PDA

View Full Version : Changes this week against the Saints?

troyjones2525
22nd February 2010, 01:06 PM
Does anyone have any inside info on changes to the squad for this week? Any chance of Bradshaw, Mumford, White, Vez, O'Keefe etc getting a game? Craig Bolton looked to get an injury last week but hopefully its not too serious!

swansrob
22nd February 2010, 01:27 PM
O'Keefe and Mumford are both expected to play.

schwattasboots
22nd February 2010, 04:43 PM
hope that they keep lewis jetta , ben mcglyn, mark seaby , jude bolton , brett kirk and gary rohan

johnno
23rd February 2010, 10:38 AM
I think you'll find Pyke dropped for Mumford. I know O'keefe will play, dont know who he will replace. R. Shaw is not expected to play.

swansrob
23rd February 2010, 11:00 AM
hope that they keep lewis jetta , ben mcglyn, mark seaby , jude bolton , brett kirk and gary rohan

Can't see any of these guys missing out.
And I think johnno's probably right, Pyke out for Mumford.

reigning premier
23rd February 2010, 11:36 AM
Where's Playfair????? Thought he'd definitely play in the last game.

Are we to assume that the stories of him "training down the house" and being "in the best form of his life" are just another beat up???

Plugger46
23rd February 2010, 12:18 PM

Are we to assume that the stories of him "training down the house" and being "in the best form of his life" are just another beat up???

If we're full-strength I can't see a spot in the H&A season for him anyway.

reigning premier
23rd February 2010, 12:55 PM
If we're full-strength I can't see a spot in the H&A season for him anyway.

Agreed. But he'll make an excellent cash cow in my super coach team. ;)

Old Royboy
23rd February 2010, 05:23 PM

Henry is a mature age rookie, so while there are no long term injuries there is not much point in playing him. My take is that he has accepted the "mother hen" job in the ressies that Benny Mathews did so well and NOG knocked back. As to where he is, on Sat night he sneaked around to the outer and indulged in some good old fashioned junk food - and quite happy to say hi to those who recognised him.

Reggi
23rd February 2010, 08:04 PM
I would think Mike Pyke would be unlucky to get dropped, then again after the performance of the Canadian Ice Hockey team at the winter games.............

Seeing Mumford this week will be fascinating, he and Seaby look to be very competitive, I thought Seaby was good against Carlton, not dominant but good. Shame if Sumner did not get another run. seen no news on Craig Bolton

At this stage IMHO St Kilda will be too strong for us but you never know

hammo
23rd February 2010, 10:12 PM
I can't see the injury list on the website but according to an update sent out to media by the club today:

Craig Bolton Groin Test
Ed Barlow Quad Test
Jesse White Ankle 1 week
Rhyce Shaw Knee 1 week
Trent Dennis-Lane Knee 1-2 weeks
Brett Meredith Quad 4 weeks
Daniel Bradshaw Knee 6 weeks
Kristin Thornton Knee 10 weeks

Jeffers1984
23rd February 2010, 10:34 PM
TDL out Veszpremi in?

ShockOfHair
24th February 2010, 02:22 AM
I can't see the injury list on the website but according to an update sent out to media by the club today:

Craig Bolton Groin Test
Ed Barlow Quad Test
Jesse White Ankle 1 week
Rhyce Shaw Knee 1 week
Trent Dennis-Lane Knee 1-2 weeks
Brett Meredith Quad 4 weeks
Daniel Bradshaw Knee 6 weeks
Kristin Thornton Knee 10 weeks

That clears up some things, though those timings are a bit fuzzy. I assume Bradshaw's 6 weeks is from the time of the op two or three weeks back. He's supposed to be ready for Round 1. Pre-season disinformation.:confused:

Bad luck for Thornton.

Primmy
24th February 2010, 06:40 AM
That clears up some things, though those timings are a bit fuzzy. I assume Bradshaw's 6 weeks is from the time of the op two or three weeks back. He's supposed to be ready for Round 1. Pre-season disinformation.:confused:

Bad luck for Thornton.
Oh dear. Again.

swansrob
24th February 2010, 08:34 AM
TDL out Veszpremi in?

I hope so.

Chilcott
24th February 2010, 08:43 AM
Bradshaw will miss at least round 1 and should be right by end of March.

bennyfrou
24th February 2010, 12:14 PM

Bad luck for Thornton.

I agree with the timings. If it is correct then it is a bit crap! Wouldn't we have heard if Thornton had done a knee??

swansrob
24th February 2010, 12:39 PM
I agree with the timings. If it is correct then it is a bit crap! Wouldn't we have heard if Thornton had done a knee??

Thornton was the first player ruled out of the NAB Cup.

liz
24th February 2010, 01:32 PM

I think this is just Thornton recovering from a knee clean-up at the end of last season.

(As an aside, I saw him in my local Coles last night and he looked in one piece and was moving freely.)

Primmy
24th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Don't know about you lot, but I am hanging out to see Mumford in action. I understand we are resting Curry, who may be a keeper if he keeps working, and playing Mummy. They can't play ALL of them all the time, so its a good rotation. Great to be able to see just why the Geelong fans were so miffed at losing him.

reigning premier
24th February 2010, 08:36 PM
According to propaganda.com......

See it here..... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/89874/default.aspx)

Sydney Swans midfielder Craig Bird has a stress fracture to his foot and will be sidelined for approximately 10-12 weeks.

Nico
24th February 2010, 08:55 PM
4 knee injuries already. Before we heard of Bradshaw's injury the mail was the squad was raring to go. Shaw's knee worries me a bit. Meredith seems to be injury prone.

Whilst Bird's injury is disappointing we seem to have plenty of midfielders.

Lucky Knickers
24th February 2010, 09:33 PM
Meredith seems to be injury prone.
I take comfort that they are two vastly different injuries. Breaking your arm and doing a quad.
Wait! Is there more I don't know about?

Triple B
24th February 2010, 11:01 PM
I take comfort that they are two vastly different injuries. Breaking your arm and doing a quad.
Wait! Is there more I don't know about?

He missed most of his first year here after a shoulder reco. So that's 3 vastly different injuries/

smasher
25th February 2010, 07:14 AM
Anyone who has had a stress fracture in the foot will know that you can't put an accurate time on the healing time.Often depends at what stage it is diagnosed.
You've gotta feel for the bloke,he can't take a trick with his body.

wearebloods
25th February 2010, 07:55 AM
Uncle Paul has confirmed in The Age today that Mummy & ROK will play this week....so that's a positive

stellation
25th February 2010, 09:36 AM
Forgive my ignorance if I've missed it somewhere obvious, but Lewis Johnstone isn't on the injury list and won't get a run in the NAB cup?

Primmy
25th February 2010, 10:22 AM
Forgive my ignorance if I've missed it somewhere obvious, but Lewis Johnstone isn't on the injury list and won't get a run in the NAB cup?

Stella, he hasn't yet played as he had a major foot injury in 2009, and was out all year with Campbell Heath (knee and school). Those two and Jake Orreal and the rest of the mob are in the train on squad for this season. He is definitely not ready to match it with the big boys yet. Hopefully I will be able to post some Ressie Action for them this year.

stellation
25th February 2010, 03:56 PM
Stella, he hasn't yet played as he had a major foot injury in 2009, and was out all year with Campbell Heath (knee and school). Those two and Jake Orreal and the rest of the mob are in the train on squad for this season. He is definitely not ready to match it with the big boys yet. Hopefully I will be able to post some Ressie Action for them this year.
I appreciate he was out most of last year, Rohan didn't exactly get a lot of game time in the AFL either in 2009 ;)

I was just curious that he doesn't appear to be mentioned as in the mix for a NAB cup gig, has he been on a restricted pre-season training program? If he hasn't been then I must admit I do find it a bit odd.