PDA

View Full Version : Brownlow Medallist of the future

The Goodes
11th June 2010, 12:45 AM
So who do folks think it will be?

ALL of my immediate family (Bloods people through and through) think Jetta.

I say Hannebury.

Other suggestions?

31 hard at it
11th June 2010, 12:54 AM
Jetta flashy in bursts - not consistant enough.
Hanners - A definite in front of umpires hard work and classy.
Rohan - That red hair is a vote catcher.

swantastic
11th June 2010, 01:01 AM
LRT...now he attracts umpires attention

swansrob
11th June 2010, 02:53 AM
Hanners for sure.

Bloody Hell
11th June 2010, 04:02 AM
I think Rohan and Hannebery will be taking votes off each other for many years to come.

Bloody Hell
11th June 2010, 04:04 AM
LRT...now he attracts umpires attention

swantastic - is the picture in your avatar a picture of you??? I like to think it is.

Primmy
11th June 2010, 09:03 AM
I think Rohan and Hannebery will be taking votes off each other for many years to come.

Agree. But Hanners is an organiser, they don't usually get the gongs. Red stands out....sooooo...........

Damien
11th June 2010, 09:05 AM
I agree Hanners or Rohan, especially Hanners, I think he may end up a Ump favourite, BUT I have been reminding myself of brownlow victories such as Stynes and Wynd, so I'm going out on a limb and declaring Mumford a future Brownlow medalist!

Tackling G Ablett (Gold Coast varierty) doesn't carry any penalty points, so he is all good to go from 2011 ;)

Big Al
11th June 2010, 09:12 AM
Damien, you got in before me. As we all know Ruckman take time to mature and play their best football later than other players . If Mummy is this good now imagine what he's going to be like with a few seasons under his belt.

Matty10
11th June 2010, 11:31 AM
There really are very few ruckmen in the league that play with the kind of intensity that Mumford has shown over the last couple of weeks. If he can maintain that level of effort over the course of an entire (injury / report free) season you would have to consider him a good chance at polling well.

But I do like Hanners as well.

RogueSwan
11th June 2010, 01:30 PM
Craig Bird, if he string together a couple of full seasons.
Then again he is probably not flashy enough.

swansrule100
11th June 2010, 01:51 PM

I say Hannebury.

Other suggestions?

jetta to win the brownlow? your family are kidding themselves wont ever happen

Dalai Lama
11th June 2010, 01:57 PM
Daniel "Lucy" Bradshaw?

Mr Magoo
11th June 2010, 03:26 PM
He hasnt played a senior game for us yet.

sWAns63
11th June 2010, 05:22 PM
Rohan for sure Hanners will get the No.1 tagger

Bleed Red Blood
11th June 2010, 05:25 PM
Meredith.

sWAns63
11th June 2010, 05:32 PM
Meredith.

Needs to get into the team first I'd like to see him in sooner rather then later though I think the selection committee has their top 22 allready sorted out hopefully he can sneak in and then have a big game.

Chookbilly
11th June 2010, 05:38 PM
Meredith.

Exactly the name I was about to post.
Excellent ball usage, vision and creativity. Almost Pendlebury like.
Will be a major part of our midfiel for many years to come.

jono2707
11th June 2010, 05:46 PM

At least if you vote Jetta you'll get several chances..... :)

Kirkari
11th June 2010, 07:38 PM

Any reasoning you want to share?

Doctor
11th June 2010, 11:15 PM

I say Hannebury.

Other suggestions?

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but it'd be nice if people posting on these boards that purport to be fans of the club could actually take a minute to ensure they spell the names of the players correctly. Nothing against you personally "The Goodes" because there are plenty who spell Hannebery's name incorrectly but it really bugs me. Misuse of aposptrophes and a stack of other things bug me too but I accept (in bewliderment at times admittedly) that some people don't spell all that well but it's not hard to do our boys the courtesy of looking up how to spell their names correctly before writing about them. Anyway, like I said, I'm probably just an old moaner.

FWIW, I think you're right about Hanners being our next Brownlow chance.

Big Al
11th June 2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but it'd be nice if people posting on these boards that purport to be fans of the club could actually take a minute to ensure they spell the names of the players correctly. Nothing against you personally "The Goodes" because there are plenty who spell Hannebery's name incorrectly but it really bugs me. Misuse of aposptrophes and a stack of other things bug me too but I accept (in bewliderment at times admittedly) that some people don't spell all that well but it's not hard to do our boys the courtesy of looking up how to spell their names correctly before writing about them. Anyway, like I said, I'm probably just an old moaner.

Couldn't agree more! Used to hate it when people spelled Tighes name incorrectly.

Swanner
12th June 2010, 12:03 AM
Exactly the name I was about to post.
Excellent ball usage, vision and creativity. Almost Pendlebury like.
Will be a major part of our midfiel for many years to come.

i just havent seen this in his play .... is he really that good?

Nich
12th June 2010, 12:53 AM

Please tell me this is a joke? You've got spelling mistakes in your own post? : )

The Goodes
12th June 2010, 12:54 AM

No offence taken.;) Hanners for our next Brownlow. I hope they don't spell his name wrong when they cast the medal :p

The Goodes
12th June 2010, 12:58 AM

Never say never. They just love the Bloke and are putting a swag of faith in him. I, for one, would love for them to prove me (and you) wrong. But yeah, based on his present form, I don't see it happening.

The Goodes
12th June 2010, 01:02 AM

Good point. Won't be the first time that a team has had players nullify each other during the Brownlow count.

Bloody Hell
12th June 2010, 08:33 AM
Please tell me this is a joke? You've got spelling mistakes in your own post? : )

Harshe!

Bloody Hell
12th June 2010, 08:34 AM
i just havent seen this in his play .... is he really that good?

I rate Meredith this highly...if that adds any weight to the argument. :)

Jewels
12th June 2010, 01:31 PM
I rate Meredith this highly...if that adds any weight to the argument. :)

So do I and I think the Pendlebury comparison is very apt.