PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 Post-Mortems - Winners and Losers

Norris Lurker
15th May 2010, 11:18 PM
It doesn't look like Bruce Purser holds any fears for Campbelltown - the Blues remain undefeated there after knocking off East Coast.
Pennant Hills with a big win over Balmain, and Sydney Uni too good for Wollongong.

I was in Canberra today, but did anyone get to any games? Any interesting incidents, brilliant passages of play, players to watch? What were your thoughts?

Pace To Burn
16th May 2010, 11:29 AM
It doesn't look like Bruce Purser holds any fears for Campbelltown - the Blues remain undefeated there after knocking off East Coast.
Pennant Hills with a big win over Balmain, and Sydney Uni too good for Wollongong.

I was in Canberra today, but did anyone get to any games? Any interesting incidents, brilliant passages of play, players to watch? What were your thoughts?

A great win from the boys last night, some of the young kids really stood up. First time out their yesterday and i have to say its a great facility. Would have been a good idea to put the viewing area on the western side of the ground though, an absolute nightmare looking into the sun between 4&5pm

Pace To Burn
16th May 2010, 03:39 PM
By the way, Jamie Vlatko can certainly play. Nearly took the best hanger ive seen in sydney footy but spilled it on the way down.

ShortHalfHead
16th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Well done to Campbelltown on their win at the Eagles "Self Proclaimed" Purser Fortress. The cannons must have been firing blanks though as the poachers failed to win a game in their three senior matches. UTS also look to be starting to dominate the divisions again, North Shore look to go the treble in the Premier Cup and Penrith can now enjoy a well earned rest after their win on Saturday with the bye coming up this week in the Challenge Cup. Round 8 will hopefully see them back on the park to play their 3rd game of the season.

shearer
16th May 2010, 08:59 PM
well done to the young st george on their win today over UNSW/ES.Congrats to all 3 grades on the wins.

Norris Lurker
17th May 2010, 01:44 AM
This week's RWO Sydney AFL wrap (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/30532-Sydney-AFL-Round-6-2010)is now online, featuring pics and a report from the top-of-the-table clash at Henson Park where Wests held out North Shore for a thrilling 4-point win.

beameup
17th May 2010, 09:39 AM
well done to the young st george on their win today over UNSW/ES.Congrats to all 3 grades on the wins.

Yeah, been a while coming but home grown is best

sam
17th May 2010, 07:31 PM

Good to see St George 2s have a big win, how bad are UNSW? could go back down to 3nd div next year, from flag to spoon in one year.
Mac uni who went up looks good to stay and jets in div 2 are looking ok to stay up too.
just need UTS to go up and Sharks, div are starting to look good.

Coastal Boy
17th May 2010, 08:08 PM
So can someone clarify for me, is the relegation system for div 1- div4 continuing as per last year? If you win the comp do you automatically go up and win the spoon automatically drop a division.....or is it up to the discretion of the powers that be. If you win the comp, can you decline a jump in division????? I guess I am saying, if the rules are not written in concrete for all to consider, is that very fair??............so are they written anywhere??????

Hawknik
17th May 2010, 09:10 PM
Bylaws state (from AFL website below):

Promotion/Relegation (Added 11/11/2008)
5.32 Promotion and Relegation will apply to Divisions 1-4 on the following basis:
Where a team wins a premiership in either Division's 2-4 that team will be eligible for promotion to
the next higher division. The Administration Committee may promote that team, or another after
consultation with the clubs concerned, provided that club does not have a team already playing in
that division.
Should a team be promoted to a higher division, the team that finished last in that division shall be
relegated, provided that club does not already have a team playing in that division. Should the
bottom team be unable to be relegated the Administration will determine which team will be
relegated.
Admission to the Premier Division will be subject to the club applying in writing and meeting the
Premier Division Criteria. Applications will be assessed by the Administration Committee, with
successful applicants given twelve (12) months notice prior to entering in the Premier Division.

Doped Youth
19th May 2010, 10:07 AM
Good to see St George 2s have a big win, how bad are UNSW?.

UNSW arent that bad. The Dragons fielded their best ressies team in a long while. Still a lot of blokes to come back from injury down at Old's will only make the magoos stronger

Pekay
19th May 2010, 11:36 AM
UNSW arent that bad. The Dragons fielded their best ressies team in a long while. Still a lot of blokes to come back from injury down at Old's will only make the magoos stronger

Poor Gull had an awesome team at his disposal after winning the Div 3 flag last year, however the team has been broken up as they are filling holes in the Div 1 team. I'd say they would be right up there in Div 2 if they had all their cattle from last year, but it happens.