PDA

View Full Version : Swans Leading Goal Kicker in 2010

Bas
12th January 2010, 09:42 PM
Who do you think will gain the honours for leading goal kicker this year?

My head says probably Bradshaw with 50 to 60 but I think Trent Dennis-Lane will give him a run for his money. Followed by Jesse with about 40. Bradshaw if he remains fit should produce more goals than Mickey did in his final years. I would prefer to look at him as replacement for Boxing Barry and Hyphen 2 as replacing Micky.

Hyphen 2 will have a great unknown factor as far as other Clubs are concerned. If he keeps developing as has been written, he should be very exciting to watch.

Lewis Johnston should make an appearance this year as well.

Lets just hope they kick straight.

desredandwhite
12th January 2010, 10:00 PM
I'll go with Bradshaw, followed by White and TDL. Jarrad McVeigh next, then Vesza.

Lock it in, Eddie.

RogueSwan
12th January 2010, 10:17 PM
Heart with Goodes. He has become a very good goal kicker. 38.17 last year and 29.14 the year before.
This year he will kick 52.32
Head with Bradshaw. 58.21 last year and 75.31 the year before. This year he will kick 68.33.
Jesse will kick about 44.40

bedford
12th January 2010, 10:53 PM
Bradshaw if he stays fit will win it easily

laughingnome
12th January 2010, 11:03 PM
I'm going to say Jesse, because I think Bradshaw might be spread around the ground a bit. Not really, but I guess that's why they call it a dark horse :p

satchmopugdog
13th January 2010, 07:41 AM
Being my usual indecisive self,I can't make a decision ...but I know that if we have someone kick over 50 goals we are going to have a good year.

Would love it to be Bradshaw as he seems like such a good bloke.(All the Fitzroy/Brisbane supporters here in town are spewing that we have got hima nd they have got Fev)

Would love it to be White as that means we have have had a youngster emerge.

Would love it to be Goodes as that means he would have elevated himself onto another level.

Would love it to be all three as statistically that would mean we would be in the Grand Final.

Auntie.Gerald
13th January 2010, 08:39 AM
Jarred Moore for sure !!

johnno
13th January 2010, 08:58 AM
Mike Pyke!!!

Doctor
13th January 2010, 09:26 AM
Bradshaw comfortably. I hope he's as accurate as he traditionally has been and that it rubs off on some of the others!

ShockOfHair
13th January 2010, 09:32 AM
This will be Brett Kirk's year.

Captain
13th January 2010, 09:33 AM
Jessie White to beat Bradshaw by 1 goal.

Puppy Eyes
13th January 2010, 10:17 AM
Dan Currie, call it an obsession.

swansrob
13th January 2010, 10:47 AM
Number 1 defender will take Bradshaw, number 2 Goodes, which leaves Jesse White to run the third defender into the ground and kick 15 goals a game!

ROK Lobster
13th January 2010, 12:29 PM
This will be Brett Kirk's year.Sydney to kick 9 goals for the season?

laughingnome
13th January 2010, 12:55 PM
Number 1 defender will take Bradshaw, number 2 Goodes, which leaves Jesse White to run the third defender into the ground and kick 15 goals a game!

Maybe more like White cuts them up in the first quarter and draws the first defender, then Bradshaw cuts them up in the second, Goodes in the third and by the fourth quarter the flood is on to stop them and then Vespa starts banging them from outside 50.

Hartijon
13th January 2010, 01:05 PM
Every other team knows Bradshaw well and already have a plan to combat him before each game. Whitey will take a while and needs to settle into the position before we can expect an explosion. Goodsey will be a good CHF but I doubt he will kick a bag full every week.
My money is on Trent D-L.After listening to Blakey talk him up,its obvious he will play. He kicked 60 goals in the WAFL last year and with better delivery,better playing surfaces and greater skilled players around him ,he could kick more in the AFL. Finally,the other teams will not know how to "man up " on him yet. He could exploit this. I predict he will top our goal kicking list in 2010. I think our extra speed across the centre line and run out of the backlines will give him many opportunities. I see he kicked 3 in a 1/2 hour practise match! Nice start!

Triple B
13th January 2010, 02:04 PM
.. He kicked 60 goals in the WAFL last year and with better delivery,better playing surfaces and greater skilled players around him ,he could kick more in the AFL.

What about the better defenders ???

Hartijon
13th January 2010, 03:20 PM
What about the better defenders ???
Going by the better defenders on him during the practise match,this will not be a problem. If the centre line can feed this kid ,he will get plenty of opportunities to score regardless of the calibre of the defence.

Lucky Knickers
13th January 2010, 05:58 PM
1. Goodes
2. Bradshaw
3. Dennis-lane
4. White

I have no idea how many goals but I'm hoping A LOT

Nico
13th January 2010, 07:24 PM
We need at least one player to kick 50+ goals and ideally 2 others to weigh in with 30+ for us to genuinely challenge this season. We simply haven't kicked enough goals in the last 2 seasons.

Bradshaw looks a moral to kick the most goals for us.

Triple B
13th January 2010, 08:41 PM
Going by the better defenders on him during the practise match,this will not be a problem. If the centre line can feed this kid ,he will get plenty of opportunities to score regardless of the calibre of the defence.

I think you are expecting a bit much from a 50's something pick in the draft to come in and kick 60+ goals in AFL.

He'll be doing a real good job in his first year to play a dozen games, let alone kick 60+ goals.

You get top marks for optimism though.

laughingnome
13th January 2010, 09:48 PM
You get top marks for optimism though.

Isn't that the point of the off-season?

reigning premier
14th January 2010, 09:40 AM
Absolutely staggering when you think about our options to goal in 2010 in comparison to years gone by;

Before

1. B. Hall.
2. M. O'Loughlin.
3. A. Schneider/J. Moore/N. Davis
4. J. McVeigh

Now;

1. D. Bradshaw
2. J. White
3. A. Goodes
4. TDL
5. J. McVeigh
6. P. Vezspremi
7. Thornton/Moore/Jack

All good options to score and all legitimate targets that will play in the same team.

BeeEmmAre
14th January 2010, 12:38 PM
It's Bradshaw minimum 70, but I'll predict 82 goals.

And he'll beat Fevola!

Nico
14th January 2010, 09:12 PM
Absolutely staggering when you think about our options to goal in 2010 in comparison to years gone by;

Before

1. B. Hall.
2. M. O'Loughlin.
3. A. Schneider/J. Moore/N. Davis
4. J. McVeigh

Now;

1. D. Bradshaw
2. J. White
3. A. Goodes
4. TDL
5. J. McVeigh
6. P. Vezspremi
7. Thornton/Moore/Jack

All good options to score and all legitimate targets that will play in the same team.

Hallcentric for too long perhaps. I hope the Dogs fall for the same trick.

Bas
1st December 2010, 10:31 AM
Interesting to look back on this thread.

BTW, who won?

swansrob
1st December 2010, 11:19 AM
Interesting to look back on this thread.

BTW, who won?

Goodes - 44
Bradshaw - 28
McGlynn - 23
White - 22
Jack - 21

Bas
1st December 2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks for that.

Interesting we had 4 players kicking 20 plus.

No one predicted Benny's contribution.

RogueSwan
1st December 2010, 12:14 PM
Jack - 21
Is there anything this kid can't do?

Bleed Red Blood
1st December 2010, 12:33 PM
How many times leading goal kicker is that for Goodes?

edit: whats the leading goal kicker award called? is it in honour of anyone? bob pratt?

ScottH
1st December 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for that.

Interesting we had 4 players kicking 20 plus.

No one predicted Benny's contribution.

5 by my count!!

ScottH
1st December 2010, 12:35 PM
How many times leading goal kicker is that for Goodes?

Last 2 years I think.

Bleed Red Blood
1st December 2010, 01:00 PM
Last 2 years I think.

And 2001.

Bas
1st December 2010, 01:06 PM
5 by my count!!

I have added the link to the 2010 stats page:

Sydney Swans Statistics - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/2010%20statistics/tabid/7120/default.aspx)

It is only 4. TDL got to 18 and ROK added 17.

Big Al
1st December 2010, 01:13 PM
I have added the link to the 2010 stats page:

Sydney Swans Statistics - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/2010%20statistics/tabid/7120/default.aspx)

It is only 4. TDL got to 18 and ROK added 17.

5 mate according to those stats.... or are you not including Goodes as 20+?

Bas
1st December 2010, 01:17 PM
5 mate according to those stats.... or are you not including Goodes as 20+?

Sorry, no I wasn't including Goodes. I should have written 4 players who have kicked 20 to 30 goals.

ScottH
1st December 2010, 01:19 PM
And 2001.

Ta. Thought there might have been another one.

ScottH
1st December 2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry, no I wasn't including Goodes. I should have written 4 players who have kicked 20 to 30 goals.

Now you're counting straight!!

Bloody Hell
2nd December 2010, 06:50 AM
White will be lucky to kick 20.

Bradshaw by some margin, then McGlynn, then TDL.

dimelb
2nd December 2010, 09:04 AM
Goodes - 44
Bradshaw - 28
McGlynn - 23
White - 22
Jack - 21
I'm not unhappy with those results. There's room for improvement of course.
I wonder how it would read if goal assists were added in; I suspect White's figure would rise significantly (by comparison with 22 I mean!)

Jewels
2nd December 2010, 09:52 AM
White will be lucky to kick 20.

Bradshaw by some margin, then McGlynn, then TDL.

Agree about White, but I'm hoping for a big season from Lewis Johnston (God I hope I haven't given him the kiss of death, Vez was my last favourite cygnet :( ) and I'm predicting he'll kick 30!

ScottH
2nd December 2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not unhappy with those results. There's room for improvement of course.
I wonder how it would read if goal assists were added in; I suspect White's figure would rise significantly (by comparison with 22 I mean!)

Nah, not really.
2010 stats sorted by Goal assists (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/?pageid=stats&rnd=Total&sby=a&year=2010)

liz
2nd December 2010, 11:09 AM
Nah, not really.
2010 stats sorted by Goal assists (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/?pageid=stats&rnd=Total&sby=a&year=2010)

Those are interesting stats. They underline why Goodes is far more valuable than I suspect most of us are sometimes aware of, that Jack and McGlynn's offensive contribution was massive, and that White needs to make significant improvement in output to become a long term valuable asset. Also show how much TDL is a finisher, rather than a provider.

dimelb
2nd December 2010, 11:23 AM
Fascinating stats. Agree that White needs to lift his output, but he is a very efficient user of the ball, ranking only behind Reg and (surprise, surprise) Mike Pyke. And agree with Liz about Goodes, McGlynn and Jack - their assists were outstanding. Maybe the TLM award wasn't too far off the mark.

Hartijon
2nd December 2010, 05:45 PM
Bradshaw will kick the most goals by a country mile if he can stay on the park. The odd big bag of 6 plus a regular 2-3 goals a game should see him give the Coleman a nudge as well.(65+) TDL will be next as he is such an efficient finisher and rarely wastes an opportunity (35). Lewis Johnston if he debuts (which I hope he does) will get as many as White depending where he plays.(25) Mc Glynne and Jack will also each get a nice total by the end of the season(20).The only possibility from left field might be Reid if Horse plays him as a forward. I like this guy young though he is, he has class and potential written all over him.White's form this next season is also extremely interesting.It's the make or break season and we have seen with others( eg McVeigh)that players can turn it all around.How exciting if he cracked it and came good? He could put us in top 4 contention and then anything can happen.

2nd December 2010, 08:01 PM
Rewatching the games from this year has been educational to notice how good Bradshaw can be and how White shows glimpses that are real star material.

If Braddy can stay on the park and White can finally realise his potential, with the exciting batch of small/medium forwards we have assembled then we will have a very exciting ride in 2011.

Excited about Reid and Johnston too but c'mon Jesse, make 2011 your season.