PDA

View Full Version : Life membership criteria

Rafters
17th November 2009, 04:40 PM
Just curious about how do clubs award life membership? What criteria do yuo use? Games, years service, "outstanding commitment"? Is anyone discretionary?

Seems to be the one thing that clubs vary so much on & also causes alot of stinks within clubs.

Pekay
17th November 2009, 05:44 PM
Minimum 10 years continuous (but can be varied-like oustanding commitment) service playing and non-playing at Nor-West/Hawkesbury. I think we had about a dozen playing life members running around last year.

BIGSHOW
17th November 2009, 05:46 PM
hey bigfella your instuition to the sydneyafl goodtimes at the lions.

boris
18th November 2009, 08:22 AM
english not required down at Drummoyne Oval,Big Show?

Tom Wills
18th November 2009, 10:27 AM
Just curious about how do clubs award life membership? What criteria do yuo use? Games, years service, "outstanding commitment"? Is anyone discretionary?
Seems to be the one thing that clubs vary so much on & also causes alot of stinks within clubs.

Rafters having had experience at a number of clubs the general rule was 10 years service... though a friend of mine was at a club where it was also awarded for 150 senior games (Firsts or seconds)...... and I really like this criteria.

One of the benefits (from my friends view) was that ofter after 100 games ( 5 or 6 seasons) players often consider a change. But with life membership a couple of seasons away they stayed to achieve it. A great player retention tool.

From a players perspective 150games is a career for many and deserving of a life membership.

IMO.

BIGSHOW
18th November 2009, 10:08 PM
Sorry boris i try to speak good and stuff next go to much salt air mate

Pace To Burn
18th November 2009, 10:20 PM
Rafters having had experience at a number of clubs the general rule was 10 years service... though a friend of mine was at a club where it was also awarded for 150 senior games (Firsts or seconds)...... and I really like this criteria.

One of the benefits (from my friends view) was that ofter after 100 games ( 5 or 6 seasons) players often consider a change. But with life membership a couple of seasons away they stayed to achieve it. A great player retention tool.

From a players perspective 150games is a career for many and deserving of a life membership.

IMO.

Ours is the same. Although is not automatic, the individual has to be nominated and voted for. I agree that in most cases 150 games is a fair effort but in some cases:eek: . Def 200 would be my choice as purely a player and no other service to the club