PDA

View Full Version : 40 minutes of Lloyd?

Lucky Knickers
30th March 2010, 07:06 PM
All I can say is thank god I don't support Freo and I'm not going to be subjected to this on the weekend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-to-farewell-lloyd-with-40-minute-tribute/story-e6frf9jf-1225847569803

Although I am happy that
He will then take part in the unveiling of the "Lloyd end", which will replace the Coventry end for every Bombers home game at the ground in 2010.. If they'd have given him the Lockett end I might have had to riot (ineffectually).

ShockOfHair
30th March 2010, 07:47 PM
What LK said yeh!

The sheer freakin' arrogance of Essendon. I hope the Freo supporters throw wads of dirt in the air and headbutt their Essendon neighbours.

dimelb
30th March 2010, 08:59 PM
Lloyd replacing a legend? What is the place coming to?

cruiser
30th March 2010, 09:48 PM
Everyone there who isnt a Bombers supporter should dive again and again during the entire painful 40 minutes.

Lucky Knickers
30th March 2010, 10:27 PM
Knowing those Dockerland fans I wouldn't put it past them turning up in swimming caps and goggles!
What an awesome idea for our next STK game!

Lucky Knickers
30th March 2010, 10:41 PM
I just had to pop over to Dockerland. They are one bunch of very funny people.
Check out this thread and the alternate tribute to Jeff Farmer!

The Harry Highpants ****fest - Dockerland (http://www.dockerland.com/index.php/1-docker-discussions/301195-rd-2-2010-the-harry-highpants-fest.html#301195)

Wardy
31st March 2010, 07:32 AM
that is hilarious, god love the Freo supporter The Farmer "tribute" would be far more entertaining thats for sure. - honestly 40 mintues of Lloyd - Jesus!!! (oh god I just worked it out :eek:- they are playing it over Easter:eek: - does this mean that Lloyd might do a "Jesus" and rise from the dead and make a comeback?:eek: Lord please NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

laughingnome
31st March 2010, 10:47 AM
After the unveiling Lloyd will kick a ceremonial 300th goal with a lucky fan standing the mark.

Wouldn't it just be too perfect if he missed?

Coventry kicked 1299 goals at 4.25. Lockett kicked 1360 at 4.84. Lloyd kicked 927 at 3.43. The Machine and Plugger are in a seperate league to The Diver. I don't care that Essendon fans will bleat "he didn't play Full Forward at the end of his career" because that's irrelevant. Gary Ablett Jnr would be a fantastic Forward Pocket like his father, that doesn't mean you get to venerate him as a Full Forward of the century. You play were you play and history decides the rest.

Lloyd, put simply, isn't in the same league as Coventry and Lockett. I wish Essendon fans would stop pretending he was and return to thinking about Coleman - who was.

Wardy
31st March 2010, 10:50 AM
I actually have to watch a DVD on Trade Commodity Clauses as part of my studies - and if I had to chose between that and a 40 minute tribute to Lloyd - warm the set and cool the tinnies - Trade Commodities wins handes down!!! (god I really do have to get out more!)

Big Al
31st March 2010, 03:27 PM

Be better if an umpire actually did his job and called play on because he took too long as usual. I feel for any Freo fan that has to sit through this rubbish.

Kirkari
31st March 2010, 04:03 PM
Be better if an umpire actually did his job and called play on because he took too long as usual. I feel for any Freo fan that has to sit through this rubbish.

The "lucky fan" will probably give away 50...

Kirkari
31st March 2010, 04:52 PM
Knowing those Dockerland fans I wouldn't put it past them turning up in swimming caps and goggles!
What an awesome idea for our next STK game!

I'm in. Especially as it will be in the finals - right?!

Jesse Richards
3rd April 2010, 11:29 AM
Crash helmets for the next St Kilda game.

royboy42
3rd April 2010, 11:31 AM
It surprises me that Essendon would place Lloyd above John Coleman.
In Coleman's 6 year career from 49 to 54 he kicked more than 10 goals in a game 12 times. He kicked over 7 in a game 30 times in that period.
Lloyd, on the other hand,managed more than 10 just 3 times, and more than 7 only 24 times...yet he played 6 more years than the famous number 10!
Oh, and Coleman played in 18 game home and home seasons, not 22.
The argument over whether Lloyd should replace Coventry is just silly..he's not even in these guys' postcode!

Coventry kicked 1299 goals at 4.25. Lockett kicked 1360 at 4.84. Lloyd kicked 927 at 3.43. The Machine and Plugger are in a seperate league to The Diver. I don't care that Essendon fans will bleat "he didn't play Full Forward at the end of his career" because that's irrelevant. Gary Ablett Jnr would be a fantastic Forward Pocket like his father, that doesn't mean you get to venerate him as a Full Forward of the century. You play were you play and history decides the rest.

Lloyd, put simply, isn't in the same league as Coventry and Lockett. I wish Essendon fans would stop pretending he was and return to thinking about Coleman - who was.

Glenn
4th April 2010, 12:40 PM

They probably will put him at the top of the Square and directly in front.

laughingnome
4th April 2010, 01:34 PM
They probably will put him at the top of the Square and directly in front.

It's happened before.

Big Al
4th April 2010, 06:29 PM
Hope the final qtr goals that smashed Essendon were all kicked to the princesses end...;)

ShockOfHair
4th April 2010, 07:27 PM
Well done Freo. After eight consecutive losses, their first win ever at Ethihad over the Bombers. A day for breaking hoodoos.

Trickster
4th April 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm in. Especially as it will be in the finals - right?!

I'm in-I will also redeclare my vendetta against Nick 'the thick' Riewoldt

ScottH
4th April 2010, 07:57 PM
Hope the final qtr goals that smashed Essendon were all kicked to the princesses end...;)

You really are a heartless bastard!!!
;)

Big Al
4th April 2010, 08:33 PM
You really are a heartless bastard!!!
;)

Guilty your honour...:D

i'm-uninformed2
13th April 2010, 03:17 PM
I just had to pop over to Dockerland. They are one bunch of very funny people.
Check out this thread and the alternate tribute to Jeff Farmer!

The Harry Highpants ****fest - Dockerland (http://www.dockerland.com/index.php/1-docker-discussions/301195-rd-2-2010-the-harry-highpants-fest.html#301195)

They are brilliant. I remember their hysterical barracking for us prior to the 06 grand final, even after we knocked em out the week before. I wish I could find that link