PDA

View Full Version : Rocca thread

dawson
24th September 2003, 08:48 PM
As soon as anyone finds out anything about the Rocca appeal, can you please post it here.

After Monday night, RWO is no my Number One source of footy news.

Reggi
24th September 2003, 08:50 PM
Will be on the computer for a little while longer

Apparently the new evidence is a joke - Lade has discovered a big bruise on his shoulder he never knew about - Collingwood have attacked the umpire Haydn Kennedy's evidence (he is umpiring the GF)

Doesn't sound promising for Rocca

Reggi
24th September 2003, 09:14 PM
Appeal Dismissed

anniswan
24th September 2003, 09:14 PM
Appeal dismissed, but they are still trying for a suspended sentence

Schneidergirl
24th September 2003, 09:29 PM
If the Tribunal give him a suspended sentence- then it's a complete joke.

The purpose of the Tribunal is to act out against unfair or dangerous play. Is it not?

Players should take responsibility for their actions. If he misses the GF then it's his own bloody fault.

I've seen the replay of the 'hip and shoulder' incident a couple of hundred times, and I can ONLY see contact to his cheek.

Also, that Nick Stevens suspension was just crazy- if he got 2 weeks Brodie (for 'king' hitting Willow) should have got 4.
Anyway I should just let the hatchet be burried- but I'm angry that players get away with it so much.

How can they learn from their mistakes if they get let off on them?

Hall's 5 week suspension looks like a life time compared to ones I've mentioned. Though I think Hall has learnt a lot from that suspension last year.

Thanks for reading my ranting.
:)

Schneidergirl
24th September 2003, 09:32 PM
Def not playing HORRAH!:D

Reggi
24th September 2003, 09:36 PM
Rocca still out for two weeks

So he can play in the 2nd replay GF

chammond
24th September 2003, 10:53 PM
Rocca still out for two weeks

So he can play in the 2nd replay GF

:D

What would be better than watching Collingwood lose the Grand Final?

Seeing them lose after two replays!

Eddie would have a heart attack.

AussieAnge
25th September 2003, 11:13 PM
That Lade! he shouldn't have "Cheeked" Rocca's elbow, could really have injured him. Anyway he shouldn't have been playing for Port in that game as the tribunal was soft with him in his report in the QF agains the Bombers. Had the tribunal got that decision right then he wouldn't have been there to run into Roccs's cocked elbow - that was how I thought Collingwood's appeal would go!