PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw.

ScottH
17th April 2010, 09:51 PM
I thought he was pretty good last week.
But this week, he was bloody brilliant.

4.3 from 15 kicks.
11 Marks. 6 contested. 10 of them Inside 50.

DeadlyAkkuret
17th April 2010, 09:58 PM
He's a legend, adds so much class and he has a cheeky flair about him sometimes. He's fit in so well at Sydney!

Nico
17th April 2010, 10:04 PM
He covers a lot of ground in the forward 50. When it goes to him one on one there is a certain confidence that he will prevail. I tought he could have 8 today. A few times he was one out but the player with the ball didn't move it on quick enough. He could have also had a shhot from set shots instead of trying to pass off.

Vonsteinman
17th April 2010, 10:05 PM
It's pretty impressive the way he's slotted in. I realise that there are a number of new players at the club, but at least they've virtually all had a summer of training and practice matches.

He's basically come in from a standing start and had an immediate impact. Really, an incredible achievement.

Jeffers1984
17th April 2010, 10:17 PM
Most impressive guns in the league...no homo.

msb
17th April 2010, 10:41 PM
He should of kicked at least 6 today, but he was very good!

Foreign Legion
17th April 2010, 10:50 PM
Yep msb, he should have got a brace of goals today but he was still great to watch.

Sounds silly, but he is almost a 'full forward for the footy purists'. He just moves so smoothly and judges the ball so well. If he stays fit he will kick 60+ this year.

Hopefully he and Jesse can work things out a bit, I get the feeling Jesse is trying to get out of the way at the moment.

AnnieH
17th April 2010, 11:33 PM
Jessie should go to Canberra. He'll be plenty out of the way then!!

Bradshaw is a dead-set gun. He looks like he's actually having fun, and makes it look sooooooooooooooooooooo easy.

Again, 11.5 out of 10 to the recruiters this year.

desredandwhite
18th April 2010, 12:12 AM
You know, I don't think we've had anyone like this who could take a contested mark since... probably Lockett. Barry was always better on the lead, Mick conjured goals from nowhere and Davo's main source of goals appeared to be his arse....

I think it's currently a very exciting blend of enthusiastic youth and hardened experience.

Reggi
18th April 2010, 07:50 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-bradshaw-paul-roos-happy-men/story-e6frf9jf-1225854952073

We need to play White. He needs to learn to position himself well at AFL level. Needs to put himself in dangerous spots. Coaching & Confidence.

Roos summed it up in the press conference, he draws a good player, gives the side flexibility

TheHood
18th April 2010, 08:24 AM
Dan was fantastic today but I thought Jesse played the perfect foil and besides, he took out Furito and whatshisname whilst getting air time. You cant beat that kind of legal brutality. Loved his hanger and goal.

Bradshaw gives the Swans forward line a brilliant confidence. His experience was worth the price.

Jeffers1984
18th April 2010, 08:53 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-bradshaw-paul-roos-happy-men/story-e6frf9jf-1225854952073

We need to play White. He needs to learn to position himself well at AFL level. Needs to put himself in dangerous spots. Coaching & Confidence.

Roos summed it up in the press conference, he draws a good player, gives the side flexibility

Exactly.

Damien
18th April 2010, 09:57 AM
He's a legend, adds so much class and he has a cheeky flair about him sometimes. He's fit in so well at Sydney!

Yeah we were talking about this yesterday, adds that required intimidation, class and cheek to the forward line without having us fans living in fear of a 10 week stint on the sidelines haha

hot potato
18th April 2010, 10:59 AM
I enjoyed watching Bradshaw when he was a Lion, I'm loving watching him as a SWAN.

hp

cruiser
18th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Would those who criticised the recruitment of Bradshaw care to tell us again why?

Vonsteinman
18th April 2010, 12:31 PM
Would those who criticised the recruitment of Bradshaw care to tell us again why?

Ha ha, very good Cruiser. While they're at it, how about those who criticised the welcome back of Kennelly and the persistence with Malceski join in...

Go Swannies
18th April 2010, 02:10 PM
I enjoyed watching Bradshaw when he was a Lion, I'm loving watching him as a SWAN.

hp

x2
I've never been as enthused by any pick-up from another team as by Bradshaw.
Now we just have to keep him injury-free for the next three years.

swansrule100
18th April 2010, 03:35 PM
very happy with bradshaw, especially because we basically got him for free. I dont agree with the calls for dropping white, think he can learn a lot off bradshaw

goswannie14
18th April 2010, 03:37 PM
Jessie should go to Canberra. He'll be plenty out of the way then!!

Bradshaw is a dead-set gun. He looks like he's actually having fun, and makes it look sooooooooooooooooooooo easy.

Again, 11.5 out of 10 to the recruiters this year.That's a silly comment Annie. It was much of "The Big Jesse's" work off the ball that allowed Bradshaw to be by himselk, one on one, on more than one occasion. Happy with the combo of the 2 at this stage.

Primmy
18th April 2010, 04:27 PM
I do like the fact that Bradshaw looks good in red. It brings out the blue in his eyes. A strong criteria for any of our players. ......

Anyway, am enjoying him in his role, watching how the chess pieces fit, and that Jesse requires two players to keep him at bay, leaving Brads with a little more space (some of the time). Jesse is going to be a bit of a problem for coaches in the future. In the meantime, its a good combo. Work in progress.

liz
18th April 2010, 04:30 PM
Slight risk that players start looking for Bradshaw all the time and ignore other options. I marked him down for 4.6 yesterday, not the 4.3 he's officially been crediting with, because if a shot goes nowhere close and is rushed through, I usually credit that to the player who kicked it (assuming they were having a proper shot on goal). Either way, it shows just how much of the forward ball went through Bradshaw.

Must admit I didn't really track Jesse much during the game -other than the moment when he was unmissable. Is he just not presenting well enough as an alternative option, or is he being ignored?

ScottH
18th April 2010, 04:37 PM
An interesting stat on Goals kicked this year.
The HS sun lists the tops x goal kickers.
We have 3, Bradshaw(11), McG(9), and Goodes(8).
WB have 1, guess who(14)??

Says a bit about our fwd line ATM.

TheHood
18th April 2010, 04:54 PM
Must admit I didn't really track Jesse much during the game -other than the moment when he was unmissable. Is he just not presenting well enough as an alternative option, or is he being ignored?

I don't think he's being ignored, but I do think he's getting a bit lost among the throng along with the fact that he is officially drawing the best defender now. He's definitely still learning position at this level but that makes Bradshaw's mentoring contribution all the more important.

ScottH
18th April 2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think he's being ignored, but I do think he's getting a bit lost among the throng along with the fact that he is officially drawing the best defender now. He's definitely still learning position at this level but that makes Bradshaw's mentoring contribution all the more important.

He was playing a lot more up the ground at times, leaving Bradshaw one out in the square.

TheHood
18th April 2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe Roosy was suggesting post match that he should either be a tradiional link man at CHF or stay home more and kick the goals he's required to. A spare man in attack seems like an indulgence.

dimelb
18th April 2010, 05:37 PM
Agreed. And it means that Bradshaw gets the second defender, and Goodes, or more likely the resting ruckman, can have a picnic.

Yuri H
19th April 2010, 10:47 AM
Most impressive guns in the league...no homo.

As a homo, I agree.

More importantly, watching him really click and seem to be having a great (and effective) time this weekend was a blast.

wearebloods
19th April 2010, 11:26 AM

White did have some reasonable leads ignored.

I have my fingers crossed that his speccie & conversion will be a massive confidence booster for the big man [comparable to Grundy's pivotal moment of glory]

swansrob
19th April 2010, 11:39 AM
White did have some reasonable leads ignored.

I have my fingers crossed that his speccie & conversion will be a massive confidence booster for the big man [comparable to Grundy's pivotal moment of glory]

Agreed. The fact he's being credited for being the turning point with his (excellent) mark and goal has to be a booster, yeah?

RogueSwan
19th April 2010, 12:13 PM
He was playing a lot more up the ground at times, leaving Bradshaw one out in the square.

Similar to the old Hall/Magic combination that served us so well.

johnno
19th April 2010, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna say it, I'm gonna say it....I've got HUGE man love for Daniel Bradshaw at the moment.

20th April 2010, 02:37 PM
I went to Melbourne to watch this game and was rapt in the strength of Bradshaws marking.

White seemed to be pushing up the ground more takiing his defender with him which left Braddy one out. One out he is going to mark it heaps or get infringed. His kicking as a bit off but we know he's usually deadly so looking good.

Jessie is such a talent that he needs to be left in the ones to continue developing and gelling with Bradshaw. White's athleticism and height poses a match up problem for opposition coaches which is exactly what you need to unbalance their game plan.