PDA

View Full Version : Oh no!

Peace
16th April 2010, 03:55 PM
North to use Pies tactics - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/92432/default.aspx)

"I have intricate knowledge of what Collingwood do to beat Sydney, so we're certainly going to apply some of those tactics this week and we think that will give us a huge advantage," he said from Arden Street on Friday morning."

i think he forgets that he isn't coaching collingwood and a lot of our team has changed, nice bit of hype for the roos though.

he seems a little too cocky though, more than us/me! :)

Robbo
16th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Having the tactics to beat us is one thing, having the cattle to do it is another.

goswannie14
16th April 2010, 04:02 PM
Insight has also come from former Swans development coach Brett Allison, who was added to Scott's staff as forward-line coach in the off-season.

"He knows their players very, very well and certainly knows their game style and what they're trying to achieve," he said.
No, he knew the list last year, we have so many new players he won't have a clue about many of the players. Oh well, if that floats his boat.

andyn
16th April 2010, 04:31 PM
North to use Pies tactics - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/92432/default.aspx)

With all the changes to Sydney's lineup, does this count for much? Do we still play the same way we have played in previous years? What would people say Collingwood have done tactic wise to have it over us in the past few years?

Plugger46
16th April 2010, 04:38 PM
No, he knew the list last year, we have so many new players he won't have a clue about many of the players. Oh well, if that floats his boat.

Correct. We've got a totally different structure with a number of new players. We don't look anything like the old and tired team of 2009.

giant
16th April 2010, 04:47 PM
Is it OK to boo Allison while he's on the sidelines then?

AnnieH
16th April 2010, 04:50 PM
Serious?
I think that's called clutching at straws.

Cheer_Cheer
16th April 2010, 05:28 PM
It is yet to be seen if what Collingwood do when it actually is Collingwood is enough to beat us this year.

ShockOfHair
16th April 2010, 06:34 PM
The way Malthouse and Jolly have been hogging the headlines, I certainly hope Scott take his cues from them.

Far Reach
16th April 2010, 07:49 PM
We've adapted now; a bit faster, more efficient kicking, taggers tagging, more forward targets, settled backline (or getting there). Old clog tactics won't work any more as we expose teams by heading straight through the middle.

ScottH
16th April 2010, 09:03 PM
Having the tactics to beat us is one thing, having the cattle to do it is another.

That was my thought too.

Primmy
17th April 2010, 09:17 AM
That was my thought too.

Me too.

But Fruity may be a bit of a niggle. However having so many of our own who were not around last year will make a difference. And on top of that North actually got some air time in the media! Note to self: We are barely rating a mention, again.......there is flying under the radar, and there is BEING IGNORED!!!!