PDA

View Full Version : Lade got Orff

Reggi
16th September 2003, 08:53 PM
unbelievable

scurrilous
16th September 2003, 09:43 PM
totally agree. where's the protection for the man with eyes only for the ball?

Powerstuff
16th September 2003, 10:39 PM
Guys
I'm a Port supporter who has logged on to wish you guys luck against the Lions but noticed this thread.
I have to say that, in my opinion, neither Lade's and Rioli's incidents were meant to come out as they did. It was a tough, aggressive game in driving rain. Stumbling, miscalculation, and the intervention of other players in both cases worsened the result. A reasonable result from the tribunal but one that was by no means certain, the lack of injury on both sides was fortunate. Power/Essendon games are like that. Yet the teams are closely linked at the player and coaching level, and the fans 'like' each other. They are popular fixture for both sides.
What is probably more important is the way both charges were media driven. There were a number of similar instances in the game and some worse. However only the ones the commentators laboured over were reported.
Wait till Hall, Creswell or Goodes have an incident 'tried', replayed, judged etc and then it goes to the tribunal after video assessment when it hasn't even warranted a 50m during the game.

Go Swannies
17th September 2003, 01:18 AM
Sensible answer Powerstuff.

In a normal round Lade and Leppa would have copped it. This is trickier.

I'd still like Lions without Leppa but can't decide if I'd prefer to play Port or Pies in the GF. If we happened to lose this weekend I 'd prefer Port to be in the GF - and win.

floppinab
17th September 2003, 11:50 AM
Tough situation this one, probably correct for it to be tested at the tribunal but would have been bloody tough to have been rubbed out.
Ruckmen will jump at ruck contests, if the other bloke doesn't jump then it's these sorts of collisions that are going to happen, eyes will come away from the ball if the other ruckman doesn't jump.

Battle of the least hated on Satdy arvo, even though I've had many more years of hating Port than than Woods I still want the woods out of the way and Port to get up.

Plugger46
17th September 2003, 07:12 PM
I think the correct decision was made on Lade.

James Hird had a big part in getting Lade off, with what he said. He did a similar thing for Dunks, to allow him to play in the '96 GF.

A thorough Gentleman.