PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rate A Season: #39 Heath Grundy

BeeEmmAre
4th January 2010, 10:42 PM
Time to finish this off.

You know you want to....

RogueSwan
5th January 2010, 08:24 AM
6 + 2 for for the grab of the year. He has become a solid contributor who's skills below his knees have greatly improved. Doesn't seem to fumble a tumbling ball at all anymore.

reigning premier
5th January 2010, 09:48 AM

Did some good things this year. Finally looked like he'd be an asset instead of a liability. Could be a future leader of this club.

5th January 2010, 03:27 PM
Finally looking the part, maybe because he feels more a permanent part of the team rather than a fill in.

DeadlyAkkuret
5th January 2010, 04:30 PM
7.5 and should have moty.

COBHC
5th January 2010, 05:44 PM
Ripped off from Mark of the Year. 8. Love ya Reggie. :)

Nico
5th January 2010, 10:04 PM
9 - Very impressive second half of the season. Jesse was good but this bloke was a our "find" of the season.

He found a yard in pace, backed himself, finally knew where to run, started to be a general in defence and generally delivered to advantage. Looks a natural centre half back.

As far as I am concerned our starting back half for 2010 is:

Smith, LRT, Bolton
Kennelly, Grundy, Shaw

Very formidable group that gives us a blend of height and run.

AnnieH
6th January 2010, 01:48 PM
Fanks BMR ... I've been on holidays!!

Go Reg. Go.

6th January 2010, 03:23 PM

Agree with Nico on Grundy.

I didnt rate him highly , though made me eat my own words this year.
He was fantastic , and improved out of sight. Found his posi as well.

Burtons mark was better FWIW.

RogueSwan
6th January 2010, 04:08 PM
Burtons mark was better FWIW.

Nah, he had a better launching pad that is all.
Reg launched himself over that midget Jolly!

Lucky Knickers
6th January 2010, 06:30 PM
Really surprised me in 2009. Very solid defender. Great to see him find his place. Hopefully he will grow in confidence and be able to improve his decision making post those amazing marking moments rather than letting himself down with silly turnovers.

I'm looking forward to hearing "Reg Grundy You Star" when he takes a couple of grand final winning speccies in front of the pack in our next couple of premiership tilts in 2011/2012.

Even though I prefer a big talking high flying blonde boofhead type of footballer, he's not bad for the tall, dark, brooding, quiet, handsome type. He's the swans Mr Darcy I'm thinking.

BeeEmmAre
6th January 2010, 06:41 PM
Reggie had a great year.
He finally arrived as a good player for us, and many have already mentioned the Mark of the Year for which he was robbed by the manlove for the Birdman.
I still reckon he's a full forward, which is why it has taken so long for him to settle at the other end of the ground.
Well done Reg, keep it up.

8/10

Bear
6th January 2010, 07:48 PM

Slow, indecisive and the worst foot skills in the club.

Like 42, a liability against top 4 teams.

In 9 months time will be looking for a new club and there will be no takers.

For all his faults, Ted Richards is ahead of him.

Nico
6th January 2010, 09:00 PM

Slow, indecisive and the worst foot skills in the club.

Like 42, a liability against top 4 teams.

In 9 months time will be looking for a new club and there will be no takers.

For all his faults, Ted Richards is ahead of him.

You forgot to vote Bear. There is no 3 in the poll. A bit slow and indecisive perhaps.

Bear
7th January 2010, 12:04 PM
You forgot to vote Bear. There is no 3 in the poll. A bit slow and indecisive perhaps.

Sorry, was working on the non-compulsory voting system, but have rectified.

TheHood
7th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Improved in all areas except foot skills. After each screaming mark comes an ambitious and faulty kick usually results in a turn over.

Seems Reg believes that if he can defy gravity, when he finally does land, he has the kicking skills of Nathan Buckley, NOT Heath Grundy.

10/10 for effort. Greatly improved year. Should improve further.