PDA

View Full Version : Possible seven losses in a row coming up

Bas
29th May 2010, 11:51 AM
The Swans could be setting a new record under Roos if their current form continues. I think the most losses we have had in a row has been 5 but this could be extended to 7 and the season well and truly over by Rd 14.

It wasn't that long ago that we were posting on the outcome of the Swans season depending on how we went against the Cats, Dogs, Freo and Hawks. Three losses out of three and running into a hot Hawks team tomorrow you would be thinking 4 out of 4 coming up.

Add an in form Bombers outfit next week, Port at AAMI the following week and the Mugpies after that, a top 4 finish will never happen and we would be lucky to fall over the line in 8th spot at this stage. Even that is in doubt.

Well, enjoy the game tomorrow. On Swans past recent form, 7 goal win to the Dorks.

Swans percentage now in free falllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

liz
29th May 2010, 11:53 AM
Such a cheery post!

Bas
29th May 2010, 12:01 PM
Such a cheery post!

It's raining outside, a big storm reported on the way and a big reality whack on the football chops is on the way for the Swans.

Fortunately the Tigers in the week after the Mugpies will cap it at 7. I wonder if TDL will get a game by then.

Steve
29th May 2010, 12:20 PM
I think "current form" is being taken out of context - we've lost to teams currently 1, 3 & 4 on the ladder in the last 3 weeks, coinciding with a time when we've been decimated by injury and suspension. At absolute best we might have hoped to beat Fremantle, but when Kennelly (and later Bradshaw) went down that was going to be extremely unlikely also.

And our only other loss was to the team who is 5th, and we played them with Riewoldt.

Bottom half of the top 8 is realistically our aim - and was all along really. Assuming we get some personnel back in decent shape, that's still a decent chance.

albrotha
29th May 2010, 12:46 PM
I am travelling down today to catch the Crows V Saints tonight then the SWANS v hawks tomorrow. On my many away trips i have always felt we had a chance to win except for this weekend. Whilst we have Mumford back which is a bonus we are catching the Hawks on a high. I really hope to get a surprise but will not be disappointed if we lose by under 5 goals. It is great watching the young players develop. Good times will return once we get the injured players back and as always we will fight on............ whether the odds be great or be small........onwards to victory. GO THE SWANNIES.

satchmopugdog
29th May 2010, 02:21 PM
Having lived through 23 losses in a row..7 is a piece of piss

caj23
29th May 2010, 02:27 PM
The Swans could be setting a new record under Roos if their current form continues. I think the most losses we have had in a row has been 5 but this could be extended to 7 and the season well and truly over by Rd 14.

It wasn't that long ago that we were posting on the outcome of the Swans season depending on how we went against the Cats, Dogs, Freo and Hawks. Three losses out of three and running into a hot Hawks team tomorrow you would be thinking 4 out of 4 coming up.

Add an in form Bombers outfit next week, Port at AAMI the following week and the Mugpies after that, a top 4 finish will never happen and we would be lucky to fall over the line in 8th spot at this stage. Even that is in doubt.

Well, enjoy the game tomorrow. On Swans past recent form, 7 goal win to the Dorks.

why bother?

Peace
29th May 2010, 02:44 PM
yep season is over and its all playfairs fault!

aardvark
29th May 2010, 03:28 PM
yep season is over and its all playfairs fault!

Don't forget that barlow fellow as well....

Peace
29th May 2010, 04:33 PM
nah he has played way too many games for us to make that sort of judgement on him....

BeeEmmAre
29th May 2010, 07:44 PM
Nah, I reckon it has to be Roos' fault because of his selection policy.

Bloody hell, with the pessimism on this site, who needs opposition supporters? I'm in England, where no one cares about our game, and I still feel like I'm getting bagged non-stop for supporting the Swans. By Swans. Glass half full please.

Damien
29th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Sorry for the following cliche but let's take it "one week at a time", not going to worry about record losses in a row etc, who knows what the boys will find? I know I didn't pick the tiges to win by 47 at AAMI today, so anything can happen.

Mumford is a MASSIVE in, especially in what he will offer around the ground as a marking big man and hopefully White without Bradshaw and last weeks kick up the butt will get him firing...not forgetting the MOD will be jumping out of his skin to prove he is worthy of perm selection.

Anyway, as Satch alluded to...we have a bloody long way to go to beat our losses record.

undy
29th May 2010, 09:24 PM

Bit revisionist - I thought that we were looking at the Lions, Cats, Dogs and Dockers games ? Not sure we would have been worried about the Hawks a month ago.

Triple B
29th May 2010, 09:30 PM
I'm struggling to find reasons why we are such longshots tomorrow.

I haven't had much of a bet on footy for a while and when I did I tended to steer clear of betting on Swans games for a variety of reasons, but $3.50 or whatever we are is ridiculously good odds.

We just need to start well and last weeks game will be a distant memory to the Hawks and the self doubt will set in quick smart.

Bas
29th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Yes Triple B at those odds a few dollars are worth the risk. Paid off on Friday night. I wish I had $10 on the Tiges today. It was a great game to watch and the amount of water on the ground was amazing.

I don't think the thread is pessimistic. It's more an observation of what might happen. I hope we beat Dorks tomorrow, Bombers might crash after Friday and Port are a possibility.

It just doesn't help our cause when we meet teams on the up.

Damien
29th May 2010, 10:54 PM
SPOILER.

Brisbane just beat Collingwood, so anything is possible, Brisbane with unfit Brown/Fevola weren't even meant to get close.

Bas
29th May 2010, 11:06 PM
There have been 3 upsets this weekend. Outstanding wins by Tiges and Lions. Especially Lions. It's funny how the Swans are above Dorks on ladder but if we win it would be an upset.

Jetta to kick 3 goals and Jesse 4. Playfair an easy 2 goals.

Still hoping TDL makes a late debut.

top40
30th May 2010, 09:37 AM
Following a footy team should be viewed as a pastime, an enjoyable pursuit.

I know everyone's got different emotions and different outlooks on life. That said, if one is going to be so pessimistic about a footy team, you mustn't be enjoying following that team.

Matty10
31st May 2010, 06:54 PM
I am going to take the view that Roos offered up today:

Confidence up despite loss to Hawks: Roos - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95385/default.aspx)

There were lots of good things to come out of the Hawks match. It sure was a hell of a lot better than against Geelong and Dogs. I am not sure that we will beat Essendon, but I have a lot more confidence than I did prior to the game on Sunday.

ScottH
31st May 2010, 08:03 PM

I think people should be banned for starting threads like this!! :(

Bas
31st May 2010, 11:05 PM
I think people should be banned for starting threads like this!! :(

ScottH have you always had difficulty with facing the truth? Do you put your fingers in your ears and say lalalalalal whenever you can't handle the truth? You don't explain why people should be banned with starting threads like this. I understand why you have 17,000 odd posts if this is the best you can dish up.

The purpose of my posts was to alert others that this may be a reality. With current injuries it is still possible. We will probably lose to Bombers and possibly fall over the line against Port. Maybe. Mugpies will flog us by 50.

If Hawks had kicked straight in that first qtr, they may have won by 50.

It's called freedom of speech or posting in this case. There is always Bigfooty for you.

Yes I support the Swans and great news to hear Folau will likely sign with GWS. Ban that!

Triple B
31st May 2010, 11:09 PM
Well Scott, that certainly went through slips....lol

Bas
31st May 2010, 11:17 PM

I'm entitled to my angry pills. I don't even have red hair.

SwansFan1972
31st May 2010, 11:42 PM
For all the doom and gloom, Saturday's effort was vastly improved over previous three weeks - and for all the faults on both sides, in the end it was a coin toss. Shaw goals and we most likely win. Why the footy gods favoured the dorks over us is anyone's guess, (they have been particularly cruel over the past month - delivering us undermanned to be feasted on by three of the current top four, and a resurgent team in Hawthorn who were borderline useless for every week apart from the lead in week to playing us).

Will beat an overconfident and cocky dons side on Sunday to get a well deserved boost after an incredibly tough spell. Record against Port is pretty good and they have fallen apart over last few weeks also (without anywhere near the number of excuses). And although Pies have had our measure in recent years, their confidence will have been shaken by recent fortnight and they may come into our game thinking they are wasting time this season since they can't mix it with the big boys (when they were expected to be one of them).

No way will we be seven in a row (with fingers crossed behind back ... ) :)

ScottH
1st June 2010, 08:37 AM

I'm entitled to my angry pills. I don't even have red hair.

Um, I think your right Triple...

Bas, Can you give me the tatts numbers for this week. Your Crystal ball seems to be pretty accurate!!

Bas
1st June 2010, 10:36 PM
Um, I think your right Triple...

Bas, Can you give me the tatts numbers for this week. Your Crystal ball seems to be pretty accurate!!

First number is 5 then 6 then 7. Give you the next 3 next week.

caj23
2nd June 2010, 09:35 AM
we will flog essendon this week

Kanga
2nd June 2010, 10:22 AM
Having lived through 23 losses in a row..7 is a piece of piss

well said mate! keep the chin up.

msb
2nd June 2010, 10:27 AM
we will flog essendon this week

Dont know about flog, but with fletcher now definately out, we really should win this one, if not it's curtains for 2010 IMO.

Bas
6th June 2010, 09:23 PM
Ding Dong the Witch is dead.

Great chance to beat Port next week.

Win or lose we will stay in the 8 next week.

Interesting Rd next week with Cats v Bombers, Dogs v Lions.

ScottH
6th June 2010, 09:28 PM
OK, You're unbanned now Bas!!
Lucky boy!!! ;)

Bas
6th June 2010, 11:37 PM
OK, You're unbanned now Bas!!
Lucky boy!!! ;)

Very relieved, Now lets win the next 4.

ScottH
7th June 2010, 08:37 AM

Now you're talking!!!

Why stop at 4??

Big Al
7th June 2010, 08:56 AM

Oh nooooo... your dire prediction of more losses actually got us back into winning ways. Can you delete this post and again predict more losses.

Bob Neil
7th June 2010, 11:26 AM
Only 2-3 fairly predictable wins (Tigers [A], NM [H], Melb [A] OR Hawks [H]) in the remaining rounds and lots of hard-to pick ones.... Writing Geelong and Freo games off.

Need 5 more wins. Fortunately there's a big % drop to the next below us so even if we lose some of the hard-to pick games, they need to be close. Can't afford to get flogged by Geelong or Freo, like we have been already.

Port is a big game in the scheme....

JF_Bay22_SCG
7th June 2010, 11:54 AM
Ding Dong the Witch is dead.

Great chance to beat Port next week.

Win or lose we will stay in the 8 next week.

Interesting Rd next week with Cats v Bombers, Dogs v Lions.

BIGGEST BACKFLIP EVER!

Oh yeah of little faith.

When Hannebury said last week that the attitude had returned I had faith for yesterday. Hannebury (despite being quiet himself) was right. We were back playing the footy the Swans can.

JF (in Sydney still)

Bas
7th June 2010, 05:03 PM
BIGGEST BACKFLIP EVER!

JF (in Sydney still)

I'm practising politics. Now was that a core or uncore promise? Written or verbal?

Drop Goodes to the 2's and bring in Barlow. If Goodes has a very good game next week then we should forget he ever played badly, that is until the next time he plays badly.

Is he having women problems? Counselling from Nick Davis and Barry Hall is prescribed immediately.

I like being a politician.

cruiser
7th June 2010, 07:50 PM
Very relieved, Now lets win the next 4. A couple of my West Tigers supporting mates point out that we are following their season. A string of wins to start the season, then four losses in a row, then a win, then .... West Tigers havent lost a game since. The last time we had such a similar season to our NRL barometer was 2005 ;)

Big Al
7th June 2010, 08:12 PM
A couple of my West Tigers supporting mates point out that we are following their season. A string of wins to start the season, then four losses in a row, then a win, then .... West Tigers havent lost a game since. The last time we had such a similar season to our NRL barometer was 2005 ;)

Very Very Very smart mates you have there Cruiser.;)

It's also Wests Tigers. Yes I know I'm a pedant but I was a Wests supporter before the merger.

Dogzbody
7th June 2010, 09:07 PM
This is just a %%%% string. Smash it Scott, who needs it!!!!