PDA

View Full Version : Premier Division Relationships With Other Clubs

Offal
27th November 2009, 11:05 AM
Could they work/ Are they working? Let's have a look.

East Coast / NW Jets - seems to be developing well with the Jets using Bruce Purser.

UNSW/ES - are an entity to their own with teams in lower divisions.

Pennant Hills / Macquarie Uni - doomed before it begins as Pennant Hills are strong with extra teams in divisions competiting against Macquarie Uni.

Wests / Holroyd Parra - with teams in different divisions this could work and should be explored. It would make the player strength of both teams in their lower grades much stronger.

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

North Shore / Manly - there seems to be a bit of player movement between these two and there is a good relationship in place.

St George / Southern Power - Tough as they are both competing for the same juniors pool (Sydney South Greater Sydney Juniors) and there is some rivalry in the Seniors now in Div 2. There have been some co-functions and co-training sessions in the past but they didn't work out.

Wollongong - out on a limb. No doubt woeking with the South Coast League and Illawarra Juniors.

Balmain / UTS - has potential but UTS want to do it all alone. A shame really as they could probably forge a strong Under 18s drawing from the Inner City/Upper Eastern Suburbs.

ShortHalfHead
27th November 2009, 11:10 AM
Team GWS and Penrith

DLH
27th November 2009, 12:18 PM
Team GWS and Penrith

It'd be great to have a Premier Division club down the road to form some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement with.

One of the reasons why Penrith has always struggled by and large.

Mug Punter
27th November 2009, 02:47 PM

East Coast / NW Jets - seems to be developing well with the Jets using Bruce Purser.

Pennant Hills / Macquarie Uni - doomed before it begins as Pennant Hills are strong with extra teams in divisions competiting against Macquarie Uni.

Wests / Holroyd Parra - with teams in different divisions this could work and should be explored. It would make the player strength of both teams in their lower grades much stronger.

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

North Shore / Manly - there seems to be a bit of player movement between these two and there is a good relationship in place.

St George / Southern Power - Tough as they are both competing for the same juniors pool (Sydney South Greater Sydney Juniors) and there is some rivalry in the Seniors now in Div 2. There have been some co-functions and co-training sessions in the past but they didn't work out.

Wollongong - out on a limb. No doubt woeking with the South Coast League and Illawarra Juniors.

Balmain / UTS - has potential but UTS want to do it all alone. A shame really as they could probably forge a strong Under 18s drawing from the Inner City/Upper Eastern Suburbs.

I think that the only real scenario for this system to work is really at the U18 level as this is where the SFL clubs will have an overflow of players and need somewhere for them to play. Don't think it is really workable at the senior level.

Do the Mac Uni/Penno and ECE/NW alliances see Penno and ECE only have one U18 team in their own name? If so then this sees two fewer U18 teams next year?

Whilst good in theory, historically these type of arrangements don't seem to work too well due to lack of trust and self-interest. Typically the SFL clubs are more interested in poaching the SFA clubs' better players than genuinely helping out and the players the SFA clubs get thrown are usually not much chop. I'd be very wary of getting too far down this track if I was an SFA club with any genuine ambition but if limited at U18 level it is probably worth a try.....

BIGSHOW
27th November 2009, 08:53 PM
offal show here mate hows the smile going.Heres a thought why dont the sydneyafl start a new team out of henson park or hj mahonany which would take all the overflow players from the unsw/sydney uni/uts.I cant understand spending thousands on grounds that dont directly support clubs.Would moving uts to henson work better ground pretty close to there campus.Or what about a newtown side based out of alan davidson or hj mahonany.

tara
30th November 2009, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=Offal;468391]Campbelltown / SW Sydney or Camden - I'd like to see Campbelltown work with Camden and invite them along to training or send some senior Towners to Camden training. Long term would be to get an U18 Camden team going.

QUOTE]

Offal point one - neither Town nor Camden are interested from what I hear and we havnt heard from Town since the Valentine days.

Point two - from what I have heard at your end - not a chance in hell, but then again who knows what may happen after this year.

Pekay
2nd December 2009, 10:25 AM

Sydney Uni - see UNSW/ES

I don't think it will be doomed for mac Uni/Penno, they seem to be working hard to make it beneficial for both parties. Ideally, I think that's how our alliance with ECE should work, we have the younger developing kids in a Challenge team, and ECE have the older and elite kids in Premier. ECE have done alot of hard work over the years to form their 2nd team, but it makes it very hard from my end to form a team of our own, when, for lack of a better word (not intended to offend Junior) they have an almost monopoly on the 18s kids.
Please keep in mind, for lack of a better word.

Pekay
2nd December 2009, 10:46 AM
I should comment on this further to clear up any confusion.
The kids of the North West area have seen ECE as the only option for 18s football for many years, and rightly so, because we haven't had an 18s team since about 2003/04, so naturally they tend to gravitate there. I did the same to Baulko when I was 14. It will take a year or two, with some hard work on our behalf, and through the alliance working together for the benefit of the kids and both clubs involved, to get our brand out there and in the kids minds so they know they have the option of elite footy at ECE or social footy at NWJ.

I think the Mac Uni/Penno model on paper is ideal, and should be adopted for all clubs. Wests and Parra should look at some kind of partnership as well, very handy catchment.

Junior
2nd December 2009, 10:55 AM
I don't think it will be doomed for mac Uni/Penno, they seem to be working hard to make it beneficial for both parties. Ideally, I think that's how our alliance with ECE should work, we have the younger developing kids in a Challenge team, and ECE have the older and elite kids in Premier. ECE have done alot of hard work over the years to form their 2nd team, but it makes it very hard from my end to form a team of our own, when, for lack of a better word (not intended to offend Junior) they have an almost monopoly on the 18s kids.
Please keep in mind, for lack of a better word.

Certainly no offence taken mate.

ShortHalfHead
2nd December 2009, 02:32 PM
I should comment on this further to clear up any confusion.
The kids of the North West area have seen ECE as the only option for 18s football for many years, and rightly so, because we haven't had an 18s team since about 2003/04, so naturally they tend to gravitate there. I did the same to Baulko when I was 14. It will take a year or two, with some hard work on our behalf, and through the alliance working together for the benefit of the kids and both clubs involved, to get our brand out there and in the kids minds so they know they have the option of elite footy at ECE or social footy at NWJ.

I think the Mac Uni/Penno model on paper is ideal, and should be adopted for all clubs. Wests and Parra should look at some kind of partnership as well, very handy catchment.

Pekay, I take it from what you are saying is that East Poach won't be fielding a challenge cup side?

Pekay
2nd December 2009, 03:21 PM
They will be fielding two teams, Premier & Challenge. We have to put a list in by next monday and it won't happen. My ideal situation template would be for ECE & NWJ to have dual control of Challenge, under the NWJ colours and name, like the Penno/Mac Uni alliance as mentioned on their sites.

sam
2nd December 2009, 04:52 PM
They will be fielding two teams, Premier & Challenge. We have to put a list in by next monday and it won't happen. My ideal situation template would be for ECE & NWJ to have dual control of Challenge, under the NWJ colours and name, like the Penno/Mac Uni alliance as mentioned on their sites.

it sounds good but would ece go for it? i think with Penno/Mac Uni, pennos challenge team only had 16 or so and Mac uni the same.Not the players for 3 teams, would will the clubs did if they have 10 to 12 under 18 missing out?

Pekay
3rd December 2009, 09:07 AM
The thing is, we had an idea of the numbers we would have at our disposal during the year, with our 16s combining with Quakers Hill 16s we had about 25odd. Unfortunately it all fell over with one of the coaches, who was also Hawkesbury's executive president, also coaching Parra 18s, effectively pushing all the potential kids we had down there. So all that hard work has just been undone. Truth be told, we didn't really put in the work necessary to build one, based on the fact that the platform was there, or so we thought. My thoughts have always been, to give it a full year of groundwork to make it hapen, with 2011 to be the target year. As I've said, I need to mend a few bridges and build some new ones with local clubs, get our brand out there so the kids know their options. Hard work, but I have the time these days.

To be fair on ECE, they have worked hard to make their Challenge team, so for me to take any control of it is a bit much. But as an alliance we should be able to come to some agreement in 2011.

ShortHalfHead
3rd December 2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear you couldn't get a team up, Pekay. Another 18's would have been good for the competition. I had no doubt that the Hawkesbury lads would come rushing back, not only logistics wise, but with the choice of coaches.
With the merged Nor-West/Penrith venture three years ago, the lads from over here greatly appreciated your input at games.
With Baulko having 3 Under 16's teams this year and the Hawkesbury/Quakers alliance having two, along with the out of area lads that tend to drift to East Coast, I thought it would have been very viable. You probably have more faith in an equitable arrangement with ECE than most would and I hope it works out.
Good luck with you seniors anyhow, they came a long way this year and by the sounds of it, the future is looking rosy. Of course, don't be afraid to send any excess players along Castlereagh Rd. With a lot of new names on the management list, many from the junior ranks, excitement is slowly building for 2009.

Doormat
3rd December 2009, 11:43 PM
oooooopppppppppppppppppsssssssssssss:eek:

The thing is, we had an idea of the numbers we would have at our disposal during the year, with our 16s combining with Quakers Hill 16s we had about 25odd. Unfortunately it all fell over with one of the coaches, who was also Hawkesbury's executive president, also coaching Parra 18s, effectively pushing all the potential kids we had down there. So all that hard work has just been undone. Truth be told, we didn't really put in the work necessary to build one, based on the fact that the platform was there, or so we thought. My thoughts have always been, to give it a full year of groundwork to make it hapen, with 2011 to be the target year. As I've said, I need to mend a few bridges and build some new ones with local clubs, get our brand out there so the kids know their options. Hard work, but I have the time these days.

To be fair on ECE, they have worked hard to make their Challenge team, so for me to take any control of it is a bit much. But as an alliance we should be able to come to some agreement in 2011.

Hawknik
4th December 2009, 10:04 AM
Surely if ECE were serious about the alliance they would:
1) not field a side below Div 1 in seniors. That is concentrate on PL and Div 1 and not try and "expand" their teams. I was very surprised that they did that last year, which is effectively a kick in the teeth to the alliance,
2) whilst it is tough that NWJ could not get a U18's up, I would have thought that this would have been on the agenda when the alliance was formed (ie ECE in Premier Cup and NWJ in Challenge Cup)?

Seems a bit one-sided.... and before people jump up and down that I am bashing ECE, I think it is great that they are one of the strongest clubs and have done a great job to become that and develop their brand, it just seems it is incongruous to the "alliance" scenario...

sam
4th December 2009, 11:09 AM
Surely if ECE were serious about the alliance they would:
1) not field a side below Div 1 in seniors. That is concentrate on PL and Div 1 and not try and "expand" their teams. I was very surprised that they did that last year, which is effectively a kick in the teeth to the alliance,
2) whilst it is tough that NWJ could not get a U18's up, I would have thought that this would have been on the agenda when the alliance was formed (ie ECE in Premier Cup and NWJ in Challenge Cup)?

Seems a bit one-sided.... and before people jump up and down that I am bashing ECE, I think it is great that they are one of the strongest clubs and have done a great job to become that and develop their brand, it just seems it is incongruous to the "alliance" scenario...

I think as i have said before ECE has done great over the years to be one of the best ran club in Syd but you would hope they would do more for the alliance if there is one, for here it looks abit one sided.
Is there the players out there to have 3 under 18s?

Pekay
4th December 2009, 11:26 AM
From what I can gather, Penno and Mac Uni didn't have enough in either Challenge team to field a side each, so their Alliance came about through that situation. There are alot more kids out this way for ECE to field two teams, sure, I'd love one to be in NWJ colours, but a)it's not up to me, b)it's hard to make kids travel to Bensons Lane from Baulko etc (Well, it's not really) and c) it would feel a bit hollow from my part to take over their Challenge team and call it NWJ's.

Don't get me wrong, if it were offered that way I'd jump at it, anyone would. But as I have said, I will be working with both juniors clubs and ECE as well to make it happen next year (2011) as a proper NWJ team. Sure, the way you see it would be great, but that's subject to opinion. We have only been working towards our 18s team actively since the end of the season, so it was a bit premature.

And I think there would be enough out here for 3 teams, but if that's the case, none of these kids are lobbing up at Bensons.

tara
4th December 2009, 12:44 PM
Pekay if I were you and serious about getting an 18's off the ground then your right you need to do twelve months solid work with all the junior clubs in your region so that people have the chance to judge you on fact not innuendo, secondly make sure you back it up year after year, thirdly if you have 12 now willing then go ahead because youll be suprised how many may come out of the wood work (we started with only 13 or 14 kids in our first game against Penrith) lastly if you only have 5 or 6 now play them in you ressies with a view to next year.

The Duck
4th December 2009, 12:51 PM
Without wanting to sound like a smart @rse Peakay, what is the alliance? I pressume they would send left over players to you guys each week. They have then created a third side, which means instead of getting players 45-50 each week you would (if they actually have any left over) be getting players 67-70 on their list. I pressume you guys would have been expecting a few years ago that you would be able to use their left over 18s for your under 18s. They now have a challenge cup side where these players now get a game for ECE. You are effectively getting nothing in terms of players and I pressume if you have a good player they get to go there. It does not seem very fair to me. You would have thought if they were fair dinkum they would not have started a third grade side or a challenge cup side. Full credit to them for being the powerful club they are but surely they cannot expect to pull the wool over everyones eyes claiming they have an alliance. My understanding of an aliiance would be that it would be benificial to both parties. This is clearly not the case. Before all the ECE boys start, I am not bagging you. More power to you for being able to field these sides. I just think the word alliance is used to make out that you actually give a @@@@ about someone else other than yourselves. I bit of PR spin if you ask me.

ShortHalfHead
4th December 2009, 01:35 PM
Pekay if I were you and serious about getting an 18's off the ground then your right you need to do twelve months solid work with all the junior clubs in your region so that people have the chance to judge you on fact not innuendo, secondly make sure you back it up year after year, thirdly if you have 12 now willing then go ahead because youll be suprised how many may come out of the wood work (we started with only 13 or 14 kids in our first game against Penrith) lastly if you only have 5 or 6 now play them in you ressies with a view to next year.

Agree with Tara there. You have to start sometime. With the AFL pathway list, There are plenty to choose from coming up from the 16's, with contact details available. And kids do come out of the woodwork. Battle through the first year and it's a solid start. Surely there are some Hawkesbury 16's that would like to play some 18's. Or talk to Baulko about getting some of their 16's to have a couple of games. Penrith had about 6-7 16's that played up during the year. With holiday rounds (where the juniors dont play) and byes, lots of kids jump at the opportunity. I certainly wouldn't be relying on ECE to overly helpful....and the kids they have in Challenge would probably prefer to be at ECE to be a chance of playing Premier Cup, as they would feel they would be noticed more there.
The first year is always a struggle, so IMO the quicker you start, the better.

fevolution
4th December 2009, 04:58 PM
ECE formed their 3rd side due to having up to 15 players missing a game every week on a regular basis, as players were frustrated not getting to play with their mates on a regular basis

sam
4th December 2009, 04:58 PM
Without wanting to sound like a smart @rse Peakay, what is the alliance? I pressume they would send left over players to you guys each week. They have then created a third side, which means instead of getting players 45-50 each week you would (if they actually have any left over) be getting players 67-70 on their list. I pressume you guys would have been expecting a few years ago that you would be able to use their left over 18s for your under 18s. They now have a challenge cup side where these players now get a game for ECE. You are effectively getting nothing in terms of players and I pressume if you have a good player they get to go there. It does not seem very fair to me. You would have thought if they were fair dinkum they would not have started a third grade side or a challenge cup side. Full credit to them for being the powerful club they are but surely they cannot expect to pull the wool over everyones eyes claiming they have an alliance. My understanding of an aliiance would be that it would be benificial to both parties. This is clearly not the case. Before all the ECE boys start, I am not bagging you. More power to you for being able to field these sides. I just think the word alliance is used to make out that you actually give a @@@@ about someone else other than yourselves. I bit of PR spin if you ask me.

Well said!!

tara
4th December 2009, 05:02 PM
ECE formed their 3rd side due to having up to 15 players missing a game every week on a regular basis, as players were frustrated not getting to play with their mates on a regular basis

Your not the same Fevolution from TC are you?

The Duck
6th December 2009, 07:20 PM
Any comments on the alliance Peakay? or are you trotting out the no comment line?

Pekay
6th December 2009, 09:28 PM
Any comments on the alliance Peakay? or are you trotting out the no comment line?
Busy weekend mate, only posted on the other thread through my phone, hardly enough room to write a novel.

You make some valid points, as a few others do. However, on their excess players that now make up their 3rd grade, sure, we could've used them this year (09) and next, but I wasn't willing to have 6 different players week in week out, throwing out the balance of our senior unit, and Bully wouldn't either. In 08, we could afford to use them, because our senior team wasn't as strong as 09. Only if they were available in 3 or 4 week blocks would I find it sustainable. So that covers that part. ECE can't be blamed or chastised for conolidating their numbers with a third side. They are only doing what the uni's do.

Also, if we have a good enough player, he has the option to go to ECE to play and try his luck, however, our better players are normally defence, so can't commit to play at that level (And we had a few that could've played Premier Div, Clayden at the top of that list) To clear it up though, no player since 2001 (When the Alliance was in its infancy) has gone from NWJ to ECE)

As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors) but at the end of the day, I didn't put enough time and energy into it over the last 6 months, with coaching, new job and destroying my leg, other more pressing priorities. I am totally focussed on having our 18s up and running in 2011, it will be better off with a year of hard work and effort, than trying from almost scratch. I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and hopefully ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place. For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors.

And you're not sounding like a smart ass, it was a legitimate question.

The Duck
7th December 2009, 05:27 PM
Very well answered. You might still be a coach yet!!;)

ShortHalfHead
8th December 2009, 12:31 PM
Excuse me for asking, Pekay, but were Nor-West given the opportunity to 'list" 30 players in the 18's?

If so, who wouldn't you have utilised it? I realise that team noms closed on Monday needed to be submitted and the "Listing" has to be in by end of month so the overlap there might have been a disadvantage.

Would have been good to see a 10 team comp in CC.

Interesting that Riverview have two teams in Challenge. Does that set a precedent? Hopefully they will not be allowed to swap players between teams once the season has commenced.

tara
8th December 2009, 12:42 PM
Excuse me for asking, Pekay, but were Nor-West given the opportunity to 'list" 30 players in the 18's?

If so, who wouldn't you have utilised it? I realise that team noms closed on Monday needed to be submitted and the "Listing" has to be in by end of month so the overlap there might have been a disadvantage.

Would have been good to see a 10 team comp in CC.

Interesting that Riverview have two teams in Challenge. Does that set a precedent? Hopefully they will not be allowed to swap players between teams once the season has commenced.

No point name a kid you have never met or spoken with in the hope he may consider playing footy for your club - as Pekay has said they need to spent the next twelve months actively working with the junior clubs in their area so as to begin to build a relationship that will bear fruit in the future.

Pekay
8th December 2009, 12:46 PM
Precisely as Tara had said. Every kid on my list of H'Bury/QH kids that I called, or spoke with their parents, either said 'too early for footy talk', or 'is that wanker Johno involved' (Keeping in mind, Johno is a mate of mine, I just disagree with what he did) or the main one was 'we're playing at ECE' so there was nothing I could do. The commited kids I had, very few, I wasn't going to put them through struggling to field a team every week. Disappointing to say the least, but that's footy. A year or so of hard yakka will see us in a better situation.

nugget
8th December 2009, 03:24 PM
Precisely as Tara had said. Every kid on my list of H'Bury/QH kids that I called, or spoke with their parents, either said 'too early for footy talk', or 'is that wanker Johno involved' (Keeping in mind, Johno is a mate of mine, I just disagree with what he did) or the main one was 'we're playing at ECE' so there was nothing I could do. The commited kids I had, very few, I wasn't going to put them through struggling to field a team every week. Disappointing to say the least, but that's footy. A year or so of hard yakka will see us in a better situation.

Pekay, that's the big thing that has always baffled me in how Parra have managed to get a side up. Who would want to go and play with a coach like that. Yes, he's pasionate and puts in a lot more work than most do in Sydney but what are kids going to learn from him other than how to abuse umpires and carry on like a goose on the sideline. It's definately not what is needed at Under 18 level.

Doormat
9th December 2009, 05:45 AM
Nugget are talking about PK?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pekay, that's the big thing that has always baffled me in how Parra have managed to get a side up. Who would want to go and play with a coach like that. Yes, he's pasionate and puts in a lot more work than most do in Sydney but what are kids going to learn from him other than how to abuse umpires and carry on like a goose on the sideline. It's definately not what is needed at Under 18 level.

Doormat
9th December 2009, 06:01 AM
You make me sick! don't give him any ideas duck:mad:

Very well answered. You might still be a coach yet!!;)

Doormat
9th December 2009, 06:17 AM
Pk if the Duck isn't a smart ass by asking questions let me be please.

Couple of questions

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right?
2- You are the 18's coach, right?
3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct?
4- You will be Bullies assistant right?
5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right?
6- You will assist ECE 18's, right?
7- You are on the committee, right?
8- You got the new coach, right?
9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right?
10- You created the Alliance,right?

What next great man?
YOU ARE A GENIUS PAL:D

Busy weekend mate, only posted on the other thread through my phone, hardly enough room to write a novel.

You make some valid points, as a few others do. However, on their excess players that now make up their 3rd grade, sure, we could've used them this year (09) and next, but I wasn't willing to have 6 different players week in week out, throwing out the balance of our senior unit, and Bully wouldn't either. In 08, we could afford to use them, because our senior team wasn't as strong as 09. Only if they were available in 3 or 4 week blocks would I find it sustainable. So that covers that part. ECE can't be blamed or chastised for conolidating their numbers with a third side. They are only doing what the uni's do.

Also, if we have a good enough player, he has the option to go to ECE to play and try his luck, however, our better players are normally defence, so can't commit to play at that level (And we had a few that could've played Premier Div, Clayden at the top of that list) To clear it up though, no player since 2001 (When the Alliance was in its infancy) has gone from NWJ to ECE)

As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors) but at the end of the day, I didn't put enough time and energy into it over the last 6 months, with coaching, new job and destroying my leg, other more pressing priorities. I am totally focussed on having our 18s up and running in 2011, it will be better off with a year of hard work and effort, than trying from almost scratch. I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and hopefully ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place. For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors.

And you're not sounding like a smart ass, it was a legitimate question.

BeeEmmAre
9th December 2009, 11:52 AM

Couple of questions

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right? Yes
2- You are the 18's coach, right? Yes, in 2011
3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct? Yes, in 2010
4- You will be Bullies assistant right? No, Darryl Hillier
5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right? Yes, that's what an 18s coach does, right?
6- You will assist ECE 18's, right? He may correct me, but No - only in the background to ensure our kids are happy and to put plans in place for our team
7- You are on the committee, right? Yes
8- You got the new coach, right? In part. He targeted the coach, the club (president and other officials) went through the process
9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right? No - that was a club decision and was always a club plan
10- You created the Alliance,right? No - the president was the chief negotiator in those discussions

What next great man? Continuing to help develop the club on and off the field into a strong, family club that people want to be involved in, with success in Division 1 long term - the same as any club in an Alliance with a Premier club
YOU ARE A GENIUS PAL:DYes

EVERY club in the AFL Sydney, and indeed elsewhere across Australia, would love to have people as passionate and switched on as Pekay. A lot of clubs do have them, and are very luck for that, as we are.
We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are without Pekay. In fact, after what happened in 2005, there's every possibility we wouldn't even exist.

So, what's your point?

tara
9th December 2009, 12:08 PM
He doesnt have a point.

sam
9th December 2009, 01:03 PM

Couple of questions

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right?
2- You are the 18's coach, right?
3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct?
4- You will be Bullies assistant right?
5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right?
6- You will assist ECE 18's, right?
7- You are on the committee, right?
8- You got the new coach, right?
9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right?
10- You created the Alliance,right?

What next great man?
YOU ARE A GENIUS PAL:D

Waiting for PK reply, should be good!

Pekay
10th December 2009, 08:20 AM
You forgot-
11. Do many hours of community work (Court ordered)

12. Run the 100 in sub 11's.

13. Be better than Doormat.

14. Still find time to work at the U.N and on the Copenhagen summit.

15. Find a cure for rectal fungus.

16. Star in many best selling soft, medium and hard core porn.

17. Lecture at the local uni.

18. Write my memoirs, titled "Where did my 20's go??"

19. Walk the dogs.

20. Kick all the neighbourhood cats.

21. Do Auskick. (Train, not coach)

22. Paint masterpieces on building walls, all with a poska pen.

All this, plus more, in a days work for this genius. Its a wonder I even sleep.

Pekay
10th December 2009, 08:21 AM
As for what next, I'll put the gloves on for charity if you feel up to it. I'm sure all of Sydney footy would enjoy it. I know I would, even on one leg, with no lateral movement. You are a chance.

ShortHalfHead
10th December 2009, 08:35 AM
What.....No cure for cancer mentioned. Dropping the baton there a bit, mate

Pekay
10th December 2009, 09:00 AM
What.....No cure for cancer mentioned. Dropping the baton there a bit, mate

That would be blowing my own trumpet a bit. I have Doormat to do that for me.

BIGSHOW
10th December 2009, 11:00 AM
I thought that you have something to do with the invention of solar power and hybrid cars didnt you.I also read somewhere that you where the 11 woman to come forward a tigers lover.good work

Pekay
10th December 2009, 11:29 AM
Well, after being the 3rd man to land on the moon back in the 60s, the hybrid car was one of my least memorable achievements. As for Tiger, he is keeping me secret with hush money.

Bert
10th December 2009, 02:51 PM
I thought Doorknob wrote your memoirs on twitter?

Doormat
15th December 2009, 09:51 PM
Did PK say this Bee or was this someone else?

1- You are the football manager of the club, is that right? Yes
2- You are the 18's coach, right? Yes, in 2011
3- You will co-coach the magoos, correct? Yes, in 2010
Quote from PK - "For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors"?.

5- You will work closely with junior clubs in your area, right? Yes, that's what an 18s coach does, right?
6- You will assist ECE 18's, right? He may correct me, but No - only in the background to ensure our kids are happy and to put plans in place for our team
Quote from PK - "Don't get me wrong, if it were offered that way I'd jump at it, anyone would. But as I have said, I will be working with both juniors clubs and ECE as well to make it happen next year"
also backed up with "I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place"

7- You are on the committee, right? Yes

8- You got the new coach, right? In part. He targeted the coach, the club (president and other officials) went through the process - No
He said "As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors)

9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right? No - that was a club decision and was always a club plan- No Big fella as you were quoted " we did a deal with ECE as they went down & we went up"

10- You created the Alliance,right? No - the president was the chief negotiator in those discussions

What next great man? Continuing to help develop the club on and off the field into a strong, family club that people want to be involved in, with success in Division 1 long term - the same as any club in an Alliance with a Premier club
YOU ARE A GENIUS PALYes

QUOTE=BeeEmmAre;469361]EVERY club in the AFL Sydney, and indeed elsewhere across Australia, would love to have people as passionate and switched on as Pekay. A lot of clubs do have them, and are very luck for that, as we are.
We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are without Pekay. In fact, after what happened in 2005, there's every possibility we wouldn't even exist.

So, what's your point?[/QUOTE]

BeeEmmAre
15th December 2009, 10:46 PM
Did PK say this Bee or was this someone else?

Quote from PK - "For now, I will co-coach our magoos and assist seniors"?.

Quote from PK - "Don't get me wrong, if it were offered that way I'd jump at it, anyone would. But as I have said, I will be working with both juniors clubs and ECE as well to make it happen next year"
also backed up with "I will be involved with the local junior clubs, and ECE 18s as well, to put the required work in place"
8- You got the new coach, right? In part. He targeted the coach, the club (president and other officials) went through the process - No
He said "As for 18s, I was asked to set up and coach our team this year (provided I could get someone to take seniors)

9- You got the team put up a division even though you came 3rd right? No - that was a club decision and was always a club plan- No Big fella as you were quoted " we did a deal with ECE as they went down & we went up"

You haven't pointed out anything that is any different to what I said.

No.4 - A person with Pekay's knowledge, dedication and experience will obviously have some sort of role regarding the on-field performance of the club, but Darryl 'Wookie' Hillier is the assistant coach.
No.6 - What Pekay and I said are both the same. There is no official role with East Coast Challenge Cup AFAIK, but he will be taking an interest to put the procedures in place to lay the groundwork for an NWJ Challenge Cup team in 2011.
No.8 - Pekay identified Gary Bull as the ideal person to coach the Jets into the future, and got him down to the club to assist during the finals. This was to get him interested in our job as opposed to chasing a Premier League position. Our president, Jim Allan, as would be the case with any club, was then responsible for taking it to the next level and getting his autograph on paper.
No.9 - Where did I ever say there was a deal? We applied to go up, ECE applied to go down. There was no deal to arrange that, but why would two Allied clubs want to field teams in the same division if it can be avoided.

Pekay
16th December 2009, 07:39 AM
You went through all of my previous posts, just to prove a point that was invalid anyway?? Wow, I'm flattered. Have you set up a Wikipedia page in my name yet?

Doormat
16th December 2009, 09:17 AM
Not yet gr8man, but hang on. Now l'm based back in Sydney for 010 i will unleash some great reading:D

BTW is that American show "the hills" on Foxtel for real?

You went through all of my previous posts, just to prove a point that was invalid anyway?? Wow, I'm flattered. Have you set up a Wikipedia page in my name yet?

Doormat
16th December 2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the reply Bee. Are you the spokes person for the gr8man? Know of another tosser that needs some PR maybe give Big Lavs a ring.

Just officially wish to go on record & state that you are the best caller in SAFL(even though your are bias towards ECE, l know they pay your wage!), your a nice bloke also, great club man & great human being BUT please refrain from making outragous statements Like

"A person with Pekay's knowledge"

pls big fella refrain for the good of all humanity:eek:

You haven't pointed out anything that is any different to what I said.

No.4 - A person with Pekay's knowledge, dedication and experience will obviously have some sort of role regarding the on-field performance of the club, but Darryl 'Wookie' Hillier is the assistant coach.
No.6 - What Pekay and I said are both the same. There is no official role with East Coast Challenge Cup AFAIK, but he will be taking an interest to put the procedures in place to lay the groundwork for an NWJ Challenge Cup team in 2011.
No.8 - Pekay identified Gary Bull as the ideal person to coach the Jets into the future, and got him down to the club to assist during the finals. This was to get him interested in our job as opposed to chasing a Premier League position. Our president, Jim Allan, as would be the case with any club, was then responsible for taking it to the next level and getting his autograph on paper.
No.9 - Where did I ever say there was a deal? We applied to go up, ECE applied to go down. There was no deal to arrange that, but why would two Allied clubs want to field teams in the same division if it can be avoided.

Pekay
16th December 2009, 09:41 AM
You could've chosen a bigger font than that.