PDA

View Full Version : Karmichael Hunt's debut - streamed live (ABC)

ugg
11th June 2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/06/karmichael-hunt-debut-streaming-live.html

Awesome!

Reggi
11th June 2010, 02:22 PM
Will be live on ABC Melbourne they are expecting a crowd of 5,000 according to Foxsports

Mike_B
11th June 2010, 03:40 PM
What will happen first? Hunt kicks a goal or get's called for a throw because he gets confused about passing/handballing?

Big Al
11th June 2010, 03:47 PM
What will happen first? Hunt kicks a goal or get's called for a throw because he gets confused about passing/handballing?

Looking forward to the first time he lines someone up, they won't know what hit them.

Matty10
11th June 2010, 04:20 PM
It will be interesting to watch.

Lucky Knickers
11th June 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm excited!

Reggi
12th June 2010, 02:04 PM
DR J is commentating - going to be an interesting afternoon looks like a big crowd

Karmichel Hunt great tackle in first 2mins kicked OOF held ball very strangely like a half Torp

2 goals to Hunt in first 8mins

Matty10
12th June 2010, 02:22 PM
2 goals in the first quarter is a great start for any player in a football game!

stellation
12th June 2010, 02:34 PM
The quality of the stream is actually pretty good.

Reggi
12th June 2010, 02:39 PM
He looks a little, what's the word, fat? for an AFL player, so first challenge will be losing 5Kgs and get fit

stellation
12th June 2010, 02:44 PM
The little half volley and then handball was actually pretty good, that was probably exactly the situation (quick reflex actions) where people have expected him to possibly throw the ball out without thinking.

Reggi
12th June 2010, 02:48 PM
The little half volley and then handball was actually pretty good, that was probably exactly the situation (quick reflex actions) where people have expected him to possibly throw the ball out without thinking.

That was exciting actually, not many AFL level players could do that take the ball so low and get it off good crowd

stellation
12th June 2010, 02:53 PM
He looks a little, what's the word, fat? for an AFL player, so first challenge will be losing 5Kgs and get fit

Yeah, I imagine that won't be a problem- I'd say it's just based on the differing training for the codes.

He's actually a bit taller than I expected him to be.

stellation
12th June 2010, 02:55 PM
That was exciting actually, not many AFL level players could do that take the ball so low and get it off good crowd

Yep, good crowd. For all the mockery of grabbing these guys, it's given a great crowd for the VFL. I hope Coburg have been smart and put a big effort into making it a great gameday experience for the folks who have gone so they think about coming back.

Primmy
12th June 2010, 03:02 PM
T^hat is a very good livestream

Primmy
12th June 2010, 03:05 PM
That jumper is awfully close to Swans colour.....do they have an away strip yet?

Reggi
12th June 2010, 03:31 PM
Hunt is playing how you would. It's interesting to see he has a half forward dare I say Nick Davis to run out wide to get a cheap handball - and you forget how much courage it takes in AFL to put your head over the footy. Interesting to watch gald he kicked two goals so he is not humiliated you forget many AFL stars have work rate

Matty10
12th June 2010, 05:02 PM
They said on MMM that he had felt a bit sore in his hamstring and came off - was there any video that showed that?

That jumper is awfully close to Swans colour.....do they have an away strip yet?

That's what I thought when I first saw their colours - it is a bit annoying really if they do look similar (from a brand point of view).

Reggi
12th June 2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/small-steps-for-karmichael-hunt/story-e6frf9jf-1225878641917

I wouldn't draw any conclusions until he is fit. He is a long way short so will need a pre season before we can judge, and this is VFL level

anniswan
12th June 2010, 06:57 PM
Yep, good crowd. For all the mockery of grabbing these guys, it's given a great crowd for the VFL. I hope Coburg have been smart and put a big effort into making it a great gameday experience for the folks who have gone so they think about coming back.

Well, I had a good time there, Coburg were very nice to me and allowed me to watch the game from the warmth of the function room, I'll be back '-))

Xie Shan
12th June 2010, 08:00 PM

I have been wondering about this since they first came out with the strip - I know there are teams in the comp who have very similar jumpers (North, Collingwood, Geelong) but surely it would have made more sense to come up with a new jumper entirely for a new club? At least our 'clash strip' is mostly white with a red V and won't clash with theirs at all if we wear white shorts - I think their away strip is yellow, so that shouldn't be an issue...

But anyway I didn't catch any of the game but the reports on sports tonight were less than flattering - they asked a spectator if he thought Hunt would make it and the answer was a straight-out "No". It's very early days, and good luck to him, but it just highlights how tough the transition is from the rugby codes. Look how long it took LRT to develop into an accomplished defender! I like the way the Swans have handled Pyke. He was on a rookie salary so cost us virtually nothing, and there was no pressure on him to deliver straight away. When you go after players like Hunt and Folau who are already established stars in their own sports, it is a HUGE jump from being the top of one tree to having to start at the bottom at another.

Damien
12th June 2010, 08:07 PM

They haven't settled on their official guernsey but have said red is going to be the main colour. You'd have to think with the amount of pressure the AFL is putting on Essendon for an away strip that they will make sure GC have one that is doesn't clash with anyone else....I hope..

As for the game, I think he did pretty well for a guy who played Rugby League up until last September, then played Rugby up until last month. Nothing impressive, but I'd rate his chances for having a red hot go in our game at some point in time.