kick-in skills.....best in the comp at the time and undoubtedly the best the Swans have had in the past 20 odd years.

ScottH
20th November 2009, 06:40 AM
Yep.

Couple of other highlights were Hayden Kennedy giving us a gift when he awarded Dunks a softish free with minutes left after Richo took him out/illegally shepherded him on the goal-line. Aaron Sandilands wouldn't have been tall enough to touch the ball. Pretty dumb by Richo, but that sort of mirrored his career I guess. I'm still waiting for Kennedy to give us another soft free......14 seasons and counting :p

This was also the game that Scott Direen's AFL career effectively finished after Troy Gray delivered a hospital crossfield pass and Direen caught a very heavy hip and shoulder and missed the next 2-3 months. Never really came back the same player imo. I would love to clone his kick-in skills.....best in the comp at the time and undoubtedly the best the Swans have had in the past 20 odd years.

Yep remember that, was considered controversial at the time. That was moments b4 pluggers run.

Ahh, that explains the loss of Direen in the Bombers game. I started watching this last night. They made mention that Grant had replaced Direen as the designated kicker.

D Kicket was making plenty of space in that game against his old side, A very young MOL, Plugger picking up a short kick on the bounce and handballing off to a flyin Maxfield who snapped whilst being tackled, the ball bounced through for the 1st goal of the game. Creswell hnadballs straight to a bomber who snap and misses. Grant kicks to Maxfield on the wing who takes off, kicks to Kickett, who misses the ball, regathers and fires off a quick HB to a fliying Maxfield, blonde mullet streaming behind who launches another attack.
Kelly playing on Hird. An almost 300 gamer Roos, complete with matressed thigh, playing all over the ground. The Luffster, a debuting Carey.

And I only saw 20 mins or so.

mcs
20th November 2009, 11:34 AM
All I can say is hurry up and pull your finger out Prime and get 7two going here in Canberra. Sounds like lots of good footy matches from the past on there.:)

SwansFan1972
22nd November 2009, 11:13 AM
Yep remember that, was considered controversial at the time. That was moments b4 pluggers run.

Ahh, that explains the loss of Direen in the Bombers game. I started watching this last night. They made mention that Grant had replaced Direen as the designated kicker.

D Kicket was making plenty of space in that game against his old side, A very young MOL, Plugger picking up a short kick on the bounce and handballing off to a flyin Maxfield who snapped whilst being tackled, the ball bounced through for the 1st goal of the game. Creswell hnadballs straight to a bomber who snap and misses. Grant kicks to Maxfield on the wing who takes off, kicks to Kickett, who misses the ball, regathers and fires off a quick HB to a fliying Maxfield, blonde mullet streaming behind who launches another attack.
Kelly playing on Hird. An almost 300 gamer Roos, complete with matressed thigh, playing all over the ground. The Luffster, a debuting Carey.

And I only saw 20 mins or so.

Was the first ever AFL game I saw live (or at all really, never watched it on TV either).

A mate from work dragged a very reluctant and clueless spectator to a somewhat empty SCG. And we went on a $15 swans link ticket that included everything except an usher to your seat - they were that desperate to get people in.

We sat in the O'Reilly with a couple of old salts in front of us who gave up and left early into the last quarter ("we" were far enough behind to warrant getting an early bus apparently - to beat the 20 or so others who would be there) - not that we had any clue. We stayed.

Anyways, after that pair left everything went up a gear, it ended in a pretty exciting draw (only years later and much wiser did I appreciate whoever made the "like kissing your sister" analogy) - I found a new passion for a game I knew diddly about and we happily joined the ride for the rest of that amazing season and a pretty successful 13 years thereafter.

Ahhh, memories! love em.

Damien
26th November 2009, 12:22 PM
7TWO and GO! have both been added to the Foxtel standard service. OneHD had already been added.

AnnieH
27th November 2009, 11:33 AM
7TWO and GO! have both been added to the Foxtel standard service. OneHD had already been added.

FINALLY!!!

I'm happy as.

I taped a game earlier this week ... Rich V Syd at Waverly I think from R4 1996. It was a "fantastic finish", and I still have the last quarter to watch (SO DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR ME PLEASE).

Great game.

Richo ... a young 2 year player with long flowing locks.
Ben Holland ... 4th game and being touted as "the future of Richmond".
Luffy & Maxi ... had hair (and lots of it) - they looked like babies.
Nicksy ... 2nd gamer.
Plugger had kicked 5 up to 3/4 time.
Skinny little MickyO hardly touched the ball.
Kickett having a screamer.
Dunks probably the best marker on the day. If he played today's game, he'd be blacklisted!!
Direen taken off to hospital with suspected neck injuries.
Kels on the bottom of every pack.

I'm in footy heaven!!

desredandwhite
27th November 2009, 11:46 AM

It was Mark Orchard, down the Randwick end. This was my second game, I think R15, 97 sounds about right.

Matt79
27th November 2009, 01:34 PM

I cannot find ONEHD on fox? :confused:

AnnieH
27th November 2009, 02:02 PM

It's in the sports section.

Mike_B
27th November 2009, 03:15 PM

The HD version is Ch 210, the SD version is Ch 531.

Matt79
27th November 2009, 03:59 PM
The HD version is Ch 210, the SD version is Ch 531.

Very bizarre...I have fox HD and cannot locate either!

AnnieH
28th November 2009, 12:17 AM
I taped a game earlier this week ... Rich V Syd at Waverly I think from R4 1996. It was a "Frantic finish" (I'll say)Great game.

Just watched the end.

Last quarter, 13 minutes to go. Swans down. Ball comes out of the centre towards the swans goal (well, towards Plugger). Plugger drops the mark, does his own roving, kicks to Roosey (20m out right pocket), and Roosey kicks on and scores. First time we'd hit the front all game. For the next 13 minutes we go goal for goal with the ball mainly at the wrong end. Four minutes to go, Tiggers are behind by 4 are very nervous and have ample opportunity to kick a winner, but only manage 2 behinds and two out on the fulls. (Remember that although Richo was a gun, he was still a kid.)

1 minute to go, the ball is bounced up in front of the tiggers goal, someone rushes it through for a behind.

36 seconds to go, the ball is bounced up in front of the tiggers goal (AGAIN), MickyO gets under and slaps it back towards our goal, Nicksy (who had "saved" the game a few times already, soccers the ball in Pluggers' direction, Plugger's got two on him, so he soccers it on a little further, a Tigger picks up the ball, kicks it back to their end, and then someone blew the hooter.

We win by a point. This was our grand final year.

Q1: Richmond 4.4.28 Sydney 5.2.17
Q2: Richmond 6.7.43 Sydney 3.8.26
Q3: Richmond 8.13.61 Sydney 5.10.40
Q4: Richmond 9.16.70 Sydney 10.11.71

Plugger kicked 6.5. Crowd 33,847 (although the ground looked empty).
Totally @@@@ful Melbourne day ... wind one minute, rain the next, then the sun, then back to rain.

Game #16 for mummy-boy rocca.
Roosey played all over the place -even rucking in the last qtr - he was very fit that day, only one thigh taped to kingdom come.
Bradley Seymour had a "no sleeve" guernsey. The long-sleeve one must have been in the wash.
Chapman - 24 gamer. Cometti: "Chapmans looking to cement a place in this team".
Darren Gaspar 24 gamer. Had Plugger almost on a string, but Plugger took a screaming one hander on him that made poor Gaspar almost cry.
Matty Nicks - 2 gamer and kicked a goal.
Robert Walls coach of Richmond. Not happy Jan.
Rocket had hair.
Cometti: "Heuskes and Luff - Sydney's blonde bombshells!"
Mullets, mullets, mullets and more mullets. Except Richo - his hair by the 2nd qtr was in a ponytail. Mmmmm. Didn't he end up bald?
Richmond supporters booed Maxi every time he touched the ball - which was quite often. Cometti: "Maxfield is a prodigious kick of the ball." You reckon?

Very interesting take ... the flood was being "toyed" with, and I don't think that stoppages were Roosey's idea. I think Filandia had instructions to get the ball out of the boundary in Richmond's forward 50 every time it went in there. Cometti made special comments about it. Swans were almost playing ugly footy.

johnno
30th November 2009, 01:07 PM
Just watched the end.

Last quarter, 13 minutes to go. Swans down. Ball comes out of the centre towards the swans goal (well, towards Plugger). Plugger drops the mark, does his own roving, kicks to Roosey (20m out right pocket), and Roosey kicks on and scores. First time we'd hit the front all game. For the next 13 minutes we go goal for goal with the ball mainly at the wrong end. Four minutes to go, Tiggers are behind by 4 are very nervous and have ample opportunity to kick a winner, but only manage 2 behinds and two out on the fulls. (Remember that although Richo was a gun, he was still a kid.)

1 minute to go, the ball is bounced up in front of the tiggers goal, someone rushes it through for a behind.

36 seconds to go, the ball is bounced up in front of the tiggers goal (AGAIN), MickyO gets under and slaps it back towards our goal, Nicksy (who had "saved" the game a few times already, soccers the ball in Pluggers' direction, Plugger's got two on him, so he soccers it on a little further, a Tigger picks up the ball, kicks it back to their end, and then someone blew the hooter.

We win by a point. This was our grand final year.

Q1: Richmond 4.4.28 Sydney 5.2.17
Q2: Richmond 6.7.43 Sydney 3.8.26
Q3: Richmond 8.13.61 Sydney 5.10.40
Q4: Richmond 9.16.70 Sydney 10.11.71

Plugger kicked 6.5. Crowd 33,847 (although the ground looked empty).
Totally @@@@ful Melbourne day ... wind one minute, rain the next, then the sun, then back to rain.

Game #16 for mummy-boy rocca.
Roosey played all over the place -even rucking in the last qtr - he was very fit that day, only one thigh taped to kingdom come.
Bradley Seymour had a "no sleeve" guernsey. The long-sleeve one must have been in the wash.
Chapman - 24 gamer. Cometti: "Chapmans looking to cement a place in this team".
Darren Gaspar 24 gamer. Had Plugger almost on a string, but Plugger took a screaming one hander on him that made poor Gaspar almost cry.
Matty Nicks - 2 gamer and kicked a goal.
Robert Walls coach of Richmond. Not happy Jan.
Rocket had hair.
Cometti: "Heuskes and Luff - Sydney's blonde bombshells!"
Mullets, mullets, mullets and more mullets. Except Richo - his hair by the 2nd qtr was in a ponytail. Mmmmm. Didn't he end up bald?
Richmond supporters booed Maxi every time he touched the ball - which was quite often. Cometti: "Maxfield is a prodigious kick of the ball." You reckon?

Very interesting take ... the flood was being "toyed" with, and I don't think that stoppages were Roosey's idea. I think Filandia had instructions to get the ball out of the boundary in Richmond's forward 50 every time it went in there. Cometti made special comments about it. Swans were almost playing ugly footy.

I was at that game, remember it well, it was wet, windy and very effing miserable. I remember the last 5-8 minutes, Richmond just peppering their goals and just couldn't slot one through, we were employing a flood that would have made Noah proud in those last few minutes.

The thing that stands out for me the most was the dying seconds and plugger running from the centre square to the wing to soccer the ball forward against 2 tigers players, I swear you will never see plugger run faster than that in his whole entire football career. For those that haven't seen it, just check out the last minute of the game. God was the big boy moving.

Wardy
30th November 2009, 01:36 PM
my "7two" is in the foxtel "entertainment" section - I am enjoying a my saturday morning footy flashback!!!

Triple B
9th December 2009, 09:28 PM
Games this week:

Sunday morning 03:30-06:00
96 GF v Nth Melbourne

Tuesday morning 02:00-04:00
96 PF v Essendon

j s
10th December 2009, 08:44 AM
Games this week:

Sunday morning 03:30-06:00
96 GF v Nth Melbourne

Tuesday morning 02:00-04:00
96 PF v Essendon
Only 2 hours for the PF - unless there's no ads (unlikely) that will mean some editting will be necessary :(

Triple B
10th December 2009, 09:03 AM
Only 2 hours for the PF - unless there's no ads (unlikely) that will mean some editting will be necessary :(

I guess it's a tad disappointing, but we should get most of it. At that time in the morning it won't be ad heavy.

I'm looking forward to it, it's one of the few important games over the years I never managed to keep a tape of, will be good to record and get it on a DVD for posterity.

AnnieH
10th December 2009, 11:24 AM

They play the whole game - ads only between quarters.

j s
10th December 2009, 02:13 PM
They play the whole game - ads only between quarters.
I know they have been showing the whole games - but taking 2.5 hours to do it (reducing to two hours when the ads are removed for archival purposes) - this game is only 2 hours WITH the ads.

laughingnome
11th December 2009, 09:37 PM
I know they have been showing the whole games - but taking 2.5 hours to do it (reducing to two hours when the ads are removed for archival purposes) - this game is only 2 hours WITH the ads.

They can cut out the first quarter. I don't need to see that again :p

Triple B
12th December 2009, 12:17 AM
They can cut out the first quarter. I don't need to see that again :p

Up until about the 25 min mark when Wade Chapman takes that great mark and we goal.

It was all good from there :p :p

Ahh Wade Chapman, still makes me cry what happened to that guy :( :(

Triple B
14th December 2009, 10:32 PM
Just a reminder to set the recorder before going to bed tonight. :)

laughingnome
15th December 2009, 01:06 PM
Just a reminder to set the recorder before going to bed tonight. :)

Watched it again, the whole game is there. Don't know how they squeezed it into 2 hours 5 minutes but they didn't cut any play.

God Chapman was a gun.

RogueSwan
28th December 2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know when it happened but Prime is now broadcasting 7two. :)
I recorded the Swans Carlton QF of 1986 early this morning.

goswannie14
28th December 2009, 12:46 PM
I recorded the Swans Carlton QF of 1986 early this morning.I was retuning the STB and found it yesterday too.:D Very happy.

j s
28th December 2009, 02:27 PM

Started December 23rd in most (if not all) areas

7TWO on PRIME is on the air! - iPRIME Orange (http://orange.iprime.com.au/index.php/news/prime-news/-prime-to-launch-new-digital-channel,240801)

Triple B
3rd January 2010, 09:13 AM
Sydney games for this week:

Monday morning @ 01:45
Sydney v Hawthorn 1996 QF

Tuesday Morning @ 03:45
Sydney v StKilda 1994 R7.

Sorry if it's a spoiler for the younger dudes, but this is the day we led by 7 goals at 3/4 time and.....I doubt I've been more ready to kill somebody after a game then after this match (until the 'Other McVeigh' goal after McPhee runs out of bounds in '07?).

Plugger kicks 11 for the Saints and re-arranges Caven's face for him at no extra charge. Then gives us guys in the Noble Stand the 'get that up ya' salute at the end.

Dale Lewis kicks 7 for the Swans. DrJ will be setting the recorder for that. :p

laughingnome
3rd January 2010, 03:33 PM
Tuesday Morning @ 03:45
Sydney v StKilda 1994 R7.

This was my second game at the SCG, and at 3/4 time my brother (who was still fond of St Kilda as we had just moved from SE Melbourne) was insistant that Lockett would kick a bag and the Saints would win by a point. Damn Nostradamus.

While we're on this, can we get a spoiler mod for the forum?

sfan
3rd January 2010, 06:05 PM
Monday 2am 1996 Qual final vs Hawks - won by 6
Tuesday 3:45 am 1994 Vs Saints Round 7 - loss by a point

Should be good to check out some old players.

Have set the recorder

Donners
3rd January 2010, 07:19 PM
That 1994 one isn't where Lockett kills Caven and then kicks 50 goals or some such, is it?

Big Al
3rd January 2010, 07:29 PM
That 1994 one isn't where Lockett kills Caven and then kicks 50 goals or some such, is it?

The very same...

I like the Twelfth Mans version of this event where he describes Caven as viciously headbutting Lockett's elbow causing him to miss 8 weeks. :D

Donners
3rd January 2010, 08:40 PM
Damn. Oh well, can watch the first three quarters, with Lewis running riot. Kelly got BoG as well.

Primmy
3rd January 2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for that. Will get out the old trusty dvd harddrive recorder. Isn't technology brilliant when you are addicted to footy!

Triple B
12th January 2010, 10:25 PM
Next up for the Swans.

Monday morning @ 03:45
1986 semi v Fitzroy.

laughingnome
12th January 2010, 11:00 PM
Next up for the Swans.

Monday morning @ 03:45
1986 semi v Fitzroy.

Spoiler:
*sigh* Another heartbreaker...
:End

Good to see the likes of Carroll, Williams, Healy and Capper running around, not to mention a certain P. Roos of Fitzroy. Ah, the halcyon days of old.

j s
20th January 2010, 10:37 PM
Why does 7TWO keep showing only games that we lose?

laughingnome
21st January 2010, 10:41 AM
Why does 7TWO keep showing only games that we lose?

The price we pay for being Swans fans I guess :p

Channel 7 lost the rights in the early 2000's, so our resurgence in 2003 onwards is unavailable for screening on 7Two.

Friday 22nd 3:45am-6am
2000 Round 11 - Sydney v Brisbane (SCG)

Saturday 23rd 1:45am-3:45am
1998 2nd QF - Sydney v St Kilda (SCG)

Monday 25th 3:45am-6am
1999 Round 4 - Sydney v North Melbourne (SCG)

Tuesday 26th 3:45-6am
2001 Round 19 - Essendon v Sydney (Colonial Stadium)

Wednesday 27th 3:45-6am
1995 Round 3 - Brisbane v Sydney (Gabba)

Surely we win at least ONE of these games! Also, hey look a veritable feast of Swans matches. Going to setup recorder kthxbai.

j s
21st January 2010, 11:06 AM
The price we pay for being Swans fans I guess :p

Channel 7 lost the rights in the early 2000's, so our resurgence in 2003 onwards is unavailable for screening on 7Two.

Friday 22nd 3:45am-6am
2000 Round 11 - Sydney v Brisbane (SCG)

Saturday 23rd 1:45am-3:45am
1998 2nd QF - Sydney v St Kilda (SCG)

Monday 25th 3:45am-6am
1999 Round 4 - Sydney v North Melbourne (SCG)

Tuesday 26th 3:45-6am
2001 Round 19 - Essendon v Sydney (Colonial Stadium)

Wednesday 27th 3:45-6am
1995 Round 3 - Brisbane v Sydney (Gabba)

Surely we win at least ONE of these games! Also, hey look a veritable feast of Swans matches. Going to setup recorder kthxbai.

We win two of those - I won't spoil the surprise by saying which two.

Yes, I realise they are 2000 or earlier when 7 had the rights (or 2006+ when they got them back) but 96 onwards we won a lot of games.

Triple B
21st January 2010, 05:38 PM
.....but 96 onwards we won a lot of games.

1996 games I'd love to see again.....

Swans v Carlton when we broke Carltons record of straight wins at Princes Park. Kelly and Koutifides put on a clinic. Pretty sure it's the game where Kelly 'stole' the ball off Ron DeUlios (sp?) foot. Easily the best smother ever.

Swans v Norf at Princes Park (Roos' 300th and Maxfields 100th) when Plugger kicked 10 in the second half and we won by 80+ points. Dunkley carved up Carey and Stafford towelled McKernan who was in a giant purple patch of form at the time. Would preferred to have won by 30 and kept 50 points in reserve for later in the year :frown

Reggi
23rd January 2010, 01:48 AM

Swans v Carlton when we broke Carltons record of straight wins at Princes Park. Kelly and Koutifides put on a clinic. Pretty sure it's the game where Kelly 'stole' the ball off Ron DeUlios (sp?) foot. Easily the best smother ever.

Swans v Norf at Princes Park (Roos' 300th and Maxfields 100th) when Plugger kicked 10 in the second half and we won by 80+ points. Dunkley carved up Carey and Stafford towelled McKernan who was in a giant purple patch of form at the time. Would preferred to have won by 30 and kept 50 points in reserve for later in the year :frown

IIRC from being there Wade Chapman had a day out also Luffy

CureTheSane
23rd January 2010, 11:08 AM
I fell asleep half way through the last quarter. :(

ugg
23rd January 2010, 04:25 PM
I fell asleep half way through the last quarter. :(
You did better than me CTS. I dozed off in the second quarter

It was an interesting game to watch:
Schwatta in his prime
Luffy taking a few throw INS even though we had two ruckmen
Hall looking like a defensive role on OFarrell
MickyO tagging (!) Ron Harvey after Lewis couldnt keep up
A blonde dreadlocked Everitt being well held by Dunks
Watching old favourites Seymour McPherson and Maxfield run around

satchmopugdog
23rd January 2010, 07:21 PM

"Bridge"...do you need a support group....OMG my image of you has changed. Almost into the beige cardigan elite.

goswannie14
23rd January 2010, 09:23 PM
96 GF was on this morning.:eek:

j s
24th January 2010, 12:17 AM
96 GF was on this morning.:eek:
That was just the last Q plus commentary show - the full game was shown back in December.

j s
24th January 2010, 12:18 AM
You did better than me CTS. I dozed off in the second quarter

It was an interesting game to watch:
Schwatta in his prime
Luffy taking a few throw INS even though we had two ruckmen
Hall looking like a defensive role on OFarrell
MickyO tagging (!) Ron Harvey after Lewis couldnt keep up
A blonde dreadlocked Everitt being well held by Dunks
Watching old favourites Seymour McPherson and Maxfield run around
Haven't either of you guys heard of recording devices?

j s
24th January 2010, 12:31 AM

Swans v Norf at Princes Park (Roos' 300th and Maxfields 100th) when Plugger kicked 10 in the second half and we won by 80+ points. Dunkley carved up Carey and Stafford towelled McKernan who was in a giant purple patch of form at the time. Would preferred to have won by 30 and kept 50 points in reserve for later in the year

Our game that kick-started that amazing season (R4 v Richmond) was shown last year. All three of our finals have also been shown in full.

And as for streak-breaking games 2004 R11 (where we spoilt St Kilda's until then perfect season) was shown a few weeks ago. It was all downhill for the Saints after that.

Triple B
24th January 2010, 04:18 PM
"Bridge"...do you need a support group....OMG my image of you has changed. Almost into the beige cardigan elite.

lol...I wasn't part of the group per se.

In the early 90's I was a full-time bridge pro, playing and teaching. I worked out of a club in Rose Bay and along with the owner took groups away regularly to places like Noosa and Port Douglas.

I was in my mid thirties at the time, so i was positively a spring chicken :p :p

ugg
24th January 2010, 05:23 PM
Haven't either of you guys heard of recording devices?
I have a VCR, does that count?

CureTheSane
24th January 2010, 06:10 PM
I have a VCR, does that count?

Not any more.
:(

RogueSwan
29th January 2010, 10:13 PM
31/01/2010 Sunday morning 3:45am-6:00am
1999 rnd 3 Swans v Bombers at MCG
SPOILER

(although having a sneak peak at the final score I don't think I will bother with :frown

j s
30th January 2010, 09:55 AM
31/01/2010 Sunday morning 3:45am-6:00am
1999 rnd 3 Swans v Bombers at MCG
SPOILER

(although having a sneak peak at the final score I don't think I will bother with :frown

I was at that game - unfortunately sitting in front of a giggle of teenage girls drooling over some guy wearing #18 and with his shorts up under his armpits

Mike_B
30th January 2010, 08:56 PM
I was at that game - unfortunately sitting in front of a giggle of teenage girls drooling over some guy wearing #18 and with his shorts up under his armpits who kicked a bag that day...

goswannie14
30th January 2010, 11:18 PM
who kicked a bag that day...Was that when he kicked about 11 or 12? I had the bombers fans around me laughing as I suggested to Stephan Carey that you can have a shot at goal from the 50 metre mark.:(

j s
31st January 2010, 09:41 AM
Was that when he kicked about 11 or 12?
13 - I wish I could forget.

Doctor J.
2nd February 2010, 01:37 PM
13 - I wish I could forget.

Ah JS the memories.

Was at that game, and apart from the flogging they gave us, two things stand out.

1. SNDon fans giving us @@@@ about taking Bomford off their hands.
2. Matty Lloyd giving Bewick a spray for not passing the ball to him right on the siren. Bewick in typical goal hungry small forward opportunistic style had a ping from 40 out on the boundary line whilst Lloyd made a good lead which had Bewick honoured, it would have meant 14 goals for the arvo, and an SNDon record.. Not even a sorry Matty as the kick from Bewick went through for a point and the siren sounded soon after!!!

j s
2nd February 2010, 02:04 PM
Ah JS the memories.

Was at that game, and apart from the flogging they gave us, two things stand out.

So was I. I was unfortuntely sitting behind a giggle of teenage girls drooling over Lloyd the whole game.

The R2 game a week earlier wasn't much better - a rather disappointing visit to our southern base.

RogueSwan
13th February 2010, 08:47 AM
Sunday morning at 1:30

Swans v Hawks, Rnd 6 1998 @ SCG

Schwatta's first year in R and W.

crouch's third game

saddo's nineth game

one of five games the Stefan Carey played in 1998,

Plugger46
15th February 2010, 08:59 PM
I think one Tony Lockett may have had a fair day too ;)

RogueSwan
15th February 2010, 09:20 PM
I think one Tony Lockett may have had a fair day too ;)

A lazy 11.7!

goswannie14
16th February 2010, 06:38 AM
I think one Tony Lockett may have had a fair day too ;)The snap for the 7th goal and the set shot from the boundary for his 10th just showed how good he was. Absolutely amazing last qrtr by Plugger.

RogueSwan
18th February 2010, 07:47 AM
The snap for the 7th goal and the set shot from the boundary for his 10th just showed how good he was. Absolutely amazing last qrtr by Plugger.

Here are a few of them
http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=7D845A969EE41044

RogueSwan
6th September 2010, 05:08 PM
For those who need a come down after the awesome game yesterday (I can't think of a better adjective than awesome ATM, pretty sad, I am like a surfer saying how 'stoked' I am at winning a comp. even though I never use the word at any other time) ... umm where was I, ... ahhh .... yeah come down, you can watch a replay of the rnd4 2000 match between the Swans and Pies at the SCG in which the _______ lose by 5 points if footywire.com (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tg-sydney-swans?year=2000) is correct.

edit:
it is on wednesday morning at 1:30am on 7two.